PDA

View Full Version : Good place for duo exping?

SpaceSamur4i
08-07-2017, 07:06 PM
I've looked through the guides on the wiki but I'd like to hear from you guys.

I'm 52 war and my friend is a 48 druid. Where would be the best place to hunt if it were only the two of us? We were considering the rat maze in PoM. We don't have the best gear.

SunDrake
08-07-2017, 07:15 PM
Bats in Sol B might be a good choice. He could grab and charm a bat for additional DPS.

loramin
08-07-2017, 07:25 PM
I haven't done PoM personally, but the thing to consider about it is that it's a pain to get to. I think there's some way to do it with DA clickies, but I believe most people pay a mage to get Call of the Hero-ed there. Either way, once you go through the trouble of getting there you'll want to stay there, so you both have to be ready to commit to it for awhile. On the plus side, it has the potential for some really good loot.

If you don't want that commitment, a few other ideas (taken from The Per-Level Hunting Guide (http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide#Hunting_Spots_50-54) of course) :

* Burning Woods giant fort: nothing but simple melee mobs, which were great for my shaman and should work well for druid/warrior (I don't think they hit especially hard); loot isn't exciting

* Solb sonic bats: the druid can charm these

* Emerald Jungle: the druid can charm most of the mobs here, and you're close to City of Mist if you want go there. That being said, I've never had much luck soloing here because the mobs are a little far apart, but it might work for a duo in the right spot.

* Guards (several places): always a popular choice: like the BW giants they're plain melee mobs, but they have slightly better loot; if you don't want to lose good faction there should be some in Neriak you can kill

* The Hole: one plus for here (besides potentially good loot) is that the high number of elementals should let the druid use a slightly better elemental-only DD

* Karnor's or City of Mist: these are always popular destinations, so if you don't want to duo it shouldn't be hard to get a group

Zemus
08-07-2017, 08:06 PM
I haven't done PoM personally..

Want to go?

loramin
08-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Want to go?

I do (thanks for asking)! But I don't have Torpor yet, so I have to keep farming the boring old non-mischievous world first.

wwoneo
08-07-2017, 08:30 PM
You won't be able to go to PoM. Mages won't CoTH lower level toons since they cant bind in ToV anymore. You'd aggro the static spawn or pather and force them to zone.

Bummey
08-07-2017, 11:08 PM
What's the state of Mischief summons now, anyways? Sometimes I regret changing my druid's bind spot.

Swish
08-08-2017, 12:31 AM
I've looked through the guides on the wiki but I'd like to hear from you guys.

I'm 52 war and my friend is a 48 druid. Where would be the best place to hunt if it were only the two of us? We were considering the rat maze in PoM. We don't have the best gear.

It's a bit of an awkward duo... no slower, no reliable fear. Stay in outdoor areas perhaps and see if the druid can hold aggro with snare and kite around with the warrior dps'ing and dots on?

Geonid cave in Wakening Lands? (pull to outside etc and kite along the wall maybe)
The now nerfed seafury isle in OOT?
Dino is a 6 min spawn isnt he? (OOT again)
Highkeep nobles can work til 54 but you'll be trashing your Freeport guard faction (repairable with a Qeynos quest if the warrior isn't kos there already)

Mead
08-08-2017, 12:46 AM
I'm not exactly sure when permafrost bears become a viable option for druids but check this out when you can.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100992

I think this is a good option for you and the warrior when you're able to charm here.

Sorn
08-08-2017, 01:56 AM
I'm not exactly sure when permafrost bears become a viable option for druids but check this out when you can.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100992

I think this is a good option for you and the warrior when you're able to charm here.

Druid yeah, starting around 54. With warrior? Bring a cleric and camp them at the safe spot! That warrior's gonna have a tough time and rezzes down in bear pit get costly.

With the loss of most CotHs to PoM, you won't be able to do that zone. It's not that great for exp down in the rat maze. Everything's got a zillion hitpoints because Velious, plus 72 min spawn timer, plus nowadays you have to compete with druids and enchanters using charm pets.

At 52 and 48, consider EJ near the TT zoneline (druid pulling, can also charm), WL geonid caves (not the faerie dragons or geonids - go for the tar goos, which die and split into two baby goos that drop all kinds of gems), WL panthers + roamers, WL just outside Kael where the frost giants roam, CS wyverns (not the cobalt drakes) if you can get through SS, or DL around karnor's castle. Once the druid's around 50, you could probably dare to hunt in BW (lots of roamers) or see if you can get a proper group for Chardok zonein/zoneout areas. Sol B is also an option if your druid isn't afraid of indoor zones.

Weirder options are Kedge Keep (you'll both need enduring breath items), TT, GD shardwurm caves, ToFS (probably 4th floor and up), etc. Beyond that, just explore and have fun because a druid is a great travel buddy :)

darkreap
08-08-2017, 03:03 AM
Maybe CoM 2nd or 3rd floor. Might be a little low on DPS though.

Twochain
08-08-2017, 01:24 PM
If you're real Big Ballers, you'd go to kedge =)

Foxplay
08-08-2017, 01:39 PM
As someone who leveled 48 to 60 in Plane of Mischief I would not advise it, unless you value having an area almost always to yourself, are addicted to clickies (flowers), and dont care about crap exp.

Also rat maze vs a 52 warrior and 48 druid would be very mana draining if not impossible if you got 2 terilings at the same time (lvl 49 rat with alot of hp)

Trelaboon
08-08-2017, 02:33 PM
Definitely do SolB bats. Druid can charm the bats and they don't hit that hard and they have low Hp. You can do this spot until 54 and then even move to LDCs after that with the Druid still using a bat pet

SpaceSamur4i
08-08-2017, 07:36 PM
If you're real Big Ballers, you'd go to kedge =)

Ha! Made me laugh. We've been there. It's always a party :p

Thanks for the feedback guys. We're good to go.