PDA

View Full Version : Whips with wet sounds

Lhancelot
09-27-2017, 07:09 PM
Did they change the sound of whips? Used to be, I heard a much more harsh whipping sound. Now, it's more of a slushing, swishing sound. Anyone else notice a difference?

I started noticing this a few weeks ago...

Shrubwise
09-27-2017, 08:54 PM
Why you using whips tho Lhance? You into that sort of thing?

AkashicRecord
09-27-2017, 09:47 PM
Oh, that might have been me...

I performed a special ritual (of sorts) which required a 'Gnoll Hide Lariat', a vial of 'Datura Ink', and 'Tail of Iksar'...among other things; most which I cannot speak of...

Sorry if I caused any inconvenience... :o

Lhancelot
09-27-2017, 11:29 PM
Damn you forums. Never can get a serious answer when you need one. :mad:

Turd
09-27-2017, 11:58 PM
I havent noticed a difference in sound.

skarlorn
09-28-2017, 12:17 AM

I performed a special ritual (of sorts) which required a 'Gnoll Hide Lariat', a vial of 'Datura Ink', and 'Tail of Iksar'...among other things; most which I cannot speak of...

qUaLiTy CoNtEnT

NachtMystium
09-28-2017, 02:25 AM
Damn you forums. Never can get a serious answer when you need one. :mad:

I think lack of serious answers is a fun way to say "nobody knows" :)

xtraball
09-28-2017, 04:03 AM
Sound of whip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_QLzthSkfM)

Shrubwise
09-28-2017, 04:15 AM
Sound of whip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_QLzthSkfM)

heheh

Lhancelot
09-28-2017, 08:01 AM
I think lack of serious answers is a fun way to say "nobody knows" :)

If I didn't see responses as the likes above, I would be sorely disappointed! :D

However! The question still remains, why has my whip sound changed in the game! lol. It really doesn't sound the same. :o

Lifebar
09-28-2017, 08:13 AM
A general rule of thumb is that when a whip starts making wet sounds you need to switch it around to bindings or doing that shit where you vacuum-seal your partner in plastic. Pretty much anything else until they heal up. Play safe.

Lhancelot
09-28-2017, 08:50 AM
A general rule of thumb is that when a whip starts making wet sounds you need to switch it around to bindings or doing that shit where you vacuum-seal your partner in plastic. Pretty much anything else until they heal up. Play safe.

http://i.imgur.com/j571w62.gif (https://imgur.com/j571w62)

Shrubwise
09-28-2017, 12:06 PM

Haha you win thread

paulgiamatti
09-29-2017, 09:04 AM
Did they change the sound of whips? Used to be, I heard a much more harsh whipping sound. Now, it's more of a slushing, swishing sound. Anyone else notice a difference?

I started noticing this a few weeks ago...

If you installed Xevin's "Make EQ Sound Significantly Better" package (which may be the case for some of the Titanium clients available on the bay), some sounds were mistakenly rendered in stereo instead of mono, so the client isn't able to play them back. The whip-cracking sound was one of them. I went ahead and fixed this issue and many other sounds that were lost due to the stereo vs. mono rendering:

If you installed the original patch, you may have lost the following sounds:

Bow being drawn and let loose
One-hand blunt swing woosh
Two-hand blunt swing woosh
Round kick woosh
Impaling woosh
Parrying with a blade
Whip cracking
Button being pressed
Inventory boxes opening and closing
Running footsteps
Walking footsteps
Climbing ladders
Rain and thunder
Jumping into water
Jumping out of water
Submerged underwater (loop)

About half of these weren't playing for me - not sure why some worked and some didn't, but in any case these were all rendered in stereo so I converted them to mono and repacked them into the .pfs file.

Does it fix the god-awful bag open/close noises?

I also toned down the insanely bassy, overamplified bag open/close sound.

shame the underwater sound doesn't loop but i have a suggestion for it

why don't you extend it? would love it if someone did that

I figured this out too - for some reason the client was reading the file for jumping into water as the underwater loop, so I just switched the file names around. No more constant splash sound while underwater, and now the underwater sound loops properly.

Download links & info: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2488457&postcount=30

Lhancelot
09-29-2017, 09:10 AM
If you installed Xevin's "Make EQ Sound Significantly Better" package (which may be the case for some of the Titanium clients available on the bay), some sounds were mistakenly rendered in stereo instead of mono, so the client isn't able to play them back. The whip-cracking sound was one of them. I went ahead and fixed this issue and many other sounds that were lost due to the stereo vs. mono rendering:

Download links & info: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2488457&postcount=30

Ahhh!!! I wasn't going crazy! Yes, I HATE the overly loud bag opening sound too!

Another thing is the BOOOOOMMMM sound in Lavastorm, maybe it's supposed to be that way but it's 10 times louder than any other environmental sound I hear.

Thanks Paul, I knew someone would have an answer I just knew it. :)

xtraball
09-29-2017, 09:14 AM
Thanks a lot Paul.

Triiz
09-29-2017, 11:20 AM

Sort of unrelated but you seem like the person to ask. My client that I "borrowed" cut out like 90% of the music in the game. Freeport/other cities have no music for example. I also don't have the bag open/close sounds but I don't mind that, is there a simple way to reinstall just the music?

AkashicRecord
09-29-2017, 05:16 PM

qUaLiTy CoNtEnT

Well, it does kind of explain how I got onto the list of "Qeynos' Most Wanted..." Well, there was that one time I got caught peddling so-called "drugs" about the icy alleyways around Halas.

Shrubwise
09-29-2017, 07:22 PM
Well, it does kind of explain how I got onto the list of "Qeynos' Most Wanted..." Well, there was that one time I got caught peddling so-called "drugs" about the icy alleyways around Halas.

Keep going. I'm into your role playing

paulgiamatti
09-29-2017, 08:02 PM
is there a simple way to reinstall just the music?

Enable Music and CombatMusic in eqclient.ini. If still no muzak, download a new Titanium and replace *.mp3 and *.xmi in your EQ directory.

AkashicRecord
09-29-2017, 10:19 PM

"I need some ink, man..."

Does that sound like the sort of "drug dealing" vernacular that you are used to?

(I didn't think so.)

You see, I like to consider a lot of my...work...to be the things of research and medicine...not anything dealing with "drugs," or with anything which should be considered contraband or criminal, or things suspect for trial, imprisonment, or expulsion...

During my travels through the Feerrott, I had discovered what I thought (at the time) to be a relatively simple plant; I was right, but I had no idea the severity of what I had actually happened upon...

Lhancelot
09-29-2017, 11:04 PM
During my travels through the Feerrott, I had discovered what I thought (at the time) to be a relatively simple plant; I was right, but I had no idea the severity of what I had actually happened upon...

An unknown strain of Kratom?

AkashicRecord
09-30-2017, 12:45 AM
An unknown strain of Kratom?

No, that particular plant was already known for quite some time...even amongst my own family. (Use of that particular plant goes back many generations, though we weren't the first to discover it.)

The specimen that I was referring to was an Iochroma cardenasianum... This was an unknown plant, and I may have been unfairly accused on account of a misidentification... :(

...it is still somewhat of a conundrum, especially if you can't produce anything from the Libraries of Erudin...

AkashicRecord
09-30-2017, 09:36 AM

Rather than talk about too many plant specifics (or as to why I have a "red name"), I should probably rewind a bit, because talking about searching for new plants to use in tribal face paints and ritual sacraments, etc. can be somewhat boring...unless one is really into that sort of thing...

...anyone looking to buy a few High Quality Bear Pelts? :confused:

Lhancelot
09-30-2017, 09:45 AM
Rather than talk about too many plant specifics (or as to why I have a "red name"), I should probably rewind a bit, because talking about searching for new plants to use in tribal face paints and ritual sacraments, etc. can be somewhat boring...unless one is really into that sort of thing...

...anyone looking to buy a few High Quality Bear Pelts? :confused:

haha. Naturally "Shrubwise" would be into any RP involving plants!

Are you on Red server or Blue, Akashic?

AkashicRecord
09-30-2017, 11:26 AM
haha. Naturally "Shrubwise" would be into any RP involving plants!

Are you on Red server or Blue, Akashic?

Red...on Blue (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281655) :cool:

Lhancelot
09-30-2017, 12:39 PM
Red...on Blue (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281655) :cool:

You are interesting. Most likely, this is a passing phase however, my friend.

When you have ascended past this momentary lapse of reason, the server will welcome you with open arms.

Till your self-imposed exile ends, you shall be a pariah.

If you choose to not end your self-imposed exile and choose living in the wild alone, your whole being will slowly be devoured by the sadness and loneliness you have inflicted upon yourself.

The rumination of one word, one name will enter your skull till you take your last living breath...

"McCandless...McCandless...McCandless..."

AkashicRecord
09-30-2017, 06:13 PM
You are interesting. Most likely, this is a passing phase however, my friend.

When you have ascended past this momentary lapse of reason, the server will welcome you with open arms.

Till your self-imposed exile ends, you shall be a pariah.

If you choose to not end your self-imposed exile and choose living in the wild alone, your whole being will slowly be devoured by the sadness and loneliness you have inflicted upon yourself.

The rumination of one word, one name will enter your skull till you take your last living breath...

"McCandless...McCandless...McCandless..."

Oh, I'll probably stay red as part of this character's little "story" of sorts...it's fun in a masochistic sort of way...I even heard that she's eyeing a position with the Freeport Reserve Militia later on...

AkashicRecord
10-04-2017, 01:47 PM
Naturally "Shrubwise" would be into any RP involving plants!

Of course! I didn't even think about it...

In that case, he might be interested in my findings after my upcoming cross-continent expedition in search of rare and unknown plants... (Should I get lucky, of course.)

~~~
Saturday, June 21st, 3104, 8pm...

I'm hoping to fill a medicine bag (or two) with a specific woody vine that I've heard is called "Caapi" by the natives, and "the Vine of Death" by the local shamans. Another plant that I'm hoping to find is a particular psychotria plant with a fruit that could almost be mistaken for a commonly brewed bean. (I've seen very detailed visions of them recently while conducting a ceremony with other shamans, so I know that the stories are consistent, and correct.)

I'm currently toasting some bat wings outside of Qeynos, trying to stay downwind of the guards. Believe it or not, bat wings are kind of... dare I say it... tasty... if you can get past the little bits of occasional fur. Fortunately, I have much better things to eat, like this savory 'Rat Stew' that I picked up for almost no coin at all. I actually need the bat wings should I decide to cross Lake Rathetear. I'm a horrible swimmer. :(

I gave up my Polar Bear Skin cloak to a friend on the way out of Halas, trading for a piece of (used) banded armor instead. Can you believe that this new piece of gear saved my butt more than once already? The only current problem I have is, "how the hell am I going to get all the Gnoll blood out of the thing?" :eek:

This postal delivery should probably arrive a few days ahead of me...hopefully I'll make it to somewhere near the South Karana border (alive) by then... if not, and anyone spots a Barbarian corpse on the way through the Karanas, please bury it with a crude tombstone, and say something like:

SHE DIED FOR
A GOOD CAUSE

In closing, I must say that centaurs make exceptional postal delivery workers! :cool:
~~~

Shrubwise
10-04-2017, 03:39 PM
She died for
A good cause

AkashicRecord
10-04-2017, 07:09 PM
She died for
A good cause

~~~
Saturday, June 28th, 3104, 11pm...

Well, one week later, and not only did I manage to make it to South Karana, I managed to find the best (and safest) place that you possibly could find...the highest point of the Aviak Village!

Krak Windchaser lent me the most exquisite, feathered shroud to sleep with. He tells me that it is made entirely from Quillmane's feathers, and that he killed that legendary Pegasus years ago, fashioning this priceless shroud by hand.

Krak and I shared a few stories by the fire inside his hut, and I broke out a rare bottle of authentic Blackburrow Kalish that I managed to loot from a Gnoll brewer a few weeks ago. (This stuff is amazing, and has hints of black currant, black licorice, Kiola, and even a mild sweet note, not unlike that Faydark mead I'd sampled once before; that one was brewed from pure Crushbone Honey, and was fantastic. Krak can barely stand up now, so you know it's good!) :D

I also traded Krak some of my excess reagents, since I had far too many Winter Berries and Frost Lichens. He'd never seen those before, but I told him to give some to the local medicine man. Krak also tried one of those toasted bat wings that I was mentioning, and said that it tasted like elephant jerky (apparently, that is made from the ears of the baby calves??) :eek:

Well, I should probably get to sleep soon since I need all the daylight I can to cross the lake and head into the mountains at first break...

This message is being sent by Aviak courier, by the way; I didn't even know that the Aviaks delivered post, but apparently there is a mutual deal between the centaurs and their (former) postal monopoly...they even run parcels!
~~~

skarlorn
10-04-2017, 08:28 PM
I hereby nominate AkashicRecord as the potential best RP poster of 2017 for these fresh posts. keep em coming pls

Shrubwise
10-04-2017, 09:21 PM
I hereby nominate AkashicRecord as the potential best RP poster of 2017 for these fresh posts. keep em coming pls

AkashicRecord
10-04-2017, 10:59 PM
~~~
Friday, July 4th, 3104, 3am...

{chirp chirp chirp click bite buzz blurp}

Right now, I'm hiding in some really nasty swamp...stuff...behind some incredibly odd trees. {{MY DAMN LEVITATE SPELL JUST WORE OFF AND RUINED MY FUR-LINED BOOTS}}

Damn.

Anyway, there are some Troll guards or sentries in the distance outside of what seems to be a home city. According to my somewhat outdated map, it should be Gukta, though I don't think they call it that anymore, and I'm not going to ask.

I'm already finding a lot of interesting plants to take back, but on a more dour note, I'm finding a lot more bugs and biting things than anything else. You don't see that crap around Halas... I'm going to hate coming back to this swamp...

Lake Rathetear was not nearly as bad as I thought. I didn't even get wet. :p

I can't forget to mention that Krak gave me a special Aviak charm to use in concert with Gate magic so that I can return back to the village at any time. His final word of advice was to 'never tell a centaur that they have a nice "ass,"' and he mumbled something like, "...nice knockers." :o

I think (read: hope) I will make it to Freeport within the next few days. I can't imagine staying in the Ro desert for long, and I imagine that is going to be just downright unbearable. On another note, I've never seen an alligator before. Or a caiman. Or a puma. Or a sand giant. Or a spectre. Or a crypt mummy. Or a dune tarantula. Or an Ancient Cyclops... :eek:

I'm slipping this parchment in with the others in these Trolls' mail satchel. From what I can understand, I know that they are discussing a mail run or something in the morning. (It should be interesting to see if this actually gets delivered without being intercepted...) :cool:
~~~

AkashicRecord
10-05-2017, 12:45 AM
~~~
July 5th, 3104, 8pm...

I seemed to have completely lost track of what day it was while I was mucking through that awful swamp...It's a completely different day posted here on the town message board. I guess I should mention that I finally made it in one piece! :D

I made amazing time across the desert, but I feel like a parched, desiccated husk; I think I ended up in East Commonlands by about 5pm, just in time to check in at the Freeport Militia building and see about getting a spot to sleep.

Brother Jentry was kind enough to help me find Armorer Dellin and check in. Typical soldiers, though; as I'm waiting for Dellin, I hear a bunch of wolf-whistling and whatnot coming from down the hallway of the barracks that I'd just walked down... :rolleyes:

It looks like I just missed chow time by minutes, but I'm not complaining about the complimentary rations. Seems that the Freeport rats taste a bit less gamey...and I didn't know that Fire Beetles were actually edible... :confused:

Reverie is at 4:30am sharp, so I should get some much needed rest...
~~~

AkashicRecord
10-05-2017, 01:29 PM
~~~
July 6th, 3104, approximately 10:10pm...

I guess you could say that I had my first full day of real "work" with the Reserve Militia today.

Apparently, there is a huge project to reclaim the raw metals from Deathfist Orc picks, and then shipping sheets and billets of the processed material over to Kaladim and Ak'Anon. There is some sort of "Damascus steel" process that is supposed to produce some very high quality weapons and materials, but only the Gnomes and Dwarfs have the machines and raw strength to pull it off...

My Spirit Pouch magic came in pretty good here, I could fit four of those heavy picks in one pouch. Dellin and the corporal on-duty were amazed at how light they were after they were fully loaded. "Why, it's no heavier than a f*ckin* rat ear!" was one of the funnier comments, I must admit. That, and: "How do you make it levitate like that?" :D

While I was making my first delivery of picks, Guard Colin got bit by a rattlesnake and almost died. He was lucky that I had some bandages and my medicine bag, because I seriously thought about leaving those in my foot locker. There was a Dark Elf necromancer nearby that watched the entire thing, and he didn't even bother to help... :rolleyes:

Oh, I almost forgot... when I first arrived at the Toll Booth in West Commons, the guards almost attacked me! I'm pretty sure it had something to do with a scuffle over in E.C. on the way over...as I ran by the "tunnel" there, I heard some people /shout, "Kill her!" ...but I kind of ignored them. :p

(That's a far cry from my experience over near Grobb; the warriors there kept politely calling me "ma'am...")

Once I showed Guard Valon my Symbol of Discord, he immediately apologized and said on one knee, "Sir Lucan said you'd be coming..."
~~~

AkashicRecord
10-05-2017, 04:18 PM

Thanks guys, I totally appreciate it! :o

AkashicRecord
10-05-2017, 06:36 PM
~~~
July 7th, 3104, approximately 2:10am...

Here's to the second attempt at page two...this time on some mammoth hide parchment. (Guard Colin spilled a quarter bottle of Kalish all over the other one, and it's almost unreadable.)

I sort of got stuck pulling an "unofficial" graveyard shift here at the Toll Booth, partly because these two here are completely wasted. You see, I broke out the rest of that bottle of Kalish that I'd shared with Krak the other night...so now these two are passed out, and I'm here just waiting for sunrise...

Earlier:

"You spit in this?" Colin quipped. :confused:

"No." ;)

(He takes a swig...)

"But a Gnoll probably did..." :cool:

"?!?!" :eek:

(He spits out the drink.)

...I go on to explain how the sweetest Kalish is made by Gnolls, and part of that reason is because of their saliva affecting the fermentation process.

"...No shit?"

"Nope, just spit..." :p

"Do they have jesters in Halas, or only when you're around?"

I fashion an ornate piece from my medicine bag and crumble some dried leaf into it, topped with a dusting of a fine tan-colored powder, and offer it to Valon:

"I call this one my 'Krak' pipe..." :D

"Come again?"

"...He gave it to me; Krak Windchaser."

(After a short silence, everyone erupts into laughter.)
~~~

AkashicRecord
10-06-2017, 09:02 PM
~~~
Thursday(?), August 5th, 3104, 11:20pm...

This entry is being written from a rather cozy, private room in West Commons, the reason being the giant //GRIFFIN WARNING// issued for E.C. before returning back to the barracks...

That said, there's something sort of...thrilling...about being able to fashion a directive "by Order of Royal Decree..." which forces "...the lawful and dutiful owner to relinquish full and total control of all properties, habitations, facilities, and to tender any or all possessions deemed necessary or suitable for purposes of quartering and the continued operational support of any or all battalion commanders, chiefs, officers, guards, and both ranked and unranked active or reserve militia members for a duration not to exceed the duly specified or previously agreed upon duration (as listed)..."

Naturally, we didn't have any resistance... :cool:

It's hard to believe that it's been about a month already with the militia, I'm hoping to procure an advancement ahead of the original terms of enlistment. The pay is substandard, but the shelter and subsistence benefits more than make up for it.

Someone from the battalion got a glimpse of my Gnoll Fang Necklace and was curious, so I said that I used to dabble in hobby Veterinary Dentistry while in Blackburrow... :D
~~~

AkashicRecord
10-07-2017, 12:56 AM
(This one is kind of out of character: "Care for MOAR?!")

I'll take a hiatus until further notice...

Shrubwise
10-07-2017, 01:15 AM
Yes. If you were to start a new thread with only your lore and perhaps even some screenshots I'd subscribe and even dare 5/5starz

AkashicRecord
10-07-2017, 01:36 AM
Yes. If you were to start a new thread with only your lore and perhaps even some screenshots I'd subscribe and even dare 5/5starz

I'll consider that, because 98% of this consists of fading memories from recent game experiences, sprinkled with some extra `spice`... :cool:

AkashicRecord
10-07-2017, 01:57 AM

I guess what I was getting at was that I won't be able to retroactively produce things that I haven't considered... :)

...I'll try to make good, though...

AkashicRecord
10-07-2017, 07:04 PM

This is something that I'm still working on, by the way. Most of this is just ad lib drunkposting. :D

AkashicRecord
10-08-2017, 06:18 PM
~~~
September 19th, 3104, approximately 9:30pm.

"Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

...those were the words that echoed inside my mind for the entire night.

"This looks really bad for the entire militia. You do know that, right?"

There wasn't much I could say, and there was still evidence of dried blood on my spear. I tried to explain the situation to the best of my ability.

"I was just sitting down and organizing my backpack under a torch. The next thing I knew, I had a knife to my neck..."

A human rogue had attacked me just hours prior, I had no choice but to kill her. The incident was completely unprovoked, but apparently the militia doesn't want too much blood on their hands right now, at least not when it comes from the tip of *my* spear...

Luckily, I didn't receive any demerits or unfair punishment; mostly just a few harsh words and a furlough for the next shift. You could say that I ultimately did pay for my murderous action, as I was essentially slain by a Griffin shortly afterward. I finally came to at the base of the Commons tunnel, but I could barely remember anything that had transpired.

Apparently, an icky, "scaled one" managed to find my lifeless corpse near an Orc encampment and dragged me to safety. I have no idea why he actually did this, but seeing that he appeared to practice necromancy, it wasn't nearly that shocking...

I've been reminiscing a bit about Everfrost and Halas lately; probably something to do with the explicit lack of snow and ice here. I've been hearing stories of Velious and Thurgadin, and to be painfully honest, I'm kind of jealous. I think I'd fit in nicely over there, but only time will tell, I imagine. For now, my work here is with the militia...
~~~

https://www.project1999.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=252&pictureid=1109
(Receiving a verbal reprimand from Armorer Dellin for murdering a player in self-defense)

Muggens
10-09-2017, 12:33 AM
Ill read it someday. Wasnt aware it eXisted, just seemed like another silly thread

Lhancelot
10-09-2017, 09:33 AM
I have read all of your chapters so far, and found them highly entertaining and fun to read!

A much different style of writing compared to the others who have created RP-themed stories, which makes yours stand out to me.

I also like the way you style and format the actual text you wrote in, that was a really nice touch that added an element of substance that goes beyond just the well-written story.

I agree with the above, please create your own thread with this wonderful story and character!

You might find more people will read it that way, as you unfortunately attached your nice story within a thread I created. (Not that I mind, but you deserve more attention for your creation and some people may not even bother to see it as their personal feelings may hinder them from reading a thread I have created.)

AkashicRecord
10-09-2017, 02:15 PM
I have read all of your chapters so far, and found them highly entertaining and fun to read!

A much different style of writing compared to the others who have created RP-themed stories, which makes yours stand out to me.

I also like the way you style and format the actual text you wrote in, that was a really nice touch that added an element of substance that goes beyond just the well-written story.

I agree with the above, please create your own thread with this wonderful story and character!

You might find more people will read it that way, as you unfortunately attached your nice story within a thread I created. (Not that I mind, but you deserve more attention for your creation and some people may not even bother to see it as their personal feelings may hinder them from reading a thread I have created.)

Thanks again for the comments, it's nice to know that people are enjoying the material.

I don't mind having your thread be the incubator for this stuff, because it actually just came about from a silly joke on the first page, and kind of took a life of its own. :p I'll link the new thread here when I post it.

I didn't originally have the intent of journaling this PVP-flagged character on blue, but it has been a fun project for me and gives some actual purpose to playing such a strange "class." It's also been fun to wax nostalgic on all of this old game lore than I haven't seen in so many years... :D

Lhancelot
10-09-2017, 02:29 PM
Thanks again for the comments, it's nice to know that people are enjoying the material.

I don't mind having your thread be the incubator for this stuff, because it actually just came about from a silly joke on the first page, and kind of took a life of its own. :p I'll link the new thread here when I post it.

I didn't originally have the intent of journaling this PVP-flagged character on blue, but it has been a fun project for me and gives some actual purpose to playing such a strange "class." It's also been fun to wax nostalgic on all of this old game lore than I haven't seen in so many years... :D

Yes, that's what is so fun about the forums and I am so happy to find someone like you that I can share this particular sentiment with.

That being how a thread or even a single post in a thread can be this organic idea that blooms into other organic ideas which continue to branch off into other ideas...

To me this is a form of creativity in itself, which is exactly why I find the forums fun.

It's interesting how people's words bounce off eachother and create different thoughts/feelings etc.

Anyway, looking forward to more of your writing, thanks for presenting it here on the forums. :)

AkashicRecord
10-09-2017, 05:04 PM
~~~
Friday, October 13th, 3104, 11:45p.m.

Apparently, Fur Lined Boots (https://wiki.project1999.com/Fur_Lined_Boots) and fish entrails on a wet pier do not a good combination make...

I lost my footing, slipped, and fell straight into the ocean as the boat starting moving. Everyone just sat there, laughing, as the boat sailed away. I managed to tread water enough to grab ahold of a canoe and pull myself onto a low dock. I think I'm just going to curl up here in embarrassment until I dry off...

Now, I need to go explain why I have to take the next midnight ship out... :o

I guess that's what I get for being so awful at fishing. While I was fishing though, I couldn't help but overhear a story about a Darkwater Piranha (https://wiki.project1999.com/A_darkwater_piranha) that is rumored to swim the Nektulos Forest river... :eek:
~~~

https://www.project1999.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=252&pictureid=1110
(Fishing while waiting for the ship in East Freeport. Need a Rusty Dagger?)

~~~
Sunday, October 15th, 3104, 3a.m.

The Port Authority had some sort of issue with the ship's manifest, so it was delayed an entire day, but we finally made it. I'm setting up a camp here on the Sisters' island in the Ocean of Tears.

We are allowed 14 hours at port, so I'm having a look around until we cast off again. Some dwarves over the hill were kind enough to let me use their campfire and even their axe to cut some wood.

A Gnome asked me about Spirit of the Wolf magic while I was perusing the Sisters' wares, but he immediately seemed very hesitant after he caught a glimpse of my red Symbol of Discord... :cool:
~~~

AkashicRecord
10-09-2017, 07:25 PM
Yes, that's what is so fun about the forums and I am so happy to find someone like you that I can share this particular sentiment with.

That being how a thread or even a single post in a thread can be this organic idea that blooms into other organic ideas which continue to branch off into other ideas...

To me this is a form of creativity in itself, which is exactly why I find the forums fun.

It's interesting how people's words bounce off eachother and create different thoughts/feelings etc.

Anyway, looking forward to more of your writing, thanks for presenting it here on the forums. :)

Alright, I've made a new thread (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282668) for the story material and will be posting over there now. :D

stormlord
10-28-2017, 05:02 PM
This should be confirmable. Do the old EQ CD's have the sounds on them? I remember I was here on p1999 in 2010-12 and I changed the coin looting sound because it was LOUD. I had to unpack the catalogue. There's a program to do that, I think it should be in the technical forum somewhere. You can edit the sounds and repack. Should be able to do the same with the old CD files.

stormlord
10-28-2017, 06:06 PM
OP, I found it!
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66316&highlight=sound+loud
Got my answer here:
snd2.pfs -> endquest.wav (the completed quest sound)
snd2.pfs -> levelup.wav (the ding sound)
snd2.pfs -> buyitem.wav (the coin sound)

Just deleted em. Used EQInside. I think buyitem.wav is the one that's used when looting, but it might not be. I'll find out. And I hope that the program I used didn't bug or make my client messed up.

You can also use S3DSpy(exe), but need to keep backups of the original files.
Although I'm not sure if that can be used on the older files.