PDA

View Full Version : WTB manastone

tommyola
07-10-2017, 08:36 AM
What is a fair price for this???

schnickusaurus
07-10-2017, 05:49 PM
To answer your question, I sold 5 of those for 195k-235k ranged prices.

When the new recycle is announced i expect price to hit 150k as ill make recycle alt and buy manastone there for 50k each for future merge. As of today price has remained 200k-235k while items like beads have soared from 25k to up to now 175k, indicating that Manastone is pressing down at any future bad news like a new recycle or at best remain 200k+

tommyola
07-10-2017, 06:27 PM
Appreciate your response, thank you!

Although I'm not sure what you mean by a recycle?

Liia
07-10-2017, 06:35 PM
I wouldnt listen to that illuminate even tho he is probably right about the price range. I feel theres a demand on manastone atm so you may have to pay the 235k if not more. Good luck

tommyola
07-10-2017, 06:37 PM
Thank you Liia, I just looked up the recycle - didn't know a fresh server was coming!

tommyola
07-10-2017, 06:40 PM
I have 200k to spend on it right now, please let me know if that price can tempt anybody!

Silvurwolf
07-10-2017, 07:56 PM
i paid 240 and wouldn't sell for the price i paid.

All that mumbo jumbo on recycle server and price drop, is speculation. There is still a patch to come, and a year of that patch before any of that mumbo jumbo server recycle stuff has any merit.

Even after all that - the server has to get to completion before it can be recycled and merge with blue. so you are talking at least a few years before any of that happens.

Oh and you think you'll be able to stroll into guk and camp one yourself? Good luck, there will be people there 24/7 and perhaps even guilds dedicated to getting every drop.

Also there is less on the server now than before because people quit. Plat is still being farmed so price will likely continue to rise if any demand increases.

Has price EVER dropped on manastone? The only person I've ever seen claiming price will drop is that same guy, after selling the ones he hoarded for so long. Coincidence?

Ravager
07-10-2017, 10:01 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath for the recycle server price drop. It'll likely be 1-2 years before the recycle server is launched and then another 2-3 years before it is merged. 5 years is a long time to wait to save 50-75k (if a certain person's opinion on prices is worth anything at all). Who knows what they'll do with the loot from the other servers on the merge, wouldn't surprise me if they make it no drop on xfer.

I've got no horse in this race, but I'm surprised Manastone isn't 300k. Seems like everyone is trying to buy one and nobody's selling them.

tommyola
07-11-2017, 01:00 AM
Interesting! Thank you all for your input :)

Maliant
07-11-2017, 01:06 AM
Beads are so valuable because they are an essential pulling tool. Yeah you can buy the probes, but most raiding toons have bags full of clickys and items to worry about keeping stocked and charged already so they aren't really feasible. Whereas Manastone is mostly a fun, cool toy.

As long as I'm in this thread can anyone speculate amount of Manastones / Beads on server? Which are there more of? I assume manastone is quite a bit more rare?

schnickusaurus
07-11-2017, 03:02 AM
Maliant your question is irrelevant.

Manastone is not lore. People are 110% well informed of time line.
The future supply of manastone from recycle server coming up is extreme extreme extremely high. What more do i need say? Draw a supply shift graph ? The shift will in future be quite a shift, not a small one. And markets are forward looking. Thats why Ravager did not see his 300k to answer his question/reflection as well :)

smitho1984
07-11-2017, 09:12 AM
Far more beads than manastones, 90% of manastones are long gone on abandoned acounts. id say less than 80 are still on utlized accounts.

Izmael
07-11-2017, 04:56 PM
What does make you people think that a "recycle" server (if any) will have manastone dropping? It probably won't.

smitho1984
07-11-2017, 04:59 PM
What does make you people think that a "recycle" server (if any) will have manastone dropping? It probably won't.

No Manastones on Agnarr... So I'd venture none on refresh

Ravager
07-11-2017, 05:06 PM
Maliant your question is irrelevant.

Manastone is not lore. People are 110% well informed of time line.
The future supply of manastone from recycle server coming up is extreme extreme extremely high. What more do i need say? Draw a supply shift graph ? The shift will in future be quite a shift, not a small one. And markets are forward looking. Thats why Ravager did not see his 300k to answer his question/reflection as well :)

My point of new manastones entering this server at soonest 5 years from now is still valid, if they enter at all. But you like to gloss over that fact.

Donal's BP was still fetching several hundred K during Kunark, despite the fact that everyone knew it would be nerfed and far more common after the Velious launch. What happens 5 years from now has no effect on today's prices. I'm willing to bet you haven't bought a single manastone at 150k despite your efforts to deceive people.

smitho1984
07-11-2017, 05:15 PM
Ya and if he says he did he's lying. Hes consistently tried to lower prices with every post he's ever made. All it takes is a forum search.

schnickusaurus
07-11-2017, 05:52 PM
Big supply makes 150k real yes. Agnarr is not a blue2. Recycle is, with the only difference being strict live timeline and a future merge with blue 1. Been announced before when velious was released so no need to speculate. No need for you to claim im trying to affect an unaffectable market , im not stupid. Glad i could help explain to you Ravager why Manastone did not hit 300k yet since..7 years? though :) you cannot avoid the fact that Recycle server release is closing in on us. Wait until we soon see the last patch/rewamp, you'll more and more lean to my thinking then when you start see the sellers entering the market in fear of future supply shock .

aaezil
07-11-2017, 06:02 PM
No Manastones on Agnarr... So I'd venture none on refresh

Agnarr has nothing to do with classic EQ and is far from it

Ravager
07-11-2017, 09:38 PM
Big supply makes 150k real yes. Agnarr is not a blue2. Recycle is, with the only difference being strict live timeline and a future merge with blue 1. Been announced before when velious was released so no need to speculate. No need for you to claim im trying to affect an unaffectable market , im not stupid. Glad i could help explain to you Ravager why Manastone did not hit 300k yet since..7 years? though :) you cannot avoid the fact that Recycle server release is closing in on us. Wait until we soon see the last patch/rewamp, you'll more and more lean to my thinking then when you start see the sellers entering the market in fear of future supply shock .
Wanna wager? Even plat says you can't buy one for 150k right now.

Recycle server wont affect this one for 5 years. There won't be an influx of manastones until then (if ever).

schnickusaurus
07-12-2017, 04:44 AM
If ever? You deny what staff announce . Its a loop but with exact timeline. No need to be in denial. 150k? Not right now, thats not possible. But the future aint bright like you foolishly seem to paint here. The only item that will quickly enough hit 300k is Holgresh Elder Beads, and thats why i still hold 8x of those and its proven right so far regardless your unproven arguments.

I wont buy Manastone for 150k. Ill buy it for 50k. On recycle . And no it wont be a 5 year wait for merge, then you have not read the technical bit about the recycle server obviously

Let me make perfectly clear and why you wont see 300k for Manastone:
Why buy it at 235k, even 210k, when you can buy it at 50k relatively soon on recycle, then wait out the strict timeline and after 2 years have it merged to blue1?
Only having an announcement about time of recycle server launch will prove this argument strong and further dampen the price increase of Manastone and also other removables, but the beads strength is biggest of them all so even if that goes down in value the reduction will be limited and the trip up in value will have been the biggest before that happens :)

So let me repeat: i will not buy at 150k, i will buy 50k :) and merely wait 2 years.

schnickusaurus
07-12-2017, 04:53 AM
The funny thing here Ravager is that your 'smartest' argument about markets acting according to what we have right here and now and ignore future timeline happenings that all know, like the Donald BP etc, can be used against you. You see, the first thing that will be rallied and hoarded on recycle, is of course Manastone ie my 50k buy is the very first thing coming up for me there lol :) since people know it will be removed yet they are okay with selling it to me for as low as 50k, just like the elder beads on blue1 :p

tommyola
07-12-2017, 11:11 AM
What have I started here! :(

WTB manastone 200k! :)

branamil
07-12-2017, 11:31 AM
Recycle server is not a sure thing. It's a volunteer staff working in their hobby. They don't owe anyone anything and they might decide its not worth it.

Triiz
07-12-2017, 02:17 PM
How does Schnick get away with trolling so many EC threads?

The only item that will quickly enough hit 300k is Holgresh Elder Beads,

Assuming this decade-away theory is correct, the exact same thing would happen to Beads, except the supply of beads would be even larger since any Elder can drop them, not one mob in one camp. By the time the servers merged, there would be a huge influx of beads, manastones, lockets, pendants and every other nerfed item that would be farmed to death.

and thats why i still hold 8x of those

Why buy beads for 150k when you can wait for recycle and farm them yourself, and since it will already be Velious on recycle server you wont even have to wait 2 years for the merge? Right? :rolleyes:

schnickusaurus
07-12-2017, 06:35 PM
Triiz its fair arguments. but the fact that i gambled my 8x beads from 25-30k to now 150-165k while selling stones at average 225k when its level has remained there really proves me right. Im not gonna brag how beads beat due to usefulness etc but really the price development sais it all.

The Manastone supply soon coming up will be extreme, a non-Lore item that farmers will make sure to stack up in 10s of them before they leave the camp to next farmer. You see, most of us did not even get a chance to farm/buy manastones cheap here on blue 1 since we joined the server too late. The recycle will be way different with a huge Manastone rally that will go to the history books . Ive never seen manastones at 30-50k. This can come true soon, i surely hope so :) we did already see this with beads, cuz it was not just perma farmed but people did not know its usefulness. Also people did not trust that the timeline would be followed ie half year beads droppable. Hence the 25k low on beads. Mark my words: this wont happen again with beads on recycle, cuz now people know and the timeline is technically ensured.

PS. I never said i would keep my beads for all future :p i have said however I will sell it once it hits 300k ish, i think? :) you could add Ravagers 'market act according to today and ignores known future timeline'-argument here since it would make it easier to sell beads blue1 high during the first 1year 8-9 months of recycle while buying cheap manastones 30-50k at recycle :p

Silvurwolf
07-12-2017, 07:45 PM
post evidence they announced the recycle server and that it will be on "strict" timeline. thought so.

They actually DID announce a discord server, though. crickets.

Also, a few years before the merge even looking optimistically. So you really think people are going to enter a hyper inflated market and settle for 50k for their manastone? only if you can brainwash/trick enough people i guess? you got a few years and its clear you've already got started lol.

Let me make this clear, a number of casual players could have 1mil to literally play around with by this time, you think all the players with a ton of money will not compete over the limited supply of stones entering the market (remember, strict timeline)? with a few hundred players sporting a ton of money i don't think anyone with a fresh manastone is dumb enough to sell it for 150k let alone 50k. 150k on merge won't get you a damn thing compared to what 150k will get you now.

I think you assume that 50k is a lot of money but its not, and it won't be to anyone who merges onto the server with a manastone either. The players entering the new market with the manastones have a clear advantage of selling for high because there is a ton of money out there - yes the price will dip a little bit for players wanting quick cash but it will correct and then go higher and higher.

Ravager
07-12-2017, 09:37 PM
The funny thing here Ravager is that your 'smartest' argument about markets acting according to what we have right here and now and ignore future timeline happenings that all know, like the Donald BP etc, can be used against you. You see, the first thing that will be rallied and hoarded on recycle, is of course Manastone ie my 50k buy is the very first thing coming up for me there lol :) since people know it will be removed yet they are okay with selling it to me for as low as 50k, just like the elder beads on blue1 :p

Robble, robble, robble. I'll outbid you if anyone is dumb enough to let it go so cheap. Good luck finding your mark, though.

schnickusaurus
07-13-2017, 03:18 AM
Silvurwolf, please read this:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274219&highlight=Nilbog&page=3

Note that there are other posts explaining the technical ensurance of strict timeline for recycle, but this should be enough. I usually win on my gambles, and i would gamble hard that they will merge not only since they said that at other occassions but mainly due to:
-people invested too much in p99 blue 1 and not merging is like a death/wipe then. I for one would quit p1999 all together if they say the new recycle will not merge, since then all i built up would be wasted and i dont like to play if all the people move to recycle which i count 95% will do except from perhaps some FoH / CSG / Rustle style raid guilds.
-everquest is nothing without the people (except from red server apparently) so a merge will always be called for

tommyola
07-14-2017, 08:22 AM
I now have 225k and maybe some trades, anyone?:)