PDA

View Full Version : Crashing while zoning/ Can't log back in

dookieshed
07-07-2017, 05:50 PM
I've been having trouble zoning and logging in all day today. The game has frozen while loading twice today and then I'm unable to log on for like an hour. But it seems like everyone else is able to play without any issues. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening to me?

Tuurin
07-07-2017, 11:05 PM
Having similar issues. P99 has always run really smoothly for me up until a couple days ago. Now it freezes most of the time that I zone, then timeouts when I try to log back in. Have to try several times until I can eventually make it back. Playing isn't an issue at all- played for hours earlier today, but once I tried to switch zones, no dice.

My assumption is there wasn't any change on the server side-my only thought was a windows update perhaps?

Baler
07-07-2017, 11:10 PM
Make sure your files are not corrupt or damaged. I had my Sol a files magically become broken over night once. I had a friend send me his zone files and it started working again. Definitely in the top weirdest things to happen. Ever since I kept a backup copy of classic-velious zones in a zip but I've never had it happen again.

wwoneo
07-07-2017, 11:28 PM
I've been having problems myself. I have 3 different accounts. One of them is now getting a 1017 error on the login screen which has never happened before and I've had the account for 5 years.

The server login shows up with no listed servers. Is it an EQemu problem? Also, when I did get into the game a few hours ago, I was having some lag issues which is extremely rare.

I just got the servers to show up on this login attempt, but now when I try to click play it gives me the, "An unknown error occurred while trying to join the server." I was just logged in less than a couple of hours ago.

westtell4
07-07-2017, 11:53 PM
This has been an on going problem for P99 for as long as i can remember they have never really done anything about it. told me it was out of there control and was problems between me and my ISP

wwoneo
07-08-2017, 12:44 AM
This has been an on going problem for P99 for as long as i can remember they have never really done anything about it. told me it was out of there control and was problems between me and my ISP

Nah, that doesn't make any sense at all. It only started happening today and has NEVER happened in the last 4 years I've played here. So, that is definitely not the issue.

westtell4
07-08-2017, 02:18 AM
Nah, that doesn't make any sense at all. It only started happening today and has NEVER happened in the last 4 years I've played here. So, that is definitely not the issue.

i've played here on and off for over 5 and even back 5 years ago i was getting disconnected while zoning and random no server screens and unable to connects

spectrefax
07-08-2017, 03:43 PM
I'm having the same issue and can't seem to log back in.

I'm using WinEQ 2.15. I've had this problem of sometimes crashing while zoning for a while now, and I've noticed that it only seems to happen when the server is packed. Never happens when I play during off hours while the server population is low. This leads me to believe it's a server-side error and probably has something to do with how zoning requests are handled when the server is busy.

Going to keep trying to log back in. GL.

Mead
07-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Try using the EQEmuLauncher instead of WinEQ

Also only problems I have ever had logging into game were due to my own firewall issues

Hope this helps

westtell4
07-08-2017, 08:18 PM
Try using the EQEmuLauncher instead of WinEQ

Also only problems I have ever had logging into game were due to my own firewall issues

Hope this helps

i don't recommend this as p99 is not an EQEmuLauncer supported server and also EQEmuLauncher doesn't get updated

Mead
07-09-2017, 08:38 AM
i don't recommend this as p99 is not an EQEmuLauncer supported server and also EQEmuLauncher doesn't get updated

Always have had problems with wineq
Never have issues with the default and eqemulauncher aside from already stated issue
It's a pretty simple decision for me
You do what you feel works for you though

Troxx
07-09-2017, 08:47 AM
I'm not sure if it's my internet connection ... but today I keep crashing on log in and during character swaps.