PDA

View Full Version : ranger needs help

wodiranger
02-21-2011, 05:52 PM
hi, so currently im using x2 wakis(the mm quest ones) and 2 eb blades, but im thinking of doing the orc impailer quest, seems quite nice to use in range when in melee for adds on stats ect

currently a lvl 38 ranger, figure at 46 ill get new weps asap, but what are some you others would recommend on using?

for these slots i need to upgrade, what should I get? for ears, rings, neck, belt, cloak, wrists, and arms? just over all what others think rangers should use there

would love to post my gear soon, right now we're taking a 20 min break from playing dnd, so later ill post what gear i am currenty using

Zadrian
02-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Pre-Planar

Ears: -
Fingers: - Jagged Band, Fire Emerald Platinum Ring, Djarn's Amethyst Ring
Neck: -
Head - Executioners Hood, Blackened Iron Coif, Crested Helm
Face - Dented Brass Mask
Chest - Brigandine Tunic, Mithril Breastplate
Arms - Mithril Vambraces
Back - Mammoth Hide Cloak, Werewolf Skin Cloak
Waist - Thick Banded Belt, Flowing Black Silk Sash
Shoulders - Bloodstained Mantle, Crested Spaulders
Wrists - Hero Bracers, Runed Mithril Bracer
Legs - Mithril Greaves
Hands -
Feet - Kobold-Hide Boots, Dwarven Work Boots
Primary - Orc Impaler, Mithril Two-Handed Sword, Short Sword of Morin, Short Sword of the Ykesha
Secondary - Ebony Bladed Sword, Polished Granite Tomahawk, Short Sword of the Ykesha
Range - Trueshot Longbow, Runed Oak Bow

For ears and neck, if you can afford it, get x2 diamondine earrings for neck get a runed lava pendant. For Hands get dark mail gauntlets.

strupp
02-21-2011, 11:03 PM
well imo keep using 2 EBS until you are raiding, Root procs helps a lot with mediocre tanks (if you explain root aggro to the group) on raids i would switch to wakizashis though until you get planar stuff

Orc Impaler is nice for Range if you dont need a bow

the list posted is fine but im guessing the Ranger is your Main so you probably dont have a lot of money.

will wait for your Equip post then :)

Zadrian
02-22-2011, 12:29 AM
Doesn't need to have a lot of money. He can get a good portion of that stuff if he finds the right groups.

Personally, I went with Short sword of morin and orc impaler for the stats. The root procs could be nice, but they can also get annoying at times.

Jenni D
02-22-2011, 06:43 AM
i solo'd mostly until lvl 42 and then grouped in solb. I'd definitely agree on the dual ebony blades when solo'ing.

Also, the only helm worth having pre and post planar is hammerhead helm. Get saving 2.5k :D

Hooded Black Cloaks are perma-camped and common as anything now too, should be able to find one cheap. Just farm Mistmoore for a few days and you'll have a couple thousand plat.

Messianic
02-22-2011, 06:49 AM
Primary - Orc Impaler, Mithril Two-Handed Sword, Short Sword of Morin, Short Sword of the Ykesha

fyi, Mith 2hander is not ranger equippable.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010630040441/http://everquest.allakhazam.com/equipment/graphics3/mith2hsword.JPG

Zadrian
02-22-2011, 07:51 AM
I didn't write the list so I didn't check what's on there =p

wodiranger
02-23-2011, 04:38 PM
so the gear i use is as follows

head . crested helm
face. groteseque mask
ears. one dimondine ear, and a +6 stam ear
chest. mith bp
arm . platnium armband
neck. spiked coller
back. were wolf cloak
belt. black iron girdle
shoulder. crested shoulder
wrist . rmb and hero bracer
legs, lustrous russet greaves, will not need to replace till planar probally
hands. darkmail gloves
feet. dwarven work boots
rings. x2 carnellion wedding rings
weapons as of currently x2 electrum bladed wakis, sold my ebs on accident

bow is a runed oak bow

Extunarian
02-23-2011, 04:58 PM
I clicked this thread thinking it would just have a screenshot of a ranger running from the entire population of mistmoore castle. I am dissapoint.

wodiranger
02-23-2011, 08:35 PM
haha, this weekend on friday night, im going to run the most massive mistmoore train, and screenshot it and put it up on here =P