PDA

View Full Version : Bazzt Bzzt supposed to proc Cazic Touch?

Byrjun
07-25-2017, 09:57 AM
I found this interesting, and it may apply to P99.

On the current EQLive progression servers, players were complaining of Bazzt Bzzt in PoSky randomly hitting players for 110,000 damage.

A dev (Prathun) finally responded to one of the multiple topics about this and said,

Bazzt Zzzt procs Cazic Touch at a low % chance. Checked the Mac server and the data is the same. This appears to be working as designed.

This was really interesting to me since I never remember Bazzt Bzzt having this ability, and I would think that players would have been aware of a Death Touch proc on a classic mob until just recently. But, according to Prathun this behavior has existed since PoP and perhaps since always.

Jimjam
07-25-2017, 10:52 AM
This is very interesting, it does explain why these mob were reputed to have such dangerous damage spikes!

Alanus
07-25-2017, 11:51 AM
I remember Bazzt Zzzt procing death touch. On live, death touch is now 110k

Nibblewitz
07-25-2017, 11:53 AM
So, there's only one mob in sky that has a timed DT and a procced DT?

Erati
07-25-2017, 11:55 AM
does the Queen Bee still 'cast' DT every 30 sec in addition to this being a 'proc'?

or is the castable DT ( which is called Cazic Touch for all NPCS ) randomly replaced with a proc

Malk
07-25-2017, 12:01 PM
All island bosses from the 4th island and upwards have the cazic touch ability. There seems to be a different % rate depending on the boss, the 5th island one having the highest rate according to my guesstimation.

Byrjun
07-25-2017, 12:47 PM
All island bosses from the 4th island and upwards have the cazic touch ability. There seems to be a different % rate depending on the boss, the 5th island one having the highest rate according to my guesstimation.

Yeah, we know that, we've all done Sky. But we're talking about a DT proc specifically on Bazzt Bzzt, not the normal DT abilities that the island 4+ bosses have.

does the Queen Bee still 'cast' DT every 30 sec in addition to this being a 'proc'?

or is the castable DT ( which is called Cazic Touch for all NPCS ) randomly replaced with a proc

On EQLive Bazzt Bzzt does the normal DT every ~45 seconds, and also randomly procs a DT. Players were further confused and assumed this was a bug because sometimes the message would say Bazzt Bzzt stings you for 110,000 points of damage, and sometimes it would say You have taken 110,000 points of non-melee damage. It seems like there may be another bug on live where the game uses the wrong text in the combat log. To futher mix things up (EQLive is a real mess lately), you can see what spell a mob is casting now. So most mobs that DT will say "Innoruuk begins to cast a spell <Cazic Touch>" - but some mobs for some reason don't report that. Master Yael was one we discovered, and apparently Bazzt Bzzt is another. So players had no idea it was even a DT, since the spell cast isn't reported correctly in the log. To make things even more complicated, when Lady Vox summons a pet via Mistwalker, the pet is supposed to hit itself for 20,000 damage after a few seconds to despawn it, but instead the NPC pets hit the player for 20,000 damage. Since there's so many of these crazy game-breaking bugs kicking around, it wasn't really unusual for players to see Bazzt Bzzt randomly melee for 110,000 damage and assume it was a bug, not a DT.

The interesting thing to me is that I've done the Bazzt Bzzt fight several times during all different eras of EQ and have never heard of her proccing a DT. You would think one observant tank out there would have noticed at some point in their logs that they took DT-like damage outside of the normal DT cycle. I've read some guides and see no mention of this. Does anyone remember Bazzt Bzzt actually proccing a DT?

This is further evidenced by all the recent threads/complaints about this "random" 110,000 damage that Bazzt Bzzt sometimes does. These are players who have done these fights numerous times in the past - if we knew that she could proc a DT, why is everyone suddenly so surprised by this ability on the most recent progression servers?

It's like, I don't want to believe Prathun is lying, because what reason would he have to do that? Just because they don't know how how to fix the bug? That seems really unlikely. But it also seems unlikely (although I guess more likely) that players somehow went 18 years without noticing or documenting this ability.

If Bazzt Bzzt has always had this ability (and if it's true that this is how she's scripted on Al'Kabor, it's highly likely that she's always had this ability) - can anyone find mention of it at all, anywhere? Because if that evidence is found, then the encounter would need to be updated here on P99.

On a side note, just how sadistic was the dev who designed this mob? EQ didn't see a more difficult encounter until late-game Velious raiding.

maskedmelonpai
07-25-2017, 12:56 PM
dbg tryin' to stiffen things up to better satisfy they classic lovers. not classic though :c

fiveeauxfour
07-25-2017, 12:58 PM
this boss has always been a bizzztch, and its gunna get worse!?!?

Nibblewitz
07-25-2017, 01:13 PM
Any evidence, besides the non-classic 110lk Cazic Touch?

Working as intended.

dude
07-25-2017, 01:31 PM
Ranja Down :0

skarlorn
07-25-2017, 01:32 PM
this thread reminds me of how shitty plane of sky raids are.

sorry nibble..