PDA

View Full Version : very interested to find this server...

shuklak
02-16-2011, 05:52 PM
so for years I was looking for something like a classic eq emu... many said it could not be done.

I toiled on eqemu summoning whatever I wanted on 17 man servers, and I even enjoyed SOD for a about 2 years. but project 1999 came to me from pure chance. my friend was talking about an old friend, mentioned eq, and then I googled to see where warriors hp is at nowadays (lol).

anyways, this server looks pretty awesome and I might give it a go...

I read the about page but it's kind of brief.

just a few questions before I tell my friends about this...

is this server group-friendly at the low end?
how many people usually play in USA evening hours?
are you allowed to 2-box?
can you get a manastone or kill pyzjn?... lol, ahh the memories...

I'm pretty excited to learn more about this project.

azeth
02-16-2011, 05:54 PM
is this server group-friendly at the low end?
how many people usually play in USA evening hours?
are you allowed to 2-box?
can you get a manastone or kill pyzjn.

Yes

Previously was around 800, now ~650

no

manastone - no (as with lustrous russet, pre nerf guise, scimitar of the mistwalker, fanged skull stilleto etc)

pyzjin - always

hateshadow
02-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Hi.
Welcome to the server, i'll simply answer your questions tho:
This server is very group friendly at all levels. There are tons of other new people just like you!
In the evening hours there are 700 to 850 people (approximation) online, which means there are people in almost every zone of the game.
You are Not allowed to 2-box.
You can not get a manastone anymore (unless you buy one, good luck ;) )
And you can kill Pyzjn if you can find him!

Randy
02-16-2011, 06:15 PM
Play a pally or SK, even with the hybrid penalty. 1-40 is very tank depleted. Warrior is harder cause you need equipment for aggro or you suck. though i guess you can get stun whips cheap. but finding a group is easy for a tank

Kassel
02-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Welcome.

Server is full of people looking to group at all levels.
Manastone no longer drops but there are enough of them kicking around that you will see them for sale every so often.

Pyzjn is bugged atm, hopfully they fix it this next patch.

shuklak
02-16-2011, 06:55 PM
o man this is sweet...

are quests functional too? I remember bandit sashes were awesome at the early stages... bb was fun too.

azeth
02-16-2011, 06:56 PM
o man this is sweet...

are quests functional too? I remember bandit sashes were awesome at the early stages... bb was fun too.

ya things should be working as intended, don't at all expect to find anything broken that should be around during the classic era. granted we don't pay for the server directly, but the GMs do take care of fixing things if you find the issues.

bionicbadger
02-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Manastone will be pretty useless once Kunark comes out since it only works in the old world zones.