PDA

View Full Version : Connection Issues, Could use Help here

MaSQue
08-04-2017, 07:36 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279028

posted this on the tech board, but its pretty much dead atm, so will post here maybe someone has seen this.

Me and brother trying to find out why the game will not log in on my gaming rig. Its set up the same exact way as any other PC I have ran P99 on but for some reason it kicks me back to login everytime, could use some help guys. Will post stream shut down if we shut down stream.

Starting from Launch Titanium.bat I go to server select just fine but when I conntect to server it stalls for a moment then throws me back to login, when I click on eqgame.exe shortcut it throws the small box up saying connecitng to server ..... then eventually it times out. We are streaming live atm, maybe someone knows of a fix? Come take a look. My gaming rig plays any game in the free world on ultra setting, perfect fps no issues on any game, but ..... it will not run 20 year old P99 even though it runs live perfectly.

https://www.twitch.tv/JamesFullard

Cfullard
08-04-2017, 07:57 PM
He's asking a question. Unless your response adds to the collective intelligence of the world on this subject, stop whining.

MaSQue
08-04-2017, 08:28 PM
didnt even know he posted that smart ass ... feel better though?

Cfullard
08-04-2017, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the bump!

Pokesan
08-04-2017, 08:30 PM
thanks for the stream hillbillies

MaSQue
08-04-2017, 08:31 PM
thanks for the stream hillbillies

Ethugs crack me up, don't worry, I gave up, p99 just isnt worth this much hassle but thx for your insight on all this, you were a huge help guy . hurry back and get that last word in kid.

Pokesan
08-04-2017, 08:33 PM
i wasnt joking i liked it. post if you get it working and ill come watch maybe

skarlorn
08-04-2017, 08:47 PM
idk man can you quote the post you put on tech forum? i need more details.

Aandolaf
08-04-2017, 08:52 PM
If you ran eqgame.exe at all you'll have to re-install titanium, which would be my advice regardless I guess

kotton05
08-04-2017, 09:27 PM
Have you tried unplugging and re plugging it in ;)

mcoy
08-04-2017, 09:44 PM
Your live install is separate from p99, correct? I also assume you've done the standard things of excluding your EQ directory from any active av/malware scanner, and followed the instructions from the "getting started" thread to the letter?

If so, make sure your router hasn't reset it's firewall settings. Verizon pushes updates to mine that reset the firewall to a higher setting (and wipes all my port forwarding config!) and since P99 doesn't use a standard port it may be blocking it.

-Mcoy

Swish
08-04-2017, 09:55 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279028

posted this on the tech board, but its pretty much dead atm, so will post here maybe someone has seen this.

Me and brother trying to find out why the game will not log in on my gaming rig. Its set up the same exact way as any other PC I have ran P99 on but for some reason it kicks me back to login everytime, could use some help guys. Will post stream shut down if we shut down stream.

Starting from Launch Titanium.bat I go to server select just fine but when I conntect to server it stalls for a moment then throws me back to login, when I click on eqgame.exe shortcut it throws the small box up saying connecitng to server ..... then eventually it times out. We are streaming live atm, maybe someone knows of a fix? Come take a look. My gaming rig plays any game in the free world on ultra setting, perfect fps no issues on any game, but ..... it will not run 20 year old P99 even though it runs live perfectly.

https://www.twitch.tv/JamesFullard

This happened to me too, and I tried figuring it out but was at a loss...to the point where I'm STILL playing P99 on a win8.1 netbook and not a windows 10 PC. Couldn't find any answers despite multiple searches and nobody really knew why.

I was assuming it was a screen resolution issue - quite a big monitor and I tweaked around with the settings there but no joy.

1. Log in.
2. Server select.
3. Select any server (P99, Hidden Forest, etc)...screen goes black for about a second, resolution changes momentarily, then bumps me to the login screen again.

Achromatic
08-05-2017, 12:07 AM
Was it working previously on your gaming rig?

If not, might want to have it run under compatibility mode for an older version of windows and limit it to run on 1 processor.

JonyeGway
08-05-2017, 01:18 AM
Yeah set eqgame.exe to compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 and run it as Administrator. If youre still having issues you can force the game to run on a single core by opening up launchtitanium.bat and changing it to

start /affinity 1 eqgame.exe patchme

mcoy
08-05-2017, 01:27 AM
FWIW - I run W10 at 4k. Never had any problem running p99. I play it windowed (I'm a cleric, netflix makes me med faster). I don't have any compatibility settings defined, I don't run as admin, and I don't have AV outside of Defender (which I haven't excluded p99 from).

I do crash to desktop 75% of the time when I camp, but the game loads in about 10 seconds so I don't care...

I haven't set anything special up. This system, I'm running the install I copied over from my Win7 box. Maybe install under Win7 or XP and copy it over?

-Mcoy

mcoy
08-05-2017, 01:28 AM
Hell, I'll zip it and give you a gdrive link via PM if you want. Just let me know.

-Mcoy

MaSQue
08-12-2017, 11:50 PM
Here, latest test
yea yea still F'ing with this damned thing

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/166576763

Running it in .bat way and admin mode gives an error box that says ....

Windows cannot find eqgame.exe Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again. But in NON Admin mode it logs in the same way as in the above video so ...