PDA

View Full Version : guild tag under name - will we ever see this again?

supermonk
08-17-2017, 12:50 PM
was placing the guild tag under your character's name a luclin thing? lowkey mad when they 'nerfed' it and put it all on one line...I liked the clean look before with two lines, maybe its just me.

loramin
08-17-2017, 01:54 PM
I didn't see a patch that specifically mentioned moving the gild tag down, but it likely was this "overhaul names" one (which is well outside the classic era):

- /shownames now works with the following parameters:
no parameter = display the current setting.
off = don't show player names over their heads
1 = show only first names of players
2 = show First and Last Name
3 = show First, Last, and Guild (if any)
4 = show Title (if any), First, Last, and Guild (if any)

Also, the LFG, AFK and LD tags will always show if names are not off.
There will no longer be brackets around them, and LFG will now appear
at the end of the name with the AFK and LD tags (instead of being a *
at the beginning)

- A player character will always have a name over its head, even if
they are skeletons (unless /shownames is off), with the exception of
some rare cases when players are turned into certain NPCs

If you can find evidence that it happened sooner though you should file a bug with that evidence.

nyclin
08-17-2017, 01:59 PM
was placing the guild tag under your character's name a luclin thing? lowkey mad when they 'nerfed' it and put it all on one line...I liked the clean look before with two lines, maybe its just me.

you're correct - it was mid-late luclin when the change was made, so it's out of era for p99

Cazlo
08-17-2017, 04:54 PM
I'm fairly certain that guild tags actually were under the name on p99 at first and then they changed it since it's not classic.

Edit: Ahh nm bad reading comprehension.

Rivera
08-18-2017, 09:50 PM
I can just hope the runners of p99 will wake up one day with a whole new perspective on Luclin. Nerf Paludal ZEM, remove Bazaar, don't implement luclin models = great expansion that still fits with the feel of classic.

Lojik
08-18-2017, 10:39 PM
Looked way better under the name, hope they switch it back even though not classic

loramin
08-18-2017, 10:45 PM
Looked way better under the name, hope they switch it back even though not classic

This is exactly the sort of stuff (along with light blue cons and similar "not-classic" quality of life improvements) that I hope they re-instate once Blue goes custom. Not holding my breath, but we can hope.

deezy
08-18-2017, 11:11 PM
I can just hope the runners of p99 will wake up one day with a whole new perspective on Luclin. Nerf Paludal ZEM, remove Bazaar, don't implement luclin models = great expansion that still fits with the feel of classic.

And replace the alien models with something different

Swish
08-19-2017, 12:48 AM
and Luclin please, lets play cats <3

Egilmn
08-19-2017, 05:52 AM
Classic side guild tag is fine, not sure why it matters.

ZiggyTheMuss
08-19-2017, 01:10 PM
And replace the alien models with something different

Yeah let's replace the spaceship in qeynos too with a floating castle or something.

Swish
08-19-2017, 11:20 PM
also LDON, but with added kerra isle type instances...and better rewards like guises, manastones and pre-nerf CoS's (all tradeable).

Thanks devs :)

deezy
08-19-2017, 11:23 PM
Yeah let's replace the spaceship in qeynos too with a floating castle or something.

I like this idea. Let's replace it with floating advertisements.