PDA

View Full Version : looking for help in Kedge Keep

khenn
07-24-2017, 08:27 PM
Hello , i'm Dyena 51 paladin , i'm looking for help to get my last piece a Dusty Old Finger Bones that is a ground spawn in Phiny's room , if you are doing Phiny for epic or doing the same part se if i'm online (euro time) i could just follow you or join no loot needed just the item for my spell quest

Thank in advance and see you in game

Enjoy P99

Legidias
07-25-2017, 12:07 PM
youll have to already be in zone as hes socked pretty quick on spawn

Bummey
07-25-2017, 03:43 PM
youll have to already be in zone as hes socked pretty quick on spawn

Phinny is a 12 hour respawn, so you'll have to camp at the ledge above his spawn (with an enduring breath item so you don't drown) and play an alt while constantly typing /who all kedge to peep the zone population. If you see two or three magicians, or a 1-3 awakened/aftermath/rustle, phinny is gettin' killed. Since you need to be there BEFORE engage in order to swim down while the guardian seahorses are being pulled away, and swim back out before they return, you'll have to be quick like to get there in time. The people killing phinny may stay behind to help you get the bone afterwards, if you show up after engage, but don't count on the kindness of poopsockers. :|

They people killing him may be /anon or /role, too, which makes out of zone /who all queries unreliable. But if you can find the time he was last killed you can anticipate his spawn and sit there in wait of the kill crew.

kempoguy80
07-25-2017, 04:24 PM
if Phinny isn't up I'd be glad to train the the seahorse guardians away so you can swim down and get the ground spawn. I can even coth you to phinny's room if you don't know the way. Feel free to PM me here or look up lilmag / Johrei in game I normally play around 11pm central during the week though.

Crashking
07-25-2017, 05:39 PM
Nice to see that a player can ask for some help and get good advice or a person willing to assist without getting trolled/flamed! Good for you that posted way to make 99 a great community! I was thinking the same thing here Kempoguy80 just train things away, a quick in and out job, though i have yet to really do much in Kedge so I don't know the zone well. I might be able to come assist in getting everyone out in a blink as you being able to bring folks down is some real nice magic you have there.

Not to go all off topic and don't want thread to do so but could use some help with stuff i need to do in Kedge as well but have been avoiding doing so mainly because I'd rather have a real EB item before I go in for a long camp session. (Not disclosing my needs to keep thread focused).

Ketu Garyx
07-25-2017, 05:48 PM
I'll hit you up next time Auld Lang Syne does Phinny, if our Paladin (single) doesn't need it.

Sadiki
07-25-2017, 06:03 PM
Even if you don't find Phinny being killed, a wizard (or maybe a monk) might be willing to train the horses away for you anyways.

Bummey
07-25-2017, 10:43 PM
if Phinny isn't up I'd be glad to train the the seahorse guardians away so you can swim down and get the ground spawn. I can even coth you to phinny's room if you don't know the way. Feel free to PM me here or look up lilmag / Johrei in game I normally play around 11pm central during the week though.

Hahaha what kind of idiot am I that this didn't occur to me? I'd be happy to help OP with this, too. I'll look for you in game.

Bruno
07-26-2017, 03:20 AM
If you didn't get it done lmk I can help you out with this.

Cecily
07-26-2017, 07:20 AM
Could DA bomb the piece and drag your corpse later.

Murri
07-26-2017, 07:42 AM
time server ticks and pass by the seahorses!

Rygar
07-26-2017, 08:47 AM
Unrelated question: How often does that Enchanter rod drop off Phinny, is it rot status usually? I wouldn't mind it on my lowbie enchanter for some future solo challenge.

Lotxi
07-26-2017, 09:43 AM
Unrelated question: How often does that Enchanter rod drop off Phinny, is it rot status usually? I wouldn't mind it on my lowbie enchanter for some future solo challenge.

It often rots since it's usually just a couple pet classes killing Phinny but it doesn't drop that reliably. I've seen it drop maybe 3-4 times out of 15+ killls

Bummey
07-26-2017, 12:12 PM
It often rots since it's usually just a couple pet classes killing Phinny but it doesn't drop that reliably. I've seen it drop maybe 3-4 times out of 15+ killls

Alternatively, that damn rod drops all the time for me. Sometimes multiple drops per kill.

khenn
07-26-2017, 06:54 PM
Finaly got the finger from Phinny room ! Many thanks to Bummey and his druid thanks too Vaelaen , Rhgar and others that i missed the named on duid ring in WC for help to kill the last mob !

Thanks again people on P99 , nice to see people have time to help others , i will do the same if you need any help let me know , i wome to help too

Dyena Blackorchid
51 cavalier of Tunare

Bummey
07-26-2017, 08:42 PM
Another reminder that the wiki is indeed a wiki and anyone can edit it when they find incorrect info. I just did, twice! We almost didn't get it done today due to baaaaad info.