PDA

View Full Version : newbie with q's about server

wintersedge3
02-19-2011, 04:03 PM
HI,
I've been thinking of switching over for a while now and I've read a bit about this and I think its awesome. I've tried the currunt eq I found out if I turn off the new graphics for barbarian male I can see my polar bear hat woohoo lol, but I miss my old spell effects.
Does this server project1999 use the old or new graphics?
Do you guys have the classic EQ spell effects or the new ones?
If have the old school cd's of just eq with only the kunark expansion laying around will that work for your server?
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
Are all leprechauns evil?
I figure since i'm asking questions you might get often I would through a couple in that might give you a slight smile.
Please get back to me, me and my little brother and even our cousin are all considering this and if you have the old spell effects and old graphics (fat one big eye one little eye troll and old school spells for my barbarian shaman) I cant wait to join you guys even if I get killed every day.
Thank you for enduring my questions.
Good Journey and Happy Hunting to all.
Thanks,
wintersedge3 (the only one crazy enough to love halas everfrost peaks and permafrost)

DetroitVelvetSmooth
02-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Dude, read the faq's and shit.

wooticcus93
02-19-2011, 04:27 PM

zeik
02-19-2011, 05:04 PM
hehe i actually asked those questions my self the other day, and i dont blame u for asking i couldnt find the answers on the forum's anywhere myself. but the answers i have gotten is that all old models and old spell effects.. only model in question is old model of darkbone skellie, i am told they cant find the code so its not old.

wintersedge3
02-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Thank you yeah I actaully did try to find the answers before posting and couldnt just like you. Thanks again for getting back to me. I'll see you guys online soon :)
Wait one thing.... so it's true all leprechauns are evil...damn I gotta i knew I should have left that pot of gold alone. TTYL
A grateful young shaman

DetroitVelvetSmooth
02-19-2011, 05:25 PM
I googled eq 1999 spell effect graphics and found a thread on what you were asking about. Use google to search forums, not the search bar within the forums.

Orov
02-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Can't use those CD's. Has to be Titanium Edition un-patched. How you go about getting it is your own business.

eqdruid76
02-20-2011, 07:52 PM
HI,
I've been thinking of switching over for a while now and I've read a bit about this and I think its awesome. I've tried the currunt eq I found out if I turn off the new graphics for barbarian male I can see my polar bear hat woohoo lol, but I miss my old spell effects.
Does this server project1999 use the old or new graphics?

old graphics, with the understanding that Luclin models will never be available
Do you guys have the classic EQ spell effects or the new ones?

classic
If have the old school cd's of just eq with only the kunark expansion laying around will that work for your server?

You'll probably need Titanium
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
Are all leprechauns evil?
I figure since i'm asking questions you might get often I would through a couple in that might give you a slight smile.
Please get back to me, me and my little brother and even our cousin are all considering this and if you have the old spell effects and old graphics (fat one big eye one little eye troll and old school spells for my barbarian shaman) I cant wait to join you guys even if I get killed every day.
Thank you for enduring my questions.
Good Journey and Happy Hunting to all.
Thanks,
wintersedge3 (the only one crazy enough to love halas everfrost peaks and permafrost)

Only other thing I'll add is this. You seem like a decent guy. Unless you have an incredibly thick skin, you won't enjoy Project1999 very much. The playerbase, the GMS and the developers are ALL jaded pricks. Think of Mos Eisley from Star Wars, and imagine that all those cantina creatures were people who were banned from live Everquest for flagrant exploiting, kill-stealing, harrassment, and refusing to adhere to the EULA, and you'll get a fairly good mental image of exactly what to expect on P99. There are some good people in the mix, but they're not at all "vocal".

So your mileage may vary. Good luck

porigromus
02-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Only other thing I'll add is this. You seem like a decent guy. Unless you have an incredibly thick skin, you won't enjoy Project1999 very much. The playerbase, the GMS and the developers are ALL jaded pricks. Think of Mos Eisley from Star Wars, and imagine that all those cantina creatures were people who were banned from live Everquest for flagrant exploiting, kill-stealing, harrassment, and refusing to adhere to the EULA, and you'll get a fairly good mental image of exactly what to expect on P99. There are some good people in the mix, but they're not at all "vocal".

This guy must be on a different server than I am. :confused:

draogan
02-20-2011, 09:26 PM
This guy must be on a different server than I am. :confused:

I'll second that. Granted, I'm in grad school and therefore a "casual" gamer (sorta a funny change from when I was so hardcore back in classic), but in 30 or so levels I've found the server to be very friendly and never interacted with the devs. I stay off the forum for the most part, but I've never seen anything egregious.

Granted, the dev team isn't quite as PC as if they worked for a major corporation... if people talk shit, they get shit back. But overall, it's a great place and I highly recommend it.

That said, if you plan to be a hardcore raider, talk to somebody else... dunno what issues may exist on that end.

MaSQue
02-20-2011, 09:47 PM
I have not met one person that has been rude so far. I am sure one day i will but so far everyone has been awesome.

Swindle
02-20-2011, 11:10 PM
The forums are not the best reflection of the server. Most folks are very helpful.

Humerox
02-21-2011, 12:54 AM

End game is nuts, but Kunark should roll out long before anyone new gets 50.

Most people in the game are nice.

:D

Spewys
02-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Most of the jerks on these forums probably don't even log. Like he said don't let the forums be a reflection of what actually happens on the server. Good luck.