PDA

View Full Version : 60 torp shammy - solo cash camps?

Malrubius
09-11-2017, 04:19 PM
Weird question, but been away for a while. Anybody have a list of reasonably laid back, but profitable, cash camps for a rusty 60 shammy (with torp, epic) to do solo?

Skew
09-11-2017, 04:24 PM
If you pst me we can become greater than the sum of our parts and farm more pp.
All i ask is 60-40 split.

Trelaboon
09-12-2017, 10:07 AM
Velks is a good zone that's pretty easy. You can always do NG or Crypt in sebilis as well

loramin
09-12-2017, 11:13 AM
As the Treasure Hunting Guide (link in signature) suggests, another great option is Howling Stones (Charasis).

Toomuch
09-12-2017, 01:08 PM
If you're going for "uncontested" when you say "laid-back", you could try killing for spells in Skyfire.

If you're feelin' more gutsy, and depending on your current gear level, as well as what Velious Faction(s) you care about, you could maybe kill some of the easier stuff in Western Wastes.

Mistersmiles
09-12-2017, 06:28 PM
As a torp shaman the world is your oyster. However I still find the best cash camp to be a 3 or 4 man Fungus King group and keep slingin them tunics. Hard to beat a 45k come up on a common item drop that is still the best item in the game

I would stick with this because fungi tunics are fairly liquid and with the stagnant p99 economy right now, you might have to hold onto some items for a fairly long time if they arent commonly purchased.

HippoNipple
09-13-2017, 10:23 AM
The guys asks for the best solo spot and people say a 3-4 man camp because the item is cool. You guys have some type of disability?

mickmoranis
09-13-2017, 11:44 AM
couldnt a torp shaman solo a bunch of stuff in keal and sell armor MQ's? idk because I havent tried but Id imagine you could do the arena area no?

loramin
09-13-2017, 01:33 PM
couldnt a torp shaman solo a bunch of stuff in keal and sell armor MQ's? idk because I havent tried but Id imagine you could do the arena area no?

Those Kael mobs have insane regen though, so I'm not sure a solo shaman can output enough DPS. Even if they can I would imagine it would be a pretty slow fight.

Alanus
09-13-2017, 02:04 PM

Too much regen I would imagine. They regen like 2% a tick

To answer OP's question, as others said, NG/Crypt in seb, HS, WW dragons. Could probably add in really any seb camp, maybe get lucky on a RBG off krups.

Jimjam
09-13-2017, 02:52 PM
If you are interested in WW dragons I could provide a meat shield and a little dps. It should help shake off the rust to duo them before you start to solo them!

mickmoranis
09-13-2017, 03:09 PM
man thats lame... stupid 3rd expansion / slipperyslope to stupid dumb not classic everquest.

#prekunark4life

Pyrocat
09-13-2017, 03:26 PM
You're going to have a hard time with the +6 neck dragons in WW solo, and especially pulling them to a kill spot with no wanderers/adds. The +4 neck dragons should be cake though, and most of them spawn along the northern shore so it's easy to pull them to a solo spot. You'll want to focus on the ones that drop the dragonhide piece you want to sell, for example Bravatar (https://wiki.project1999.com/Bratavar) drops the hp/mana mantle that everyone and their twink is after. Also they drop great/greater dragon heads, which (if you have good giant faction) you can turn in for these quests:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Living_Dragons
https://wiki.project1999.com/Dragon_Heads

Jimjam
09-14-2017, 01:56 AM
Note: my meat shield is factioned with giants, so can even turn in the dragon heads for you to split the winnings.

I appreciate it isn't solo, but the offer is there.

Troxx
09-14-2017, 02:51 AM

As others have mentioned, their regen is too high to be possible. To demonstrate the point, a duo 60 monk (epic + SoM) and 60 sham (+ pet) combined dps is enough to kill a Veteran but so much of that dps is negated by regen that the fight takes 15 minutes. If you add another monk or a rogue the fight drops to like 4 minutes.

I doubt there's a shaman on the server who can dish out enough dps to drop a veteran. Possibly a lesser giant but it will be a long ass fight and those only very rarely drop armor. Mobs are resistant and you'd have to be able to deal with adds. Cleric mobs? Not a chance. Runners? With their hp and regen you'd have a hard time dropping even a lesser giant before it made it to a buddy.

On top of that, there's no practical way to break in solo.

Kael arena is doable duo, but for all of the above reasons I frankly prefer a trio or 4-man run. With 1 extra dps toon you can kill 3x faster (due to mob regen). Unlike most of EQ, the gains at the individual level (not group) are actually better with 3 even though you can duo the content.

Swish
09-14-2017, 03:42 AM
Is the east wing of HS soloable by a shaman? Hmm.

Mead
09-14-2017, 04:01 AM
A good chill camp are the 2x bugs just before disco. You can kill one off to the side down in the little hole so avoid agro, then snag the roaming frog, other bug, and then golem if you choose.

enjoy

p.pumpjob
09-14-2017, 08:46 AM
sea furies

Yuuvy The Destroyer
09-14-2017, 06:26 PM
Is the east wing of HS soloable by a shaman? Hmm.

Yes.

Would probably be easier to make a list of things a shaman could not solo.

Jimjam
09-15-2017, 01:40 AM
A lot of off topic posting, admittedly including myself.

Efreeti in SolB can be fairly laid back solo once you break into the camp. Frenzy in Guk still worth camping by many too.

Frenzied spiders in Velks are easy peasy and doesn't require hyperactivity. Broodling only requires cycling like 3 spawns to keep the PH solo.

I'm sure there are even more laid back spots for a rusty shaman on top of these.

Are there any items or spells you are still after? Maybe you can find some velious goodies you are missing and work on them?

Malrubius
09-20-2017, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I also found this (somewhat outdated now) link - http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244179

I have solo'd WW (tier 4) dragons before, and right now I'm soloing cliff golems in OT in the hopes I'll eventually get lucky.

To answer some of the questions, I just don't get online much anymore, and when I do, it's often just for 30 minutes or so, tops. So grouping isn't really a viable option, nor is a long involved crawl (unless it's to get to a camp where I can camp out and return anytime I want).

Life617
09-21-2017, 12:40 AM
Check out the solo artist challenge and slowly work through it.

Baler
09-21-2017, 01:13 AM
Check out the solo artist challenge and slowly work through it.

That is actually a great suggestion!
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80165
Warmup:
[ ] the froglok king [48 paladin, Ruins of Old Guk]
[ ] Frenzied Pox Scarab [50 Warrior, Sebilis Disco]
[ ] Froglok Ostiary [50 Warrior, Sebilis Disco]
[ ] The Golem Master [50 Warrior, HS North]
[ ] Sentient Bile [50 Warrior, HS North]
[ ] Crypt Wurm [50 Warrior, HS North]
[ ] The Spectre Sepulcher [50 Monk, HS North]

Solo Disciple: any 7
[ ] Gangrenous Scarab [51 Warrior, Sebilis]
[ ] Knight of Sathir [51 Warrior, Karnors]
[ ] Construct of Sathir [52 Shadowknight, Karnors]
[ ] A Drolvarg warlord [53 Warrior, Karnors]
[ ] a necrosis scarab [53 Warrior, Sebilis]
[ ] Crypt Caretaker [53 Warrior, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] Estrella of Gloomwater [51 Druid, Kedge]
[ ] The Crypt Keeper [50 Necromancer, HS North]
[ ] Froglok Pickler [52 Warrior, Sebilis Disco]
[ ] Froggy [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
[ ] Froglok Armorer [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
[ ] Froglok Armsman [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
[ ] Froglok Chef [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
[ ] Froglok Repairer [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
[ ] Gruplinort [53 Wizard, Sebilis Disco]

Solo Master/Duo Disciple: any 8 including at least one each from HS South and Sebilis Crypt
[ ] Froglok Commander [55 Warrior, Sebilis Disco]
[ ] Brogg [55 Warrior, Sebilis Disco]
[ ] Baron Yosig [55 Warrior, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] Arch Duke Iatol [55 Shadowknight, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] blood of chottal [55 Monk, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] Harbinger Freglor [55 Necromancer, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] Hierophant Prime Grekal [55 Shaman, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] the Skeleton Sepulcher [50 Warrior, HS South]
[ ] a Crypt Spectre [50 Shadowknight, HS South]
[ ] Efreeti Lord Djarn [50 Wizard, Nagafen's Lair]
[ ] Slizik the Mighty [54 Warrior, The Hole]
[ ] Skeletal Procurator [52 Shadowknight, HS West]
[ ] The Crypt Feaster [52 Warrior, HS South]
[ ] Embalming Fluid [52 Warrior, HS South]
[ ] The Spectre Spiritualist [53 Monk, HS South]

Solo Grandmaster/Duo Master: any 6 including one L56+ and one from HS East
[ ] King Tranix [52 Shadowknight, Nagafen's Lair]
[ ] Magi Rokyll [52 Wizard, Nagafen's Lair]
[ ] Warlord Skarlon [53 Warrior, Nagafen's Lair]
[ ] A Black Reaver [51 Warrior, City of Mist]
[ ] A cliff golem [58 Warrior, The Overthere]
[ ] The Crypt Excavator [54 Warrior, HS East]
[ ] Reanimated Plaguebone [54 Warrior, HS East]
[ ] Mortiferous Protector [54 Warrior, HS East]
[ ] a Howling Spectre [54 Monk, HS East]
[ ] Drusella Sathir [55 Necromancer, HS East]
[ ] The Undertaker Lord [56 Shadowknight, HS East]
[ ] Dartain the Lost [55 Necromancer, The Hole]

Solo God Mode/Duo Grandmaster: any 5
[ ] Neh'Ashiir [54 Enchanter, City of Mist]
[ ] Myconid Spore King [56 Paladin, Sebilis Catacombs]
[ ] Fear/Dread/Terror [55 Warrior, Plane of Fear]
[ ] Phinigel Autropos [53 Wizard, Kedge]
[ ] Protector of Sky [55 Rogue, Plane of Sky]
[ ] Emperor Chottal [60 Necromancer, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] sebilite protector [60 Warrior, Sebilis Catacombs]
[ ] Tolapumj [60 Enchanter, Sebilis Catacombs]
[ ] Lord Rak'Ashiir [54 Wizard, City of Mist]
[ ] Korocust [61 Warrior, Chardok]

Duo God Mode: any 5
[ ] Zordakalicus Ragefire [54 Warrior, Nagafen's Lair]
[ ] a dracoliche [53 Warrior, Plane of Fear]
[ ] Maestro of Rancor [53 Warrior, Plane of Hate]
[ ] Ixiblat Fer [61 Warrior, Burning Woods]
[ ] Overking Bathezid [63 Cleric, Chardok]
[ ] Prince Selrach Di'Zok [61 Warrior, Chardok]
[ ] Queen Velazul Di'Zok [62 Shaman, Chardok]
[ ] General V'ghera [65 Shadowknight, Kithicor Forest]
[ ] Gorgalosk [60 Warrior, Plane of Sky]
[ ] Noble Dojorn [60 Paladin, Plane of Sky]
[ ] The Spiroc Guardian [60 Shaman, Plane of Sky]

Someone should do a proper velious addition to this. Something well thought out and presented clearly.

kagrobb
09-23-2017, 10:06 AM
torp shm can pretty much solo most of it. POM is fun for the first year and velks is boring after a week or so, seb is usually ok but you can eat the trains, WW dragons are fun but need a tank/monk for 6 necks.

you can farm spells from wurms outside of vp if you are good and generally it takes a lot of lucky spell checks on slows and dots to do that without a tank duo.

having soloed on live for several years or two boxing with a tank ( on live not here) i would honestly recommend getting a sk pally or monk to duo with or a chanter. Life gets boring running solo and being antisocial.

Snares are godly but paladin lay hands and stuns will save the day and chanters need no sales pitch in a shm duo.

loramin
09-23-2017, 10:43 AM
Someone should do a proper velious addition to this. Something well thought out and presented clearly.

The closest we have so far is: http://wiki.project1999.com/Solo_Artist_Challenge. However it was just the result of a few people in a single thread suggesting Velious additions for the old challenge, so it's definitely not yet a fully-finished product.

It is a wiki though, so if anyone is motivated to improve it they can. Or, if anyone starts a new thread on the topic, I'll happily update the wiki in response.

Transylvania
09-24-2017, 04:02 PM
As a torp shaman stuck at 60, I assume you're after quick/simple kills, there's old world (Guk/SolB) and Kunark (Sebilis). You wont be soloing anything in Kael that could even drop armor, just using your spells anyhow. And the risk of trying isn't worth it the drop rates are low and meant for raiding and fast kills. Velks mobs have duo+ HPs, really high for solo. And that's just the easy camps (ramp spiders). Sebilis can be nice cash if you are lucky, and persist at it. Drop rates on anything more than gems or Kunark armor is really low (SBC/RBG/etc). Use line of sight every encounter in there solo, especially with wizards. Keep gate loaded in Sebilis and bind outside the portal. Long wait for a score usually but when it hits it pays off. The reason I bored of the solo torp shaman was the constant canni-ing, especially after clearing a 3 mob encounter and being oom or near it, unless you get lucky and a chanter hits you with a c2, which in a group you will often have on all the time. Downtime due to mana regen sucks when oom if you want to be most efficient and canni it all back. Or you could take the lazy route, fight until not enough for the next battle, gate out, sit and afk a while. If you choose to hold a camp like NG, you lose the gate/afk luxury when oom. In my experience it was fun for maybe 500 or so hours, solo. Found a couple of SBCs (Bok/Kor shamans) and a few obulus death shrouds and various valueless spells 51-54. If you fight Krup shamans or wizards past NG you'll wanna make sure you malo, they are resisters. And always, keep them separated, so only one is in line of sight of you and your pet. They also summon so they are risky, I'd avoid soloing them altogether.

Lojik
09-24-2017, 09:16 PM
Are the kael mobs that drop armor much harder than bjrakor the cold? I soloed him on a 60 shm with relatively shitty gear. That's a camp you could do and sell loot rights to?

You can solo some of the +6s, i feel like pulling those actually got easier with leash aggro. Ayillish is easiest, Ionat next and Entariz is 3rd easiest. Terrain is your friend.

Are Coldain heads worth it to camp? You can tear through those in the mines.

Coldain Skin dudes worth it to kill anymore?

Jimjam
09-25-2017, 01:31 AM
Are thurg armor drops really worth that much?

Even when I try give MQs away for free no one is interested.

Malrubius
09-25-2017, 07:57 AM
You can solo some of the +6s, i feel like pulling those actually got easier with leash aggro. Ayillish is easiest, Ionat next and Entariz is 3rd easiest. Terrain is your friend.

I was thinking of trying this. Would I want to pump up CR or MR for Ayillish?