PDA

View Full Version : FTE and Locking Mobs - Verina Tomb

Quidello
09-23-2017, 10:54 PM
What are the rules on FTE for mobs like Verina Tomb?

After the earthquake today, a guildie and I, rushed to Verina to attempt to duo her. 60 Shaman and 60 Enchanter. We saw almost nobody in the zone, and thought we lucked out. I went to grab a pet, and my guildie went to check the spawn. He found another 60 Shaman engaging Verina.

I had my pet ready for the fight shortly after, but we could not pull the mob because the other shaman had engaged. This went on for nearly 3 minutes. She was keeping the mob aggroed but not damaging it. Then after a while, her reinforcements show up in waves, and they kill Verina.

I am not sure about the official rules on this, but I don't see how tying up a mob as contested as Verina Tomb can be fair play. We were there and ready to pull, but she was holding it. She got FTE, but she wasnt going to kill it herself. We thought she was going to solo it, but my guildie noticed something was off when she wasn't even doing any damage. She said that she didn't do damage because she didn't want to get summoned, which would be fine, that is normal for pulling, but this was 3 or more minutes. None of the members of her force were in the zone when she engaged. They cited the FTE rule. But again, with FTE, don't you have to intend to kill it shortly after the pull? As in, do damage within 3 minutes at least? I wish I had screen shotted it, but I was too mad at what I perceived to be cheating. She even said to her group in say something like, "Sorry, I ran out of mana kiting her". If you hold a mob on a shaman long enough to go oom, I think that can be considered against the rules. I could be wrong.

I am pretty sure there is nothing that can be done at this point, but is this against the rules? Would be good to know. Maybe our shaman can do the same next time if this is considered fair play.

Thanks in advance.

kotton05
09-23-2017, 11:02 PM
You would have a leg to stand on if he was kiting it around (which still may not be much) but without proof... basically just gotta move on.

Mobs without a shout can be stalled by a shaman as long as they want as long as it don't leash or the kite has more than 4 mobs... I've seen ventril sathir tanked for minutes by a warrior before w/o a force (pre fte shout)

Quidello
09-23-2017, 11:36 PM
So for any mob without a shout, stalling is totally fine. Right? Wish I had known this ages ago.

98bcobra
09-24-2017, 01:02 AM
IMO I would have engaged and killed no force in place. By the time they showed up you would have killed her or close to it if using the level 50 shopkeeper.

You should be allowed to do this. That's just non sense. At the same time I just VT and Vessel in the same day today ty earthquake.

Kesselring
09-24-2017, 01:45 AM
Also remember a good way to pull her is with a resisted lull through the wall near the zone line <3

Might've been rooted? I never been in verina's room only killed her by zoneline not sure if shaman can root it at its spawn without getting adds.

As much as it sucks, the shaman did get there before you. And as long as he didnt have more than 4 mobs on his aggro list and training it around theres not much you can do til the shaman dies. Best to just bind in her room or somewhere close and get rdy to go. Otherwise youre really taking your chances. There should be no reason you can't bind at her spawn or near it unless youre bound in PoM or something in which it will cost you 2-4k to get back to that area to rebind.

GinnasP99
09-24-2017, 02:18 AM
without getting adds.

Nothing socials with Verina

Quidello
09-24-2017, 02:22 AM
[Sun Sep 24 08:59:20 2017] Aitiera says, 'sorry oom from kiting her around'

This is the line that just really pissed me off. Just realized I had logs turned on.

GinnasP99
09-24-2017, 02:27 AM
Sorry you lost this mob in this fashion. Distasteful to say the least, and more than likely, against the rules

aaezil
09-24-2017, 03:42 AM
aaand stuff like this is why people leave p99 :(

great community indeed

sonicjoose
09-24-2017, 04:20 AM
That sucks sorry

branamil
09-24-2017, 04:41 AM
I don't think they broke any rules

Most epic NPC's are not considered "raid" mobs. The exception to this is Ragefire, which is considered a 'high tier' mob (like the Fear golems).

bummer. That camp are nut crushing. I know, I camped her for weeks and lost it several times.

Foxplay
09-24-2017, 08:11 AM
No kill force and not within summon range within 1 minute of engage? Id start killing it and Kill steal it as they are stalling - I would even kill steal on stream if someone is obviously stalling with doing no damage to the mob and just waiting for people to show up Fuck em Rules or not, Fuck em they don't deserve to be protected by rules when they are obviously abusing the lack of a rule.

If you are not prepared to kill when you pull it then don't pull it and try to dance around rules to protect your obvious stalling then you deserve to be have the people that are there and ready to kill it away from your kite

In short - In the future if you suspect someone trying to obfuscate, gain advantage, or stall by quoting rules - fuck em they are prolly some scum Rules Lawyer Crybaby anyway - Kill steal em and sort it out later + shaman don't need ENC epic, FTE with no ENC to get peice? Fuck em Kill steal anyway for being a douche

Lhancelot
09-24-2017, 08:24 AM
Put this in RnF where it belongs, please. This thread deserves unbridled truth unleashed upon it.

***Also, it's a rant (justified noless) before you claim it's "just a question."

Foxplay
09-24-2017, 08:26 AM
Put this in RnF where it belongs, please. This thread deserves unbridled truth unleashed upon it.

***Also, it's a rant (justified noless) before you claim it's "just a question."

It also deserves Screenies of the Scum Lawyer in question

kotton05
09-24-2017, 09:56 AM
That's exactly what the GMs don't want foxplay... taking stuff like that into your own hands is risky because of the chance the person so called stalling is running a capture program and then turns it onto you...

jpetrick
09-24-2017, 10:08 AM
No kill force and not within summon range within 1 minute of engage? Id start killing it and Kill steal it as they are stalling - I would even kill steal on stream if someone is obviously stalling with doing no damage to the mob and just waiting for people to show up Fuck em Rules or not, Fuck em they don't deserve to be protected by rules when they are obviously abusing the lack of a rule.

If you are not prepared to kill when you pull it then don't pull it and try to dance around rules to protect your obvious stalling then you deserve to be have the people that are there and ready to kill it away from your kite

In short - In the future if you suspect someone trying to obfuscate, gain advantage, or stall by quoting rules - fuck em they are prolly some scum Rules Lawyer Crybaby anyway - Kill steal em and sort it out later + shaman don't need ENC epic, FTE with no ENC to get peice? Fuck em Kill steal anyway for being a douche

No one do any of what this dude just said.

Foxplay
09-24-2017, 10:15 AM
No one do any of what this dude just said.

Wussies waiting to call foul and cry will only be taken advantage of from people who want to play rules lawyer all day to get people to concede mobs or camps because they dont want to deal with their toxic behavior, they deserve it. Its the wait and cry rules foul to the GM's culture that has lead the server to be a ces-pool of idiots who try to strong hand and threaten rules infractions against people to try and bully them out of camps / legitimate engages. Seriously fuck this shaman, should have kill stolen his/her stalling ass

Foxplay
09-24-2017, 10:20 AM
That's exactly what the GMs don't want foxplay... taking stuff like that into your own hands is risky because of the chance the person so called stalling is running a capture program and then turns it onto you...

And how many times to people use rules to bully others or get the kill anyway and never get punished for abusing or stalling? yea......

Tenderizer
09-24-2017, 10:31 AM
Wussies waiting to call foul and cry will only be taken advantage of from people who want to play rules lawyer all day to get people to concede mobs or camps because they dont want to deal with their toxic behavior, they deserve it. Its the wait and cry rules foul to the GM's culture that has lead the server to be a ces-pool of idiots who try to strong hand and threaten rules infractions against people to try and bully them out of camps / legitimate engages. Seriously fuck this shaman, should have kill stolen his/her stalling ass

I don’t know what to say really. Biggest battle of our professional EQ lives. It all comes down to today. Now either we heal as a server, or we’re gonna crumble. Inch by inch, play by play, till we’re finished. We’re in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb out of hell. One inch at a time!

Pokesan
09-24-2017, 10:35 AM
if you aren't killing a mob fast enough i have every right to steal it from you

Foxplay
09-24-2017, 10:39 AM
if you aren't killing a mob fast enough i have every right to steal it from you

Well killing slow and not killing at all are completely different - OP said shaman wasn't even damaging mob / was not in summon range after 3 minutes. So in this case yes I would agree, steal away, obvious stalling is obvious

jpetrick
09-24-2017, 11:03 AM

lol

playing by server rules = toxic

got it.

Quidello
09-24-2017, 11:16 AM
Some Highlights. Notice the times.

[Sun Sep 24 08:53:11 2017] Haderak tells the guild, 'they're fighting her'

[Sun Sep 24 08:53:13 2017] ---------------------------
[Sun Sep 24 08:53:13 2017] [60 Oracle] Haderak (Ogre) <Mobwai>
[Sun Sep 24 08:53:13 2017] [1 Cleric] Sindirae (Dark Elf)
[Sun Sep 24 08:53:13 2017] [ANONYMOUS] Aitiera
[Sun Sep 24 08:53:13 2017] [60 Phantasmist] Quidello (Dark Elf) <Mobwai>
[Sun Sep 24 08:53:13 2017] There are 4 players in Neriak Third Gate.

[Sun Sep 24 08:53:28 2017] Haderak tells the guild, 'someone is soloing her'

[Sun Sep 24 08:56:46 2017] Gadii says out of character, '!'
[Sun Sep 24 08:56:48 2017] Players on EverQuest:
[Sun Sep 24 08:56:48 2017] ---------------------------
[Sun Sep 24 08:56:48 2017] [52 Reaver] Gadii (Erudite) <The Second Sons>
[Sun Sep 24 08:56:48 2017] [1 Cleric] Enyr (Dark Elf)
[Sun Sep 24 08:56:48 2017] [1 Cleric] Sindirae (Dark Elf)
[Sun Sep 24 08:56:48 2017] [ANONYMOUS] Aitiera
[Sun Sep 24 08:56:48 2017] [60 Phantasmist] Quidello (Dark Elf) <Mobwai>
[Sun Sep 24 08:56:48 2017] There are 5 players in Neriak Third Gate.

[Sun Sep 24 08:56:53 2017] Aitiera says out of character, 'come get aggro'

[Sun Sep 24 09:02:24 2017] Aitiera tells you, 'I didnt want to risk damaging for summon'

[Sun Sep 24 09:02:36 2017] Aitiera tells you, 'my people were next zone over'

[Sun Sep 24 09:04:39 2017] You told Aitiera, 'if you are afraid of a summon, it means you cant kill it'

[Sun Sep 24 09:04:40 2017] Aitiera tells you, 'I could have soloed, but chose to wait because my people were almost here'

[Sun Sep 24 09:06:44 2017] Aitiera tells you, 'your force was 2 people lol. We are like'

[Sun Sep 24 09:06:47 2017] Aitiera tells you, '8?'

Foxplay
09-24-2017, 11:42 AM
Some Highlights. Notice the times.

[Sun Sep 24 08:53:11 2017] Haderak tells the guild, 'they're fighting her'

[Sun Sep 24 08:53:13 2017] ---------------------------
[Sun Sep 24 08:53:13 2017] [60 Oracle] Haderak (Ogre) <Mobwai>
[Sun Sep 24 08:53:13 2017] [1 Cleric] Sindirae (Dark Elf)
[Sun Sep 24 08:53:13 2017] [ANONYMOUS] Aitiera
[Sun Sep 24 08:53:13 2017] [60 Phantasmist] Quidello (Dark Elf) <Mobwai>
[Sun Sep 24 08:53:13 2017] There are 4 players in Neriak Third Gate.

[Sun Sep 24 08:53:28 2017] Haderak tells the guild, 'someone is soloing her'

[Sun Sep 24 08:56:46 2017] Gadii says out of character, '!'
[Sun Sep 24 08:56:48 2017] Players on EverQuest:
[Sun Sep 24 08:56:48 2017] ---------------------------
[Sun Sep 24 08:56:48 2017] [52 Reaver] Gadii (Erudite) <The Second Sons>
[Sun Sep 24 08:56:48 2017] [1 Cleric] Enyr (Dark Elf)
[Sun Sep 24 08:56:48 2017] [1 Cleric] Sindirae (Dark Elf)
[Sun Sep 24 08:56:48 2017] [ANONYMOUS] Aitiera
[Sun Sep 24 08:56:48 2017] [60 Phantasmist] Quidello (Dark Elf) <Mobwai>
[Sun Sep 24 08:56:48 2017] There are 5 players in Neriak Third Gate.

[Sun Sep 24 08:56:53 2017] Aitiera says out of character, 'come get aggro'

[Sun Sep 24 09:02:24 2017] Aitiera tells you, 'I didnt want to risk damaging for summon'

[Sun Sep 24 09:02:36 2017] Aitiera tells you, 'my people were next zone over'

[Sun Sep 24 09:04:39 2017] You told Aitiera, 'if you are afraid of a summon, it means you cant kill it'

[Sun Sep 24 09:04:40 2017] Aitiera tells you, 'I could have soloed, but chose to wait because my people were almost here'

[Sun Sep 24 09:06:44 2017] Aitiera tells you, 'your force was 2 people lol. We are like'

[Sun Sep 24 09:06:47 2017] Aitiera tells you, '8?'

3 Minutes of stalling - Regardless of ability to solo or not, still stalling, should have the loot taken from them. And if that is not done, just further proof you should have kill stolen the stallers

Foxplay
09-24-2017, 11:58 AM
Not a raid mob no such thing as stalling sorry.

Again , lack of a clear rule or common sense rule and taking advantage of abusing something that should not be done. And in this case, should have kill stolen

Lhancelot
09-24-2017, 12:21 PM
Quite frankly it's a situation where people played by the "rules" but in real context they were dicks and cheated to get loots the mob dropped by abusing the very rules.

It's hard to not have any rules of engagement on a game like this involving loots.

The problem is when individual players bend those rules to benefit their greed and deliberately screw over others knowing full well they are doing so.

Sadly, you just have to accept the fact that humans as a whole are insufferable garbage, fueled by their own greed and this greed manifests itself not only IRL but even on games involving imaginary pixellated items.

branamil
09-24-2017, 12:45 PM
There should be a rule, or Verina should be considered a raid target. There's not much to prevent someone from kiting her for 30 minutes until their friends arrrive.

Muggens
09-24-2017, 12:56 PM
Im with foxplay here. Sadly to my experience most peeps on blue bend their head for rulelawyers/stallers etc

Triiz
09-24-2017, 01:34 PM
Worst part is, this thread will almost assuredly backfire. I'm sure a lot of people thought it was against the rules to FTE her and "stall" until their friends could get there, so I would expect to see it more often.

There should be a rule, or Verina should be considered a raid target. There's not much to prevent someone from kiting her for 30 minutes until their friends arrrive.

Agreed. Not damaging her for 3 minutes is no different than kiting for 30 minutes if it's just regular server rules. Someone could kite her for 30 mins just burning Soulfire/Reaper/Wort pots if she happened to root them and do some damage. Definitely a slippery slope.

loramin
09-24-2017, 02:09 PM
Im with foxplay here. Sadly to my experience most peeps on blue bend their head for rulelawyers/stallers etc

Because if you don't follow the rules, you eat a ban: pretty simple. It's easy for Foxplay to advocate for rule-breaking here in the forum, but if he actually did what he's advocating in-game he'd be facing a long "time out" before long.

Whatever issues y'all have with the server rules not meeting your perfect standards, letting everyone just decide what they think is fair and make up the rules as they go along would be a lot worse.

If you don't like the rules try to get them changed (or start your own server) ... but until you do, play by them or suffer the consequences.

Foxplay
09-24-2017, 02:50 PM
Because if you don't follow the rules, you eat a ban: pretty simple. It's easy for Foxplay to advocate for rule-breaking here in the forum, but if he actually did what he's advocating in-game he'd be facing a long "time out" before long.

Whatever issues y'all have with the server rules not meeting your perfect standards, letting everyone just decide what they think is fair and make up the rules as they go along would be a lot worse.

If you don't like the rules try to get them changed (or start your own server) ... but until you do, play by them or suffer the consequences.

Sorry , but most players should be for common sense rules against this type of behavior, rule or no rule, the lack of a clear rule is no excuse to be a complete and total dick to bend and stretch rules to get your way. If your not for common sense rules to prevent people from stalling mobs for long duration then your just another bottom dweller scum rules lawyer. As for the lack of a rule on the subject of stalling non- FTE shout mobs it seems that would be a failure on the GM's as well as the communities part for accepting trash behavior like this. As for everyone deciding what they think is most fair being worse - yea your probably right. So it seems there should be a maximum allowable time to engage and not damage, or have a kill force for non-FTE mobs to prevent abusive stalling.

I'm a pretty nice player and respect the rules and camps better than most players, but the lack of a clear rule and players gaming the rule book to cheat other players should be a rules infraction on its own.

Cheers

wwoneo
09-24-2017, 02:54 PM

I pretty much agree with everything said here. This seems the most logical.

wwoneo
09-24-2017, 02:56 PM

I don't think this guy understands the server at all. He still thinks that if you petition in the bug forums with good evidence that everything will always get fixed... I think he lives in a constant dream land or something.. Loramin are you on drugs? Need some help, bud?

Pokesan
09-24-2017, 03:15 PM
more rules!!!!!!!!

Lhancelot
09-24-2017, 03:23 PM

Or, we as players could approach one another in the game and ask for the other to show some sort of respect... You know, treat others as you'd like to be treated?

Sometimes, because people are so used to others being dicks here, they act as a dick first. When you contact them via tell, sometimes it leads to compromise and understanding.

***This in turn can be contagious, and as more people learn that others are willing to compromise and not be dicks, eventually the entire server will operate compromisingly!***

Ok, this will never happen. ^

But! Communication SOMETIMES does lead to compromise.

Fact of the matter is there are some people who are and always will be dicks, and from those players there will never be any compromise.

Expecting the admin here to force people to be empathetic is impossible, but we as players can try to treat one another more fairly. Really that's the only solution here.

loramin
09-24-2017, 04:18 PM
Sorry , but most players should be for common sense rules against this type of behavior, rule or no rule, the lack of a clear rule is no excuse to be a complete and total dick to bend and stretch rules to get your way.

I would even kill steal on stream if someone is obviously stalling with doing no damage to the mob and just waiting for people to show up Fuck em Rules or not, Fuck em they don't deserve to be protected by rules when they are obviously abusing the lack of a rule.

Players can be against a rule but still not break it. KSing someone because you don't like the rules, or because in your expert opinion the rules are "unclear", is still kill stealing. Try to kill steal, whatever your justification, and you face the wrath of the staff.

That's all I was saying and it's pretty easy to understand. But by all means, keep crowing here in the forums about all the rules you'll break in game :rolleyes:

I don't think this guy understands the server at all. He still thinks that if you petition in the bug forums with good evidence that everything will always get fixed... I think he lives in a constant dream land or something.. Loramin are you on drugs? Need some help, bud?

I'm definitely on drugs, but that's hardly relevant.

And if I'm in such a dream land, how about you provide an example of a classic game aspect that someone posted solid evidence of, and which the staff said "no, we don't feel like it." I understand that there are probably plenty of bugs filed that the staff hasn't fixed yet, but as a programmer myself I know that's completely normal even in a paid application, so it's hard to find fault when people volunteering their time do the same thing.

If it were me I'd save up a bunch of those bugs (the ones that aren't top priority) while we work on a main "feature" (Chardok 2.0), and then work on them in a "bug fix sprint" afterward (but before Green is released) ... but I'm not on the dev team so I have no idea if that's actually they're plan.

All I do know is that everything they've ever said suggests that they want the most classic EQ possible, and since nothing they've done has ever contradicted that I continue to believe them.

SamwiseRed
09-24-2017, 04:51 PM
this wouldnt happen on red, just sayin (LOL)

aaezil
09-24-2017, 05:39 PM
"since nothing they've done has ever contradicted that I continue to believe them." !!!' This has to be a joke, right? non classic releases timelines non classic Ui non classic monk behaviour/non classic mob spawn timers/ non classic loot tables/ non classic raid rules... footraces for goodness sakes! This server is nice but there is a laundry list of non classic decisions/features/rules that were made here.

Cecily
09-24-2017, 05:59 PM
I'm a pretty nice player and respect the rules and camps better than most players, but the lack of a clear rule and players gaming the rule book to cheat other players should be a rules infraction on its own.

Cheers

I have to be real fucking nasty to you now and tell you why you're wrong so you don't infect others with your bad ideas. There is a clear rule. You don't interfere with other people's engaged mobs. That's called kill stealing. You're publicly advocating kill stealing and that makes you the worst kind of idiot here. Please stick to sticking animal tail butt plugs up your butt and stop advising people to do things that will get them suspended. Thank you.

Pokesan
09-24-2017, 06:46 PM
#BossBitch

Quidello
09-24-2017, 08:09 PM
We aren't talking about KSing frogloks here.

This is a camp where you have to sit there for days just for a small chance to make an attempt IF your force can get there in time or IF you have the expensive items and/or luck to pull off a solo.

Stalling Verina like this may not be against the rules, but it is also not in line with the spirit of the game or the community. As Triiz mentioned, this was such a dick move, that most people probably THOUGHT it was against the rules. I know I did. Hence the thread.

I think that it at least warrants a reexamining of the rule for special cases like Verina.

Now I just wonder if we are going to start seeing people auctioning Verina stalling services in the EC tunnel forum. 1000 plat per minute of stalling. 10k extra plat on top of that for the ability to batphone the staller at any hour of the day. Maybe someone should do that, just to show how ridiculous the "rules" argument is in this case.

Cecily
09-24-2017, 08:17 PM
Now I just wonder if we are going to start seeing people auctioning Verina stalling services in the EC tunnel forum. 1000 plat per minute of stalling. 10k extra plat on top of that for the ability to batphone the staller at any hour of the day. Maybe someone should do that, just to show how ridiculous the "rules" argument is in this case.

https://i.imgur.com/BuTYyWL.png

wwoneo
09-24-2017, 08:17 PM
Players can be against a rule but still not break it. KSing someone because you don't like the rules, or because in your expert opinion the rules are "unclear", is still kill stealing. Try to kill steal, whatever your justification, and you face the wrath of the staff.

That's all I was saying and it's pretty easy to understand. But by all means, keep crowing here in the forums about all the rules you'll break in game :rolleyes:

I'm definitely on drugs, but that's hardly relevant.

And if I'm in such a dream land, how about you provide an example of a classic game aspect that someone posted solid evidence of, and which the staff said "no, we don't feel like it." I understand that there are probably plenty of bugs filed that the staff hasn't fixed yet, but as a programmer myself I know that's completely normal even in a paid application, so it's hard to find fault when people volunteering their time do the same thing.

If it were me I'd save up a bunch of those bugs (the ones that aren't top priority) while we work on a main "feature" (Chardok 2.0), and then work on them in a "bug fix sprint" afterward (but before Green is released) ... but I'm not on the dev team so I have no idea if that's actually they're plan.

All I do know is that everything they've ever said suggests that they want the most classic EQ possible, and since nothing they've done has ever contradicted that I continue to believe them.

I wouldn't bother with this guy Fox. This isn't the first time I've come across his doltishness. You should actually just ignore him, everyone else does.

Quidello
09-24-2017, 08:51 PM
Cool gif bro.

Lhancelot
09-24-2017, 09:31 PM
https://i.imgur.com/BuTYyWL.png

Was this posted out of sarcasm or did you really mean to give so many thumbs up to his post about charging for Verina stallings in EC?

That's A LOT of thumbs up. Just sayin'. :D

Cecily
09-24-2017, 11:50 PM
Was this posted out of sarcasm or did you really mean to give so many thumbs up to his post about charging for Verina stallings in EC?

That's A LOT of thumbs up. Just sayin'. :D

It's legal and entertaining. I fully support both the idea and threads to follow.

Cecily
09-24-2017, 11:56 PM
Take away from this thread is no matter how bad you want something and / or don't like how someone is stopping you from getting what you want, you're not allowed to break the rules even if you REALLY want it. Your respect for the rules may vary and there's nothing wrong with that. I won't judge you. Just be willing to accept the consequences if you're caught.

Freakish
09-24-2017, 11:57 PM
Says the rogue in a robe casting SoW.

fan D
09-25-2017, 01:22 AM
What are the rules on FTE for mobs like Verina Tomb?

After the earthquake today, a guildie and I, rushed to Verina to attempt to duo her. 60 Shaman and 60 Enchanter. We saw almost nobody in the zone, and thought we lucked out. I went to grab a pet, and my guildie went to check the spawn. He found another 60 Shaman engaging Verina.

I had my pet ready for the fight shortly after, but we could not pull the mob because the other shaman had engaged. This went on for nearly 3 minutes. She was keeping the mob aggroed but not damaging it. Then after a while, her reinforcements show up in waves, and they kill Verina.

I am not sure about the official rules on this, but I don't see how tying up a mob as contested as Verina Tomb can be fair play. We were there and ready to pull, but she was holding it. She got FTE, but she wasnt going to kill it herself. We thought she was going to solo it, but my guildie noticed something was off when she wasn't even doing any damage. She said that she didn't do damage because she didn't want to get summoned, which would be fine, that is normal for pulling, but this was 3 or more minutes. None of the members of her force were in the zone when she engaged. They cited the FTE rule. But again, with FTE, don't you have to intend to kill it shortly after the pull? As in, do damage within 3 minutes at least? I wish I had screen shotted it, but I was too mad at what I perceived to be cheating. She even said to her group in say something like, "Sorry, I ran out of mana kiting her". If you hold a mob on a shaman long enough to go oom, I think that can be considered against the rules. I could be wrong.

I am pretty sure there is nothing that can be done at this point, but is this against the rules? Would be good to know. Maybe our shaman can do the same next time if this is considered fair play.

Thanks in advance.

dude who cares its 2017, you got beat, be quicker next time, do u hear yourself? its everquest dude move on, slap yourself

Pindrought
09-25-2017, 01:43 AM
Agreed 100%

aaezil
09-25-2017, 02:25 AM
*some bad unsportsmanlike and very against the spirit of the rules/play nice policy thing occurs* .... *everyone comes out of the woodworks and says "rules says its ok stall as long as you want* ....

Behold everquest in 2017

Quidello
09-25-2017, 02:44 AM
dude who cares its 2017, you got beat, be quicker next time, do u hear yourself? its everquest dude move on, slap yourself

It's the current year? Let me know when it is again next year. Thanks.

Thread was good for learning what the rules are. I think a lot of people, myself included, thought you had to have a force in the zone ready to kill the mob before engaging. Now we know that you apparently don't, and that there is unlimited time to gather your force as long as you got FTE and keep the mob aggroed. Games are more fun when everyone is playing by the same rules.

aaezil
09-25-2017, 03:08 AM
angle-shooting is a poker term that denotes underhanded or unsportsmanlike conduct

Unlike a cheater, who explicitly breaks a rule of the game in order to win, an angle-shooter takes advantage of ambiguities in the rules, hoping to cause his opponent to lose.

branamil
09-25-2017, 03:20 AM
If this was a modern game, devs would add in a feature like, "verina tomb now death touches 5 minutes after being engaged" to prevent stalling. But they're working with spaghetti code in a 20 year old game. Please keep that in perspective when complaining about rules. It's like you bought a 1975 Buick LeSabre and complain it doesn't have Bluetooth and GPS.

aaezil
09-25-2017, 03:34 AM
spawn variance aint classic either lol

Ralph_Wiggum
09-25-2017, 04:27 AM

This is awful. If you are DPS racing someone on a mob you are in the wrong. Period. If you have proof they broke the rules petition it. If you feel like you are the law then you are the problem.

I guarantee that everyone there would like for that camp to be easier or for the rules to be a bit different or the camp to be generally less cut throat. If you use your feelings to rationalize stealing that mob from someone like that then you deserve to eat a ban.

Lojik
09-25-2017, 12:09 PM
You could in theory permanently stall non raid mobs? Which NPC could you do this to to piss off the most amount of people?

Jimjam
09-25-2017, 12:33 PM
You could in theory permanently stall non raid mobs? Which NPC could you do this to to piss off the most amount of people?

After a while it could qualify as zone disruption?

It could be quite annoying for people to hijack quest NPCs. Anything related to soulfire would annoy certain types. Likewise Hasten Bootstrutter or one of his ph friends.

A certain lioness and elephant calf could be run around for great troll effect.