PDA

View Full Version : Just started... getting frequent "IP has temporary block"

shuklak
02-22-2011, 06:42 PM
However, I have only tried to log in to 1 account, the only one I have. And nobody from this house/network has tried to yet either...

Just curious if there something I need/can do. I tried to play on 2 computers and one of them had messed up problems and was barely playable. I'm thinking maybe it's because I was on 2 computers?? (Not at the same time though)

The most recent time this happened just now I zoned to Qeynos hills then got booted, and it let me get to the char select then booted me.

Messianic
02-22-2011, 06:46 PM
When you log off one account, there's a brief (30-45 seconds, i think - based on experience when i log from my ranger's account to my wizard's account) delay where you are technically "logged in."

If you're trying to relog instantly from one account to the other on diff computers, i can see how that might happen...

Btw, nothing will stop some people from assuming that you're a boxer based on this ;)

shuklak
02-22-2011, 07:04 PM
When you log off one account, there's a brief (30-45 seconds, i think - based on experience when i log from my ranger's account to my wizard's account) delay where you are technically "logged in."

If you're trying to relog instantly from one account to the other on diff computers, i can see how that might happen...

Btw, nothing will stop some people from assuming that you're a boxer based on this ;)
I could see what you're saying, but I only have 1 account total and nobody else plays from my house right now.

Nedala
02-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Did you post in the petition section?

Baa
02-22-2011, 08:03 PM

This - my enc and SK are under diff accounts, whenever I swap over to the other char I always give it a min or else I get the same error. This is also the case when swapping between computers, when I move to my laptop or my desktop I always need to give it a min before I log back in.

Messianic
02-22-2011, 09:25 PM
This - my enc and SK are under diff accounts, whenever I swap over to the other char I always give it a min or else I get the same error. This is also the case when swapping between computers, when I move to my laptop or my desktop I always need to give it a min before I log back in.

An Aussie :D I bet you have an awesome accent ;)

Duma
02-23-2011, 12:41 AM
Anytime you exit the game without camping out you stay in game as link dead for around 60 seconds. The server will not let you back in until it purges your character from the game world or you do something to alter your I.P.

Baa
02-23-2011, 01:25 AM
An Aussie :D I bet you have an awesome accent ;)

Hah.... Irish and American parents, no Aussie accent at all

gnomishfirework
02-23-2011, 02:31 AM
I get this when I switch accounts. By the second time I try to log in, it always goes through. If it takes longer, try changing your IP.

Messianic
02-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Hah.... Irish and American parents, no Aussie accent at all

Haha, gotcha

Nedala
02-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Did anyone even read the guy said he only has 1 account...

shuklak
02-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Did anyone even read the guy said he only has 1 account...
lol... yes that is true.

Its happening again today. I crashed while zoning and get the IP error when trying to log back in.

skipdog
02-23-2011, 05:14 PM
lol... yes that is true.

Its happening again today. I crashed while zoning and get the IP error when trying to log back in.

Did you fail to read the posts?

It's been clearly stated that yes, when you crash, you are going to receive that error until a minute has passed and your character is booted out of the world. If you are waiting longer than a minute and still cannot get on, then state it in your post!!

Maybe you need to look into the source of your crashing, instead of worrying about this message.

Unless something else is happening to you... you are going to have to be more specific. Your OP simply stated "this happened recently when I crashed while loading". That is about the only information we have. You still haven't stated that you are experiencing any behavior that is not the same thing the rest of us experience.

So please, give some more detail... because from what you have posted, this simply sounds like the normal thing that happens after crashing, and nothing more.