PDA

View Full Version : New player with server questions...

Bunny Mage
02-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Hello!

I discovered Project 1999 from hearing it talked about in EQ2 and I am very interested in playing on the server! It's been years since I played the original EQ and I would love to recapture that old feeling of the game. However, I have a few questions about the server from a newbie perspective. If anyone could help shed some light that would be great..

*Are the drop rates/xp rates the same as in original EQ? I know a lot of private servers in games like to sometimes inflate these values.

*How is grouping on the server? I like to play in groups much more than solo, usually as either healer or tank, and want to make sure that kind of playstyle will be possible for me even though I don't personally know anyone on the server.

*Has anything been tinkered with in the game? Such as changed class balance, mob behavior, special items, added conveniences, etc?

*I remember in original EQ there was a problem with buffing/power leveling exploits. Is that still abundant in this server?

*Can the Luclin models be viewed in the game?

*How is PvP on the server? Are there any special PvP rules, or is it just a typical EQ PvE server with the Priest of Discord feature? Do many people PvP?

*Is there any kind of "global chat" for players on the server to communicate? I remember EQ1 feeling kind of lonely sometimes if you werent in a big guild or in an area without many people. I'd love to be able to actually talk with others, if possible.

*What kind of level spread is in the game? Are most players level 50, lower level, or somewhere in between?

*Is it possible to change your name or face option after character creation? Just curious.

*Is there any kind of voice chat? Such as a ventrilo server?

Okay, I suppose that's enough questions for now. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

hedbonker
02-23-2011, 06:03 PM
While certain elements here are not classic, the devs aspire to provide the classic experience as it was in 1999.

Names are pretty much set in stone. Face - dunno, never tried to change mine.

There is no global chat - just like classic.

You can turn on the new models if you prefer them. PVP is like live PVE - PoD to turn in book or /d a player.

Voice servers are typically run by guilds but I think there is a server one. Check the FAQ.

Go to most any newbie zone and you will find level 1 folks just starting on the server. GFAY, for example, typically has a dozen folks in it. CB about the same.

A LOT of folks hit 50 and semi-retired until Kunark. Not a lot to do at 50 except raid or farm...

Brambletoe
02-23-2011, 06:31 PM
*Are the drop rates/xp rates the same as in original EQ? I know a lot of private servers in games like to sometimes inflate these values.

as far as i know, yes

*How is grouping on the server? I like to play in groups much more than solo, usually as either healer or tank, and want to make sure that kind of playstyle will be possible for me even though I don't personally know anyone on the server.

Grouping is pretty solid (esp if your a tank or healer), but you def have to be proactive, If your just sitting around LFG it will be a while.

*Has anything been tinkered with in the game? Such as changed class balance, mob behavior, special items, added conveniences, etc?

No.. nothing big i can think of, its all classic (or as classic as it can get).

*I remember in original EQ there was a problem with buffing/power leveling exploits. Is that still abundant in this server?

there are exploits, if u could do it in classic u can prolly do it here.

*Can the Luclin models be viewed in the game?

yes there is way to do this.

*How is PvP on the server? Are there any special PvP rules, or is it just a typical EQ PvE server with the Priest of Discord feature? Do many people PvP?

No PvP, just duels, areas etc.

*Is there any kind of "global chat" for players on the server to communicate? I remember EQ1 feeling kind of lonely sometimes if you werent in a big guild or in an area without many people. I'd love to be able to actually talk with others, if possible.

nope

*What kind of level spread is in the game? Are most players level 50, lower level, or somewhere in between?

defiantly a LOT of 50's but lots of alt lower lvls too. and with kunark lots of newbie lizards will be around.

*Is it possible to change your name or face option after character creation? Just curious.

Face, yes. Name, no.

*Is there any kind of voice chat? Such as a ventrilo server?

nope

Okay, I suppose that's enough questions for now. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks! :)[/QUOTE]

Dumesh Uhl'Belk
02-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Perhaps the FAQ needs to be sticked in ServerChat too?

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1002

NZV
02-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Can the Luclin models be viewed in the game
yes there is way to do this.

Is it possible to change your name or face option after character creation? Just curious.
Face, yes. Name, no.

How do you do both of these things? I'm not really interested in either right now, but it may be something I'd utilize in the future.

Brambletoe
02-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Not sure about the luclin models. I have talked to other people who use them, but i personally just stick with the classic models.

Face is easily changed at any point . There is a "Face" button in your inventory, click it.

Nedala
02-23-2011, 07:52 PM
You can only use luclin models if you using the SoF client, as far as i know, and that client isn't supported. I actually think the last patch screw SoF completely over? maybe it didn't, however it's not recommended to use SoF. Luclin models look crappy anyway :P