PDA

View Full Version : Ip temporarily blocked

Anpippin
02-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Hey me and a friend want to play EQ on the 99 server but it says ip is temporarily blocked. How do we fix this?

guineapig
02-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Don't play at the same house.

Or submit an IP exception request if this friend is a roommate.

skipdog
02-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Huh? IP Exemptions are for roommates only? I've never heard that before.

That really... makes me extremely sad. My friends and I LAN together a few times/week. Why only roommates? I honestly can't even understand a point in that... it doesn't prevent somebody from lying about roommate status and multi-boxing.

I'll patiently wait some weeks to get our IP exemption approved... but if I know that it never will be, because my friends are not roommates...I guess I would like to know. If we can never play together in the same room then we'll have to find some other game. So sad though... we are all having a blast when we all go to our respective homes and play.

I guess it would just be nice to get a firm answer on this roommate thing.

Humerox
02-22-2011, 04:05 PM
as long as you don't 2-box, u can have an ip exemption. Chic's post was a subtle hint regarding that. they also approve exemptions in batches, which are low priority. i've heard of people getting an approval in less than 24 hours, and others where it took more than 3 weeks.

apply in the petition forum and be patient.

stonebeard22
02-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Usually seems to take 2-3 weeks, about the full 3 on mine. It was worth it though, specially when you get to play with your friends all the time.

I don't see why it would matter about LAN'S as Obviously you cannot be boxing that many people at the same time if you have 3-4 friends over. But never looked up the rules on that.