PDA

View Full Version : What do you use for batphone?

AenorVZ
08-24-2017, 12:28 AM
I'm looking for something that allows people to sign up for email, text alerts or both. Any suggestions?

Swish
08-24-2017, 12:35 AM
Skype is good

mcoy
08-24-2017, 12:37 AM
I prefer one of these:

Answer it forcibly and rapidly for best results.

-Mcoy

Swish
08-24-2017, 12:39 AM
Everyone has the discord app on their phone nowadays too, right?

@everyone is as good as a batphone call.

skarlorn
08-24-2017, 12:41 AM
i don't sign up for batphones anymore, and i avoid VOIP at all costs

Baler
08-24-2017, 12:47 AM
cell phone I guess

AenorVZ
08-24-2017, 12:47 AM
Got a link for sending out mass texts and emails via Skype?

Pokesan
08-24-2017, 12:50 AM
spironolactone, flutamide, and finasteride achieve the same effect with less damage to the person

Arkanjil
08-24-2017, 02:10 AM
Discord seems to be the go to for any other MMO I play

AenorVZ
08-24-2017, 05:46 AM
Cool I haven't raided in a few years ... didn't know text alerts were passe.

xKoopa
08-24-2017, 08:11 AM
Always used email or twitter when i raided

Lhancelot
08-24-2017, 08:23 AM
My batphone is my cellphone, and the only people who have access to this are family and RL friends.

Also, none of these people use my batphone for gaming. In fact, I never have once had a batphone call regarding anything game relating to any MMO.

I also have no VOIP on my PC, I removed the old version of Teamspeak 2-3 years ago and feel so much more at peace without people invading my immersion on games I enjoy playing.

I suggest before you take this deep plunge into this ocean of nerdom, that you think long and hard about this very important choice you are making by considering to add batphones and VOIP for gaming.

Expediency
08-24-2017, 08:46 AM
We use twitter. No voice com for me

maskedmelonpai
08-24-2017, 08:58 AM
i like Twitter because it liek a barrier between between you phone and a active internet nightlife. if you open to random texts in the middle of night make sure it safe texts.

kotton05
08-24-2017, 09:47 AM
i like Twitter because it liek a barrier between between you phone and a active internet nightlife. if you open to random texts in the middle of night make sure it safe texts.

You can also set twitter to only notify you thru certain hours! Which was nice.

Ps...
Lhance wtf?

Skew
08-24-2017, 10:03 AM
Docx's Mum usually elbows me to get up when a dragon spawns.

Freakish
08-24-2017, 11:06 AM
A metal plate over a spotlight that is then broadcast against the night sky.

Lhancelot
08-24-2017, 12:12 PM
You can also set twitter to only notify you thru certain hours! Which was nice.

Ps...
Lhance wtf?

I just aint a fan of voip or batphones. Sorry. :o

Swish
08-24-2017, 01:36 PM
I just aint a fan of voip or batphones. Sorry. :o

One of the "my mic doesnt work / I don't have one" crowd eh? :p

mcoy
08-24-2017, 01:58 PM
I gave up explaining to people that my mic/webcam is intentionally disabled out of paranoia.

-Mcoy

Lhancelot
08-24-2017, 02:04 PM
One of the "my mic doesnt work / I don't have one" crowd eh? :p

No I never lied, seen many say that too though. :D

I just either don't talk much, or simply stay quiet. Usually I would only log into VOIP for PVP on past games or for raids and my voice wasn't needed much anyway.

I find VOIP fine for these as they enable faster targeting, focus, etc., but what I don't use VOIP for is to celebrate or gripe about my RL to people.

I always enjoyed online games to escape people, and to just not think about people. Having a job that requires listening to people constantly made me not want to have to listen to people once I got home and felt like unwinding.

maskedmelonpai
08-24-2017, 02:14 PM
No I never lied, seen many say that too though. :D

I just either don't talk much, or simply stay quiet. Usually I would only log into VOIP for PVP on past games or for raids and my voice wasn't needed much anyway.

I find VOIP fine for these as they enable faster targeting, focus, etc., but what I don't use VOIP for is to celebrate or gripe about my RL to people.

I always enjoyed online games to escape people, and to just not think about people. Having a job that requires listening to people constantly made me not want to have to listen to people once I got home and felt like unwinding.

this pretty much how I feel about voip. i see it value for coordination, but it destroys immersion and thoughts don't flow as easily to my tongue as they do to my fingers and also i am very shy.

kempoguy80
08-24-2017, 03:51 PM
Discord is the best. You can voice chat, text chat, and set up a batphone via notification settings pretty easily. My only real complaint is sometimes on the voice side people go full on robot voice for seemingly no reason, but hopefully that will improve as the application matures and more bugs get worked out.

Illsiff
08-24-2017, 07:28 PM
Skimmed and didn't see Whatsapp mentioned. I've used it very little but I know some guys who like it a lot.