PDA

View Full Version : Getting this working

PureLo
02-08-2010, 12:22 AM
So there is in no way that i can just install the 3 versions... classic, kunark, and velious to get this to work? I have to have titanium or SoF files in order to fulfill the requirements? Because i used another EQEmu on my titanium files and it seems i can't get this server to run even after making the correct changes, it says the host can't be found. Any ideas?

Myth
02-08-2010, 12:32 AM
Sounds like you need to edit your eqhost.ini file. I think that is the name of it... Check the getting started guide.

PureLo
02-08-2010, 01:18 PM
yeah it is the eqhost.txt file that they say in the getting started guide. I changed it to exactly what they have listed with nothing else and it wouldn't let me connect to host. Kept giving me an error message.

Shads
02-08-2010, 01:45 PM
So there is in no way that i can just install the 3 versions... classic, kunark, and velious to get this to work?

I tryed this at first and could not log in. As far as I know the needed files are not installed doing it this way, must use titanium or SoF.

I have to have titanium or SoF files in order to fulfill the requirements?

Yes. You can download them from isohunt last I checked.

Shads
02-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Because i used another EQEmu on my titanium files and it seems i can't get this server to run even after making the correct changes, it says the host can't be found. Any ideas?

Did you have to make any changes or updates for this other EQEmu? Either way if you still have the cd's/install files I would try it with a fresh install.

PureLo
02-08-2010, 06:23 PM
yeah to play the other EMU you patch files... so i guess i will have to try and re-install fresh. Just will have to find all my stuff again.