PDA

View Full Version : Ring 9 turn in

Vilkata
07-12-2017, 05:26 AM
Been out of the loop for a bit. Is there an agreement on raid mobs now? If so, I was wondering if whoever has Dain next could let me know when the window is so I can have a chance at getting my 9th ring?

Sadiki
07-12-2017, 02:07 PM
Window starts at approximately 3PM PST today. Good luck!

Baler
07-12-2017, 02:09 PM
^ if time is correct, that's what's up.
Good luck :|

Shawl and Ring are always highly contested. /ran

Sadiki
07-12-2017, 03:13 PM
Vilk is talking about Dain/9th ring, so just has to do a simple turn-in for it.

Don't forget to turn in your dagger afterwards.

Pokesan
07-12-2017, 03:20 PM
i do not consent to changing the roll time

loramin
07-12-2017, 03:49 PM
^ if time is correct, that's what's up.
Good luck :|

Shawl and Ring are always highly contested. /ran

Shawl is highly contested? I just finished mine the other day and I can't think of a single part that was even slightly contested.

Maybe the spiders in Crystal Caverns (technically they're not even necessary for the shawl, but they really help with tailoring skill)? I think they were camped once or twice when I wanted to do them.

Baler
07-12-2017, 04:03 PM
Shawl is highly contested? I just finished mine the other day and I can't think of a single part that was even slightly contested.

Maybe the spiders in Crystal Caverns (technically they're not even necessary for the shawl, but they really help with tailoring skill)? I think they were camped once or twice when I wanted to do them.

It depends on who is farming it and when,. It can have bottle necks,. If people are going hard on it at the same time. That Mana Regen is controversy man.

loramin
07-12-2017, 04:16 PM
It depends on who is farming it and when,. It can have bottle necks,. If people are going hard on it at the same time. That Mana Regen is controversy man.

The mana regen is sweet, but I just don't see what parts could be bottle-necked, as there are no individual mobs needed for it:

Shawls 1 && 2 are from giants in GD. 3 is random critters in EW, 4 is ore and crystal silk (from numerous mobs in CC or Velk's), 5 is shard wurms in GD and spiders in Velk's, and 6 and 7 are bits from various (similarly common) mobs in places like Cobalt Scar or Siren's Grotto.

None of that seems bottle-neck-able to me. If someone else is killing giants or shardwurms in GD, you can still kill some yourself. If one spider area in Velk's is camped, there are spiders elsewhere. And so on. Plus even if something is bottle-necked (eg. three other shawl questers are farming all of the siren spots in CS) they're only there for a single drop, and as soon as they get it they'll leave and free up the camp.

Maybe when Velious was first released? I could see a ton of tradeskillers frothing at the mouth to do the quest when it first became available, and since they all started on the same step that could totally result in bottlenecks.