PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone evern seen a Stonemelder's Brand?

indiscriminate_hater
09-21-2017, 07:27 PM
I was wondering if anyone has seen this drop in the hole: https://wiki.project1999.com/Stonemelder%27s_Band

Triiz
09-21-2017, 07:53 PM
I haven't seen it drop, but I've seen it for sell in EC a few times recently.

Edit: Pinedours was selling one a week ago.
[Thu Sep 14 10:06:26 2017] Pinedours auctions, 'WTS stunning AC +18 Earring Stonemelder's Band 1200pp )'

98bcobra
09-21-2017, 11:56 PM
Soloed Ent/Drops from 48-52 on my Enchanter got a couple suits of loam, smoldering brands ect. Also grouped 52+ further in and never have seen it.

vorpal_raddish
09-22-2017, 04:57 AM
The wife and I have spent hundreds of hours in the hole on p99 and live, never seen one.

Saw Pinedours selling the one mentioned above awhile back and we were both like "wtf is that thing?"

Swish
09-22-2017, 05:25 AM
Same spent a lot of time in The Hole on numerous characters, not once...

Baler
09-22-2017, 07:40 AM
Added to P99 after 9/25/2016.
That's on the wiki page. I've been to the hole many times post that date, from entrance to docks and never saw it drop.

Rygar
09-22-2017, 07:44 AM
Seeing as how rare this item appeared to be in era on live, I'd say Nilbog got the drop rate juuuuust right!

Tupakk
09-22-2017, 12:01 PM
Same. I love The Hole. Not once have I seen it drop and that is after I believe he even add it to everyones loot table to correct what he added it to before.

Triiz
09-22-2017, 12:15 PM
I just asked Pinedours what it dropped from and he said a Stone Golem or Rock Golem.

He still had it a few mins ago when I asked, but then a few min later sent me a tell and said someone bought it.

Lhancelot
09-22-2017, 12:27 PM
That has to be the worst item in the game. Future condolences to future drops.

I ain't a gear master, but I thought the same thing. (Someone would BUY this!?)

Rygar
09-22-2017, 12:31 PM

I think it can have end game value... Primal to overcome -agi, can maybe still cap your agi at 255 so you aren't taking an effective ac hit. So that is 18ac for an ear slot for a warrior.

Not sure what their ac soft cap is, or how other earrings would compare, but seems like it could have a niche. Rumor has it that Furor on live used one in era.

Also saw some posts mentioning you could use it to snare a charmed mob. May not help as much if soloing, but perhaps can keep your pet snared? May need to load up another -agi item or two, I have never tested that on p99.

Triiz
09-22-2017, 12:42 PM
Also saw some posts mentioning you could use it to snare a charmed mob. May not help as much if soloing, but perhaps can keep your pet snared? May need to load up another -agi item or two, I have never tested that on p99.

Doubt that works on p99, if it does though this thing will end up worth way more than 1.2k.

Rygar
09-22-2017, 02:07 PM
A little harsh there Caiu. I understand HP is king in this world of Norrath, but there has always been a little uncertainty of how effective AC actually is in P99. I never heard how the AC parse test went on Vindi that someone was posting about (and whether or not a shield boosts AC above caps).

Can you give some more technical reasoning why, if the -35 AGI / DEX can be overcome with other gear / buffs, why 18ac is useless for an ear slot? My goal is to learn here, not argue.

I thought I heard a figure out there in regards to tanking that a 'rule of thumb' type thing is 1ac can be worth 3 or 4hp or something like that. Which means this would be rough equivalent of 54 - 72hp if that is correct. Maybe that only holds true on trash mobs that aren't always max hitting?

--------

The snaring a mob seems more doubtful on P99 no doubt, I don't believe casting a Cripple on a mob reduces run speed (and that is like -60 AGI or something) but have never looked much at it. I am not very knowledgeable about how NPC AGI works (whether it is some super high number or just behaves differently). I'm just repeating what was posted in era (could have been some noob trying to act smart or maybe had an effect).

Triiz
09-22-2017, 02:55 PM
The snaring a mob seems more doubtful on P99 no doubt, I don't believe casting a Cripple on a mob reduces run speed (and that is like -60 AGI or something) but have never looked much at it. I am not very knowledgeable about how NPC AGI works (whether it is some super high number or just behaves differently). I'm just repeating what was posted in era (could have been some noob trying to act smart or maybe had an effect).

Yeah I didn't think it made a difference, but figured it was worth taking a minute to test it to be sure.

I Cripple'd both a Guard and a Decaying Skeleton, charmed them, and ran around for a minute and they were running at normal speed. This was from a level 60 so the -AGI should've been closer to -75 AGI. If -75 AGI doesn't slow a level 1 mob down, I don't think it would make a difference on any mob on p99.

If it did work on Live it was probably nerfed at some point.

ThePeoplesBard
12-11-2017, 06:55 PM
Just stumbled on this old thread while looking for information about this item. I currently have one. Looted it on a Hole run in the spring. It's my favorite weird thing.

skarlorn
12-11-2017, 07:56 PM
really really terrible earring.

But cool.

Reminds me of the Bow of the Underfoot, another super rare drop from the golems. Probably less rare than this earring though.

*Loads another arrow into his bow of the underfoot and 360 noscopes Llandris*

skarlorn
12-12-2017, 05:42 PM
https://i.imgur.com/7OsorEG.png

Rygar
12-12-2017, 05:51 PM
It would be kind of funny if melee dps would equip this and any other -AGI items and select gear without +AGI (unsure what exists honestly) to try and effectively root yourself for fear dragons. Fear would make you just stand still if you got low enough. If dragon moves position, put earring on cursor and move (can keep run on even). Would be interesting to see if their MR / HP could get high enough still to not be a liability.

You heard it here first folks, Stonemelder's Band going for 20k in the near future, buy yours now!

branamil
12-12-2017, 06:05 PM
There's like 10 wrong assumptions with that theorycrafting, so I'll just say, no.

Tenderizer
12-12-2017, 06:11 PM

I would wear that.

Rygar
12-12-2017, 08:40 PM
There's like 10 wrong assumptions with that theorycrafting, so I'll just say, no.

Tell me! Was just a thought that entered my head, not a lot of serious consideration.

indiscriminate_hater
12-12-2017, 11:40 PM
I'm looking to buy one of these, get at me!

Sonderbeast
12-13-2017, 01:16 AM
I have one.

I switch out my EoE for it and wear it for mitigation in tank n spank fights. I hit the soft cap for iksar AC already, but even the 40% mitigation afterwards can help for more miss/minimums. Usually get boon of the garou and im fine on dex. Not an ogre war earring for sure..

Sorry not selling.

Ivory
12-13-2017, 02:34 AM
It would be kind of funny if melee dps would equip this and any other -AGI items and select gear without +AGI (unsure what exists honestly) to try and effectively root yourself for fear dragons. Fear would make you just stand still if you got low enough. If dragon moves position, put earring on cursor and move (can keep run on even). Would be interesting to see if their MR / HP could get high enough still to not be a liability.

You heard it here first folks, Stonemelder's Band going for 20k in the near future, buy yours now!

OR! Get 50k of copper!! And do the trade trick to remove the weight! And then refresh inventory to weigh yourself down when you need!

No more runnin from dragons!

Rygar
12-13-2017, 10:34 AM
OR! Get 50k of copper!! And do the trade trick to remove the weight! And then refresh inventory to weigh yourself down when you need!

No more runnin from dragons!

Staff may consider the trade trick an exploit! But regardless, i think you need to put it in a trade window, which you can't easily do in a fight.

Not sure if -AGI is an exploit either. I thought fear makes you run at a constant speed now or something, so not sure if it would cancel out your encumberment anywho.