PDA

View Full Version : (prenerf) Circlet of Shadow Market Speculation

skarlorn
07-31-2017, 02:37 PM
These are currently sitting hard at 10k.

My current analysis is that it's going to take a year or two for these puppies to have any significant change in cost (that's also contingent on Green ServerTM not showing up and crippling the blue pop)

As it stands, CoS was one of the most heavily farmed items on p99. There are probably tens of thousands of these suckers in existence, since everyone knew they'd be much more valuable once Velious dropped.

So if you think about how many of these exist, versus the demand (people who roll alts and the occasional new player who actually gets to a point where they can afford to drop 10k on a single item), it seems like the oversaturation will keep the price from rising any further, barring an artificial market inflation scheme.

The only way CoS will actually go out of existence is when people stop playing the CoS they have banked on EC toon/banker alts will just sit there in pixel purgatory.

tl;dr CoS at 10k. Do you think they will go up far from there?

jolanar
07-31-2017, 02:40 PM
Tens of thousands? That seems unlikely.

One thing is for sure, they price isn't going anywhere but up.

skarlorn
07-31-2017, 02:49 PM
You're right, i just did the math and it couldn't be more than about 5k.

Alanus
07-31-2017, 02:53 PM
It won't go down, that's for sure. Necro is a pretty common class and it's a pretty fundamental necro item.

But with how many were farmed, I doubt that it'll go up all that much for a while.

Darkatar
07-31-2017, 03:37 PM
tl;dr CoS at 10k. Do you think they will go up far from there?

I think they'll break 20k after another year

skarlorn
07-31-2017, 03:41 PM
I think they'll break 20k after another year

nice nice nice

I've got a prenerf CoS myself but just holding onto it on the offchance that i ever make an SK / Necro.

It would be amazing to see them hit this high value. Imagine being able to trade the CoS for a fungi lol

shuklak
07-31-2017, 03:44 PM
One day i hope to pass my cos down to my grandkids.

maskedmelonpai
07-31-2017, 03:47 PM
I got one on red, where it super amazing. maybe it not actually, but gosh it sure seemed that way to me when i seen a ogre with it bound to his movement key warping in an out of spacetime like the Flash. it was pretty cool and reason why I bought one :3

i don't think they go up in price neither unless everyone get tired of not being able to sell them at 10k and just let them in they bank and forget about it.

we need market value driven fixed asset taxes on p99 to correct that sorta behavior.

Cecily
07-31-2017, 04:05 PM
Need Schinkiccarsus' perspective on this.

DayForz
07-31-2017, 05:00 PM
I think it was last weekend I saw an auction of someone trying to sell one for 17k which seemed rather extreme. They do seem to be slowly trending up; seems like most auctions I see with prices are in the 10-12k range. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside that I bought mine for 8k several months ago.

Mead
07-31-2017, 05:10 PM
100% profit in a year wouldn't be a bad investment. Better than my plat sitting in a freeport savings account. I own one. Might have to own another.

Triiz
07-31-2017, 06:14 PM
I think it was last weekend I saw an auction of someone trying to sell one for 17k which seemed rather extreme. They do seem to be slowly trending up; seems like most auctions I see with prices are in the 10-12k range. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside that I bought mine for 8k several months ago.

This is how the fat cats manipulate shit up. Auction it for 17k from multiple different toons constantly for a while, then log on another toon and auction it for 14-15k. Some poor schmuck will buy it thinking he's getting a deal "I've seen em going for 17k lately!"

Not related to CoS, but it's funny to watch people speculate on shit that still drops. Bet the people that paid 50k+ for a T-Staff 6 months ago are really enjoying the return on their investment since "the patch is coming any day now!" (6 months ago).

It may be temporary, but the server population has taken a pretty significant drop lately. There's almost always at least 200 fewer people online than there used to be during the hours I play. A general rule of thumb is nothing that still drops should be going up in price unless it's impacted by a patch. T-Staff will eventually be impacted by a patch, but price nearly doubling over night was still absurd. Not like monk triple attack patch was a secret on this 18 year old game.

schnickusaurus
07-31-2017, 07:04 PM
the new server will double the current price for sure, and the huge amount here will pressure the price lower on new server. My guess is 50-75k on new server 15-25k on this server. The closer the merge the closer to 40-50k this item gets on blue1. Up from 2k per CoS this becomes the very best investment even better than elder beads. Ive written it before ie that CoS is and will keep being the best % investment ever on p99. Necro/SK> all so no need to mention the demand;) i got 8x CoS still and will try sell them at 40-50k after server merge. Selling now is really the worst thing you can do unless you have a good chance at using that plat better. Id still prefer a safe investment over a risky. Soon 15k so dont worry if you bought one at 15k right after the removal happened.

Nuggie
07-31-2017, 07:47 PM
I know a guy with 20 of them banked waiting for price spike. I think Pantheon will launch first. I only have one spare, like someone mentioned above, incase me grandkid (I dont hAve any yet) wants to play some day.

branamil
07-31-2017, 07:54 PM
the new server will double the current price for sure, and the huge amount here will pressure the price lower on new server. My guess is 50-75k on new server 15-25k on this server. The closer the merge the closer to 40-50k this item gets on blue1. Up from 2k per CoS this becomes the very best investment even better than elder beads. Ive written it before ie that CoS is and will keep being the best % investment ever on p99. Necro/SK> all so no need to mention the demand;) i got 8x CoS still and will try sell them at 40-50k after server merge. Selling now is really the worst thing you can do unless you have a good chance at using that plat better. Id still prefer a safe investment over a risky. Soon 15k so dont worry if you bought one at 15k right after the removal happened.

You're like a guy in 1907 investing in horse whips.

Swish
07-31-2017, 09:25 PM
Lol @ you nerds and your marketing analysis of a prenerfed CoS 1 year from now....

skarlorn
07-31-2017, 09:56 PM
Maybe you should make a thread about Red Server, Swish...

Oh, wait :rolleyes:

Gumbo
07-31-2017, 09:59 PM
Why is it if I tell anyone or post and say that my Necro is level 53 and I don't have a COS. They act like it's the end of the world because I'm playing a Necro and dare not have a COS?

As for the current prices... They are selling for 10-12K but they are all being sold by the same five sellers so anyone can jack the prices up.

Erati
08-01-2017, 09:53 AM
oh snap I didnt even know they were 10K now

I need to find my last one left and dust it off

Troxx
08-01-2017, 11:08 AM
I doubt they will go down from 10k. I bet they will slowly creep up ... but i have no pony in this race. My necro has one and I don't have any extra to sell.

Ravager
08-01-2017, 11:17 AM
Need Schinkiccarsus' perspective on this.

He'll tell you the market is about to crash on them because of the new server coming, and offer to take them off your hands for 2k, but then turn around and sell them for 15k in the tunnel.

Lhancelot
08-01-2017, 11:54 AM
I don't see the price changing much. they bounce from 8-10k and have done this for 2 years now? For them to increase in value, I suspect many years will have to pass.

Bristlebaner
08-01-2017, 01:30 PM
20K IN 6 MONTHS. MARK MY WORDS!

aaezil
08-01-2017, 01:51 PM
Prices will only ever go up (for useful/in demand items) unless server population takes a serious nose dive. Very few plat sinks on the server for most classes - so more and more plat is being created and stored in bank vaults.

azeth
08-01-2017, 01:57 PM
Prices will only ever go up (for useful/in demand items) unless server population takes a serious nose dive. Very few plat sinks on the server for most classes - so more and more plat is being created and stored in bank vaults.

^ this

At this point in the server the only future for the economy is determined by when and if the belief in the 'working system' keeps encouraging EC interactions.

Assuming most of us are US citizens, if 2 nuclear bombs took out NYC and LA... the world's not over, but do you go into work tomorrow? How about Boston, NYC, LA and DC? At what point do you look at the dollar bill and doubt its value.

Pokesan
08-01-2017, 03:13 PM
^ this

At this point in the server the only future for the economy is determined by when and if the belief in the 'working system' keeps encouraging EC interactions.

Assuming most of us are US citizens, if 2 nuclear bombs took out NYC and LA... the world's not over, but do you go into work tomorrow? How about Boston, NYC, LA and DC? At what point do you look at the dollar bill and doubt its value.

embarassing post about analog currency

Baler
08-01-2017, 04:03 PM
I have one and it's not for sale.

skarlorn
08-01-2017, 04:06 PM
I have one and it's not for sale.

http://i.imgur.com/217ncqV.gif

Swish
08-02-2017, 12:49 AM
These threads are bad and posting in them to change prices is the lowest thing a fat cat can do :(

skarlorn
08-02-2017, 12:51 AM
Swish please take your bad attitude and trolling back to RNF :)

Swish
08-02-2017, 01:11 AM
There's no trolling here. We've seen these before - using the forums (outside of the EC forum) to create discussions about price rises.

These threads hurt new players the most, perhaps unintentionally. If Lhanchehelot said it you wouldn't call it trolling... :)

skarlorn
08-02-2017, 01:30 AM
Actually this is called creating a discussion for the sake of discussion. Has nothing to do with market manipulation, I'm curious what people think. I have roughly 10k plat to my name and don't play EC.

Sorry everything has to be a conspiracy to you bud. Hope you can get a grip or else I may ignore you just to avoid seeing this sort of garbage.

Jimjam
08-02-2017, 02:00 AM
An incredibly over farmed item, only really useful to shadowknights.

There will be more available CoSs than active shadowknights for a long time, and the upcoming recycle servers mean the ratio is never going to skew in favour of the CoS.

I'm definitely not so scathing in my evaluation because my SK would like to buy a cheap one.

Swish
08-02-2017, 03:26 AM
I've got 2 on blue and 1 on red, I'm not in the market for one and can't see why they'd spike either, on blue at least.

They were farmed literally 24/7 for years of Kunark, I'm hoping the price stays low or even drops for new players like some "entry level" items have. Here's to hoping, for those who don't have one yet.

Messie
08-02-2017, 04:09 AM
I've got 2 on blue and 1 on red, I'm not in the market for one and can't see why they'd spike either, on blue at least.

They were farmed literally 24/7 for years of Kunark, I'm hoping the price stays low or even drops for new players like some "entry level" items have. Here's to hoping, for those who don't have one yet.

Logic (or common sense?) seems to suggest that the prices will only rise. It's not very hard to see that, considering the number of items (even if there are many) will no longer rise, but the number of necromancers and shadowknights will continue to. Even without considering how important the item is to necros, this is not hard logic to follow. When you add the necessity aspect...

I can say from personal experience that this item is as essential for a necromancer as many spells. If I think about all the times leveling from 40+ (after I bought CoS)...I've utilized my CoS more often than I use fear, probably. It is used for every part of the efficient charm process, it's used for travel, it's used right after FD, enables numerous strategies, etc.

Honestly, if I met a necromancer above 50 who did not have a pre-nerf CoS and never used one, I would assume they are not knowledgeable of the class, and are not even close to their full potential. I understand some necromancers not having it due to it being a first toon and needing to save plat, but that's the only excuse I would accept. After level 50ish, it's pretty much inexcusable to not have and use a CoS. It's like not having screaming terror, or DMF. I would never, ever, get rid of my CoS.

If the supply of an essential class item stops, but the demand continues to grow, you think the price would DECREASE? :confused: Sounds like someone is trying to be difficult just for the sake of being difficult. :rolleyes:

Swish
08-02-2017, 04:49 AM
Mudflation over time, are we going to see a dwindling supply of new players? People like new and fresh - this is far from it, particularly with Daybreak doing easy to install EQ and up to PoP, and (probably) launching another TLP server at some point at the end of this year or start of next year.

We all know this is the best place for truly classic EQ, and hopefully we'll get some Daybreak stragglers, but who knows. Maybe enough existing players who havent rolled a necro/SK yet will do so and the demand will outweigh the supply. At least one person in this thread said they're sitting on a supply of them didnt they?

Mead
08-02-2017, 04:49 AM
Logic (or common sense?) seems to suggest that the prices will only rise. It's not very hard to see that, considering the number of items (even if there are many) will no longer rise, but the number of necromancers and shadowknights will continue to. Even without considering how important the item is to necros, this is not hard logic to follow. When you add the necessity aspect...

I can say from personal experience that this item is as essential for a necromancer as many spells. If I think about all the times leveling from 40+ (after I bought CoS)...I've utilized my CoS more often than I use fear, probably. It is used for every part of the efficient charm process, it's used for travel, it's used right after FD, enables numerous strategies, etc.

Honestly, if I met a necromancer above 50 who did not have a pre-nerf CoS and never used one, I would assume they are not knowledgeable of the class, and are not even close to their full potential. I understand some necromancers not having it due to it being a first toon and needing to save plat, but that's the only excuse I would accept. After level 50ish, it's pretty much inexcusable to not have and use a CoS. It's like not having screaming terror, or DMF. I would never, ever, get rid of my CoS.

If the supply of an essential class item stops, but the demand continues to grow, you think the price would DECREASE? :confused: Sounds like someone is trying to be difficult just for the sake of being difficult. :rolleyes:

Swish doesn't actually read threads or soak in any of the information if he does read. And using the poor helpless new players to aid his posts is insulting to all new players on this server. I never wanted anyone's pity because I couldn't afford an item right away. I put the effort in and got everything I needed.

I think it's a good bet the price will go up. With them not dropping, plat being easier to farm, new SKs and necros being created, CoS on accounts not played anymore or banned, and maybe people buying them up, they aren't going to drop in price.

Swish
08-02-2017, 05:15 AM
Swish doesn't actually read threads or soak in any of the information if he does read. And using the poor helpless new players to aid his posts is insulting to all new players on this server. I never wanted anyone's pity because I couldn't afford an item right away. I put the effort in and got everything I needed.

I think it's a good bet the price will go up. With them not dropping, plat being easier to farm, new SKs and necros being created, CoS on accounts not played anymore or banned, and maybe people buying them up, they aren't going to drop in price.

1. This isn't RNF, if you want to troll me do it there.

2. Mudflation is the enemy of any starting "day 1" player. While you might have time to sink into the game, not everyone does these days. Some people got married, had kids, or have other life commitments away from hardcore raiding etc. The opportunity to grind out a casual 10,000pp isn't quite as realistic for some. Those casual players might be better off on Agnarr, so new player supply will possibly dwindle over time.

Troxx
08-02-2017, 06:16 AM
10,000 plat is not an unreachable sum for a casual necromancer main (i.e. Not alt). It is a game changing clicky, but it is not an absolute requirement to play.

They will not drop anymore. There ARE more of them in existence than active sk/necro players but I'd wager many of those are either already parked on the sk/necro alts and unlikely to ever be sold or parked on dormant accounts from people that no longer play.

I only have one and it won't ever be sold.

Lhancelot
08-02-2017, 07:53 AM
I've got 2 on blue and 1 on red...

Put your money (I mean COS) where your mouth is, and do an event to help a newbie out, or simply give it away since you so keen on a newb getting one for cheap. Offering "hope" is a sweet gesture but let's be honest, it doesn't help anyone or anything.

Also, lol at Filbus creating a post to manipulate the market on his hoarded Circlet of Shadows. :p

Jimjam
08-02-2017, 08:09 AM
1. This isn't RNF, if you want to troll me do it there.

2. Mudflation is the enemy of any starting "day 1" player. While you might have time to sink into the game, not everyone does these days. Some people got married, had kids, or have other life commitments away from hardcore raiding etc. The opportunity to grind out a casual 10,000pp isn't quite as realistic for some. Those casual players might be better off on Agnarr, so new player supply will possibly dwindle over time.

Mudflation works both ways.

1:2 ratio weapons for a couple of bone chips stacks is incredible. I recently saw some EC logs from live and 1:3 weapons were going for 400pp!

Pokesan
08-02-2017, 10:16 AM
10,000 plat is not an unreachable sum for a casual necromancer main (i.e. Not alt). It is a game changing clicky, but it is not an absolute requirement to play.

They will not drop anymore. There ARE more of them in existence than active sk/necro players but I'd wager many of those are either already parked on the sk/necro alts and unlikely to ever be sold or parked on dormant accounts from people that no longer play.

I only have one and it won't ever be sold.

so the only ones on the market are from fatcats greater fooling each other?

Troxx
08-02-2017, 10:21 AM
I'd wager the only ones for sale on the market are ones farmed and saved specifically FOR the price jump that was expected after the patch. No self respecting nec/sk would sell their one and only pre-nerf CoS. The buyers are either the p99 new guys or the more veteran members of the community who have since decided to roll an alt and never thought to or bothered to buy or pre-farm one prior to the patch.

Whether the sellers are 'fat cats' or simply regular joes who smartly held on to them? Well I'd imagine it's both.

Is that not obvious to you?

Pokesan
08-02-2017, 10:56 AM
rude reply welcome to ignore

Troxx
08-02-2017, 11:41 AM
lol the king of trolls pokesan calling someone else rude ... gotta love it :D

maskedmelonpai
08-02-2017, 11:58 AM
...greater fooling each other?

Naethyn
08-02-2017, 12:00 PM
This item is worth 20k.

Lhancelot
08-02-2017, 12:01 PM
This item is worth 20k.

Naethyn, my fatcat has one and would love to sell it for 20k to you. :)

mcoy
08-02-2017, 12:07 PM
Mudflation works both ways.

1:2 ratio weapons for a couple of bone chips stacks is incredible. I recently saw some EC logs from live and 1:3 weapons were going for 400pp!

Glad to see my logs are going to good use Jimjam =p

-Mcoy

mcoy
08-02-2017, 12:13 PM
Here're some more:

[Fri Dec 14 21:00:56 2001] Goen auctions, 'SELLING Blue Diamond, Harness of Grey Flesh 12ac 20hp/mana 10sv cold, Crystal Chitin Arms 18ac 5str 5sta 10hp, Kobold Jester's Crown, Black Saphire Electrum Earing'
[Fri Dec 14 21:00:57 2001] Neattil auctions, 'selling earth of the earthcrafter 15wis + other stats DRU only send tells will take MONK trades'
[Fri Dec 14 21:00:58 2001] Wald auctions, 'tradeing symphonic saber for 2 KDs'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:00 2001] Neattil auctions, 'tradeing for fungi tunic'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:00 2001] Corwynn auctions, 'Noct Blade, CFE's, SS gloves, Netted Kelp Belt, Drolvarge Mantle, Orc Fang Necklace, Iksar scaled gloves, Nathsar Greatsword'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:13 2001] Jumdace shouts, 'looking for an evac to EJ'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:14 2001] Djeridu auctions, 'Silver Swiftblade!'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:14 2001] Fraggin auctions, 'wtb: high end dex/agi stuff'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:18 2001] Bristem auctions, 'WTB Ravenscale Arms and Boots.'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:20 2001] Fraggin auctions, 'wtb: serpentine bracers'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:26 2001] Kant auctions, 'Shadel ring AC 6 mana hp 55 sv dis10 cld 5'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:28 2001] Fraggin auctions, 'wtb: armor for ogre sk'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:29 2001] Kant auctions, 'Shissar gaunts AC12 wis/int 5 mana hp 25'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:30 2001] You auction, 'selling jarsath sword, crafted bracer, CCS, and crystalline eye- 30 hp 30 mana, 10 to all resists.'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:32 2001] Djeridu auctions, 'Selling: Lupine Dagger!'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:36 2001] Djeridu auctions, 'Buying: Treeweave!'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:40 2001] Goen auctions, 'SELLING Blue Diamond, Harness of Grey Flesh 12ac 20hp/mana 10sv cold, Crystal Chitin Arms 18ac 5str 5sta 10hp, Kobold Jester's Crown 15ac 5agi 30cha -30int 5dex, Black Saphire Electrum Earing'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:44 2001] Sukasuka auctions, 'WTS BronzeStatue of Bathezid STA 6 HP25 SV D10 3K'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:45 2001] Hanisens shouts, 'PC on Shieldstorm'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:48 2001] Hanisens auctions, 'Selling -- Sionachie's Partisan Piercing 9 19 Cha+6 INT+2 SVmagic+5 only Bard'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:49 2001] Sukasuka auctions, 'WTS Stave of Shielding 12k or trade Baton of Royal Statue'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:49 2001] Tuil begins to cast a spell.
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:51 2001] Dotty begins to cast a spell.
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:51 2001] Hanisens auctions, 'Selling -- Mace of the Shadowed Soul 1hb 19 28 INT+10 only SK'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:55 2001] Dragomis shouts, '1kpp'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:55 2001] Penryn auctions, 'WTS BD Earring 2800, Silver Chitin Hand Wraps, Venomous Axe of Velium Brood,'
[Fri Dec 14 21:01:57 2001] Balbain auctions, 'Wts: Wurmy, Crustacean Shell Gaunts, Blackened Alloy Long Sword, Rygorr Battlemail'

mcoy
08-02-2017, 12:13 PM
Looks like item linking isn't classic... DUN DUN DUN!

Mead
08-02-2017, 12:40 PM
According to our market analysis department, a charity event like this could have a negative impact on Prenerfed CoS sales over the next two fiscal years. Also, with the new server being launched soon, these prices will inevitably decrease in the time being.

Haha, you nerds. Damn this thread makes me feel good!

Prenerfed CoS are abundant
DBG won't allow a new p99 server
Set treadmill to walk and work on your type 2 status.

You can't play p99, have a p99 avatar, and call other people nerds as if it's some sort of insult lol. Glad you're feeling good though.

Gumbo
08-02-2017, 01:29 PM

I'm not looking for arguments or insults or fights but I'll ask again... Why is a COS so terrific for a Necromancer?

I have a level 53 Necromancer which I have soloed about 95% of the time and I have never come across a time when I needed a COS that bad... Sure, I have used FD before but it was never anything where I was totally stuck and couldn't get out of the situation.

I'm just looking on really being sold on the idea to spend the 10K instead of just being told that I have to have one cause I'm a Necro...

Mead
08-02-2017, 02:23 PM
I'm not looking for arguments or insults or fights but I'll ask again... Why is a COS so terrific for a Necromancer?

I have a level 53 Necromancer which I have soloed about 95% of the time and I have never come across a time when I needed a COS that bad... Sure, I have used FD before but it was never anything where I was totally stuck and couldn't get out of the situation.

I'm just looking on really being sold on the idea to spend the 10K instead of just being told that I have to have one cause I'm a Necro...

Invising while running and insta invis if fading. Popping out of fd and invising without agro. You can't do that with your spell. It's actually painful for me to even think about that. Breaking charm is another good use. You can get away with not having one for sure, but you're gimping a necros capabilities. And necro at full potential really stands out.

Swish
08-02-2017, 02:37 PM
Put your money (I mean COS) where your mouth is, and do an event to help a newbie out, or simply give it away since you so keen on a newb getting one for cheap. Offering "hope" is a sweet gesture but let's be honest, it doesn't help anyone or anything.

Also, lol at Filbus creating a post to manipulate the market on his hoarded Circlet of Shadows. :p

If people want help getting started on a particular server they know where to come...this is nothing new.

Zemus
08-02-2017, 02:39 PM

If you are running through a dangerous area and your invis starts to fade you can refresh your invis without it ever breaking. Or if you are training mobs somewhere you can re-invs on the run so you don't get smashed by mobs ahead of you. You can do the same thing with a ring of shadow but it only has 3 charges. Main instances that come to find are plane of sky and VP.

If you charm undead you can break your charm instantly they don't care that it's not invisibility vs undead. Even invisibility vs animals works for this.

You can also use it in conjunction with feign death. FD, pop up and quickly invis without gaining agro.

applesauce25r624
08-02-2017, 04:49 PM
we need market value driven fixed asset taxes on p99 to correct that sorta behavior.

pretty sure Juntsie would not approve of such a tax

maybe a long term capital gains tax

Lhancelot
08-02-2017, 07:04 PM
If people want help getting started on a particular server they know where to come...this is nothing new.

99% of the people are on Blue, so I assume you mean you will help out those on Blue, right?

Just so I can find you here, do you play "Swish" on Blue mostly, or are you on another alt? I know some lowbie necro/sks that could really use a COS.

Good looking out man, always nice to see someone willing to walk the talk not just talk the talk.

P.S. I LOVE the cat gif you running atm, I had to look those cats up on Youtube. Hilarious clip - really!

Mead
08-03-2017, 04:20 PM
You've no idea what the Avatar stands for, which means you're just another EC tunnel bug, exacerbating your diabetic status while waiting for your big chance to make plat on prenerfed CoS sales,..lol

Your electronic image you dunce. And last a1c was like 5.

😊

Gumbo
08-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Invising while running and insta invis if fading. Popping out of fd and invising without agro. You can't do that with your spell. It's actually painful for me to even think about that. Breaking charm is another good use. You can get away with not having one for sure, but you're gimping a necros capabilities. And necro at full potential really stands out.

If you are running through a dangerous area and your invis starts to fade you can refresh your invis without it ever breaking. Or if you are training mobs somewhere you can re-invs on the run so you don't get smashed by mobs ahead of you. You can do the same thing with a ring of shadow but it only has 3 charges. Main instances that come to find are plane of sky and VP.

If you charm undead you can break your charm instantly they don't care that it's not invisibility vs undead. Even invisibility vs animals works for this.

You can also use it in conjunction with feign death. FD, pop up and quickly invis without gaining agro.

I can understand the whole running and staying invisible or breaking charm. Speaking of which, I don't think I have ever seen a Necro use charm on a live mob or an undead mob. But I do solo a lot so maybe they do it in groups?

Feign Death has never been a problem for me. Maybe it's because I have the mob fight with my pet while I'm casting Darkness then Fear. So if I do need to cast FD then the mob is more busy with my pet than thinking about me...

Mead
08-03-2017, 05:28 PM
I can understand the whole running and staying invisible or breaking charm. Speaking of which, I don't think I have ever seen a Necro use charm on a live mob or an undead mob. But I do solo a lot so maybe they do it in groups?

Feign Death has never been a problem for me. Maybe it's because I have the mob fight with my pet while I'm casting Darkness then Fear. So if I do need to cast FD then the mob is more busy with my pet than thinking about me...

Yea heh we're playing on different levels. There's a whole lot out there for you to learn my friend. Necros can only charm undead mobs. HS, Seb, KC, PoF, and PoH are some of the most common. I would recommend getting HS keyed and learning how to charm in there. There's a video guide floating around here somewhere. I'm sure someone can find a link for you.

Kaera
08-07-2017, 04:09 AM
The advantage of clicky invis is obviously in fd situation and getting up invis instantly

Swish
08-07-2017, 04:47 AM
The advantage of clicky invis is obviously in fd situation and getting up invis instantly

That's right. I actually have the first ever one that dropped on the server*. It can be yours for 150k - hold a piece of history in your inventory today ^^

Gumbo
08-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Yea heh we're playing on different levels. There's a whole lot out there for you to learn my friend. Necros can only charm undead mobs. HS, Seb, KC, PoF, and PoH are some of the most common. I would recommend getting HS keyed and learning how to charm in there. There's a video guide floating around here somewhere. I'm sure someone can find a link for you.

I forgot to mention I also have a level 55 Druid so I know all about charming mobs. I'm just saying I killed Spectres with both characters and saw a lot of Necros and they never charmed a Spectre to use as a pet...

Dreenk317
08-07-2017, 05:00 PM
I forgot to mention I also have a level 55 Druid so I know all about charming mobs. I'm just saying I killed Spectres with both characters and saw a lot of Necros and they never charmed a Spectre to use as a pet...

Charming for necros, while possible at lower levels, is more of a lvl 45+ endeavor in my opinion. Necros don't get the same toys as enchanters for control on breaks. At least not reliable ones until later in life.

While it's possible to charm kill the specters, it's easier and much safer to just fear kite them.

Emmin
08-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Charming for necros, while possible at lower levels, is more of a lvl 45+ endeavor in my opinion. Necros don't get the same toys as enchanters for control on breaks. At least not reliable ones until later in life.

While it's possible to charm kill the specters, it's easier and much safer to just fear kite them.

I've been charm soloing in unrest on my necro since lvl 30 (36 now) and it's hella fun. Charm one undead mob, hungry earth the other. When they're both almost dead, click your CoS and nuke/lifetap them both to finish them off. If you're back is against a wall when you break charm you can channel through a quick nuke (or hungry earth/screaming terror) while your former pet is beating on you. When fighting a live mob, screaming terror it and back pet off right before they're both dead. Then break charm with CoS and kill them both. Gets even easier at 34 when you get root. If shit hits the fan you can always FD or harmshield your way to safety. Way more exciting and better experience than fear kiting one mob at a time in low ZEM outdoor zones.

Lhancelot
08-08-2017, 01:12 PM
I've been charm soloing in unrest on my necro since lvl 30 (36 now) and it's hella fun. Charm one undead mob, hungry earth the other. When they're both almost dead, click your CoS and nuke/lifetap them both to finish them off. If you're back is against a wall when you break charm you can channel through a quick nuke (or hungry earth/screaming terror) while your former pet is beating on you. When fighting a live mob, screaming terror it and back pet off right before they're both dead. Then break charm with CoS and kill them both. Gets even easier at 34 when you get root. If shit hits the fan you can always FD or harmshield your way to safety. Way more exciting and better experience than fear kiting one mob at a time in low ZEM outdoor zones.

Honestly this is why I grow bored on necros so fast. They have so much at their disposal the class grows boring for me before I ever get even close to 50.

Just a really versatile solo class that risks very little due to having FD. I respect what they bring to a group, and their solo capabilities, but I find them extraordinarily boring.

skarlorn
08-08-2017, 01:37 PM
Honestly this is why I grow bored on necros so fast. They have so much at their disposal the class grows boring for me before I ever get even close to 50.

Just a really versatile solo class that risks very little due to having FD. I respect what they bring to a group, and their solo capabilities, but I find them extraordinarily boring.

same, dude. it's funny how having so many different ways of killing mobs and just being flat out OP really makes a class dull to me.

Lhancelot
08-10-2017, 01:52 PM
Do you think they will go up far from there?

Already these things have bumped up to 15k. You must be consulting with Schnick's financial advisors or you got insider information... or, you are just a prophet.

Impressive bro!

Maligar
08-10-2017, 01:53 PM
As a new SK that just spend weeks scraping together 10k to buy one of these.

I hate this thread.

gildor
08-10-2017, 02:02 PM
this thread has caused this item to spike..its terrible :( fat cats getting fatter by collaborating on the forums..bending the consumers over like the weak meat in a prison

Triiz
08-10-2017, 02:07 PM
This is the exact same thing that happened to T-Staff's. They went from 30k to 50k overnight because of one thread and now hilariously they are back down towards 40k.

The lesson here is if you got something to sell, start a thread about how it should be worth more than it is in Server Chat. EC Tunnel section of forums will just get you average price.

Btw, can you guys believe Fingerboone Hoops aren't worth 50k? I might have to start a thread and see what people think.

Dreenk317
08-10-2017, 02:25 PM
Did you hear? white scales are only worth 10k plat now.

Maligar
08-10-2017, 02:57 PM
So do these banksters trade CoS with their friends for 15k to manipulate the wiki prices too?

Would be nice if they could get rid of the price on the CoS entry since it's two different items anyway.

One guy is already spamming CoS auctions for 20-25k to screw with auction loggers, too. I realize I'm only mad because I'm a buyer, but seriously, this blatant manipulation sucks for anyone limited to mid-level plat farming.

schnickusaurus
08-10-2017, 03:02 PM
Already these things have bumped up to 15k. You must be consulting with Schnick's financial advisors or you got insider information... or, you are just a prophet.

Impressive bro!

Haha :) /salute bud

Lhancelot
08-10-2017, 03:08 PM
Skarlorn didn't create this thread to make COS more valuable... Dude has unlimited access to plats and prefers to run his toons around in rags and cloth.

skarlorn
08-10-2017, 03:57 PM
lots of mad bads pointing a lot of fingers about why they are poor

feel the bern

Make Norrath Great again

I'll shitpost as long as you do, prawns it

skarlorn
08-10-2017, 03:59 PM
Skarlorn didn't create this thread to make COS more valuable... Dude has unlimited access to plats and prefers to run his toons around in rags and cloth.

I'd also like to alley oop this comment by saying that while playing on my No time to rez character, I frequently get tells asking if I will sell them an OT hammer. I tell them I will sell them one for 2.5 or 3k depending on how little I care. Which is always VERY little. Sometimes they are like "well will you still give me a discount if there's two of us?" the answer is no. There's few things that sound worse to me than accumulating more plat on my epic 60 warrior, who has killed a GM. One of the only things that sounds worse than getting meaningless plat is helping you get an OT hammer and wasting my time for small gains of a meaningless currency.

but please, keep telling me about how i'm manipulating the market so i can get rich off of the one CoS I keep on my bank (not for sale, because maybe one day i'll roll an SK?)

Thanks for writing in!

Pokesan
08-10-2017, 04:20 PM
As a new SK that just spend weeks scraping together 10k to buy one of these.

I hate this thread.

If you're still looking @ 10k, PM me.

Zemus
08-10-2017, 04:20 PM
I'd also like to alley oop this comment by saying that while playing on my No time to rez character, I frequently get tells asking if I will sell them an OT hammer. I tell them I will sell them one for 2.5 or 3k depending on how little I care. Which is always VERY little. Sometimes they are like "well will you still give me a discount if there's two of us?" the answer is no. There's few things that sound worse to me than accumulating more plat on my epic 60 warrior, who has killed a GM. One of the only things that sounds worse than getting meaningless plat is helping you get an OT hammer and wasting my time for small gains of a meaningless currency.

but please, keep telling me about how i'm manipulating the market so i can get rich off of the one CoS I keep on my bank (not for sale, because maybe one day i'll roll an SK?)

Thanks for writing in!

it's super cute how you both finish each others sentences and whatnot.

Lhancelot
08-10-2017, 06:07 PM
it's super cute how you both finish each others sentences and whatnot.

When different people speak the truth, the same message is heard.

Evia
08-10-2017, 06:25 PM
Except when it's the same person on two different forum accounts...

Lhancelot
08-10-2017, 06:38 PM
Except when it's the same person on two different forum accounts...

Well clearly that doesn't count as "different people," then. That's one person saying the same thing.

shuklak
08-10-2017, 06:56 PM
When Blue turns into a ghost land after they make the mistake of implementing a Green server and crushing the population I predict a massive 'squish' in prices and everything drops in value because there is no one to sell to.

As far as how useful CoS is...With snare, insta invis, and FD - I honestly feel I can split mobs better on my SK/Necro than I can on my monk now that sneak tag is no more. Its not even close really. Splitting on a monk solo is really difficult now (compared to how it was)
You mean like on red99?:(