PDA

View Full Version : We need another "Monopolizing Scout in WW" thread

Mytral
07-12-2017, 02:13 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260166&highlight=scout

Different names, same old crap.

Seriously Velious has been out for nearly two years people.

Devs claiming "its not classic" is B.S. Classic didn't have autofire programs and 30ms pings.

A majority of the community has agreed to a more civilized roll, similar to 8th ring roll, but unless the whole community agrees to it, the /random 1000 is worthless.

Spyder73
07-12-2017, 02:17 PM
That's why you never bring p!ss to a sh!t fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBPhp5a3EnM

aaezil
07-12-2017, 02:20 PM
I have no idea what you are butthurt about - but i assure you it is hilarious that you are

Mytral
07-12-2017, 02:32 PM
I have no idea what you are butthurt about - but i assure you it is hilarious that you are

The real comedy is your disturbing fascination with people's butts

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2543735#post2543735

OP sounds butthurt. Show us on the doll where the video game hurt you.

Doctor Jeff
07-12-2017, 02:35 PM
The real comedy is your disturbing fascination with people's butts

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2543735#post2543735

Sounds like you are projecting, this is a very common phrase.

Erati
07-12-2017, 02:41 PM
whats the problem with Scout now? Are people successfully getting a turn in while others are not?

sounds like an exploit.

Daldaen
07-12-2017, 03:12 PM
On the Agnarr server there is an Agent of Change who offers a Western Wastes instance every 6.5 days.

Harla Dar, Klandicar, Sontalak, Guardian Kozzalym, and Scout Charissa spawn in the instance every time! Great way to acquire the Scout Charissa piece or the Harla Dar Talisman which has Improved Damage III Focus effect increasing direct damage spells by 0-20%!

Sadiki
07-12-2017, 03:45 PM
I was hoping to make a thread that was more positive before something like this came up. This is the current situation with scout.

A large group of people are attempting to force cooperation and force a random roll for turn-in rights. This has been successful several times recently.

http://i.imgur.com/XPlvPhH.jpg

Last night, AG, Europa, Infernus, Savage, Awakened, and anyone else I might have missed, all rolled on the turn-in. Scout popped up the hill, the winner didn't notice but no one touched her. He turned in, we all participated in the kill, and gave him the disc. It was nice, no one was rude, and no one had to feel excluded because they don't have a 5ms ping, some autofire program, or a guild of people online in the middle of the night. There was no cheating, no trade window spam, no rude click spamming, no burrower trains, and everyone had a fair shot, and no one had to petition stupid shit. It's a 18 year old social video game, it's how things should be. You can actually make friends in other guilds.

The issue with this is that because turn-in winner is GM enforced, one person not cooperating ruins it for everyone there, and everyone has to fight that person for turn-in rights. The dissenting people are most often using autofire programs and know they have a better chance of winning if they say no. That also leads to the people there who wanted to roll just teaming up with the turn-in winner or buying it from them, because there is too much confusion to coordinate a roll at that point, with people logging in late or potentially trying to win the click battle and then rolling anyways and being selfish.

As long as it is GM enforced that click spammers have quest rights, it creates this unhealthy atmosphere that everyone hates and trolls and plat farmers thrive on. All scout rolls recently have been awesome, but it's very difficult to get every single person there to participate.

Make the right call, GMs. You have control to change this toxicity on your server, and the players are actively trying to band together to stop it.

skarlorn
07-12-2017, 03:51 PM
inb4 "autofire isn't being used"

I am proud to say I took one look at Scout Charisa when Velious came out and decided to never touch that quest.

If you're paying these scumbags for quest MQs, consider this: The BoB or Lantern of Benevolence really won't make the difference in any fight. aka it ain't worth a dime, dawg.

PSA: ALL VELIOUS CONTENT WAS KILLED DAY 1 WITH KUNARK GEAR. ONLY YOU CAN STOP MQ!

Rang
07-12-2017, 07:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VRYrwCE.jpg

Alanus
07-12-2017, 07:55 PM
I was hoping to make a thread that was more positive before something like this came up. This is the current situation with scout.

A large group of people are attempting to force cooperation and force a random roll for turn-in rights. This has been successful several times recently.

http://i.imgur.com/XPlvPhH.jpg

Last night, AG, Europa, Infernus, Savage, Awakened, and anyone else I might have missed, all rolled on the turn-in. Scout popped up the hill, the winner didn't notice but no one touched her. He turned in, we all participated in the kill, and gave him the disc. It was nice, no one was rude, and no one had to feel excluded because they don't have a 5ms ping, some autofire program, or a guild of people online in the middle of the night. There was no cheating, no trade window spam, no rude click spamming, no burrower trains, and everyone had a fair shot, and no one had to petition stupid shit. It's a 18 year old social video game, it's how things should be. You can actually make friends in other guilds.

The issue with this is that because turn-in winner is GM enforced, one person not cooperating ruins it for everyone there, and everyone has to fight that person for turn-in rights. The dissenting people are most often using autofire programs and know they have a better chance of winning if they say no. That also leads to the people there who wanted to roll just teaming up with the turn-in winner or buying it from them, because there is too much confusion to coordinate a roll at that point, with people logging in late or potentially trying to win the click battle and then rolling anyways and being selfish.

As long as it is GM enforced that click spammers have quest rights, it creates this unhealthy atmosphere that everyone hates and trolls and plat farmers thrive on. All scout rolls recently have been awesome, but it's very difficult to get every single person there to participate.

Make the right call, GMs. You have control to change this toxicity on your server, and the players are actively trying to band together to stop it.

If it was a roll, I would actually be able to do the quest myself and help others with the quest. Too bad there's a few people who have to ruin it for others

Ravager
07-12-2017, 10:15 PM
PSA: ALL VELIOUS CONTENT WAS KILLED DAY 1 WITH KUNARK GEAR. ONLY YOU CAN STOP MQ!

Too true.

mickmoranis
07-12-2017, 10:18 PM
its so easyu to get immersed in such a realistic fantasy setting, where warriors and wizards wait in line to turn in quest items to NPC's every few hours. Its so realistic. So magical and immersive.

Lhancelot
07-12-2017, 10:57 PM
its so easyu to get immersed in such a realistic fantasy setting, where warriors and wizards wait in line to turn in quest items to NPC's every few hours. Its so realistic. So magical and immersive.

Pixel addiction is a MFer.

Mead
07-13-2017, 12:18 AM
four years later still trying to /rand 1000 for some bullshit pixels

reminds me of a mr. show skit mayostard mustardayonnaise mustmayostardayonnaise

quit being a two jar slave

mickmoranis
07-13-2017, 12:34 AM
SQUAGLES! theyre BAGLES that dont roll away when you drop them!

mickmoranis
07-13-2017, 12:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU14VqcPIDo

Mead
07-13-2017, 12:45 AM
Thread successfully derailed and salvaged

I could watch this shit all day long

Lhancelot
07-13-2017, 08:28 AM
I've successfully. Negotiated people rolling 5 times now, one of them this dude logged in late, we asked him to roll and he got a 1000. Gears him.

When <savage> is there it's a click fest vs the autofire macro's though.

Who is <Savage> I seen this tag more and more lately.

maskedmelonpai
07-13-2017, 08:38 AM

you make lotta good posts. this a good post.

Alanus
07-13-2017, 10:39 AM
I've successfully. Negotiated people rolling 5 times now, one of them this dude logged in late, we asked him to roll and he got a 1000. Gears him.

So if I showed up, with no support, I would be able to roll? I'd be willing to help even when I lose the roll, too

Maliant
07-13-2017, 10:51 AM
We had this for a bit, everyone who rolled helped out the person who won. Had an entire group of Rustle help out a lone AGer who won the roll to get his bracer. We vice-versa did the same for a Rustle member who won the next roll. It Really brought a tear to me eye to see this moment of solidarity on the server. Of course it wouldn't be P99 if this moment wasn't savagely ripped from us.

Alanus
07-13-2017, 10:52 AM
Interesting. I will have to bind out in WW to roll/help.

That is a pretty cool idea.

Sadiki
07-13-2017, 12:13 PM
There are still rolls going on. If you roll, stay to help out, and people will do the same for you.

It won't always be a roll, because not everyone agrees. Shame them. Shaaaame them.

skarlorn
07-13-2017, 12:48 PM
you make lotta good posts. this a good post.

i agree, this was a particularly strong post for our old friend here.

Also i support the ring roll. I do not participate in this quest for obvious reasons, but when I used to do Ragefire I found it to be a fun time if I could befriend my fellow Pearl Questers and convince them to work together when Rage popped. I made some new friends this way and the horrible poopsock experience turned into "Chatroom in Dragon Lair". I feel that it would probably be a similar experience of healthy, intra-guild bonding if people could do this with Scout Charisa.

Too bad I am not the person who needs convincing :/

Mytral
07-15-2017, 10:53 AM
Poetic Justice

[Fri Jul 14 14:43:04 2017] Scout Charisa says 'Great,Diamondarrow! I was wondering when they would send someone out to give me these. In my haste and excitement of this new assignment I forgot these. This scout business is great I must say. It sure beats setting in Southern Ro studying the ruins. I've been following these Storm Giants for days. They've been wandering up and down the coast looking for something.'

[Fri Jul 14 14:43:04 2017] Scout Charisa says 'Great,Saaden! I was wondering when they would send someone out to give me these. In my haste and excitement of this new assignment I forgot these. This scout business is great I must say. It sure beats setting in Southern Ro studying the ruins. I've been following these Storm Giants for days. They've been wandering up and down the coast looking for something.'

[Fri Jul 14 14:45:14 2017] <[SERVER MESSAGE]>: Server shut down initiated. Please find a safe place to camp. Server will shut down in 15 minutes.

Calamitous Oeuvre
07-15-2017, 12:44 PM
I am confused. How is that poetics justice Mytral if both Diamondarrow and Saaden turned in right before a server shutdown?

Just facts
07-15-2017, 01:34 PM
I am confused. How is that poetics justice Mytral if both Diamondarrow and Saaden turned in right before a server shutdown?

it takes a while to kill the target so it most likely dispawned on them.

Cecily
07-16-2017, 09:11 AM
May I introduce Diamondarrow, Officer of Awakened.

Bummey
07-16-2017, 01:34 PM
May I introduce Diamondarrow, Officer of Awakened.

I said the f word in Diamondarrow's general direction and he got really upset. You'd think being a big dick officer of the big dick guild wouldn't make one quite so insecure.

Shame if diamondarrow was being a spamfug. Went out of my way to let him know scout timer and rolling etc.

Yeah.... Don't do that. Diamondarrow is one of the few people who consistently sets flame to the rolling agreement.

Llaile
07-16-2017, 01:54 PM
Maybe if you guys actually figured out how to do the scout turn in you could stop crying and accusing everybody of cheating <3

Convict
07-16-2017, 02:15 PM
Maybe if you guys actually figured out how to do the scout turn in you could stop crying and accusing everybody of cheating <3

lol theres no big secret to it most people know how to do it. I've been to probably a dozen scout spawns, I know all the tricks, and I have like 40ms and I have still not won the turn in once because its the same dudes getting the turn in so fast its clear they are using autofire or some type of script. It's no coincidence those are the same guys who refuse to roll prior to the spawn knowing they will probably with the turn in with autofire

Llaile
07-16-2017, 02:18 PM
Thanks for proving my point.

MilanderTruewield
07-16-2017, 03:30 PM
Doesn't matter if people "know how to do the turnin" or not. There is obviously a large amount of people who want to get this done, and going by this thread there is a rather overwhelming interest in solidarity and teamwork by upholding the roll. Except for the <Savage> people who come in and give zero fucks about solidarity and camaraderie...

Must be nice to ostracize yourself on a multiplayer game that requires teamwork to accomplish goals.

Lobus
07-16-2017, 03:37 PM
Doesn't matter if people "know how to do the turnin" or not. There is obviously a large amount of people who want to get this done, and going by this thread there is a rather overwhelming interest in solidarity and teamwork by upholding the roll. Except for the <Savage> people who come in and give zero fucks about solidarity and camaraderie...

Must be nice to ostracize yourself on a multiplayer game that requires teamwork to accomplish goals.

Sounds like all the non-cuck guilds and free peoples of this server should band together and lay down some old fashioned vigilante justice on those who are hellbent on being sociopaths on a 17 year old elf-sim.

Wonder if the GMs would rather ban 80% of the IPs and Characters on this server and give the cucks the playland they've dreamed of so much or if the rest of us will finally be able to grief the neckbeards off the server.

Sadiki
07-16-2017, 04:01 PM
Most people are oblivious to how to do scout, but it's not skill based. It's comical to hear that when at least one of the people claiming it is participates in spawn blocking.

When I moved cross country, I lost my ping advantage. This makes it super difficult to beat anyone near the servers. I still managed to win quite a few against the people with high win rates, but it's not that common to be able to beat a low ping even if they aren't macroing. And really, why do players have this be this stupidly obsessive just to get a fair shot at scout? Ya'll are delirious.

People at successful rolls are helpful and no one gets angry, yet it seems like we're going to allow every person with low ping or an autofire program to continue to pit everyone against each other in true P99 fashion.

#supportrolls

NachtMystium
07-16-2017, 05:44 PM
I said the f word in Diamondarrow's general direction and he got really upset. You'd think being a big dick officer of the big dick guild wouldn't make one quite so insecure.

It's actually quite the opposite, they usually end up being hyper sensitive if you don't address them like some sort of pseudo god

Bummey
07-16-2017, 07:42 PM
It's actually quite the opposite, they usually end up being hyper sensitive if you don't address them like some sort of pseudo god

YOU DON'T SAY?!

Calamitous Oeuvre
07-18-2017, 04:42 PM
I actually know that the mob doesn't take that long to kill and doesn't take much more then a few dps, tank, and cleric to down it in Charissa's window. you know what would have been fantastic, to have Saaden be a bit faster on the click (you slow-poke), beat Diamondarrow, and have him ported back to CS to run and get another set of tools and come back while the mob was killed by the others there. He'd then be ready to turn in again on reset. It's easily a 10 minute run to Charissa if you have a port.

Calamitous Oeuvre
07-18-2017, 04:46 PM
Hmm if it's clear they are using a script or autofire convict why not report them? Perhaps it's because they aren't cheating and you're just sore?

Lobus
07-18-2017, 05:05 PM
Hmm if it's clear they are using a script or autofire convict why not report them? Perhaps it's because they aren't cheating and you're just sore?

my understanding is that those types of cheats are undetectable by the devs and as such aren't condoned or allowed but can't by petitioned either. So name and shame layered with some vigilantism is the path we take.

also OSU sucks... not even the best team in the state

Lojik
07-18-2017, 05:16 PM
lol theres no big secret to it most people know how to do it. I've been to probably a dozen scout spawns, I know all the tricks, and I have like 40ms and I have still not won the turn in once because its the same dudes getting the turn in so fast its clear they are using autofire or some type of script. It's no coincidence those are the same guys who refuse to roll prior to the spawn knowing they will probably with the turn in with autofire

A dozen scouts is not a lot. I've won at least twice that number of turn ins without scripts,macros, or autofire.
Probably attempted between 50-100 turn ins. Same ms as you roughly. I can get to a click rate of about 11/second but can only keep it above 9/sec for max of 5 seconds probably, so knowing the exact timer is crucial.

Vallanor
07-18-2017, 05:39 PM
What does actually progressing your character do at that point? Velious was beatable with kunark gear.

Not much. Not much at all.

Mytral
07-30-2017, 04:59 PM
[Sun Jul 30 07:41:24 2017] Saaden says, 'I'm not rolling'
[Sun Jul 30 07:43:30 2017] Scout Charisa says 'Great,Saaden!

Curious that there can be courteous and cooperative rolls for weeks on end, then Llaile, Saaden, Offdaheezy and Schfiftyfiver and the likes dramatically change things when they show up. Even more curious is those people who refuse to roll win the clickfest at an exceptionally high rate. Obviously they know they have an unfair advantage and use that in their favor.

An overwhelming population on this server support and enforce the roll. Why can't GM's do the same?

Wait I know.....

Sadiki
07-30-2017, 05:10 PM
Challenge a GM to a duel in Rivervale and force him to change the rules if you win.

Naethyn
07-30-2017, 05:16 PM
Autofire isn't the biggest problem here. The real cheaters delete files in the eq directory to remove the loading of certain models to speed up the time the quest box becomes available.

This needs to be a roll.

Alanus
07-30-2017, 05:23 PM
Roll folks could always band together and spam click in, and if any of them win, they kill Captain for the winner. I'd be up for that, but no way I can kill Captain without help

Uuruk
07-30-2017, 05:48 PM
Autofire isn't the biggest problem here. The real cheaters delete files in the eq directory to remove the loading of certain models to speed up the time the quest box becomes available.

This needs to be a roll.
got proof?

MilanderTruewield
07-30-2017, 06:15 PM
Server should band together and slaughter the Captains spawned by the non-conformists.

But on a serious note, typically when threatened with Saaden's presence or those of his lackeys or Schfifty(sp?), we all participate in the clickfest, but if we win the person who won /random gets the turn-in. It's bullshit though when the open /random should cover everyone. Clickfest is AIDS, and it's perpetuated by greedy fucks.

Velious has been out how long? Two years? And people still won't be civil about this?

Mytral
07-30-2017, 06:46 PM
[Sat Jul 29 21:43:27 2017] Scout Charisa says 'Great,Schfiftyfiver!

[Sun Jul 30 17:43:34 2017] Scout Charisa says 'Great,Schfiftyfiver!

So 1 person wins every single time they are present, and we are suppose to think that person is somehow that much more talented at clicking than the rest of the server combined?

Come on GM's, pay fucking attention to your server.

Llaile
07-30-2017, 06:47 PM
You guys don't even bother to learn how to do it properly. Just because you don't want to put any effort into learning a thing and want to /roll instead doesn't mean the people who actually know what they're doing are cheaters by default.

Mytral
07-30-2017, 07:04 PM
Yep that's exactly it. You figured it out. The entire server is just lazy, and you select few are the only talented, skilled, hard working bunch among us.

It's not a level playing field and you know it. That's why you refuse to roll. Why should you hand over your advantage, whether it be an unfair advantage or not.

Sirken once said during a pod cast, "I think its crazy how you guys do Scout."

It's not how the server does scout, its how a select few individuals do scout that make it a shit show that it is.

Llaile
07-30-2017, 07:06 PM
But my high ping means I don't see raid mobs pop as soon as other players so I'm at an unfair disadvantage there. We should just roll for those too. Or better yet we should just have BiS when we create a character.

Mytral
07-30-2017, 07:23 PM
Yea, because we are allowed to camp on raid mob spawns.

You Sir, are an idiot.

Uuruk
07-30-2017, 07:35 PM
Sounds like you are mad you lost at a 18 year old game.

Mytral
07-30-2017, 07:43 PM
Actually the exact opposite. My ranger has two bracers and my cleric has talisman. I've also helped quite a few other people (in guild and out) win broken disks. Some of them buy rolling, some of them winning the clickfest.

Just recently I won the clickfest but honored the /random 1000 that occurred just prior. It wasn't even a guild member. Not only did I help with the kill, I camped and locked the corpse while that person could switch toons to loot.

You know why? Because it is the decent thing to do on an 18 year old game.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "losing". It's about calling BS when you see it.

And it's thick in WW. At least when the named players show up.

Pokesan
07-30-2017, 07:43 PM
But my high ping means I don't see raid mobs pop as soon as other players so I'm at an unfair disadvantage there. We should just roll for those too. Or better yet we should just have BiS when we create a character.

nominating for worst post of the year

Alanus
07-30-2017, 07:55 PM
I like the idea of people rolling, everyone helps kill it, and the winner of the roll loots up. It promotes unity and all that hippie crap.

The only reason to be against it is if you have an unfair advantage on the clicking, and since the same people win it over and over, it's obviously being done for plat

Triiz
07-30-2017, 08:01 PM
Actually the exact opposite. My ranger has two bracers and my cleric has talisman.

Serious question, then why are you still competing for it? It sounds like it's such a shit show because people that don't need it show up every spawn.

Personally, I'll wait till Velious has been out another few years before I try it. False hope makes me think people that don't need it and people that have won 20+ turn in (wtf?) will get bored by then, but I'm sure they wont.

Mytral
07-30-2017, 08:16 PM
Serious question, then why are you still competing for it? It sounds like it's such a shit show because people that don't need it show up every spawn.

Personally, I'll wait till Velious has been out another few years before I try it. False hope makes me think people that don't need it and people that have won 20+ turn in (wtf?) will get bored by then, but I'm sure they wont.

Good question! I've actually asked myself that same thing! I got my first bracer when Velious was about 6 months old. It was such a shit show, I said I would just walk away and check back much much later. Fast forward to a two year old Velious, and things were much more tame (with exceptions). Rumor of civility and comradeship were abundant. I went back hoping for a different scene, and for the most part it was. People talked with one another, people helped one another. It was amazing! So I decided to settle in and try for a second bracer and hopefully a talisman.

After getting those last two disks, it seemed rude just to bail on others who needed it. I could use it on my shaman, but since I dont raid on that toon its not nearly as desired as the other two toons. I thought it prudent to help those who had helped me, and since I had timers down and had learned some of the "secrets" it made sense to continue on, just not as vigorously as before.

/shrug

Fingurs
07-30-2017, 08:44 PM
Good question! I've actually asked myself that same thing! I got my first bracer when Velious was about 6 months old. It was such a shit show, I said I would just walk away and check back much much later. Fast forward to a two year old Velious, and things were much more tame (with exceptions). Rumor of civility and comradeship were abundant. I went back hoping for a different scene, and for the most part it was. People talked with one another, people helped one another. It was amazing! So I decided to settle in and try for a second bracer and hopefully a talisman.

After getting those last two disks, it seemed rude just to bail on others who needed it. I could use it on my shaman, but since I dont raid on that toon its not nearly as desired as the other two toons. I thought it prudent to help those who had helped me, and since I had timers down and had learned some of the "secrets" it made sense to continue on, just not as vigorously as before.

/shrug

I hope they never change it so you are still salty months from now.

Get good noob.

Fingurs
07-30-2017, 08:46 PM

Feel free to prove that claim. Oh wait, just another wild accusation because you lost :)

It took us like 30+ days of losing to Schifty before we figured it out.

Get good noob.

Kesselring
07-30-2017, 08:55 PM
Why not blame the people that pay for the gear loot? You can play this game two ways, one way is to let everyone else do everything for you, the other way is to enjoy the game at a pace you can set.

Mytral
07-30-2017, 08:58 PM
I hope they never change it so you are still salty months from now.

Get good noob.

You mistake salt for piss and shit good sir.

MilanderTruewield
07-30-2017, 09:01 PM
From what I can tell, no one that /randoms is selling loot rights. Those people are randoming either for the char that they are on or for an alt they have camped there.

Alanus
07-30-2017, 09:11 PM
Why not blame the people that pay for the gear loot? You can play this game two ways, one way is to let everyone else do everything for you, the other way is to enjoy the game at a pace you can set.

There's no other way to get it with the click spam clusterfuck going on

ELI5
07-30-2017, 09:12 PM
If you want to roll on stuff, Win the click. If you want to roll on things, kill the dragon. Kill the giant. Kill the turtle. WIN THE GAME!

If you can't, then go grind platinum until you can buy the stuff. You have options on 95% of what's out there. This is not any different. Stop demanding handouts from people who worked hard to do what they're doing. Some misguided brand of social justice in Everquest that only benefits you. Demonizing people because they're better than you at a game makes you look small. You're acting like you're entitled to this stuff. You aren't. Earn it like everyone else does.

Mytral
07-30-2017, 09:24 PM

This needs to be a roll.

but but but..... if only we could "get good"

Llaile
07-30-2017, 10:06 PM
but but but..... if only we could "get good"

Don't worry, you can do anything you put your mind to.

Triiz
07-30-2017, 10:10 PM
It took us like 30+ days of losing to Schifty before we figured it out.

Jesus christ this is a sad thread.

Kaedain
07-30-2017, 10:12 PM
So long as there's people willing to pay 20-40k for the rights it'll remain

Bummey
07-31-2017, 01:36 PM
You don't often see guilds jump to an A/A/R-level of villainy so quickly. Bravo, Savage.

stront
07-31-2017, 02:30 PM
Llaile posting about being a good player is hilarious as he's not even the guy in savage that does the turn ins. Coat-tails!

Maliant
07-31-2017, 04:01 PM
The last guy I remember that said to "git gud" at scout was a guy named Taborlin who along with Scrubbly and a few other friends got banned for RMT. They used to monopolize and sell many MQ's as well and Taborlin swore that he didn't use any 3rd party software, though he also said he didn't RMT. There could be no impetus to wake up every 10 hours and not miss a scout MQ sale other than receiving some sort of monetary compensation. The GM's understand this, and they are paying attention.

Lobus
07-31-2017, 04:09 PM
There are literally 3-5 new posts daily on the site that will not be named with people RMT'ing plat, chars, and items. EQ twitch chats have also started being a big RMT hotspot where agnaar folks are trying to unload their p99 wares...

I don't know how many times it has to be said but the people here who treat p99 like a job are doing it because IT IS THEIR JOB... or autism

Cecily
07-31-2017, 04:18 PM
From what I can tell, no one that /randoms is selling loot rights. Those people are randoming either for the char that they are on or for an alt they have camped there.

I'm gonna take a guess here and ask is it because a very small minority, 2 years later, are still bottlenecking the quest from everyone else?

MilanderTruewield
07-31-2017, 04:29 PM
Llaile posting about being a good player is hilarious as he's not even the guy in savage that does the turn ins. Coat-tails!

Actually, he has been there several times and contributed the clickfest-AIDS.

mcoy
07-31-2017, 04:41 PM
This should be easy enough to solve. What's Cazic's knockback/snare effect called? Make it a pbae that goes off when the mob spawns. Then it's a snail's race back for the turn in. Adjust radius of effect as required (no idea where the spawn is, but WW should be empty/large enough to accommodate.

-Mcoy

ridiculousmoose
07-31-2017, 06:37 PM
This should be easy enough to solve. What's Cazic's knockback/snare effect called? Make it a pbae that goes off when the mob spawns. Then it's a snail's race back for the turn in. Adjust radius of effect as required (no idea where the spawn is, but WW should be empty/large enough to accommodate.

-Mcoy

lol oh god i love this... brilliant!

Lobus
07-31-2017, 06:48 PM

-Mcoy

lol... if only that would make people act like decent humans...

we all know this would just end up with people binding at the spawn and gate ducking from outside the range of the knockback/snare

Lowako
07-31-2017, 07:44 PM
lol... if only that would make people act like decent humans...

we all know this would just end up with people binding at the spawn and gate ducking from outside the range of the knockback/snare

gate ducking is too slow, you either TL box or gate pot.

ErlickBachman
08-01-2017, 12:44 AM
Jesus christ this is a sad thread.

Extremely sad. Its all salty from OP's tears n'shit. I hope he's alright.

cornisthebest
08-01-2017, 02:52 AM
hey cecily i member u made me haze panther tunic on your first try that one day, thx a lot bae

stront
08-01-2017, 11:42 AM
Actually, he has been there several times and contributed the clickfest-AIDS.

You're probably right about him trying. He's just a cheerleader though.

Legidias
08-01-2017, 01:48 PM
Make charisa FTT from SG zoneline 2017 campaign

ELI5
08-02-2017, 01:44 PM
What kind of game do you guys think this is? Is it a game where everyone who puts forth the required effort is rewarded? Is it a game where everyone that participates is rewarded? Or is it a game where everyone that shows up is rewarded?

I find that the only people who are complaining about this spawn being won by certain people routinely also happen to be some of the most vile, vulgar, inconsolable people I've experienced on this server.

Maybe you folks could try improving your attitudes instead of lashing out like spoiled children when you don't get what you want.

Ssouky
08-03-2017, 03:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/iWSMPoy.png

Swish
08-03-2017, 07:53 AM
There are literally 3-5 new posts daily on the site that will not be named with people RMT'ing plat, chars, and items. EQ twitch chats have also started being a big RMT hotspot where agnaar folks are trying to unload their p99 wares...

I don't know how many times it has to be said but the people here who treat p99 like a job are doing it because IT IS THEIR JOB... or autism

I for one hope they're caught and banned.

Lhancelot
08-03-2017, 06:04 PM
Yeah I will say I have been personally amused by all the former fake FoH people logging in and saying things like "Ah the EC tunnel! Been so long!" and things of that nature. Noticed quite a bit of that these past few weeks.

Flowers of Happiness? Or Fires of Heaven? And, what gain do they get if they say how long its been since being in EC? Just trying to understand better.

Rabitz
08-09-2017, 08:34 PM
ELI5 preaching about server reputation while hiding behind a throwaway account. Quality second post dog. To answer your questions...

Is it a game where everyone who puts forth the required effort is rewarded?

Only one person wins a roll.

Is it a game where everyone that participates is rewarded?

Or is it a game where everyone that shows up is rewarded?

A /random for turn in rights is different from instanced zones for everyone with a pair of dice. Props for rhetorical questions that invoke powerful sentiments unrelated to anything that's actually happening though.

Ssouky hit it best tho, 10/10- would ForumQuest again.

mcoy
08-09-2017, 11:35 PM
So, I've been paying for my live account since 1999. That means I can log in to agnarr and trade all my group xp potions for gameplay tokens and win the game right?

NO THANKS.

-Mcoy

Trungep99
08-12-2017, 05:34 PM
2 years of velius and still socking scout, why doesn't everyone have better loot from tov by now?

Culkasi
08-13-2017, 04:40 AM
2 years of velius and still socking scout, why doesn't everyone have better loot from tov by now?

Because there are two guilds that are not interested in sharing (apart from with each other of course)

Savok
08-16-2017, 05:49 PM

You know it also your guild who turn up to roll on quest right?

trite
08-16-2017, 06:30 PM
this quest should be removed from the game, it's too easy versus the reward, one of the worst designed quests in the game and causes nothing but problems.....spam clicking is dumb, it encourages cheating. Rolling is dumb, have to roll against 20 people, half of whom wouldn't have the ability to kill it if everyone else didn't hang around and finish the quest for them in 30 seconds.....worst quest ever

trite
08-16-2017, 06:50 PM

neckbeards do this quest 10 times for their alts, with a fixed number of rewards per year not that many unique people have completed scout quest

Rabitz
08-17-2017, 01:52 PM
neckbeards do this quest 10 times for their alts

Last night, Llaithe <SAVAGE> did the turn in himself to bank a set of bracers for "corpse runs"...presumably because he could not find a buyer.

It saddens me to see he's not even doing it for plat at this point, but actually relishes in preventing others from advancing.

Reminder that if you buy loot rights you are part of the problem.

This server is old and memories run long.

Take care of each other.

<3

Fingurs
08-17-2017, 06:11 PM
Last night, Llaithe <SAVAGE> did the turn in himself to bank a set of bracers for "corpse runs"...presumably because he could not find a buyer.

It saddens me to see he's not even doing it for plat at this point, but actually relishes in preventing others from advancing.

Reminder that if you buy loot rights you are part of the problem.

This server is old and memories run long.

Take care of each other.

<3

I suppose you are protest A/A over their farming of raid mobs for their 6th alts too?

..... Didnt think so.

Go Llaile!

Rabitz
08-17-2017, 08:09 PM
I suppose you are protest A/A over their farming of raid mobs for their 6th alts too?

..... Didnt think so.

Go Llaile!

I see your point and appreciate the discourse, but in my eyes they are different beasts. Kromzek Captain is not a raid mob. I would guess that if Scout Charisa was "won" by FTE, it would bring some useful competition to the scene. But that's beside the point.

When A/A downs raid targets and loot goes to an alt, it's still going to THEIR alt. That's a huge distinction in my eyes, and worlds apart from selling the loot rights or worse yet, having it rot in a bank to merely spite other players. You may disagree- this is just my opinion.

The fact that there are so many allegations and suspicions of cheating doesn't help paint this as a "may the best man win" scenario either. When <SAVAGE> shows up to Scout pop, they sit in the back and watch as Llaile makes the turn in. If there was even a chance someone else could win, wouldn't you expect everyone with a set of tools to attempt the turn in? I sure would.

What would really put this whole issue to rest would be a live stream of the turn in on Llaile's part, but I know he is under no obligation to do so, and don't expect it. So we are left to lamentations and conjectures in this thread.

Still have keeping my Short Beer handy to award to the next non-Savage Scout winner...I'm rootin' for ya!

<3

P.S. Sorry for spelling Llaile's name incorrectly in previous posts.

jejukin
08-18-2017, 07:11 PM
Technical knockout

Not really. There's not a near consensus on the server to adopt an equitable roll for the raid mob comparison they were trying to make there. It's not similar.

On the other hand, with Scout, tons of people have come together in a cooperative and mature way, to fairly and honestly for make content work for everyone... and now this guy/gal shows up, and it's a mess again; apparently just because he/she wants to troll.

If it's a TKO, it's to the server. It could support its vast majority of cooperative and equitable players, but instead it allows a truly tiny number of the worst to prove that everyone has to play his/her way or not at all... while letting those same disruptive players capitalize on behavior that is disruptive to the whole community.

jejukin
08-18-2017, 07:16 PM
Here's a question for everyone else, those who want the roll to work - if this has to be player enforced, is there an enforcement mechanism that won't violate server rules?

For example, can we adopt broadly agreed upon sanctions among the top guilds (who as far as I can tell were all on board) against the players who disregard the roll (do not group, do not buy from/ sell to) or even against guilds who refuse to drop said players and/or help them with the encounter after their ill-gotten turn in? Or would such political agreements amongst players and guilds violate a server rule?

Rabitz
08-18-2017, 07:18 PM
Not really. There's not a near consensus on the server to adopt an equitable roll for the raid mob comparison they were trying to make there. It's not similar.

On the other hand, with Scout, tons of people have come together in a cooperative and mature way, to fairly and honestly for make content work for everyone... and now this guy/gal shows up, and it's a mess again; apparently just because he/she wants to troll.

If it's a TKO, it's to the server. It could support its vast majority of cooperative and equitable players, but instead it allows a truly tiny number of the worst to prove that everyone has to play his/her way or not at all... while letting those same disruptive players capitalize on behavior that is disruptive to the whole community.

I think JayDee was being sarcastic, but I could be wrong.

Pokesan
08-18-2017, 07:53 PM
scout lawmaking is a great argument for the red server

ELI5
08-19-2017, 11:49 AM

An obvious observation, however this has no bearing on what is fair and what isn't regarding how to distribute loot. The kind of diplomacy you're suggesting goes on practically nowhere else in the game beyond casual grouping, save the plane of sky, which hardly anyone gives a shit about. If there was good loot there, it would be the same as everything else. The only reason you people want to turn it into a roll is because you can't win. It's that simple. It's self-serving and you don't care at all about the work that people put in to become great at winning the turn in. You just want your pixels.

Too bad. Buy them.

Maybe if people hadn't been ragey, inconsolable pricks about it, there could have been some kind of compromise. The people who win the turn in are fine people and you all trashed them for it. You deserve nothing.

A /random for turn in rights is different from instanced zones for everyone with a pair of dice. Props for rhetorical questions that invoke powerful sentiments unrelated to anything that's actually happening though.

Asinine and sarcastic comments on my post is exactly what I'd expect from people like you. This is the real reason why we can't get anything done diplomatically on this server.

zachg300
08-20-2017, 03:22 PM
everyone just be cool and do the roll like the 8th ring, it was alot nicer going out there and having an actual chance at the scout. YAY FOR THE ROLL!

Ikon
08-21-2017, 05:50 AM
Here's a question for everyone else, those who want the roll to work - if this has to be player enforced, is there an enforcement mechanism that won't violate server rules?

For example, can we adopt broadly agreed upon sanctions among the top guilds (who as far as I can tell were all on board) against the players who disregard the roll (do not group, do not buy from/ sell to) or even against guilds who refuse to drop said players and/or help them with the encounter after their ill-gotten turn in? Or would such political agreements amongst players and guilds violate a server rule?
Having CLASSIC server rules on a CLASSIC server would be a good idea. Ridiculous that his is still going on and has been for years.

The CLASSIC PnP meant you could not monopolize a spawn, its the only reason there were lists in classic. If the PNP hadn't existed (as I've proved it did) the servers would have been as toxic as this is when it comes to rare spawns.

A few ignorant people will argue that "PnP was never enforced" or "I played for 55 hundred years and don't remember PNP", it was, your memory sucks, theres a threadnaught in bugs which I started suggesting that there was Lazy Aggro in Kunark and Velious, its a threadnaught because it was filled with people with vested interests trying to lie, pretend, or ignorantly claiming LA didn't exist, it did and while it took 3 or more years to convince people it was added.

PNP is the same, it was an essential part of the classic experience.

Naethyn
08-21-2017, 08:52 AM

CSR has said multiple times that if the server can come together on an agreement they would enforce it.

Rabitz
08-21-2017, 04:31 PM
CSR has said multiple times that if the server can come together on an agreement they would enforce it.

Seems like the entire server is for the roll minus the 5-10 remaining members of <SAVAGE>. I wonder if this would be enough to be seen as the server "coming together".

To be fair, it did really feel like the server was coming together when we all showed up, had our fair shot at a winning roll, quickly dispatched the Kromzek Captain, and congratulated each other on getting some nice items. The fact that it was never promised but players acted honorably and allowed the roll to persist was really heart warming.

shuklak
08-21-2017, 04:49 PM
If the whole server is driven by "classic" ideology then out only makes sense to have some pnp in effect. Were lines respected by gms back in the day? I can't recall but i do know there was an enforced pnp.

Ikon
08-21-2017, 07:28 PM
If the whole server is driven by "classic" ideology then out only makes sense to have some pnp in effect. Were lines respected by gms back in the day? I can't recall but i do know there was an enforced pnp.

Yeah lists were enforced by GMs / Guides. The idea of lists were developed by players because involving guides / GMs ended up in arguing players both losing out. If two players were disagreeing buy one was being unreasonable the latter lost out.

The official line basically went "sort it out or accept our decision which you both probably won't like" and "no mob / camp can be monopolized, if you're arguing over a spawn then we'll force you to take turns at PH".

Also it was prohibited to kill and get an item , corpse it and keep camping if someone was waiting. You could not give a camp to your friend / alt if someone was waiting.

Ikon
08-21-2017, 08:31 PM
Heres the evidence:
blic
Gordon Wrinn - Executive Producer of EQ / Public Relations

Date : 10/03/2000

Topic : Play Nice, Or...

This came of the official EverQuest message boards.
Kill Stealing Policy :

Kill Stealing is now officially defined as Killing an NPC or Mob for any reason, that is already attacking another player. Any player that is caught intentionally kill stealing by a guide or GM may now be warned. These warnings when accumulated, can lead to the player being suspended or banned from EverQuest by a GM.

Play Nice Policy :

Spawns in the game can no longer be claimed or controlled by a single player or group. Whether it is a single or multiple spawn, for an item or for XP, low or high level, all groups wishing to camp a spawn must work out some type of rotation or means to share the spawn.

This information somehow got leaked before we were ready to comment on it, hence it showing up on the boards before we had a chance to talk to you about it.
I'll have a new Producer's Letter up early next week to address the new rules, how they are going to be enforced, and the spirit behind the letter.

- Gordon

The Play Nice Policies were created because a growing number of customers were being subordinated by other, more powerful, groups of players. These other groups would claim "ownership" of spawns, loot drops, and even entire zones, refusing to allow other people a chance to experience them. On some servers, guilds had certain areas camped 24x7.

The play nice policies, in regards to spawns and camping, are designed to promote equal access to the areas. If a group can get into a room, they have as much right to be there as anyone else. Are the policies perfect? No, of course what is? No matter what policy we adopt, there will be people who are helped by the policy, and others that are hurt. Sometimes the policy may help them in one instance and hurt in another.

As I've mentioned in the past, if anyone has any ideas for policies that are easy to understand, are enforcable, do not require a larger CS team than before or after the Play nice policies, and will please everyone, I'd be happy to discuss them. - Gordon

I probably should pay more attention to these but I can't remember if this was addressed specificly.
Let me explain I waited 2 hours for the acient croc spawn in Guk and when I finally got it a level 51 druid came along and claimed that it was his spawn and I could leave or stay but would not get to kill it. I took this to being kill stealing and I petitioned as such. The GM Axgoreth came and basicly said that I had to share the spawn. Which was fine but that clearly wasn't what the other druid had in mind. Did I miss something in the rules that states if you're level 51 you can just claim any spawn at any time no matter who was camping it?

Sep 26, 2000 05:11:46 P.M.
New Message RE:Play Nice Rules (modified 0 times) Arjaizen
Yes, you have to "share" the spawn. But if you were waiting 2 hours for the spawn, and the lvl 51 just walked up as it was happening and took it, he was kill stealing, and should have been charged with doing so by the GM. If, however the croc had spawned a number of times, and you had already killed it looking for a certain item (which you didn't get,) then the druid had every right to the kill. You don't get rights to a certain spawn over and over until you get a particular rare drop, you just get the right to a shot at it when your turn comes around. So it all depends on which scenario described above comes closest to reality. If it's the former, the GM screwed you. If the latter, it was the right decision.
-Arjaizen

Sep 27, 2000 10:13:15 A.M.
New Message RE:Play Nice Rules (modified 0 times) Monnet
I understand what you are saying and sharing the spawn was what the GM stated and I was certainly willing to do that. However the druid in question stated everything the GM wanted to hear when he was there and proceded to tell me that I wouldn't even get a chance to kill one. And sence he could kill it in one shot there was little doubt that he was right. The GM was petitioned a couple times but refused to do anything but tell me I have to share the spawn. He refused to even listen to what was going on nor did he want to see screenshots of the situation. Following your theory sence we both wanted the same thing I should have had the oppertunity to take the next one after he killed one (hense shareing) but while we were waiting for the GM there were 3 spawns, I got to take none.
I'm going to quit griping now.
https://web.archive.org/web/20010112051600/http://www.maximumeq.com/forum/UltraBoard.cgi?Action=ShowPost&Board=general&Post=578&Idle=30&Sort=0&Order=Descend&Page=2&Session=

An EQ Guide that went a bit nuts:
Play nice policies. My personal feelings aside (lay off the wacky weed, Verant), I get to enforce it. Do you know how much I hate you at the end of a long shift? What kind of asshole thinks the king room in Lower Guk can be shared by TWO GROUPS OF 12? Conversely, what kind of screaming cocksucker thinks it’s okay to camp the king room for 36 hours? I think you both suck. The only people lamer than you are the ones that PNP over derv camps in North Ro and then act surprised when I send one group to the DESERTED derv camp a 30 second walk away.
https://eatingbees.wordpress.com/the-wayback-machine/try-being-a-guide-you/

Why the devs are refusing to implement this policy is very very strange. The current one they have is extremely complex, frustrating and frankly stupid (racing, FTE etc)

IN regards to Scout, with the PnP you could not turn up repeatedly to a spawn, unless it was not camped and clickie your way into getting the item over and over again. As the PNP stated you had to share, meaning lists, rotation and it was much fairer.

MerkelMacron
08-21-2017, 09:10 PM
you pussies ever heard of red99?

#lowTproblems
#bluepixelballs

Ikon
08-21-2017, 09:47 PM
you pussies ever heard of red99?

#lowTproblems
#bluepixelballs
https://media.giphy.com/media/llKJGxQ1ESmac/giphy.gif
Your post reminded me of this guy from ND :)

EQsale
08-22-2017, 11:45 PM
no one complaining anymore? is stuff resolved? ^^

Ikon
08-23-2017, 12:24 AM
no one complaining anymore? is stuff resolved? ^^
Very unlikely.

Swish
08-23-2017, 02:20 AM
Requoting from Ikon's post...

The play nice policies, in regards to spawns and camping, are designed to promote equal access to the areas. If a group can get into a room, they have as much right to be there as anyone else. Are the policies perfect? No, of course what is? No matter what policy we adopt, there will be people who are helped by the policy, and others that are hurt. Sometimes the policy may help them in one instance and hurt in another.

As I've mentioned in the past, if anyone has any ideas for policies that are easy to understand, are enforcable, do not require a larger CS team than before or after the Play nice policies, and will please everyone, I'd be happy to discuss them. - Gordon

So much truth in one post, can't make everyone happy and moving goalposts in any direction will upset people. Take the "wipe red" thread for example, if it was wiped do you think everyone (everyone) will be happy with the outcome? I doubt it, it just moves the conversation on to something else people are unhappy about or want done differently :rolleyes: