PDA

View Full Version : Solo Leveling Guide for a Twink Monk?

Diabolic2442
09-13-2017, 12:55 PM
My monk twink just hit 20 in Kurn's and the Zem was amazing soloing the place but now it's slowing down. What are some good places to solo until 60 that will be most efficient? I don't have a ton of play time any more which is why I'd rather solo when I can. The twink has Fungi/CoF and AC/SoS/TStaff. Hoping for more high Zem areas like Kurn's.

Siberious
09-13-2017, 01:00 PM
At 20 go to kurns basement until 25. Then TT ZL in SoNH until 31 on the Iksar betrayers in the cave. I did this all without fungi/CoF was fun.

Wibo49
09-13-2017, 01:02 PM
I did a monk twink to 56 recently. I did 20-30 in WW giant fort in like a day, then HH guards to 42 in really short order. The zem there is amazing. I grouped in CoM til 44 or so, then I solo'd SolB to 52 in about a week and a half. I then got to 56 soloing in KC in about a week.

Another place to look at from 20-40 is SolA, great Zem and you can get exp from the goblins or the gnomes.

Diabolic2442
09-13-2017, 01:05 PM
At 20 go to kurns basement until 25. Then TT ZL in SoNH until 31 on the Iksar betrayers in the cave. I did this all without fungi/CoF was fun.

I went to the basement at 20 and there's only a few blue burranai's while the rest were green along with mostly green skellies. Am I supposed to go much deeper in the basement?

I did a monk twink to 56 recently. I did 20-30 in WW giant fort in like a day, then HH guards to 42 in really short order. The zem there is amazing. I grouped in CoM til 44 or so, then I solo'd SolB to 52 in about a week and a half. I then got to 56 soloing in KC in about a week.

Another place to look at from 20-40 is SolA, great Zem and you can get exp from the goblins or the gnomes.

Would that be #12 on the map for the WW Giants at lv20? https://wiki.project1999.com/Warsliks_Woods

Siberious
09-13-2017, 01:07 PM
I went to the basement at 20 and there's only a few blue burranai's while the rest were green along with mostly green skellies. Am I supposed to go much deeper in the basement?

Would that be #12 on the map for the WW Giants at lv20? https://wiki.project1999.com/Warsliks_Woods

I did monk & cleric from 20-25 off of purely the skeletons. With that twinked of a monk you can handle the Bury as well, most greens besides the lowest skeletons will give XP till 24, and then you're just plowing around through mostly green XP to 25.

Sacer
09-13-2017, 02:26 PM
On mine I did Kurns to 18, Upper Guk to 38, Sol A on gnomes to 44 then Sol B.

Pyrocat
09-13-2017, 03:04 PM

This is the right answer. 20 may be a little low to get started there but exp flies by astonishingly fast in SolA. You can kill gnomes/clockworks until about level 44 and the exp you get off greens is still amazing. Even if several people have the same idea, the gnome area is so large that it can support multiple groups without ever overlapping. And there's a goblin merchant in zone to sell ore/FS weapons to, or just go outside and sell to druid merchant.

HHK guards/goblins are also an option for amazing ZEM in a similar level range, but honestly it's so popular that you'll spend half your time traveling there then immediately traveling to an alternate spot because it's already camped.

For weapons you may want to hold off on using the Tstaff until it procs. Dual wield AC/SOS is going to give you more DPS across almost all levels pre-50. It depends how lazy you want to be, because the DPS starts to even out if you do the 2HB unequip trick.

Jimjam
09-13-2017, 03:09 PM
Najena can take you into the 30s off various skeletons (and later ogres).

I did monk & cleric from 20-25 off of purely the skeletons. With that twinked of a monk you can handle the Bury as well, most greens besides the lowest skeletons will give XP till 24, and then you're just plowing around through mostly green XP to 25.

I did my ranger till like 23 on Kurns skeletons. Then I turned in 400 bone chips for a third more of a level in Kaladim. For science!

Rygar
09-13-2017, 04:59 PM
I can't speak to ZEMs really, but I did really well in Swamp of No Hope at the undead camp opposite cabilis. Is a good spot to rest with sneak on to avoid almost every roamer and fight there. I didn't even have a fungi, maybe had SCHW at the time.

Pretty sure I was mid twenties there or slightly higher, maybe stayed in that zone until 32ish.

As soon as you can, I recommend going to hunt Tundra Yeti's in Dreadlands. 6min respawn or so, very low agro radius (fight them on spawn point). Can hold down a lot of them with a fungi and bandages. You even make some decent gem drop loot off them. I think you could stay there from 38-46 if you wanted. Camped a bunch, but with fast respawns you can usually get yourself a cubby, also there is a lesser used cave opposite the popular one with 4-5 spawns (gotta catch one of the spawns fast else he wanders out into the tundra).

Raavak
09-13-2017, 05:07 PM
I liked doing the tundra yetis on my monk. The respawn rate was perfect and it was fairly safe.

Biggest thing is finding a spot that you don't have to fight for. Some of the best "fishing holes" are well known and "overfished". Its best to not have to look long for something to kill... minimizing the time between kills and maximizing efficiency.

Kesselring
09-13-2017, 05:45 PM
If this is your first monk I highly suggest eventually getting groups and practicing pulling or at the very least practice pulling yourself in dungeons and know how to get a single.

Other than that, at 35 you're gonna wanna use your tstaff. You will start riposting for higher damage and getting riposted less by having a bigger delay. You really just need to worry about 20-25. Which you can do mistmoore canyon(between pond and graveyard) and get it over with quickly or you can do orcs in oasis or you can try upper guk stuff.

At 25 go to high keep and kill guards, you can vendor there and bank there and you can level from 25-40 there easy and make about 7-8k Plat which can pay for your ot hammer and ports later on. At 40 go do tundra yetis, they respawn fast and easily the best experience from 40-45. At 45 you can either do bats and bugs in solb or you can do com solo (might be able to get buffs there) or you can do lguk solo if you have good magic resist or just do minotaurs with the added bonus of camping raster if you plan to do that quest (if you just get a kill squad for bro z you still might want to get another robe so you can have the lost circle robe with epic, the haste doesn't stack but the str and ac do and its great for soloing). Once you hit 50 you can go back to com and try temple or 2nd floor or you can keep doing bats and bugs in solb. Your can also try your hand at doing drolvargs at KC entrance. Technically you could solo 50-60 but it's way faster with a duo partner then you can hit up turnkey in KC or do HS or even duo Kedge keep/freeti in solb.

nostalgiaquest
09-13-2017, 07:52 PM
Uguk is great ZEM and at 20 you should be able to kick some ass in there. I play during off hours and there's never anyone there. Can't say how crowded it gets during prime time.

+1 vote for permafrost too. Noone ever goes there and its a fun zone.

A monk twink is a great way to explore zones you haven't seen before. FD and a fungi makes you pretty godlike at lower levels. So that'd be my recommendation. Enjoy the ride.

xtraball
09-14-2017, 03:11 AM
How come nobody talks about Dalnir when it comes to monks ??

Jimjam
09-14-2017, 03:15 AM
Dalnir isn't such an easy zone. It doesn't help that not many people have experience of navigating / the quirks of the zone. It's not somewhere you can just stroll into and have a good time.

Swish
09-14-2017, 03:38 AM

Too many dots, too many casters...it's annoying :/

jolanar
09-14-2017, 07:30 AM
Kurns to 20.

Karanas from 20 to 30.

Sol A or Highkeep from 30 to 40 (give or take depending on gear) are by far the holy grail of the mid levels for a monk.

After that, the yetis in Dreadlands until 45.

Then Ogre guards/Spectres/Hill Giants rotate between all three depending on whats open until 51.

At 51 your soloing starts to diminish rapidly. But Highkeep nobles are good until 54. Bats in Sol B are good but very heavily camped.

Rygar
09-14-2017, 09:21 AM
Once you have epic, at probably 52 you can solo at the pit in the Hole (helps to have the summon shuriken bracer for pulling). You can even get +paineel faction in the warrens, learn the sneak / flop route to paineel teleporter to vendor and restock bandages.

For the Hole solo pro, can make a low level gnome magician that worships brell. Spend about 1k in bone chips to hand in Kaladim for easy exp to 12. Once you get bind you can really help yourself solo as a monk. Can create a low level pet to train away mobs, camp over, then run quick on your monk to a safe spot and flop until they path back. Great for navigating (but careful not to train anyone). You also can summon stacks of bandages easy and drop xfer them.

Can even drop xfer your goods and sell em in paineel (requires a bit more time investment, like your mage farming warrens faction).

I soloed every bit of exp from 56-60 in the Hole, I parsed my log and I made around 56k in vendor trash and Loam / Smoldering brand drops. (Yes, I had a Brell factioned wizard that i can drop xfer to, port to WC, and sell on my EC mule... I have Hole love issues).

Loam prices have fallen about half since I was there, but still get some good quick sells out of it. Need some root nets to take out some of the named reliably, they can be beasts.

Recommend packing +MR / +FR sets for the casters, I tried to get 110 MR and 150 FR to get reliable resists and minimal damage. Epic a must to interrupt casting too.

My main reason for taking this solo route is I had very sporadic play time and had to take frequent AFKs (new baby). So duoing / grouping wasn't an option, so worked perfect for me. Camps were almost totally uncontested.

Raavak
09-14-2017, 09:37 AM
Dalnir isn't such an easy zone. It doesn't help that not many people have experience of navigating / the quirks of the zone. It's not somewhere you can just stroll into and have a good time.I don't know how Crescent Armor ranks anymore, but I know this zone used to be loved by monks. But it is a screwy magic/maze/trap zone that you kind of have to learn if you want to survive.

Alanus
09-14-2017, 10:01 AM
For the difficulty, Dalnir isn't worth it, especially as a solo monk. I can't imagine Crescent armor is all that good anymore

Kesselring
09-15-2017, 08:45 PM

Casters, pet caster classes, very close spawns until you get deeper in the dungeon and even then there's only like 2 areas where the spawns aren't super close and you're not wasting time splitting.

dslaybac
09-17-2017, 05:57 PM
I vote mistmoore / uguk for 20-30
SolA 30-40
SolB 40-60 tho you will need a partner or group for efreeti

Have fun!

Zemus
09-17-2017, 06:52 PM
Newbie area until you get to kurns
Kurns until 20 (by 18/19 you'll solo the entire bottom floor)
Warsilk woods giant camp until 23ish
LOIO by lake (velspar entrance) until you can do the sarnak fort
LOIO sarnak fort (ledge camp) until 30
30-39 in sola (captain camp to 36 then clockwork gnomes to 39)
OT by the skyfire ramp 40-46 (free buffs by friendly travelers)

At this time you should make friends with a shaman or 7 and duo to 60. If you insist on staying solo take it to the hole or solb

aaezil
09-18-2017, 09:35 PM
tstaff sucks so bad, wonder why everyone thinks its so great

Speedi
09-18-2017, 10:11 PM
I did SolA gnomes from 36-45 on my paly and monk. Yes the XP is that good.

Kesselring
09-19-2017, 03:55 AM
tstaff sucks so bad, wonder why everyone thinks its so great

2hb tricking, stun proc that can stun for up to 8 seconds, hardly gets resisted, and dd's for 120 say otherwise. It's just not a lazy weapon that you can throw on and just hit auto-attack and say "my gear will win for me, ill just sit back and relax".

Pyrocat
09-19-2017, 04:41 AM
up to 8 seconds? what are the mechanics behind that

fugazi
09-19-2017, 05:12 AM
With that gear you just walk up to a blue con and press auto-attack. What the fuck man, if you got that kinda plat, you shouldn't be needing to ask these kinda questions.

azeth
09-19-2017, 12:32 PM
Go to Sol A now. Then you're 50.

Kesselring
09-19-2017, 03:52 PM
up to 8 seconds? what are the mechanics behind that

It's supposed to be a 12 second stun, but I've personally never seen it last that long on a npc. Sometimes it wears off early, and the mob is still stunned, sometimes the effect lasts as long as it's supposed to but the stun wore off early, the highest amount of time the actual stun has lasted on an npc for me is 8 seconds.

Troxx
09-20-2017, 06:45 AM
My only input for a solo melee is that the *best* locations do not always yield the best results. With monk class and this degree of twinking you can hunt most anywhere and do so safely. Dungeons and high ZEM locations offer the best xp per kill but can be crowded, camped, or be unnecessarily dangerous and result in more down time.

There is something to be said for outdoor zones with easy chain pulls. You can use jboots and sow potions. In the right areas you never run out of pulls. It's safe and you're unlikely to find yourself in a bind where your down time jumped following a double/triple mob scenario.

Chain pulling dark blues outside yields consistently good experience.

Diabolic2442
10-28-2017, 10:40 AM
Followed everyone's recommendations until 55, but now not sure where to go to solo. Any tips?

Triiz
10-28-2017, 11:17 AM
I don't know how viable this is for a monk, but you could maybe manage the HS entrance golems until like 58ish or even 60 if you don't mind grinding mostly dark greens.

There's 6 golems that are in pairs of 2 that are easy to pull without training the basement and another 2 roamer mobs that can be HTing Skels/Bottomless Feasters/Bile Golems. Some of the golems are still blue to me at 60, but most of them are dark green. None of them are ever casters if you stay away from the East stairs roamer.

Might want some root nets to break the first 2 roamers though since you can't really split them without the other one eventually roaming into your fight. If you're KOS to the outpost you'll need invis to zone in to unless you want to eat like 20 harm touches from the Scorp's while you run down. If you start running while you're still zoning like 90% of the time you can avoid getting aggro'd by the roamers when you zone in.

The big downside is you'll need a port/WC cap to get out. Besides that may want to try Rygar's recommendation of The Hole. Not a lot of great options for 55+ solo melee imo.

Legidias
10-28-2017, 11:41 AM
Not the fastest, but BW giant fort can get you xp and should be pretty easy to kill. Maybe get a gem ring drop (though Ive only seen one in thousands of kills)