PDA

View Full Version : Solo Monk - Emp Chottal

Kelzar
09-15-2017, 05:10 PM
Hi there guys:

So I logged into crypt and some buddy told me Emp Chottal was up. As it was uncamped decided to make my 1st attempt of the kill. And here I bring you the adventure!

(Its a long video as it contains all the break in into the Emp area)

Solo Monk - Emperor Chottal (https://youtu.be/sRf5AuS0MLA)

Swish
09-15-2017, 06:23 PM
Great vid, very impressive. Emp fight starts at the 20 minute mark ^^

Alas a shout out for "not classic" textures but I can look past that. This is proper solo artist stuff.

Mead
09-15-2017, 07:00 PM
Great vid, very impressive. Emp fight starts at the 20 minute mark ^^

Alas a shout out for "not classic" textures but I can look past that. This is proper solo artist stuff.

Those threads are great until the Daldeans of the server start claiming to fame because they used puppet string charges and other clickables for an extra edge.

If things are possible without added help like that I take my hat off to those who achieve greatness.

I'd go further and say no clickies, period. Keeps it fair and honest.

Lhancelot
09-15-2017, 07:40 PM
*showcase of Swish's hypocrisy and on-the-fence mentality*

Mead, if there's one thing consistent about Swish it's his hypocrisy and inconsistencies. Nice of you to compile a small sample size though. Love it. :p

As for the video, I didn't watch it yet I had to comment on this awesome post by Mead first.

P.S. Swish, I love your new cat gif that's hilarious how the kittens follow the sun throughout the day as it moves. :)

Swish
09-15-2017, 07:50 PM
Maybe the music drew me in, maybe it was thinking Emp couldn't be done solo at all... what I do like is that people remember everything I've ever said. The array of quotes is probably due to what I said about Mead having one too many e's in his name the other day. Accurate that is and proved here...I guess that's fandom <3

Good job derailing the guy's thread either way - try to enjoy the video rather than playing FQ games. I suppose this just became a thread about whether it's pure enough to be solo artist or not.

Can a monk solo Emp without rooting the pet? Or would that take Luclin gear?

Canelek
09-15-2017, 08:29 PM
Nice! Glad to see a melee tackle the Solo Artist Challenge list. If you have the time, could you set up a magelo? It's always fun to see what is rockin' these days.

Rygar
09-15-2017, 10:53 PM
Once again very impressive, I liked seeing the break in more than the main fight itself. Clearing all that trash in time was the real work of it.

Would have loved to see you do the splitting without bio orb or eye, something about how you got in there with a summon and the dark armour made it feel like you were a ninja on an assassination mission. So shuriken would have been a sweet touch.

Seems like you can take credit for best monk on server.

Rygar
09-15-2017, 10:57 PM
Can a monk solo Emp without rooting the pet? Or would that take Luclin gear?

To be fair, I'm told Fist of Nature is a Luclin era weapon that shouldn't be in game. I mean, 15/18 plus stats plus 160 DD... that bad boy did done damage in the fights.

Even so, other weapons may be less DPS but would take more Wort Pots or a reaper / soulfire.

Mead
09-16-2017, 02:19 AM
what I do like is that people remember everything I've ever said.

Don't feel special. I was blessed with a very good memory

Yuuvy The Destroyer
09-16-2017, 03:06 AM
To be fair, I'm told Fist of Nature is a Luclin era weapon that shouldn't be in game. I mean, 15/18 plus stats plus 160 DD... that bad boy did done damage in the fights.

Even so, other weapons may be less DPS but would take more Wort Pots or a reaper / soulfire.

It wasn't found untill luclin.
She hadn't been killed enough to see the entire loot table most likely.

GraveD
09-16-2017, 01:29 PM
How'd you glitch into the locked room?

Kelzar
09-16-2017, 03:54 PM
How'd you glitch into the locked room?

1) Find summoner mob.
2) Pull close to locked door.
3) Push past the door.
4) Root it.
5) Move away.
6) Get summoned inside room, next to rooted summoner mob.

Kesselring
09-17-2017, 06:41 AM
1) Find summoner mob.
2) Pull close to locked door.
3) Push past the door.
4) Root it.
5) Move away.
6) Get summoned inside room, next to rooted summoner mob.

I gotta admit that was next level. I liked that strategy a lot.

clacbec
09-17-2017, 02:07 PM
very impressive

skarlorn
09-17-2017, 04:41 PM
LMK if you ever need Jumjum stalks. Normally I don't give them to iksar scum, but I will make an exception for you and lift the Jum sanctions against your people.

Illsiff
09-21-2017, 03:16 PM
Hi there guys:

So I logged into crypt and some buddy told me Emp Chottal was up. As it was uncamped decided to make my 1st attempt of the kill. And here I bring you the adventure!

(Its a long video as it contains all the break in into the Emp area)

Solo Monk - Emperor Chottal (https://youtu.be/sRf5AuS0MLA)

You are great inspiration. Your other videos made me start playing my monk again.

Merrith
09-23-2017, 01:51 AM
dang nice!

Phatez
09-23-2017, 07:13 AM
What was the point of puppet string? I would say you should have puppet string the last one of his guards and maybe give it a torch. Wouldn't have had to use reaper or worts. GG buddy keep the videos coming!

Kelzar
09-23-2017, 07:33 AM
What was the point of puppet string? I would say you should have puppet string the last one of his guards and maybe give it a torch. Wouldn't have had to use reaper or worts. GG buddy keep the videos coming!

The video was the 1st attempt of this encounter as solo.

The plan was to attempt to charm his pet to avoid the root work, but it didnt work as expected so I had to change the plan on the go.

As you said, with a 2nd attempt, with more knowledge on the solo encounter as know I have, it would be much easier. Possibly close to a no reaper encounter.

And if using strong buffs (Aego, FoS, Haste) it would be for sure a non reaper encounter.

Illsiff
09-23-2017, 09:24 AM
The video was the 1st attempt of this encounter as solo.

The plan was to attempt to charm his pet to avoid the root work, but it didnt work as expected so I had to change the plan on the go.

As you said, with a 2nd attempt, with more knowledge on the solo encounter as know I have, it would be much easier. Possibly close to a no reaper encounter.

And if using strong buffs (Aego, FoS, Haste) it would be for sure a non reaper encounter.

I've never successfully charmed a pet, but - a pet cannot have a pet. So, charming the owner of the pet will break the charm/summon.

This is a great way to save your friends on floor 2 of TOFS.

Not sure the puppet strings will help you here but there's a slice of my charming knowledge.

Triiz
09-23-2017, 09:41 AM
You can charm the Pet's Owner to instantly poof the pet, obviously doesn't work on Emp but it works on a lot of mobs. Can't charm NPC pet's to poof/take control of them though, in my experience.

Jimjam
09-23-2017, 09:56 AM
Tangentially to your point, but you can charm pets, but only after the owning NPC has died.

It's handy for druids in a couple of zones where the only animals are NPC shaman pets (e.g. Caller of Sathir pet).

Muggens
09-24-2017, 12:24 PM
Cool video, honorable monk /ninja

planarity
09-25-2017, 09:19 PM
you ran out of food halfway through the video and started taking a penalty on your HP regen.

I didn't think food had anything to do with hp regen.

planarity
09-26-2017, 10:40 AM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Food_and_drink

I would assume this is in game since there is certainly an effect on mana regen/stamina loss when out of food/water.

Yeah that page says a lot of wrong things, looks like it was copied and pasted from an old article on IGN. Food doesn't affect hp regen, just endurance like you noted.