PDA

View Full Version : Inaugural Open Vox Raid 9/5 @ 6 AM Server Time

skarlorn
08-30-2017, 04:13 PM
Dear nerds,

Thanks to the efforts of many, an accord has been struck. Open Vox and open Naggys will be taking place every month.

This is (hopefully) the first of many classic dragons which we, as a server, will lynch together as a community and friendship building exercise.

I am proud to see the support come in from all sides. This opportunity has been made possible by guild leaders and casual scum alike. Thank you for participating in the previous threads and helping to get this ball rolling.

This raid will be led by the venerable Cloki, leader of Omni Guild.

See details below!

Raid start at 6:00 a.m. US eastern.

If you want to participate and don't have a toon of the right level, higher-level toons are welcome to come in support.

This is going to be the first one, so it will be much like the pilot episode of a TV series. Kinks to work out, roles to define, etc., so I'll pre-ask for patience and for everyone to follow instructions.

And tho these dragons can be killed with low numbers, they're no joke, either - lots that can go wrong including floor traps, aggroing more giants than we need, Vox casting a successful Complete Heal, etc.

Should probably make a new thread about it.

For those of you participating, this fight is about two things:

1. Not getting feared. That means that you should have MR in every slot that you can have it in. No amount of MR is too much MR for this fight. If you're perma-feared, you're more of a liability than an asset.

Jewelers can make MR bracelets, neck, and rings. That's kind of a baseline minimum so see if you can find those. Also see if you can get a "Greater Null" potion from a shaman. That's great additional MR.

2. Vox tries to complete heal. And there's really no reason to have to kill her several times (effectively) until she's OOM.

The way we counter her healing is to push from the SAME SIDE with fast weapons (no 2h weaps on Vox, please) to interrupt her casts. I'll explain this more day-of, but it's a thing. A key to victory.

Pan
08-30-2017, 04:53 PM
Not sure what else to say as far as prep goes.

We'll start at 6:00 a.m. sharp from the entrance of Permafrost and we'll head to Vox' lair together.

I'm hoping that people will be on early to port people across West Karana.

That said, you're responsible for your own transportation, even if that means a run over the mountains.

I'll give specific instructions to the raid as needed.

If you have questions, ask them here.

kempoguy80
08-30-2017, 05:00 PM
Will there be a voice application for this?

Pan
08-30-2017, 05:07 PM
Will there be a voice application for this?

Maybe so. Could open up our Mumble...

And Discord seems to be all the rage, so maybe I'll make a channel for that.

Whatever the case, this is going to be primetime for Asia, so all raid instructions will be in a public channel (/shout) even if they are given in voice.

For a lot of non-native speakers, it's often easier to read than process voice...especially if the channel isn't clear.

I'll let people know in advance.

Gumbo
08-30-2017, 07:18 PM
Nothing like waking up at the crack of dawn on a Sunday morning to attempt to kill a Dragon...

Who picked the day and time?

skarlorn
08-30-2017, 07:24 PM
Variance.

Pan
08-30-2017, 08:47 PM
Or, you could think of it as:

1:00 p.m. in Edinburgh
10:00 a.m. in Sydney
2:00 p.m. in Berlin
8:00 p.m. in Hong Kong
Noon in Aukland
7:00 p.m. in Bangkok
9:00 p.m. in Tokyo

And so on.

I think.

Pan
08-30-2017, 09:37 PM
Vox window closes at:

2017-09-05 06:01 a.m. (U.S. Eastern Time)

That is when the raid starts. Thats TUESDAY in the U.S.

Title changed quick - thanks, Llandris!

skarlorn
08-30-2017, 09:49 PM
Llandris pls

Jimjam
08-31-2017, 04:15 AM
Nothing like waking up at the crack of dawn on a Sunday morning to attempt to kill a Dragon...

Who picked the day and time?

Jeeze, there are some whiney flippertygibberts.

Obviously, being a huge part of European and East Asian folk lore, these people are most deserving of the inaugural communal dragon chase(!)

Besides which; 6AM isn't that early. Get out of bed early, enjoy some time to yourself and your hobbies, before the rest of the family wake up and you spend some quality time with them on your day off work like the functional members of society we all are.

p99ers don't spend all daylight hours in a torpid stupor, only waking for the night, right?

Swish
08-31-2017, 05:11 AM
I can't make it but I'll be there in spirit, hope you guys get some good drops ^^

Frysk
08-31-2017, 05:48 AM
Or, you could think of it as:

1:00 p.m. in Edinburgh
10:00 a.m. in Sydney
2:00 p.m. in Berlin
8:00 p.m. in Hong Kong
Noon in Aukland
7:00 p.m. in Bangkok
9:00 p.m. in Tokyo

And so on.

I think.

I think US East 6am = 8pm same day for Sydney?? That puts Auckland out too?

And with the day change I hope to be there!

Pan
08-31-2017, 07:20 AM
I got all of those times wrong.

11am Edinburgh, 8pm Sydney, Noon Berlin, 6pm Hong Kong, 10pm Aukland, 5pm Bangkok, 7pm Tokyo...(I think).

But I hope the broader point isn't lost.

Pope Hat
08-31-2017, 08:56 AM
Pretty cool if this would be a normal thing. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Peacocky
09-01-2017, 04:46 AM
+5 hrs at this political correctness BST (British Standard Time) over the summer at the moment which normally was +6 GMT from EST. Also 9/5 is a bit confusing which is 5/9 over the pond.

Very nice either way!.

Dreenk317
09-01-2017, 12:23 PM
6 am EST....... kind of a shitty time for an open raid...... basically no one except east coasters that wake up stupid early are gonna make it

pogs4ever
09-01-2017, 12:54 PM
I'll be there and I'm not on east coast time.

And 6am isn't what I would consider stupid early.

Whirled
09-01-2017, 12:59 PM
Some of us work during that time. Good luck to all able to participate.

Pan
09-01-2017, 01:51 PM
Absolutely a shitty time for the US. Think I wanna lead it at 4am my time?

But.......Apac people happy...and this is a worldwide server.

And wheelhouse US time will come around.

Let's not let the dumb time (and times in the future) overshadow the win of working together and having a shot at these old-world bosses!!

Ashenden
09-02-2017, 05:42 AM
I imagine everything about this has changed now that there was a full repop. Little disappointing, don't suppose everybody left it up so we could do the open raid some time today?

Pan
09-02-2017, 07:38 AM
Repops didn't used to reset timers. But I think now they do.

That means first open vox will need to be next vox.

And we need to account for quakes in the plans.

Crashking
09-02-2017, 12:35 PM
From the Open Classic Dragons Raid Agreement 2017 thread:

In other news: I believe most guilds who kill these dragons have signed on. Snackies said he would check it out after returning from a work trip early this week and I'm hoping for the best.

Meanwhile, I think it's safe for us to go ahead and start planning the first open Vox raid.

A nice person just sent me Vox ToD

"Lady Vox was just killed at 9:16 CST tonight Aug 28."

So the spawn window in a week will be September 3rd from 1:16 PM CST to 5:16 AM CST. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cloki, are you up for leading this?

It later went on to talk about the date being on 9/4 but here its posted as 9/5 - so it is all pretty confusing. I was certainly thinking about attending and just would love to know when I need to have toon in place and how much time I have left to prepare ... i.e. get more MR gears.

When I look at my calendar it would seem the 4th is 7 days away from the posted kill time and I have to assume the kill time is AM since it isn't listed in either am/pm or proper military designation. Next real question is was it really CST since in summer daylight savings time is in effect -- and should probably have been listed as CDT.

skarlorn
09-02-2017, 12:57 PM
Anyone got info on when vox was killed on repop?

This will change the open raid time

Dreenk317
09-02-2017, 04:57 PM
Personally, im all for open raids, and love killing Vox, one of my favorite dragons to kill for some reason. But, I think this once a month open raid thing should alternate targets.

IF the whole reason is to see the content you want to see and get your nostalgia trip. Why not vox this month, then open full pop fear next month, Hate after that, Sky, Naggy, Kael, ToV, etc.

Rotate the targets, everyone will eventually get to see everything, and no one has to get bummed about losing 1/4 shots at there oh so precious bladestopper, but instead like 1/10 on everything.

Could post a schedule of proposed targets long ahead of time, giving people time to prepare, and earthquakes would be less of a problem because the whole week could be dedicated, so whenever it pops, kill is 10 hours later or w/e to give people time. Or if a solid accord is struck, could just plan on killing on sundays/other set day, and everyone leave that zone/mob up for the week that has been blocked out. then no matter what earthquake or w/e happens, it should be up.....

Legidias
09-03-2017, 12:42 PM
Any word on change in time? Or still set for 6am...

Pan
09-03-2017, 12:54 PM
@Dreenk317 you've been around enough to know that getting this in place was a coup. If this works out and people stay sane, maybe we can implement your idea. I kinda like it, really.

Being at the tip of the spear for this is a ton of work, and I'm grateful that Filbus took it on. Maybe in the next cycle...if there is one...you can give it a go.

As far as the time for vox goes, there wasn't wording in the agreement that accounted for repops.

So one of two things happened:

1. Someone ate the open Vox.

or

2. We mean for open Voxes (Naggys) to be scheduled in advance, thereby excluding repops from the count.

I prefer the 2nd option for a lot of reasons (including making a mess of blame/shame/fingerpointing/etc., on a repop).

But we'll need some buyin.

Failing that, we'll schedule next within a day or so. And it won't be at 6am unless Vox died 16 hours earlier than that. I have no idea on ToD. But the raid time will be informed by ToD +7d +8h. Ish.

ghastlie
09-03-2017, 01:29 PM
Is the scheduled time going to fluctuate (sorry if this was already asked & I missed the answer)? Repop timing aside, 6am EST -or any time slot for that matter- obviously isn't a one-size-fits-all scenario so I wondered if there would be different start times each month to account for different time zones people might be in. IE: Noon PST is easier on the west coast peoples & isn't too late for BST raiders, etc. Thanks. :)

Legidias
09-03-2017, 03:05 PM
Yes, read rest of thread =D. Raids are for last hours in window, so will fluictuate as needed

Dreenk317
09-03-2017, 10:28 PM
Yes, read rest of thread =D. Raids are for last hours in window, so will fluictuate as needed

Theoretically, yes. But theoretically they might also fluctuate by only a couple hours on each side. I think he's more curious, if with it being a set raid, can't we not just set a time that's more convenient? Instead of one hour after window close no matter what?

Legidias
09-03-2017, 10:49 PM
Also as stated earlier, people seem to want to roll with changing time to equalize across US and international and diff time zones

Pokesan
09-03-2017, 11:16 PM
can we just have this on US time?

why cater to the overseas vocal minority? #maga

Breaken
09-04-2017, 06:43 PM
Someone killed her again on the repop today. This will have to be next week?

Pan
09-04-2017, 09:31 PM
Yeah - needs to be first one with one week notice.

And naggy 3rd same way.

Cannot really expect to do it on a repop. Open raids should be scheduled in advance.

Also not great to bar guilds from the two on a repop. Good test of the mettle.

Dreenk317
09-05-2017, 01:15 PM
Yeah - needs to be first one with one week notice.

And naggy 3rd same way.

Cannot really expect to do it on a repop. Open raids should be scheduled in advance.

Also not great to bar guilds from the two on a repop. Good test of the mettle.

I agree, repops are repops, it's unfortunate they are delaying this. But this should be planned in advance yes.

skarlorn
09-06-2017, 09:06 AM
I'm in hospital for Dank memes so everyone listen to Cloki, he will lead u to great fun

Lhancelot
09-06-2017, 09:44 AM
I'm in hospital for Dank memes so everyone listen to Cloki, he will lead u to great fun

Wondered where you been. What happen, you in the hospital for the same issues as last time? Hope you getting better...

skarlorn
09-06-2017, 10:00 AM
Yeah man it's all good stuff im Getting new poop chute wired in so no more colostomy bag, pras the lord

Lhancelot
09-06-2017, 11:12 AM
Yeah man it's all good stuff im Getting new poop chute wired in so no more colostomy bag, pras the lord

Ahhh nice you getting your appliances updated. Good to hear it's just planned maintenance. :p

***BTW, we were looking for your input on the RP thread written in server chat titled "We're losing the server" iirc...

Expediency
09-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Personally, im all for open raids, and love killing Vox, one of my favorite dragons to kill for some reason. But, I think this once a month open raid thing should alternate targets.

IF the whole reason is to see the content you want to see and get your nostalgia trip. Why not vox this month, then open full pop fear next month, Hate after that, Sky, Naggy, Kael, ToV, etc.

This was floated but rejected outright. I believe it can be done on a limited scale. Maybe we can try in the future.

skarlorn
09-06-2017, 12:41 PM
The reason why not is because this is just the first step. It's easier to get all guilds on board and then go from there =)

Dildy
09-06-2017, 04:40 PM
Any updates to when this will be happening? Pras Filbus.

Pan
09-06-2017, 05:08 PM
I'll make a post tomorrow. The furry-footed one is, sadly, indisposed (mostly).

Best wishes for a swift back-to-normal-ing, Filbus.

Crashking
09-16-2017, 06:53 AM
Any updates to when this will be happening? Pras Filbus.

Guess it might be delayed until next Month?? :confused:

Seems I lost track of things and new tread was made -- http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280927&page=3

Will have to look out for next one - next month for sure.

Dildy
09-17-2017, 05:27 PM
Any updates on Nagafen raid? :)

skarlorn
09-18-2017, 12:01 AM
Waiting to receive ToD for this Naggy, then will post a thread for open Naggy raid. Some weird delays due to a repop this month.