PDA

View Full Version : Server History Lesson?

Mytral
07-23-2017, 09:29 AM
Can someone (without to much RnF) explain what the server was like when Kunark was two years? What was the Guild competition like back then? More importantly, what were the events that led to a GM endorsed "Class Rotation System"?

I joined in late 2014 when the class system was in full swing and names like TMO and Rampage were common place. Now that we are a couple years into Velious, I'm beginning to see how things might have been. What are some similarities and differences between 2 year old Kunark and two year old Velious?

For those that can shed some light in a thoughtful and insightful manner, thank you.

Shea
07-23-2017, 09:57 AM
2 years into Kunark TMO had raid mobs/encounters on lock to a degree that I'm not sure has ever happened again past or present on p99. Greed was the reason somewhat but mostly because the guild wanted to be in a position to be dominant in velious when it was released.

There is much more *healthy* competition now and availability for epics and what-not.

IMO: Server is better for the casual player for the most part at the moment. The high end velious gear for most classes isn't make-or-break for any classs and there is little motivation to get it other than feeling good about yourself. The server is done progressing and I think most people realize that so there's more sharing and caring.

JurisDictum
07-23-2017, 10:17 AM
You didn't go into detail about how TMO locked down every single epic they could (except paladin for some reason). Then insisted on outrageous prices for Epic MQs and Drops.

Oh yea -- and the guildleader and many others were caught up in a massive RMT scam. So that might explain some of the hardcore poopsocking. They basically invented LR (loot rights...no one even knew wtf LR ment when I played live.) and are trying to bring that shit to Agnarr as much as possible.

In fact, its pretty obvious all the old RMT guys are playing on Agnarr -- but they probably miss the old days where people needed to pay them for certain drops.

TMO had a core of people like Jeremy Irons and Tiggles that were complete braggard assholes on the forums. This didn't do them a lot of favors when they tried to save or re-create their guild later.

As someone that has made a ton of Krono on Agnarr....no one was a more miserable prick to try to trade with than Ecczen. I don't understand how anyone could like that guy -- his general disposition was shitty all the time. The made a hilarious hate site for him I can't find anymore. Maybe because no one will ever give a fuck who Ecczen is ever again. In fact, I probably didn't spell his name correctly, but it doesn't matter because no one cares.

skarlorn
07-23-2017, 01:40 PM
DANGER: You've Activated My Text-Wall Trap!

For a while it was IB vs TMO. Then IB R.ode M.otorcycles T.o get off the server and put some dolla billz in they pockits. So TMO then reigned supreme. I think they reigned supreme for about 2 years, although I only started raiding during the last year of that.

At some point IB came back. BDA was a good guild at one point but a lot of the best players splintered off to pursue a more aggressive guild named Forceful Entry to contest TMO.

(As previous posters have said, TMO had ALL server content on lock and was selling MQs)

Mid 2013 TMO > IB/FE > Everyone else. BDA, for instance, confined themselves to doing planar clears, Chardok royals, that sort of shit. It was enough to keep the new raiders happy but almost NO ONE got epics except for clerics, rogues.

Snagging kills of prized targets like VS, Sev, etc., was almost impossible because TMO or IB would always have some crazy loophole strategy. I remember once TMO(?) camped a cleric and a warrior at VS spawn point and snap engaged with their trackers. Donal's BP cleric + geared warrior back then was enough to engage VS and hold it for some time.

It was bad enough that I basically stopped playing a couple months after getting into BDA.

Then something changed. TMO did something that pissed Rogean off big time, a sort of tipping point. He basically banned all of TMO from raiding, and then banned THE WHOLE SERVER from raiding. It was a forced time-out where the big guilds had to sit down with server staff and negotiate a solution where TMO could no longer monopolize the raid content.

Chest the leader of BDA was probably the central agent in getting the Class C/R/FFA system set up. I believe he honestly wanted to help steward the server so that casuals could get some pixels. He and a lot of other BDA officer core had gotten consistently denied for 2 or 3 years by TMO and so the salt was real. So, with the help of an angry server staff, we received the Class Rotation System that was basically supposed to create a tiered raid environment that encouraged guilds to "get keyed up" and then go competitive. The only problem was that guilds like BDA and Taken and Div had been shit on for so long they just didn't want to have anything to do with TMO and the likes ever again...

Ultimately the Curse of the Casual Pixel Lust and the Inability to GET OVER IT ruined BDA from the top down

And what happened to the Rotation is another thing entirely (thanks for the green scales)

Right now the Raid Scene is broken down into two Top Dogs A/A (similar to TMO/IB). Main differences are that casual guilds really can get epics for their members now, excepting shit like warrior epic is still insanely competitive. But with undead trak, vs remains, etc., there's a lot less bottlenecks and a lot less nerds making those bottlenecks tighter, because now they are off bottle-necking shit in ToV first.

Gloriously, burnout is a real thing happening and a real threat to these guilds. Back in Kunark, there was passion and drive to get geared for Velious(TM). But now we have Velious and it isn't going anywhere, so people get their Vulak loot and then log off for good because they hate raiding 20-40 hours a week with a bunch of unemployed elf lords (read: addicts). You can observe this in the numerous threads where Awakened/Aftermath brag about "low numbers kills." This, in reality, means "we couldn't get as many people as we wanted so we had to log onto a bunch of abandoned accounts instead of playing our mains so we could have enough clerics etc to pull off the kill."

I would say that the raid scene is a LOT better than it was a couple years into Kunark. You actually have some cool targets you can get as a casual guild. There are casual alliances to some extent. And the truth is, you DON'T need NTOV gear to clear everything in the game. Always remember, all raid targets in Velious died on day 1 of release when we only had Kunark gear.

Ravager
07-23-2017, 07:52 PM
Nobody cares anymore. Move along.

Cecily
07-23-2017, 11:16 PM
With the removal of FTE locks, the situation is just as bleak for casual guilds as it was during TMO's reign over Kunark.
Why the hell did you do that again, Sirken?

Cecily
07-23-2017, 11:21 PM
I would say that the raid scene is a LOT better than it was a couple years into Kunark. You actually have some cool targets you can get as a casual guild. There are casual alliances to some extent. And the truth is, you DON'T need NTOV gear to clear everything in the game. Always remember, all raid targets in Velious died on day 1 of release when we only had Kunark gear.

I respectfully disagree. If by cool targets you mean the things we evil TMO monsters wouldn't let you kill in Kunark, maybe, if A/A can't be bothered. But anything of value whatsoever is still, 2 years later, permalocked behind a 16 hour paywall by the losers who are still inexplicably willing to pay it.

skarlorn
07-23-2017, 11:22 PM
that is pretty much what i mean cecily :*(

Cecily
07-23-2017, 11:30 PM
I mean if you asked me how the raid scene was just a couple months ago, I would have said healthy. The FTE locks allowed us as a casual entity to take a few targets every cycle when we felt like trying for it. However, the vast majority of kills went to the hardcore guilds and that seemed to be working as intended. I wasn't completely happy with it. I felt and still feel that it's time for the server to switch to a rotation-based system. The powers that be felt instead it was time for casuals to gtfo of ToV.

I can't comprehend the logic behind the change and as far as I know no explanation was provided for it. It seems to me like retaliation for refusing to accept the bad rotation offer given to us by A/A.

Pokesan
07-23-2017, 11:42 PM
i could see it as a punishment if like, sirken wanted something to point to and say see raiding scenes fine guys

i just dont think his attention span is that long

aaezil
07-23-2017, 11:49 PM
There is no reason other than greed that high value targets arent on a rotation schedule including all guilds that have a good chance of downing them. Insanity.

Arteker
07-23-2017, 11:49 PM
You didn't go into detail about how TMO locked down every single epic they could (except paladin for some reason). Then insisted on outrageous prices for Epic MQs and Drops.

Oh yea -- and the guildleader and many others were caught up in a massive RMT scam. So that might explain some of the hardcore poopsocking. They basically invented LR (loot rights...no one even knew wtf LR ment when I played live.) and are trying to bring that shit to Agnarr as much as possible.

In fact, its pretty obvious all the old RMT guys are playing on Agnarr -- but they probably miss the old days where people needed to pay them for certain drops.

TMO had a core of people like Jeremy Irons and Tiggles that were complete braggard assholes on the forums. This didn't do them a lot of favors when they tried to save or re-create their guild later.

As someone that has made a ton of Krono on Agnarr....no one was a more miserable prick to try to trade with than Ecczen. I don't understand how anyone could like that guy -- his general disposition was shitty all the time. The made a hilarious hate site for him I can't find anymore. Maybe because no one will ever give a fuck who Ecczen is ever again. In fact, I probably didn't spell his name correctly, but it doesn't matter because no one cares.

Been a while so i will try to make it easy .

at the kunark Start, the dominant guild was transatlantic rampage, second was dark ascension, DA and tmo(back then a small size guild but growing).

at this momment VP was not released . TR and tmo feuded for a while . Tr begin to absorv other guilds Because it was at a very low ebb.

VP opens , the Train wars begin , back then vp was a not csr zone so wiping enemy guild with trains was the standard . TR had few good trainers but Tmo had edge with Necrious ,fazlazen, darkdeath, zeelot etc.

Truce is called and a rotation btween TR and tmo happens for a while.

While tmo is raiding sky, TR breaks and reforms inglorious basterds. and try to break the rotation.

Hell breaks loose and TMo superior numbers eventualy wins .

IB rmt in mass and move to EQmac.

TMo reing begins, few guilds try to make moves but got totaly crushed

This last for almost 2 years.

The froovygate happens.

Froovy was a beloved member of tmo , lots of players shared accounts with him .Froovy and others got caught duping.

p99 staff Bans him and any account he had touched , it involved hugue loads of players of tmo, and accounts with infranstructure of the guild .

TMO main competitor at this time was Forcefull entry .

Zeelot , goes on rampage and launch a ultimatum to the staff, Rogean is not stupid and ignore him . although he had the decency to admit not all tmo players where involved in the froovygate scam

TMO is reforged with zagum leadership,

TMO VS FE wars.

ib returns from eq mac and reforge as Rampage.

FE`+Rampage vs tmo. tmo starts losing ground.
TMO crumbles , but partnership btw fe and rampage breaks .

TMO merges with fe . shit doesnt go well for them, strong rampage with Hokushin and the mad bat shit crazed kegluas , breaks new tmo and start dominating.

TMo Fracture , division of old players and new blood grows , eventualy a faction of people breaks guild .

Rampage ends wining the long kunark roads(and Velious aswell:p)

p.s the reason about paladin epics were cheap as fuck and sold by tmo as garbage was because there was almost no paladins back then. tmo just had a main paladin player for most of kunark . wich was Vonhammer .

my first post in years , im at ibiza and drunk and sentimental mode was lurking the forums.

If you reading this either from tmo, fe , rampage, and even fucking bda . thank you for the memorys of almost 5 years playing this server. for the good and for the bad

Pokesan
07-23-2017, 11:54 PM
Been a while so i will try to make it easy .

at the kunark Start, the dominant guild was transatlantic rampage, second was dark ascension, DA and tmo(back then a small size guild but growing).

at this momment VP was not released . TR and tmo feuded for a while . Tr begin to absorv other guilds Because it was at a very low ebb.

VP opens , the Train wars begin , back then vp was a not csr zone so wiping enemy guild with trains was the standard . TR had few good trainers but Tmo had edge with Necrious ,fazlazen, darkdeath, zeelot etc.

Truce is called and a rotation btween TR and tmo happens for a while.

While tmo is raiding sky, TR breaks and reforms inglorious basterds. and try to break the rotation.

Hell breaks loose and TMo superior numbers eventualy wins .

IB rmt in mass and move to EQmac.

TMo reing begins, few guilds try to make moves but got totaly crushed

This last for almost 2 years.

The froovygate happens.

Froovy was a beloved member of tmo , lots of players shared accounts with him .Froovy and others got caught duping.

p99 staff Bans him and any account he had touched , it involved hugue loads of players of tmo, and accounts with infranstructure of the guild .

TMO main competitor at this time was Forcefull entry .

Zeelot , goes on rampage and launch a ultimatum to the staff, Rogean is not stupid and ignore him . although he had the decency to admit not all tmo players where involved in the froovygate scam

TMO is reforged with zagum leadership,

TMO VS FE wars.

ib returns from eq mac and reforge as Rampage.

FE`+Rampage vs tmo. tmo starts losing ground.
TMO crumbles , but partnership btw fe and rampage breaks .

TMO merges with fe . shit doesnt go well for them, strong rampage with Hokushin and the mad bat shit crazed kegluas , breaks new tmo and start dominating.

TMo Fracture , division of old players and new blood grows , eventualy a faction of people breaks guild .

Rampage ends wining the long kunark roads(and Velious aswell:p)

p.s the reason about paladin epics were cheap as fuck and sold by tmo as garbage was because there was almost no paladins back then. tmo just had a main paladin player for most of kunark . wich was Vonhammer .

my first post in years , im at ibiza and drunk and sentimental mode was lurking the forums.

If you reading this either from tmo, fe , rampage, and even fucking bda . thank you for the memorys of almost 5 years playing this server. for the good and for the bad

-sneaksy and filbus go on massive crime sprees, to the delight of all

Cecily
07-23-2017, 11:56 PM

Thank you too, Von. Was always a pleasure playing with you.

Arteker
07-23-2017, 11:57 PM
-sneaksy and filbus go on massive crime sprees, to the delight of all

i still remember how i had to CR fillbus in sebilis with my stupid paladin after having him crying and beggin for 1 hour because he died halfway to disco. i swear i still have a screenshot saying you tmo people are the best after he eat my first use of a 90% rez in someone .

But i do aswell have a screenshot of chest doing cheers to tmo and doing shouts after we beat our first trakanon agaisnt TR eons ago(how change the world)

radda
07-24-2017, 12:27 AM
it was a solid move at the time.

how could anyone know Detoxx was so desperate he would get down on his knees and become a Taken Dog. whoopsies.

dude, this makes no sense/

skarlorn
07-24-2017, 01:06 AM
I always got along with TMO people. I still think you guys were the best :)

have fun in Ibiza dude and thanks for the Rez!

skarlorn
07-24-2017, 01:18 AM
double post cause vonhammer got me feelin nostalgic. miss the days of TMO. those were great days of RNF. Individual TMO were always good people.

god bleessss us all folks, the worst thing you can do for the raid scene is bear a grudge (ahem chest)

dude
07-24-2017, 08:04 AM
It doesn't matter when it was all built of duping shit.

maskedmelonpai
07-24-2017, 10:12 AM
going to guess the fte lock removal (didn't know this happened until just now), would be to minimize target spread and needed repops to realign targets. things gonna get killed lot closer to when they pop.

Freakish
07-24-2017, 10:41 AM
Hi Von <3

khanable
07-24-2017, 10:56 AM
Hi Von <3

Subversive
07-24-2017, 12:09 PM
Hi Von, miss you buddy! Was a blasty blast!
<3 Nissmo

JurisDictum
07-24-2017, 02:50 PM
Rampage always tries to play it up like they won and quit. But the truth is Forsaken beat them. They could have stayed alive as a guild but the leadership didn't have the willpower (because the loot system was designed to give the core all their items instantly). They burned themselves out by trying to be too hardcore, exclusive, and greedy -- that simple.

It's not that hard to wake the sleeper.

Cecily
07-24-2017, 02:58 PM

Why didn't you guys do it?

JurisDictum
07-24-2017, 03:00 PM
Why didn't you guys do it?

Because we still wanted loot....like most the guild that decided to wake it because they knew it was over. But the core got there's so its kind of a win....for them personally.

skarlorn
07-24-2017, 03:01 PM
personally i woke the sleeper this morning to find the Dragon buffed with Skin like Wood

Brut
07-24-2017, 04:23 PM
Wrote with a train of thought of what remembers. Some recollections of events are hazy and some weren't there for since played other servers for varying times. Some remember fairly well since they were highlights, such as the dumb FTE wars and the Rampage/Forsaken formation suspension drama hilarity. And biased obv.

- Server launches, first people to lvl50ish form Inglourious Basterds and run the show.
- Transcendence becomes 2nd major raid guild. Staff enforced rotation is formed between them and IB.
- Divinity grows up to become 3rd major raid guild. Poopsocks Nagafen to get their first raid boss kill. Staff breaks rotation. IB dominates content.
- Fish Bait is formed, led by Salty a VZTZ reject. Formed mostly of goonies and whatnot internet scum afaik. Blatantly trains people for Hate gear and whatnot. Mutiny occurs, guild reforms as Dark Ascension.
- DA becomes legit competition. Summer of poopsock comes along. Horrible ruleset about # of people sitting at dragon spawn point to "camp it" are made, resulting in 3days straight of 15+ players sitting semi-afk at Vox/Naggy/CT/whatever.
- IB merges with some of the midtier raiding guilds, forms Transatlantic Rampage.
- Late classic DA falls apart to drama (I think?).
- TMO can't break Fear.

- KUNARK LAUNCHES -
- TR still runs the show. Splinter guilds of DA (forgot the names, Dozekar was one of them?) get some random ez mobs on the side. TR farms Trakanon for teeth to get ready for Veeshan's Peak.
- TMO wipes in Droga meanwhile and loses locket camp they were trying to lock down.
- Veeshan's Peak constantly delayed.
- TR starts to wear thinner on numbers while waiting for new content.
- Leftover DA guilds and TMO form a megazerg and throw 100+ players at Trak to kill it. Gets rewarded teeth off random GM events and whatnot in solB. Starts to have enough teeth to be VP ready.
- VP finally released. TR and TMO forced to /random the dragons, forced rotation.
- TR teams up with Vesica Dei to compete with TMO zerg.
- Petitionquest wars. Paypalminda main raid GM. Horrible times ensue.
- TR reforms as IB to try to sneak in VP kills. Something about TMO leaving PD up for a stupid long time which pissed them off so they went for it. VP rotation breaks. Train wars. The bigger zerg triumphs.
- Mobs split back and forth between IB and TMO. Some major petitionquest suspension drama occurs, both guilds suspended, but then randomly TMO gets unsuspended, IB gets mad af, RMTs off server.
- Leftover memberbase joins VD. VD trolled and griefed off server by TMO.
- Bregan D'Aerth (sp?) becomes #2 raid guild of server by default since only guild to do upper sky islands etc. Leftover IB/VD join BDA.
- TMO happy about BDA competing. Then BDA actually gets some mobs. TMO then declares BDA is scum and is secretly IB/VD in disguise and needs to be griefed off the server as well.
- One happy Trakanon attempt, TMO wipes their first engage. BDA calmly clears juggs and goes in, TMO snipes FTE and petitions that their 6 rez effex'd half-naked people running into it were a raid force, they want the loot. GM gives them the loot. TMO brags in RnF and claims they'll do this to BDA scum every raid from now on.
- BDA adopts the FTE over all strat. Starts to just port random teams of monks to Hate to jav Inny as TMO is engaging, petitions, actually gets loot. TMO cries foul in RnF and how unfair this is.
- BDA actually puts up a fight, recall taking 3 VS in a row. Internal drama happens, VD/IB populance wants more strict raiding requirements etc DKP and whatnot.
- Forceful Entry splits off BDA. Fights with TMO, takes time to get off, actually starts to dominate content outside VP. TMO brags how VP is all that matters and they need to come there to fight. Train wars are the best thing in game says TMO.
- FE goes to VP. TMO parks their entire raid out of zone boundaries so they don't get trained cuz train wars are the best thing in game (?!).
- FE can't compete with the zerg # and all the bought toons with rez sticks and whatnot preparked in the zone. Sloan is a goof and spends 20h play sessions with some other dudes wasting time training Necrious and whatnot all day long. Guild leadership neglects rest of targets, people get fed up, results are bad.
- FE falls apart as such. Scrapes some crap mobs here and there. Sloan poofs. Horrible times of career idiot Shinko as guildleader.
- IB starts to come back to server after waking Sleepy on EQmac and ruining their lives there. Teams up with FE to compete with TMO again.
- IB/FE vs TMO is trucking along, whatevs, same old. VP still under TMO controls sans some random dragons here and there sniped by preparking. Phara Dar once, big deal apparently.
- Froovygate happens. Major TMO members caught duping and RMTing, also one of their top officers (I think?) decided to ninja loot some Druushk loot when salty and mad about losing it. Rogean raid suspends TMO for like a month or something.
- Zeelot ragequits server when seeing the writing on the wall. TMO left in shambles.
- Server raid suspended as playerbase meant to come up with their own rotation ideas to let everyone get merbs from here on out.
- Weeks of nothing happening as any agreement is shot down by salty BDA leadership.
- Rogean puts foot down and enforces a rotation with tier system.
- FE/IB vs TMO leftovers, new raid rules, no VP training now, other humbug all around. Coth ducking is a thing now. Casuals get mobs too and form their own rotation for them.
- Casual rotation falls apart due to too many alliances and small guilds joining in. Big surprise. BDA and Taken, the top 2 guilds, throw the rotation out the window and just eat all the casual mobs themselves. Divinity takes the rest. CSG is formed (think it was Europa, Omni, aaand something) to compete with Divinity over the leftovers of leftovers.
- FE goes full scum and teams up with TMO to form a new megazerg mother of all megazergs. 120 player Xygoz raid. Disgusting. IB left with 20ish people to compete on their own.
- IB fights back, FETMO megazerg starts dwindling as late Kunark goes along. IB pulls together. Guildleader Getsome disappears on a fishing trip.
- IB reforms as Rampage due to said fishing trip. They were raid suspended at the time of reform, asked GM if they're still raid suspended, was told no, went for a Nexona. FETMO cried foul, Rampage offered to give up Nexonas to compensate in spite of being allowed by staff to kill stuff. FETMO cried no, demands week of free mobs. Didn't get any of such.
- Rampage vs FETMO back and forth no one has a real advantage, primarily due to Nalken's scripts and macros to secure them PDs.
- FETMO reforms as Forsaken. Same thing, different name. Gets raid suspended first week of their formation since genius leader thought they could go snipe R tier mobs from BDA and Taken. Rogean said nope.
- Same old back and forth continues.

- VELIOUS LAUNCHES -
- Serverwide tier system rotation gone completely.
- Rampage runs the show and gets most everything. Locks down ST keys. Farms content for some months for free. Gets all the relevant server firsts.
- Forsaken teams up with Asgard and Taken to zerg it up. Trains and dramas and whatnot.
- Coth ducking wars and other lame nonsense and zerg rushing. Think Taken ditched the Forsaken&Asgard team and teamed up with Rampage? Don't remember this part too well, I ragequit due to the good vyemm eye going to a shaman (he had the wrong face too /nod).
- Rampage calls it quits after Forsakengard snipes a Vulak and gets server first Gharns I think? Wakes up Sleepy on their way out to piss people off. Good riddance monk robes.
- Leftover Rampage form Bacon or something. Teams up with Taken and forms Awakened after a bit. Forsakengard merge to form Aftermath because they wanted to be earlier on /who all guild searches or something stupid.
- BDA leaves server. Bye.
- Divinity also vanished at some point. RIP oldest guild on server. Think Europa has that crown now?
- Some departed IB comes back to form Rustle because ???. Didn't get the big red carpet hero welcome invitation to Awakened that they expected, got salty, dedicated their time to petitionquesting against Awakened and teamed up with Aftermath and told them how to kill Tunare and how to do the ring war.
- Bunch of petitionquest wars occur. Tons of suspensions and nonsense.
- Current state. Alot of casual guilds have died down. Rustle seems to be pretty much gone. CSG seems to be trying alot less. A/A farming server with same old back and forth.

skarlorn
07-24-2017, 04:38 PM
Wrote with a train of thought of what remembers. Some recollections of events are hazy and some weren't there for since played other servers for varying times. Some remember fairly well since they were highlights, such as the dumb FTE wars and the Rampage/Forsaken formation suspension drama hilarity. And biased obv.

- Server launches, first people to lvl50ish form Inglourious Basterds and run the show.
- Transcendence becomes 2nd major raid guild. Staff enforced rotation is formed between them and IB.
- Divinity grows up to become 3rd major raid guild. Poopsocks Nagafen to get their first raid boss kill. Staff breaks rotation. IB dominates content.
- Fish Bait is formed, led by Salty a VZTZ reject. Formed mostly of goonies and whatnot internet scum afaik. Blatantly trains people for Hate gear and whatnot. Mutiny occurs, guild reforms as Dark Ascension.
- DA becomes legit competition. Summer of poopsock comes along. Horrible ruleset about # of people sitting at dragon spawn point to "camp it" are made, resulting in 3days straight of 15+ players sitting semi-afk at Vox/Naggy/CT/whatever.
- IB merges with some of the midtier raiding guilds, forms Transatlantic Rampage.
- TMO can't break Fear.

- KUNARK LAUNCHES -
- TR still runs the show. Splinter guilds of DA (forgot the names, Dozekar was one of them?) get some random ez mobs on the side. TR farms Trakanon for teeth to get ready for Veeshan's Peak.
- TMO wipes in Droga meanwhile and loses locket camp they were trying to lock down.
- Leftover DA guilds and TMO form a megazerg and throw 100+ players at Trak to kill it. Gets rewarded teeth off random GM events and whatnot in solB. Starts to have enough teeth to be VP ready.
- VP finally released. TR and TMO forced to /random the dragons, forced rotation.
- TR reforms as IB to try to sneak in VP kills. Something about TMO leaving PD up for a stupid long time which pissed them off so they went for it. VP rotation breaks. Train wars. The bigger zerg triumphs.
- Mobs split back and forth between IB and TMO. Some major petitionquest suspension drama occurs, both guilds suspended, but then randomly TMO gets unsuspended, IB gets mad af, RMTs off server.
- Bregan D'Aerth (sp?) becomes #2 raid guild of server by default since only guild to do upper sky islands etc. Leftover IB/VD join BDA.
- TMO happy about BDA competing. Then BDA actually gets some mobs. TMO then declares BDA is scum and is secretly IB/VD in disguise and needs to be griefed off the server as well.
- One happy Trakanon attempt, TMO wipes their first engage. BDA calmly clears juggs and goes in, TMO snipes FTE and petitions that their 6 rez effex'd half-naked people running into it were a raid force, they want the loot. GM gives them the loot. TMO brags in RnF and claims they'll do this to BDA scum every raid from now on.
- BDA adopts the FTE over all strat. Starts to just port random teams of monks to Hate to jav Inny as TMO is engaging, petitions, actually gets loot. TMO cries foul in RnF and how unfair this is.
- BDA actually puts up a fight, recall taking 3 VS in a row. Internal drama happens, VD/IB populance wants more strict raiding requirements etc DKP and whatnot.
- Forceful Entry splits off BDA. Fights with TMO, takes time to get off, actually starts to dominate content outside VP. TMO brags how VP is all that matters and they need to come there to fight. Train wars are the best thing in game says TMO.
- FE goes to VP. TMO parks their entire raid out of zone boundaries so they don't get trained cuz train wars are the best thing in game (?!).
- FE can't compete with the zerg # and all the bought toons with rez sticks and whatnot preparked in the zone. Sloan is a goof and spends 20h play sessions with some other dudes wasting time training Necrious and whatnot all day long. Guild leadership neglects rest of targets, people get fed up, results are bad.
- FE falls apart as such. Scrapes some crap mobs here and there. Sloan poofs. Horrible times of career idiot Shinko as guildleader.
- IB starts to come back to server after waking Sleepy on EQmac and ruining their lives there. Teams up with FE to compete with TMO again.
- IB/FE vs TMO is trucking along, whatevs, same old. VP still under TMO controls sans some random dragons here and there sniped by preparking. Phara Dar once, big deal apparently.
- Froovygate happens. Major TMO members caught duping and RMTing, also one of their top officers (I think?) decided to ninja loot some Druushk loot when salty and mad about losing it. Rogean raid suspends TMO for like a month or something.
- Zeelot ragequits server when seeing the writing on the wall. TMO left in shambles.
- Server raid suspended as playerbase meant to come up with their own rotation ideas to let everyone get merbs from here on out.
- Weeks of nothing happening as any agreement is shot down by salty BDA leadership.
- FE/IB vs TMO leftovers, new raid rules, no VP training now, other humbug all around. Coth ducking is a thing now. Casuals get mobs too and form their own rotation for them.
- Casual rotation falls apart due to too many alliances and small guilds joining in. Big surprise. BDA and Taken, the top 2 guilds, throw the rotation out the window and just eat all the casual mobs themselves. Divinity takes the rest. CSG is formed (think it was Europa, Omni, aaand something) to compete with Divinity over the leftovers of leftovers.
- FE goes full scum and teams up with TMO to form a new megazerg mother of all megazergs. 120 player Xygoz raid. Disgusting. IB left with 20ish people to compete on their own.
- IB fights back, FETMO megazerg starts dwindling as late Kunark goes along. IB pulls together. Guildleader Getsome disappears on a fishing trip.
- IB reforms as Rampage due to said fishing trip. They were raid suspended at the time of reform, asked GM if they're still raid suspended, was told no, went for a Nexona. FETMO cried foul, Rampage offered to give up Nexonas to compensate in spite of being allowed by staff to kill stuff. FETMO cried no, demands week of free mobs. Didn't get any of such.
- Rampage vs FETMO back and forth no one has a real advantage, primarily due to Nalken's scripts and macros to secure them PDs.
- FETMO reforms as Forsaken. Same thing, different name. Gets raid suspended first week of their formation since genius leader thought they could go snipe R tier mobs from BDA and Taken. Rogean said nope.

- VELIOUS LAUNCHES -
- Rampage runs the show and gets most everything. Locks down ST keys. Farms content for some months for free. Gets all the relevant server firsts.
- Forsaken teams up with Asgard and Taken to zerg it up. Trains and dramas and whatnot.
- Coth ducking wars and other lame nonsense and zerg rushing. Think Taken ditched the Forsaken&Asgard team and teamed up with Rampage? Don't remember this part too well, I ragequit due to the good vyemm eye going to a shaman (he had the wrong face too /nod).
- Rampage calls it quits after Forsakengard snipes a Vulak and gets server first Gharns I think? Wakes up Sleepy on their way out to piss people off. Good riddance monk robes.
- Leftover Rampage form Bacon or something. Teams up with Taken and forms Awakened after a bit. Forsakengard merge to form Aftermath because they wanted to be earlier on /who all guild searches or something stupid.
- Divinity also vanished at some point. RIP oldest guild on server. Think Europa has that crown now?
- Some departed IB comes back to form Rustle because ???. Didn't get the big red carpet hero welcome invitation to Awakened that they expected, got salty, dedicated their time to petitionquesting against Awakened and teamed up with Aftermath and told them how to kill Tunare and how to do the ring war.
- Current state. Alot of casual guilds have died down. Rustle seems to be pretty much gone. CSG seems to be trying alot less. A/A farming server with same old back and forth.
You forgot...
- Brutillus the Kingslayer commits Regicide on the Leaders of Norrath singlehandedly (https://youtu.be/uW_jTch3N-A)

Arteker
07-24-2017, 04:39 PM

- TMO can't break Fear.

- KUNARK LAUNCHES -

- VELIOUS LAUNCHES -

alot of good stuff, there, ahh brut nailed alot of stuff.Hug to you too

Arteker
07-24-2017, 04:41 PM
For the record, no leadership from TMO was ever implicated in RMT. The most senior TMO member who was RMTing (that I know of) was Crazyeyes, unbeknownst to the leadership at the time.

technically u wrong imp, Durison did too :D how goes that jeremy.

Arteker
07-24-2017, 04:48 PM
Rampage always tries to play it up like they won and quit. But the truth is Forsaken beat them. They could have stayed alive as a guild but the leadership didn't have the willpower (because the loot system was designed to give the core all their items instantly). They burned themselves out by trying to be too hardcore, exclusive, and greedy -- that simple.

that is kinda a big lie . let me set this straigh for you.

By the time tmo broke , the oldest former active members of the guild was me on vonhammer , and portsche.

When i moved to rampage , i was fairly impressed that in loot decissions it was way more less political shit wich was tmo loot council . the proof , i got serverwide paladdius axe of slaugther over a warrior core member wanted it . and another ex tmo got a sod over a longer time player of rampage .

In tmo meanwhile i had to endure a block on items mostly because my class choice over other people wich had alot of friendship with officers.

i dont want to turn this into rnf so i will not drop some screenshots of ECcehomo rage tells when he found we killed pd , and i won the robe as paladin.
or some officers giving loot to newcome friends from live because they used to have the tmo tag .

skarlorn
07-24-2017, 05:03 PM
i dont want to turn this into rnf so i will not drop some screenshots of ECcehomo rage tells when he found we killed pd , and i won the robe as paladin.
or some officers giving loot to newcome friends from live because they used to have the tmo tag .

http://i.imgur.com/9quoeV1.gif

zanderklocke
07-24-2017, 05:16 PM
Oh...and A-Team was first guild to buy epics and VP loot rights from TMO during their reigning. Ha.

Arteker
07-24-2017, 05:29 PM
Oh...and A-Team was first guild to buy epics and VP loot rights from TMO during their reigning. Ha.

ahhh man sakuragi, i always was afraid how many fingerbonehoops he scored to buy all that stuff .Faz was angry as fuck over it:p

Itap
07-24-2017, 06:15 PM
Stuff

How you gonna leave out peace pipe like that?

zanderklocke
07-25-2017, 09:54 AM
I realize that this server history leaves out Platlord and Stabbyjoe and the huge spreadsheet of 1000s of items and millions of platinum.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106476&highlight=stabbyjoe

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106658&highlight=stabbyjoe

If anyone can still find that spreadsheet that listed all the items and the millions of platinum, that would be cool.

The irony in reading these old threads is that a lot of the time, the players praised like Tecmos and Nordenwatch ended up RMTing off the server a year or two later.

talian21
07-25-2017, 01:34 PM
Divinity is not dead, but moved to Agnarr server. I thought that I was going to hate it there, but I made an account like a good loyal guildie and checked it out, since my guild went there, and it's not Sony anymore...

When I first logged onto these forums today, it was to share with ppl how much better Agnarr was, than what I expected. I was going to go into the hundred little annoyances that are *not* present, that I deal with on P99. (and I don't mean PoK stones; I mean a /who all LFG that is not disabled, group inviting across zones, spell graphics that actually look like what it is, grouop auto-reforming if leader accidentally leaves, and so many more) At first I thought it was no big deal, but after a single day, they really really started adding up, and I honestly didn't think they would.

But after reading this (and a couple other) thread(s) I now know why I'm not going to log onto P99, today or the near future, even though all my chars and hard-earned stuff is there; I'm going back to Agnarr. I'm sure I'll wander back to P99 one day, but not today. Or P2002 or TAKP...

Today I'm logging right back onto Agnarr for one simple, very important reason.

The People. Not the people there; they're nice, and happy with all that comes with newness and what-have-you, and I do like being around nice people. Its the people *here*; the toxic, resentful, well, angry people here.

I need a break from all the hate.

skarlorn
07-25-2017, 01:40 PM
Divinity is not dead, but moved to Agnarr server. I thought that I was going to hate it there, but I made an account like a good loyal guildie and checked it out, since my guild went there, and it's not Sony anymore...

When I first logged onto these forums today, it was to share with ppl how much better Agnarr was, than what I expected. I was going to go into the hundred little annoyances that are *not* present, that I deal with on P99. (and I don't mean PoK stones; I mean a /who all LFG that is not disabled, group inviting across zones, spell graphics that actually look like what it is, grouop auto-reforming if leader accidentally leaves, and so many more) At first I thought it was no big deal, but after a single day, they really really started adding up, and I honestly didn't think they would.

But after reading this (and a couple other) thread(s) I now know why I'm not going to log onto P99, today or the near future, even though all my chars and hard-earned stuff is there; I'm going back to Agnarr. I'm sure I'll wander back to P99 one day, but not today,

Today I'm logging right back onto Agnarr for one simple, very important reason.

The People. Not the people there; they're nice, and happy with all that comes with newness and what-have-you, and I do like being around nice people. Its the people *here*; the toxic, resentful, well, angry people here.

I need a break from all the hate.

>"we here on agnarr are not toxic and resentful or angry"
>comes back to p99 and makes a toxic, resentful post on a nice thread dedicated to server memories and comradery

Please keep your hatred, toxicty, and flames and put it in RNF where it belongs. This is server chat, and this is a particularly nice thread in server chat. Or, just don't post here anymore :)

fadetree
07-25-2017, 05:27 PM
I'm liking TAKP so far.

JurisDictum
07-27-2017, 03:37 AM
that is kinda a big lie . let me set this straigh for you.

By the time tmo broke , the oldest former active members of the guild was me on vonhammer , and portsche.

When i moved to rampage , i was fairly impressed that in loot decissions it was way more less political shit wich was tmo loot council . the proof , i got serverwide paladdius axe of slaugther over a warrior core member wanted it . and another ex tmo got a sod over a longer time player of rampage .

In tmo meanwhile i had to endure a block on items mostly because my class choice over other people wich had alot of friendship with officers.

Because this isn't RNF I won't troll at all.

From what I can tell no guild on this server is devoid of loot corruption. But I don't know what it was like to be in Rampage at the time because I wasn't in it. I was however, raiding against them once the Forsaken/Asgard alliance started.

It was quite obvious some of the core members had nearly complete BiS (even some that didn't track). Meanwhile, all those that joined in Velious (when I started playing in a Casual Guild) were dicked, even those that tracked. Like those that left, tracked a bunch and won mobs against Forsaken/Asgard, and then didn't get their sleeper robe.

So my assessment was -- I think fairly -- the core got theirs and they didn't owe anyone jack (because they did the vast amount of the work) so they left.

What isn't talked a lot about is how Hoku basically had a melt down once we started contesting him and was negotiating rules with Detoxx (mediated by Sirkin.)

He basically already won the big race and didn't want to sit there 6 mo later fighting for it. So his guild died. But that's what happend. It's not like everyone had a big guild discussion and they all quit while uncontested.

From the perspective of people like me however, we were just getting started in Velious (having not farmed the previous expansion for 2 years -- which still sounds terrible to me). Rampage seemed to fall apart the minute they weren't getting all the best stuff 100% uncontested. They were clearly skilled but their guild model was a dated Kunark model that didn't hold up in Velious.

Edit: Let's face it...It was just timing. They could have easily never stood a chance if it weren't for the TMO ban hammer. Tiggles might still be here telling people to Deal with it.

Swish
07-27-2017, 04:19 AM
Nobody cares anymore. Move along.

lol funny how BDA members don't want to talk about it...as always.

Pulled all the strings during Kunark to secure themselves guaranteed pixels while leaning on the small guilds and trying to oust them. Then revising the rotation and attempting to put Gorenaire as a test of entry, or "sorry no you're not allowed in our casual rotation, you're too casual"...

...then axing the rotation and trying to pin it on Divinity "omg guys they left first honest".

...then Velious hits. BDA is bloated and has too many raiders while simultaneously being terrible at securing pixels without a ringfenced rotation.

Then they say "raiding on P99 is shit lol, we're going to Phinny" like its Rogean's fault or Sirken's fault. They wanted to see this server lose hundreds of players (didn't happen), and bragged how they were getting great instanced loot in RNF. That died out though because....

1. Nobody cared.
2. The population tanked when Agnarr launched.
3. It's not worth bragging about being on a TLP server in a population decline, is it? :o

Hi Ravager, Kushie, et al <3

commongood
07-27-2017, 04:19 AM
This is a really interesting read. I started playing on p99 in November or December of 2014 but it wasn't until two years later I really started raiding. As such I've mostly just heard tales of how things used to be.

Can someone shed some light onto how it used to work in terms of rotation of VP etc? It seems today like there is nothing being rotated except for the 10th ring war. What would it take to re-introduce a rotation on VP and NToV stuff? :)

Ravager
07-27-2017, 08:20 AM
lol funny how BDA members don't want to talk about it...as always.

Pulled all the strings during Kunark to secure themselves guaranteed pixels while leaning on the small guilds and trying to oust them. Then revising the rotation and attempting to put Gorenaire as a test of entry, or "sorry no you're not allowed in our casual rotation, you're too casual"...

...then axing the rotation and trying to pin it on Divinity "omg guys they left first honest".

...then Velious hits. BDA is bloated and has too many raiders while simultaneously being terrible at securing pixels without a ringfenced rotation.

Then they say "raiding on P99 is shit lol, we're going to Phinny" like its Rogean's fault or Sirken's fault. They wanted to see this server lose hundreds of players (didn't happen), and bragged how they were getting great instanced loot in RNF. That died out though because....

1. Nobody cared.
2. The population tanked when Agnarr launched.
3. It's not worth bragging about being on a TLP server in a population decline, is it? :o

Hi Ravager, Kushie, et al <3

Good to see your forum vacation didn't change you. Stay mad Swish. Maybe you can spend time with your family over the holidays when you get banned again in 4 months.

JurisDictum
07-27-2017, 01:12 PM
This is a really interesting read. I started playing on p99 in November or December of 2014 but it wasn't until two years later I really started raiding. As such I've mostly just heard tales of how things used to be.

Can someone shed some light onto how it used to work in terms of rotation of VP etc? It seems today like there is nothing being rotated except for the 10th ring war. What would it take to re-introduce a rotation on VP and NToV stuff? :)

Basically Casuals were allowed to compete only with each other rather than against the hardcore raid guilds (but they couldn't raid except for on causal weeks). The problem was BDA was a borderline case because it was a massive guild with some raid history.

When left only to compete with casuals, BDA basically behaved exactly like TMO when facing casual guilds. Trains, petition quest, and poopsocking. Therefore it diminished any sympathy or respect for the guild until it left.

The rotation was never complete (always excluded the best stuff that we found at later, was being RMTed) and never allowed guilds to raid on their own time. The powers that be always thought it was really important to preserve "competition" -- because that's what EQ is all about (they literally said stuff like that).

But we all dealt with it. But I and many others really got disenchanted with this server once they screwed up the raiding. Back in the Golden Era, when we were taking down Rampage and breaking into NToV, everything was a kill-race. Not merely an FTE race.

Everyone had to be logged in as the Dragon was being pulled to camp and kill the dragon. Something went wrong with the pull? Drop it, the other guild gets a chance. Raid wipe? The other guild gets it.

So for guild in general, it was way more involved and fun. But the guild leadership (of both top raid guilds) was basically engaging the staff like a bunch of D.C. lobbyists to get the raid rules changed to something they thought would be an advantage to them . We eventually ended up with the crap rules we have today that hardly anyone likes. Those were a product of a few people scheming for pixiles.

Something that's hard to see now, is that we thought we were on our way to dominate the Server as 1 guild. After Rampage quit it looked possible. Over time I've come to accept that the "competition" is never going to end. It's a limbo not a competition. You can't kill all 20+ targets in the game without another raid force getting some.

Mytral
07-27-2017, 01:19 PM
Thanks for everyone's input thus far. I understand each post is from a certain perspective and each individual has their unique view, but when taken with a grain of salt, this thread really paints quite the picture. One that I somewhat understood, but never fully appreciated until now.

I hope Pantheon creators read this and learn from some of these lessons.

Cheers!

Phenyo
07-27-2017, 02:02 PM
Swish ranting about BDA? Some things never change

fan D
07-27-2017, 04:03 PM
tldr

everyone from ever era loves vonhammer <3

azeth
07-27-2017, 04:06 PM
tldr

everyone from ever era loves vonhammer <3

vonhammer was universally loved, true.

Pescador
07-27-2017, 04:38 PM
Ahhhh man this thread has some nice history in it. I joined TMO in classic before they had even killed forgot,, andayed through Kunark, and ended up quitting before epics were released. I think I spent some absurd number of hours at pained soul and never got the medallion piece and finally decided to just MQ my trak tooth to a guildie and move on. This was before people ever really MQed that piece since everyone was still trying to get their main VP keyed.

Anyways, when I quit TMO pretty much had a monopoly on everything, and I think that was another factor that caused me to quit. Its just not as much fun when every major target is batphone and is almost a guaranteed kill. I remember I would sometimes log in within 5-10 mins of a batphone and still miss out on a trak kill even though I was camped fully buffed at ledge. That's how efficient and numerous we were. It blows my mind that they were able to keep that up for another two years!

Nothing but props to zeelot and the rest of the officer core who literally spent years building up the guild from scratch. I remember when we teamed up and eventually merged with DA and got our first Trak while TR watched that everyone kind of knew we were on the verge of something big. Then after the merge we followed it up with a streak of Gore + Trak + VS after a repop and suddenly we had all the momentum and never really let up. I know TMO gets a lot of flak, but there's something to be said for what they achieved. I'm glad I left before everything imploded but I'm.happy to hear they kept up their success for such a long time.

I just started playing again a few months ago and it's kind of sad to see that almost all of the familiar names are long gone.

Baler
07-27-2017, 04:40 PM
my only post on this this...
P99 should be a documentary video.

azeth
07-27-2017, 04:41 PM
my only post on this this...
P99 should be a documentary video.

Its really an insane story and journey, if you actually were able to get candid posts/info from the real conspirators.

Raavak
07-27-2017, 04:55 PM
By the time tmo broke , the oldest former active members of the guild was me on vonhammer , and portsche.I was around!

Brut
07-27-2017, 04:55 PM
Only thing to really take from the history is that limited content, long respawns, too top-heavy playerbase and stagnated content = bad times.

You can point fingers at BDA or IB or TMO or whatever A/A for ruining this and that, but ultimately these things always lead to people poopsocking dragon spawn points/zerging. Someone will do it at some point, since they want the loots just a little bit more, these and those are greedy and don't deserve it as much as we do, so they take that extra step further to be more likely to get it, then the rest follow suit, until everyone's sitting on the spawn point poopsocking it. Casual rotations were great since they proved it. People get along being nice for a while, but eventually it happens.

If you want to solve the problems and everyone to get to slay dragons without socking it or merging into 100+ player batphone zerg forces, it's either gotta be a GM enforced massive server-wide rotation that means ridiculous half-year waiting lists, or some semi-instanced weekly repop stuff.

skarlorn
07-27-2017, 05:31 PM
If you want to solve the problems and everyone to get to slay dragons without socking it or merging into 100+ player batphone zerg forces, it's either gotta be a GM enforced massive server-wide rotation that means ridiculous half-year waiting lists, or some semi-instanced weekly repop stuff.

Here's another solution. GM enforced dissolution of all raid guilds. If you want to raid, you have to join the new server raid guild <The People's Dragon Raiders>. There's no ability to rotate becaues it's always one guild getting all the dragons. You can raid as much or as little as you like but never will you be denied by basement lurkers.

Instead of using DKP to award members the chance to get loot, a system similar to DKP is implemented, but it's very different because of one fact: Mobs no longer drop loot.

Nilbog will implement a custom code that gives you an item every time you get a raid kill. It's called Big Boy Buck (BBB) and operates like a point of DKP.

As I said, you don't bid your BBBs to the officer core... because that Trak you just killed? No loot. That's right, he didn't drop anything. Instead, you have to go to a new Quest Mob that Haynar will implement. There's one in every major city. Her name is "Mommy" and she will crow about how proud of you she is. Mommy has quest text dialogue so that you can trigger various rewards with your BBBs and all you have to do is go to the right Mommy who awards the items you want and then turn in your BBB after queuing appropriate quest text.

Furthermore, Rogean will implement a system where every time you earn a big boy buck (kill a raid target with the People's Dragon Raid Guild), a /ran 1000 is rolled. If you roll 990 to 1000 you also get a piece of loot that would normally be on that target's loot box. This will keep the hardcores addicted while still allowing for casual comrades to progress and get the items they truly desire (like getting a telephone in north korea).

I now realize I have just described the LFR system implemented by Blizzard in Cataclysm.

Emmin
07-27-2017, 06:31 PM
Here's another solution. GM enforced dissolution of all raid guilds. If you want to raid, you have to join the new server raid guild <The People's Dragon Raiders>. There's no ability to rotate becaues it's always one guild getting all the dragons. You can raid as much or as little as you like but never will you be denied by basement lurkers.

Instead of using DKP to award members the chance to get loot, a system similar to DKP is implemented, but it's very different because of one fact: Mobs no longer drop loot.

Nilbog will implement a custom code that gives you an item every time you get a raid kill. It's called Big Boy Buck (BBB) and operates like a point of DKP.

As I said, you don't bid your BBBs to the officer core... because that Trak you just killed? No loot. That's right, he didn't drop anything. Instead, you have to go to a new Quest Mob that Haynar will implement. There's one in every major city. Her name is "Mommy" and she will crow about how proud of you she is. Mommy has quest text dialogue so that you can trigger various rewards with your BBBs and all you have to do is go to the right Mommy who awards the items you want and then turn in your BBB after queuing appropriate quest text.

Furthermore, Rogean will implement a system where every time you earn a big boy buck (kill a raid target with the People's Dragon Raid Guild), a /ran 1000 is rolled. If you roll 990 to 1000 you also get a piece of loot that would normally be on that target's loot box. This will keep the hardcores addicted while still allowing for casual comrades to progress and get the items they truly desire (like getting a telephone in north korea).

I now realize I have just described the LFR system implemented by Blizzard in Cataclysm.

Amazing. I nominate Filbus as Supreme Leader of Norrath. Let's make this happen.

nilzark
07-27-2017, 06:33 PM
Amazing. I nominate Filbus as Supreme Leader of Norrath. Let's make this happen.

Only if he wins his fight tomorrow night...

Arteker
07-27-2017, 11:01 PM
Because this isn't RNF I won't troll at all.

From what I can tell no guild on this server is devoid of loot corruption. But I don't know what it was like to be in Rampage at the time because I wasn't in it. I was however, raiding against them once the Forsaken/Asgard alliance started.

It was quite obvious some of the core members had nearly complete BiS (even some that didn't track). Meanwhile, all those that joined in Velious (when I started playing in a Casual Guild) were dicked, even those that tracked. Like those that left, tracked a bunch and won mobs against Forsaken/Asgard, and then didn't get their sleeper robe.

So my assessment was -- I think fairly -- the core got theirs and they didn't owe anyone jack (because they did the vast amount of the work) so they left.

What isn't talked a lot about is how Hoku basically had a melt down once we started contesting him and was negotiating rules with Detoxx (mediated by Sirkin.)

He basically already won the big race and didn't want to sit there 6 mo later fighting for it. So his guild died. But that's what happend. It's not like everyone had a big guild discussion and they all quit while uncontested.

From the perspective of people like me however, we were just getting started in Velious (having not farmed the previous expansion for 2 years -- which still sounds terrible to me). Rampage seemed to fall apart the minute they weren't getting all the best stuff 100% uncontested. They were clearly skilled but their guild model was a dated Kunark model that didn't hold up in Velious.

Edit: Let's face it...It was just timing. They could have easily never stood a chance if it weren't for the TMO ban hammer. Tiggles might still be here telling people to Deal with it.
Tiggles ? Tiggles was just a forum warrior wich did more hurt than good for tmo , and probably the worst Rogue i ever seen .He aswell goot loot because*friendship* and *services*.

About gear .... Do you realize 3 server first loots of vulak ended in ex tmo players , wich joined rampage? if i recall first katana was for Briefs , op got think the eyepatch and i got the Axe .In fact a old sk member of rampage went nuts i won it over it and quit .Thanks Nissmo for encouraging me to make a bid for it . man u always managed to rise my spirit up

And we got it fairly early . in the time we got there , yes there was QQ about players and loot, nothing new under norrath sun .

Rampage could had keep going but for what, in the end it would had ended like tmo did or ib, was a popular decission? no it was not .

Tmo lost the core , yet people step up and tried to keep up. i was always pissed people did not gave credit to Fazlazen for the job he did when Darkdeath and zeelot went mia for months and guild lacked direction and the pwoer struggles btw some officers and loly going psycho. and still lasted for years , i respect hokushin call for it,He was a guild leader i respected as player and as person.(and when drunk he had a very funny voice wich i loved).

He did much better than Zeelot and in a good manner and with respect.

Back in the day i had a long talk with fingerz about duality of this game , u can be in a guild and think the other ones are shit or arses, then because destiny is a wild bitch u end in the other side and u found people are not as bad as ur mind make em to be.

And to be honest , after years having to take shit because of certain tmo players wanted to wave their cocks in rnf and mock other players i enjoyed the no rnf and forum drama of rampage the most ,

To make a example , the player wich leaked coldbloded pic , i loved that guy but i though it was one of the most disgusting shit i ever witnessed in a videogame .

Or that bda Freak calling alarti while on his job to insult him?.

Garanted i was the one calling aliens from another dimensions to screw over people , but some people realy crosed the line.

branamil
07-28-2017, 03:54 AM
7 year old video game drama.. I can't imagine anything less interesting. You might as well be arguing about who had the highest score in minesweeper

Mead
07-28-2017, 04:57 AM
Or that bda Freak calling alarti while on his job to insult him?.

Missed that one but got me smilin' hard now

Jesus I don't miss alarti on these forums

Jimjam
07-28-2017, 05:09 AM

herpaderp, prove it! :rolleyes:

What always amused me with this one was the fact 'alarti' is the Greek word for salt.

fadetree
07-28-2017, 08:17 AM
Wow, this is not in RNF yet. Good job, folks.

Naethyn
07-28-2017, 08:34 AM

I was in Rampage for the last 3 months and I looted 24 Velious raid items in my short stay. They showered new guys in loot - because they were getting it all! Last Looted Date was a big deal that played a large factor in winning vulak and other items. The people who went down that track didn't get jack, because they gambled for more. I could have cared less about my last looted date and went for every 2nd best option with 10-20 hp less per slot and ended up way ahead for it.

The raid scene eventually boils down to 5-7 guys doing all of the tracking work while everyone else logs in for a kill. People burn out when they think their own guildies aren't doing enough. This mentality was magnified when FTE races started on both sides of A/A (long after rampage was gone.) On top of that the raid rules changed multiple times and they always seemed to come down when the other side was losing the most.

zanderklocke
07-28-2017, 09:22 AM
Missed that one but got me smilin' hard now

Super weird that some guy actually called Alarti's work to harass him. Like wtf.

Freakish
07-28-2017, 09:49 AM
Super weird that some guy actually called Alarti's work to harass him. Like wtf.
Agreed. The RL attacks were over the line. Eccezan also got stalked.

kotton05
07-28-2017, 10:21 AM
herpaderp, prove it! :rolleyes:

What always amused me with this one was the fact 'alarti' is the Greek word for salt.

Remember that voicemail left at his work, "hey, are you raiding tonight"

SillyRanger
07-28-2017, 10:45 AM
"Main differences are that casual guilds really can get epics for their members now, excepting shit like warrior epic is still insanely competitive."

Add mage, wizard, cleric, shaman, shadow knight, paladin to that list of epics you can't get in a casual guild, unless you are willing to buy the MQ from the no life neckbeards that poop sock the spawns. Raiding targets are non-existent unless you no-life batphone this game. Cheers to your mom's basement.

Raavak
07-28-2017, 11:24 AM
Agreed. The RL attacks were over the line. Eccezan also got stalked.
RL attacks over what happens in a game is nuts.

Of course there are some, like back then there was some white trash guy posting on here and in Youtube, bragging and smack talking... I know he was tracked down too. He kind of asked for it when he put so much of himself out there almost daring people to come at him.

kotton05
07-28-2017, 11:37 AM
The eccezan blog was great to read when it was updated weekly.

skarlorn
07-28-2017, 12:42 PM
"excepting shit like warrior epic is still insanely competitive."

Add mage, wizard, cleric, shaman, shadow knight, paladin to that list of epics you can't get in a casual guild, unless you are willing to buy the MQ from the no life neckbeards that poop sock the spawns. Raiding targets are non-existent unless you no-life batphone this game. Cheers to your mom's basement.

you can definitely get cleric epic in a casual guild, probably paladin too, and I would even venture to guess Wizard can be had :)

Frieza_Prexus
07-28-2017, 06:03 PM
If there's one lesson to be learned, it's that outside forces almost never killed a raid guild. When they collapse its from the inside.

Baron Zemo was right.

MilanderTruewield
07-28-2017, 06:54 PM
Ragefire is a once-per-day spawn and is up uncontested a lot.

planeofdreams
07-28-2017, 08:03 PM
I've never been a raider on this server, but man, watching the raid scene on P99 has been one of my favorite forms of entertainment for years. I wish this were all on Netflix because its such a good story.

Keep up the good work guys. :)

Arteker
07-28-2017, 09:23 PM
If there's one lesson to be learned, it's that outside forces almost never killed a raid guild. When they collapse its from the inside.

Baron Zemo was right.

for me u will be always reed richards and ur bro doctor doom .

much lub xas

Arteker
07-28-2017, 09:32 PM

thats nothing, we got that girl wich was from sweden wich used to be in bda and joined tmo after ib left server . and she left game because Certain bda officer used her email to actualy send her dick picks . and stalked her facebook and other stuff,

ironys of the life when we got the attention to then unknow gm ambrotos , about what was going up he dismihed it as a joke. few days later , he and skarri were making jokes about it .

Acillaterm provided enough stuff to find who was the culprit . And he was Trained so much in vp he actualy ended with his human monk going to lvl 31 .

Swish
07-28-2017, 09:36 PM
thats nothing, we got that girl wich was from sweden wich used to be in bda and joined tmo after ib left server . and she left game because Certain bda officer used her email to actualy send her dick picks . and stalked her facebook and other stuff,

ironys of the life when we got the attention to then unknow gm ambrotos , about what was going up he dismihed it as a joke. few days later , he and skarri were making jokes about it .

Acillaterm provided enough stuff to find who was the culprit .

I feel like theres more to this story and it needs to be posted and the guy named.

Tiggles
08-06-2017, 11:04 AM
My favorite was when TMO was raid suspended and it was TR/IB(can't remember all the different raid guilds we crushed) was keeping all the dragons up in VP after the forced rotation to give them better spawn times.

Well Jeremy and I "convinced" Amelinda to overturn our raid suspension in the middle of the night with out posting on the forums so TMO swooped in did a full clear of VP in front of the opposing guilds trackers who basically laughed and thought we went insane and was going to eat a month long ban.

After we cleared it Amelinda announced we where unsuspended the the other guild almost immediately imploded.

Ravager
08-06-2017, 11:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCDXwOzG7fE

Pokesan
08-06-2017, 12:12 PM
My favorite was when TMO was raid suspended and it was TR/IB(can't remember all the different raid guilds we crushed) was keeping all the dragons up in VP after the forced rotation to give them better spawn times.

Well Jeremy and I "convinced" Amelinda to overturn our raid suspension in the middle of the night with out posting on the forums so TMO swooped in did a full clear of VP in front of the opposing guilds trackers who basically laughed and thought we went insane and was going to eat a month long ban.

After we cleared it Amelinda announced we where unsuspended the the other guild almost immediately imploded.

grats you cheated

Cecily
08-06-2017, 12:25 PM
grats you cheated

You'll never believe what IB did next!

Tiggles
08-06-2017, 01:38 PM
grats you cheated

Show me in the TOS where that is illegal

Jazzy
08-06-2017, 01:44 PM
How did red go for tmo?

Tiggles
08-06-2017, 01:50 PM
How did red go for tmo?

I enjoyed it

fadetree
08-06-2017, 04:49 PM
Wow, this reads like a soap opera.

Cecily
08-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Why they ban you?

Lhancelot
08-07-2017, 07:30 PM
And that's also exactly why Green should be made, where Kerafyrm is not able to be woken.

I hope they do this. In the next year. :p ^^^

kotton05
08-07-2017, 07:33 PM
Remember when zealot doctored those logs? I don't because he didn't... just everyone thought he did since no one thought a monk could fizzle a spell lol.

Brut
08-08-2017, 06:16 AM
Very happy that no more monk robes will enter server ever. Keep it awake thx.

It's not like you're missing out on some super exciting Warders encounter, just go fight Zlexak and you can duck AEs, it's the same routine.

always second fiddle to TMO
Lols.

branamil
08-08-2017, 01:10 PM
The sleeper should not have been able to be wakened. It's a permanent blemish on the server. What a crappy design: allowing players to alter the server permanently by eliminating content forever.

Lhancelot
08-08-2017, 01:15 PM
The sleeper should not have been able to be wakened. It's a permanent blemish on the server. What a crappy design: allowing players to alter the server permanently by eliminating content forever.

In some ways it gives the awakeners eternal glee in knowing they ruined the aspirations of future nerds on p99, to never having the Sleeper to look forward to or to experience themselves.

Guess everyone has to have something to claim as their identity.

loramin
08-08-2017, 01:32 PM

It was a terrible design on the original developers part ... which is exactly why they fixed it in Luclin to where you could still get the old content even after the Sleeper woke. With that fix I don't see it as a blemish, and in fact I think it's kind of cool that there's a way a highly motivated and organized group of players could have a permanent effect on the world/story.

Here I think there will be an entirely different solution. Green/recycle won't even get Velious and the Sleeper until the server only has a year or so left. It will probably take a few months after Velious is released before anyone can kill it, and then once they do it won't be long before the whole thing starts over and their great "permanent" accomplishment is erased.

Raavak
08-08-2017, 01:59 PM
What a crappy design: allowing players to alter the server permanently by eliminating content forever.Designed-in griefing. After all the guild fighting and griefing over other content its kind of stupid it was put in, and even worse that it was re-created here despite hindsight.

fan D
08-09-2017, 01:55 AM
Remember that voicemail left at his work, "hey, are you raiding tonight"

HAHA this just made me snortle hard at 2am, ty

Swish
08-09-2017, 02:02 AM

shit's_classic.gif though

branamil
08-09-2017, 02:35 AM
shit's_classic.gif though

Was it more classic or less classic when the Warders still spawned?

Swish
08-09-2017, 04:08 AM
Was it more classic or less classic when the Warders still spawned?

Are you saying the sleeper was never woke on your server when you played back in 2000-2001 ?

It was classic the way it played out on all servers including this one.

Dreenk317
08-09-2017, 05:17 AM
Are you saying the sleeper was never woke on your server when you played back in 2000-2001 ?

True, but by the time sleeper was killed on most live servers, PoP was long underway. Making the loss of the raid targets and the loot much less of a concern.

Raavak
08-09-2017, 11:11 AM
True, but by the time sleeper was killed on most live servers, PoP was long underway. Making the loss of the raid targets and the loot much less of a concern.
Yeah, that for sure. And "we" being on a server that stops expanding now... removing raid content and special items forevermore is dumb. And its not even close to the same as other "classic" changes, such as replacing rubicite with class quest armor.

If someone were looking for an Everquest emulator and wanted to experience all of EQ, or wanted a primal longsword, or gnome mask, SoD, or whatever you are not going to consider P99. Same with people (ahem, me) who might have wanted to play again some day. I'd rather invest my time elsewhere where I can enjoy such things.

Lhancelot
08-09-2017, 11:21 AM
I'd rather invest my time elsewhere where I can enjoy such things.

I enjoyed reading the defensive comments made by some of the guys that awakened the Sleeper here.

One guy really wanted to make it sound as if that was truly the last feather in his cap he needed for life, to wake the sleeper. Once done, p99 served him no more purpose.

For this type of mentality and behavior they probably would have been better off making the Sleeper unable to be wakened on p99.

I just couldn't help but to think he came off extremely selfish and conceited.

I talked with one original member of Rampage, and he expressed they had internal guild issues that were becoming toxic, and that before the guild blew up, many of them basically had no interest in joining or creating another raid guild. So this was like giving the server a giant middle-finger before exiting p99. Wake the sleeper, then quit p99. Mission accomplished.

Dreenk317
08-09-2017, 11:52 AM
And with the amount of non classic changes they have already made. Just reset it and let everyone have there fun.

turbosilk
08-09-2017, 12:07 PM

It wasn't awoken then on Tunare because the raid guilds there weren't trying to screw each and others over

Arteker
08-11-2017, 09:28 PM
It wasn't awoken then on Tunare because the raid guilds there weren't trying to screw each and others over

i woke it in solusek ro , to actualys crew over another guild wich tried to race agaisnt us.

i woke it in antonious bayle after server has been up for only 5 hours .luclin launch .

and finnaly wake it up in stormhammer upon gm to a lore event , end days of luclin.

Arteker
08-11-2017, 11:13 PM
D D D D Durison....Tho I don't think he got banned.

TMO leadership then tried to cover it up but it all leaked out. Pretty sure someone ending up buying Durison the toon for plat (it was legal back then) and changed its surname to something funny and afked it in the EC tunnel.

He rmted his wife's druid Fefifofum along with 100,000s of stolen items/plat from shared accounts within the guild.

Pretty sure he rmted off to buy DJ gear or some shit. Because he was goinf to become some legendary DJ.

Caught lying again, Jerhhhmayey.

cover it up? Durison rmt and steal was public in 24 hours , loly was spaming ventrilo for hours about it,

alot of rmt users did got unbanned after some time , jesus CE was on his monk just 7 months after he got banned for rmt doing bussines as usual while tagged in BDA and making fun of skarry while still selling rogue epics mqs .

Cecily
08-12-2017, 12:24 AM
Also in my short time on blue all I remember from the raid scene was TMO hogging all targets...

So mad for so long after such a short stay. Love it.

Pokesan
08-12-2017, 12:34 AM
So mad for so long after such a short stay. Love it.

thats farzo. hes gay. (((and australian)))

Swish
08-12-2017, 07:29 AM
cover it up? Durison rmt and steal was public in 24 hours , loly was spaming ventrilo for hours about it,

alot of rmt users did got unbanned after some time , jesus CE was on his monk just 7 months after he got banned for rmt doing bussines as usual while tagged in BDA and making fun of skarry while still selling rogue epics mqs .

Rotten to the core after 2012ish, then to add to that they stomped their feet and left because Uncle Sirken wouldn't let them have their own ringfenced pixels in Velious after abusing the management of the Kunark rotation.

Now they're on a declining pop server heading to oblivion together, here's a visualization if anyone needs one >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCDKJQ3Z8bU

It's quite fitting ^^

Ravager
08-12-2017, 09:24 AM
mass GM deleveling of TMO toons for MQ use
Imagine how different this server might be if everyone who used MQ were banned outright.

Arteker
08-12-2017, 09:34 AM
Yah they tried because it was pretty much right after the mass GM deleveling of TMO toons for MQ use so they didnt want it breaking that one of their officers was mass RMTing off the server most of which was stolen gear/plat.

All I know is or remember is that his toon and his wife's tokn changed hands via plat purchases afterwards too then I think Fefifofum got banned along the line.

I left for eqmac at this point so the blue99 fest was kinda history.

Edit: heck I wasnt even in a raid guild and I knew this stuff.
u confused as fuck, the guild wich got mass deleveling was not tmo but ib, infamous perun draw a map excuse video. wich infact did helped tmo alot , since it happened shorly after the nerf to skyfire bard aoe pulls.

Even as far it comes durison was kicked of tmo after 2week of merger with tmo+da. exactly for that . he run away with a donalds bp .Tmo infact was struggling agaisnt TR at that momment, durison was there for our first upon merger trak kill and run to rmt shortly afterwards

Arteker
08-12-2017, 09:36 AM
Rotten to the core after 2012ish, then to add to that they stomped their feet and left because Uncle Sirken wouldn't let them have their own ringfenced pixels in Velious after abusing the management of the Kunark rotation.

Now they're on a declining pop server heading to oblivion together, here's a visualization if anyone needs one >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCDKJQ3Z8bU

It's quite fitting ^^

As far i recall BDA was the one caught with more people using mq and show eq back in the first ban wave upon kunark release , and if i remember the numbers were posted by rogean in forums , tmo got 2 baned , while bda got 37.and peace pipe was obliterated

Cecily
08-12-2017, 10:52 AM
Yeah I have no idea who/what Swish is talking about.

Lhancelot
08-12-2017, 12:17 PM
Yeah I have no idea who/what Swish is talking about.

Smurfette :(

Pescador
08-12-2017, 12:31 PM
I do remember after the mass MQ ban TMO got a bunch of uncontested targets because so many IB (or was it TR at that point?) were deleveled. I was actually pretty curious to see who from TMO was hit and I remember being pleasantly surprised to see that most or all of the senior members were not involved. Zee, Loly, Marley, Eccezan, Alarti, etc. So you can say what you will about them or TMO but at least they were not MQing, (or managed to not get caught...)

There were definitely a few non-officer TMO who got deleveled, but I remember a lot of gloating in ventrilo when we got a bunch of free targets after the server repop, since the core raiders were essentially untouched while TR had several of their senior members (particularly their pullers who were always snagging FTE) deleveled.

Dreenk317
08-12-2017, 12:32 PM
I do remember after the mass MQ ban TMO got a bunch of uncontested targets because so many IB (or was it TR at that point?) were deleveled. I was actually pretty curious to see who from TMO was hit and I remember being pleasantly surprised to see that most or all of the senior members were not involved. Zee, Loly, Marley, Eccezan, Alarti, etc. So you can say what you will about them or TMO but at least they were not MQing, (or managed to not get caught...)

There were definitely a few non-officer TMO who got deleveled, but I remember a lot of gloating in ventrilo when we got a bunch of free targets after the server repop, since the core raiders were essentially untouched while TR had several of their senior members (particularly their pullers who were always snagging FTE) deleveled.

Dirty dirty MQ'ers. Need to be more sneaky, like all the people selling jboots.

Ravager
08-12-2017, 12:39 PM
As far i recall BDA was the one caught with more people using mq and show eq back in the first ban wave upon kunark release , and if i remember the numbers were posted by rogean in forums , tmo got 2 baned , while bda got 37.and peace pipe was obliterated I can't find that post. Can you please link?

Cecily
08-12-2017, 12:51 PM
Those numbers sound right to me. People really wanted TMO to be the evil cheaters they thought we were, but quite simply we didn't have to. Especially when it came to RMT. We didn't have to. The stuff you'd want to buy we got for free. I spent like 200k on tailoring because there wasn't anything left to purchase for my 3 characters.

Brut
08-12-2017, 12:54 PM
Thread needs that old screenshot from TMO forums where one of the officers warned everyone that next patch had some files in it that might detect showEQ/macroquest.

Ravager
08-12-2017, 12:55 PM
Sounding right isn't the same as being right.

Cecily
08-12-2017, 01:26 PM
True, but I am right so there's that. HUUUUGE number of BDA compared to a very small number of TMO got hit in that ban wave is the bullet point.

Pescador
08-12-2017, 01:36 PM
Thread needs that old screenshot from TMO forums where one of the officers warned everyone that next patch had some files in it that might detect showEQ/macroquest.

We heard this deflection a lot, but I can tell you (not that my word will convince anyone) that this isn't true, at least not for non-officers. If you remember, after the patch went live, a bunch of threads appeared on these very forums because a bunch of people's anti-viruses starting alerting them of the new file(s) and everyone was concerned about spyware, viruses, etc. There was a thread about it on the TMO forums (I think myself or some other members even posted screenshots of the discussion in the thread where everyone was just worried about viruses or keyloggers), there were a bunch of threads about it here, and it wasn't some secret. The new files were huge news and everyone was talking about it. Anyways, I can't remember ever getting any sort of warning *before* the patch dropped, because I clearly remember ventrilo and guildchat exploding as everyone's antivirus was trying to delete patch files :)

Arteker
08-12-2017, 01:38 PM

Honestly brut, im going to give u a name, Svenn , he was caught try boxing in chardok , he was the dude and his 3 tons got the ban , kicked outta tmo, i do think he later sold it to that dude from a team wich used to main it .

delvled guys, i know sworen got deleved for what tortue did with his cleric . but it was eventualy fixed .

i know kyry was delevled aswell, although i always though it was for calling XXXXX to rogean in the face .
edit i forgot Qados the enchanter got delved suposed for cheating into the road of 60 , he made then another enchanter i believe qadosx . if i recall under that charm spell wich did never broke at all at early kunark

Arteker
08-12-2017, 01:40 PM
We heard this deflection a lot, but I can tell you (not that my word will convince anyone) that this isn't true, at least not for non-officers. If you remember, after the patch went live, a bunch of threads appeared on these very forums because a bunch of people's anti-viruses starting alerting them of the new file(s) and everyone was concerned about spyware, viruses, etc. There was a thread about it on the TMO forums (I think myself or some other members even posted screenshots of the discussion in the thread where everyone was just worried about viruses or keyloggers), there were a bunch of threads about it here, and it wasn't some secret. The new files were huge news and everyone was talking about it. Anyways, I can't remember ever getting any sort of warning *before* the patch dropped, because I clearly remember ventrilo and guildchat exploding as everyone's antivirus was trying to delete patch files :)

Actualy the only talk there was was when i asked loly about the files because my spyware program was flashing like crazy and shuttin down p99 and i could not log. i posted it in old forums and was when loly made the comment and he told everyone what was it. he may be a drunk at that time but the dude knew serious program code and shit.
Btw hi pescador , long long long time .< Andromeda if u remember me.

sofa king
08-12-2017, 02:40 PM
Who cares what the server was like? This thread reeks of only think about eq in my free time

Mytral
08-12-2017, 03:10 PM
Who cares what the server was like?

I do. That's why I asked.

Pescador
08-12-2017, 05:40 PM
Actualy the only talk there was was when i asked loly about the files because my spyware program was flashing like crazy and shuttin down p99 and i could not log. i posted it in old forums and was when loly made the comment and he told everyone what was it. he may be a drunk at that time but the dude knew serious program code and shit.
Btw hi pescador , long long long time .< Andromeda if u remember me.
Oh man, thanks for the blast from the past! I am still shaking off the rust from a 5-6 year break and this thread was the perfect opportunity to reminisce. I see that some drama is timeless :) that's what makes EQ so great!

Axlrose
08-13-2017, 01:01 AM
An interesting thread - always nice to read about history.

The only downfall has been I have read about very similar events on other EverQuest servers. Has there ever been a server where one or more of the top guilds were not accused and caught exploiting bugs, RMTing, and one or more "infamous" people walking off with the guild's stash of loot?

I remember this same stuff happening back when Live was young. As the old saying is said for studying history that it is liable to repeat itself, nothing has changed except for the names of the players, and their guild tags.

fastboy21
08-30-2017, 02:53 AM
I can't read all 13 pages...

Has anyone brought up the infamous live stream (I think it was Tiggles) where Rogean went head to head with the "hacker" (systolic? I forget his name)....that was some damn good drama for weeks on end...probably the most watched Twitch stream in p99 history.

Swish
08-30-2017, 03:27 AM
As far i recall BDA was the one caught with more people using mq and show eq back in the first ban wave upon kunark release , and if i remember the numbers were posted by rogean in forums , tmo got 2 baned , while bda got 37.and peace pipe was obliterated

:eek:

Peacocky
08-30-2017, 08:16 AM
2 years into Kunark, Shadows of Luclin was release within halfway to Plane Of Power.

SoL pretty much killed the EQ classic.

http://i.imgur.com/TZSxF.gif

zanderklocke
08-30-2017, 10:20 AM
TMO got 4 people hit in the great purge that I know of - all were removed from the guild.

Svenn, Gzngahr, Epicly, and Heroleeofcub. Afterwards Svenn tried to pretend he was someone else who bought the account.

What Brut said isn't accurate either - the anti-cheat was recognized well after the fact. The screenshot of Loly's insanity was taken out of context.

You all got rekt by TMO across the board - SUCK IT

Svenn then beat Jeremy in shaman Best of the Best. :p