PDA

View Full Version : Open Classic Dragons Raid Agreement 2017 (revised)

Sorn
10-04-2017, 05:35 PM
In light of the newly implemented simulated repops and skarlorn's IRL situation, I am here with a revised agreement that makes adjustments based on the past two open raids, which the p99 community may discuss here. Please read carefully and identify any issues before signing, raid guild leaders.

Open Classic Dragons Raid Agreement 2017

Raid Targets:

Lady Vox
Lord Nagafen

Frequency:

One Lady Vox per month, the spawn after the first simulated repop spawn of the month.
One Lord Nagafen per month, the spawn after the second simulated repop spawn of the month.

Respawn Timer:

7 days with Variance

Timing the Open Raids:

Since we will know a week in advance exactly when the Dragon's variance will be, each open raid begin during the final hour of the window.

(example: Lady Vox has a window from 12 AM to 4 PM EST, raid will assemble at 3 PM and kill the Dragon ASAP)

Lady Vox will be killed during the spawn succeeding the first simulated repop spawn of the month.

Lord Nagafen will be killed during the spawn succeeding the second simulated repop spawn of the month.

Scenario:
The first simulated repop occurs at 3pm EST, October 6. Private guilds kill Lady Vox. The next Vox to spawn, one week later with variance, may be designated the Open Raid target.

The second simulated repop occurs at 2am EST, October 24. Private guilds kill Lord Nagafen. The next Lord Nagafen to spawn, one week later with variance, may be designated the Open Raid target.

If, somehow, the Open Raid fails to kill the Designated Dragon on the scheduled day, it will be made available to raid guilds 12 hours after the end of variance. This will give a window of opportunity for the Open Raid to try again but not delay future respawns overmuch.

If, somehow, the second simulated repop occurs late in the month and the second spawn (Designated Dragon being Lord Nagafen) is disrupted by the first simulated repop of the next month, the Open Raid will revert to Vox. This is to avoid confusion over what the Open Raid is targeting. It will potentially reduce the number of times the Open Raid may kill Lord Nagafen over time.

Duration of Agreement:

6 months, starting from first kill. After that, we will review and, if possible, renew it.

Raid Strategy:

Raid leaders will volunteer in this thread or similar threads preceding the kill. Follow their instructions. If no raid leaders have volunteered, the open raid can still assemble on their own (if the dragon does not die within 12 hours of end of variance, it will become open to private guilds).

Loot rules:

-All loot is open to be rolled upon with a /random 1000
-Only characters level 46-52 may roll on loot from the Designated Dragons

Who Can Participate:

Anyone of appropriate level! Higher levels may appear to help deal with giants, but will not be able to roll on loot. Pro-Raider and Noob alike will be welcomed.

The guilds signed below have read and agreed to this agreement:

Tetsuo
10-04-2017, 07:02 PM
So anyone can roll if a white scale drops

Emmin
10-04-2017, 07:16 PM
Sounds good so far. What happens, though, if both repops occur within one week of each other? Do Naggy a week after the 2nd repop?

Bluedarksun
10-04-2017, 08:04 PM
It always starts out well, but turns out to be trouble. Just sayin.

Zemus
10-04-2017, 08:11 PM
What about this. As long as bi-monthly simulated repops occur, an open naggy/vox raid will be held the week after the repop. The targets will be naggy and vox, alternating. Sever resets, simulated or otherwise, may delay the open raid. However, they will not change the target.

skarlorn
10-04-2017, 08:12 PM
This agreement worked last month and will continue working, just needs to be solved with new repop situation.

Sorn
10-04-2017, 11:36 PM
Sounds good so far. What happens, though, if both repops occur within one week of each other? Do Naggy a week after the 2nd repop?

I think this would be consistent with what I outlined here and cause the least amount of confusion, but maybe others have input. It might come down to a community vote if we have to choose between the two dragons.

RE: the dragon scales, yeah anyone can roll...but you have to be 52 max. Last two raids I believe that despite the open roll, only pallies rolled for their epic piece. I trust that our community here on p99 will continue to show the generosity of spirit that drives our giveaways, our noob buffing sprees, and the many random acts of kindness that happen each and every day in-game.

Because of the simulated repops, we have to revise the agreement somewhat and get the raid guilds to agree, then find another volunteer raid leader for the next one since Cloki volunteered himself for the first two despite some of the crazy times.

Tetsuo
10-04-2017, 11:48 PM
250,000 plat hope it wont currupt. Pixal lust is hard core sometimes. Edit hope it goes well

Breaken
10-05-2017, 07:56 AM
If, somehow, the second simulated repop occurs late in the month and the second spawn (Designated Dragon being Lord Nagafen) is disrupted by the first simulated repop of the next month, the Open Raid will revert to Vox. This is to avoid confusion over what the Open Raid is targeting. It will potentially reduce the number of times the Open Raid may kill Lord Nagafen over time.

I assume if both earthquakes happen in the same week early in the month, then Naggy and Vox would fall on the same day (one week following the second shake)? I think this is what Emmin meant, but said Nagafen instead of Vox.

Also, you don't actually know the dragon's window after an earthquake because they don't always die immediately (or close to).

indiscriminate_hater
10-05-2017, 10:44 AM
this is what unemployment looks like

I read this as the work of some who is actually employed, doing this in the first place because other people who are more likely unemployed have made this necessary. Don't just repeat everything you see on the forums, use that noggin of yours.

Culkasi
10-05-2017, 10:59 AM
Europa approves this

Rivera
10-05-2017, 11:30 AM
Admirable, doubt the neckbeards will comply. And if they do, it will crumble before long. Hope for the best though OP.

Culkasi
10-05-2017, 11:36 AM
Admirable, doubt the neckbeards will comply. And if they do, it will crumble before long. Hope for the best though OP.

All the raid guilds signed this already, this is just a modification to take into account the coded earthquakes

mattydef
10-05-2017, 11:44 AM
A 5-10k NO DROP paladin epic piece is a lot different than a white scale. Don't expect anyone to pass on that.

Tetsuo
10-05-2017, 10:55 PM
A 5-10k NO DROP paladin epic piece is a lot different than a white scale. Exactly, people do worse for a lot less than 10k, money is known as the root of all evil.

Ay_1017
10-06-2017, 05:44 AM
250,000 plat hope it wont currupt. Pixal lust is hard core sometimes. Edit hope it goes well

Suggesting Looter to provide fraps! No drama for those uber gear dps.

Detoxx
10-06-2017, 08:46 AM
Too much possibility for confusion here. Not sure how to fix it but wouldn't just doing the Vox on the first repop and Naggy on the second be the easiest way to manage this?

Also, a month has already passed so it should be 5 months remaining.

Baler
10-06-2017, 08:59 AM
In the spirit of allowing the little people a shot at big pixels I hope the big dawgs aren't foaming at the mouth over vox/naggy.

Props to sorn for working with skarlorn who has our wishes for health and well being.

Erati
10-06-2017, 09:40 AM
Too much possibility for confusion here. Not sure how to fix it but wouldn't just doing the Vox on the first repop and Naggy on the second be the easiest way to manage this?

Also, a month has already passed so it should be 5 months remaining.

What is complicated about skipping the N/V spawns the week after a quake? ( heres a hint: it will be the naturally spawning ones the following week )

It actually makes it more complicated keeping track of which dragon was 'reserved' for which repop.

Its very simple:

repop happens > Nagafen and Vox die to raiders
7 days pass
Nagafen and Vox respawn!
Open raids are scheduled/annouced
Open raids kill Naggy Vox.

The only thing to remember in neckbeard land is that we wont track the N/Vs following a quake. Awakened signs off on this.

LiQuid
10-06-2017, 10:27 AM
Still looks good to me.

The only problem I foresee is because the quakes will be randomized, what happens if the first quake and 2nd quake are less than a week apart? Would the timer for both Vox and Naggy reset to a week after the 2nd quake?

Erati
10-06-2017, 10:37 AM
Still looks good to me.

The only problem I foresee is because the quakes will be randomized, what happens if the first quake and 2nd quake are less than a week apart? Would the timer for both Vox and Naggy reset to a week after the 2nd quake?

Yes, the timers would be reset again after the 2nd quake.

In this event, we can audible and simply call for specific upcoming spawns to be 'hands off' or whatever, it shouldnt be a major problem in general just some additional legwork for the schedulers and announcement makers.

If people are willing to put in time to organize these, I dont see why it would be an issue to reserve 2 sets of these spawns monthly which will most likely consist of the ones following the promised quakes.

Dildy
10-06-2017, 12:00 PM
I was told at the last Nagafen raid when I had lost on torn, burnt book that I would be allowed to roll regardless if I leveled past 52, but came to help out the raid. Any clarification on this? Thanks.

Artelius Lightweaver

Pan
10-06-2017, 12:30 PM
So the values in play here are twofold (for the remaining 5 months):

1. Stuff needs to be scheduled a bit in advance. That means that these things cannot happen on repops proper.

2. Naggy and Vox need to be on different weeks.

I don't have the time today to spin it out in this moment. But if these two criteria are met, the rest of the stuff will fall into place.

My gut tells me that relying on repops to do it isn't gonna work well.

LiQuid
10-06-2017, 12:43 PM
I was told at the last Nagafen raid when I had lost on torn, burnt book that I would be allowed to roll regardless if I leveled past 52, but came to help out the raid. Any clarification on this? Thanks.

Artelius Lightweaver

It was my understanding that even level 53+'s that helped clear giants and buff up the raid were eligible for loot rolls. No level requirement has been enforced in either of the 2 raids Cloki has run so far. Not sure if this is the case 100% of the time (like could a bunch of level 60s show up and roll on a white scale with minimal effort expended to help the raid??).

If nothing else I wouldn't mind seeing a special case made for the fire/ice books. There are so few Paladins on the server (we've only had like 3-4 rolls max on the books) and I've seen these books either looted to alts for potential MQ or rot a few times because nobody ever needs them.

If I were you, or any paladin in need, I would make it a point to keep informed of Naggy and Vox's timers and try to show up EVERY week or as often as they spawn if you can. The guild that kills it might allow you to take it if nobody else needs it. It might take you a couple weeks or months or whatever, but believe in the spirit of the server's community a little and hopefully it will happen for you!

Legidias
10-06-2017, 01:04 PM
It has been a rule since first one, as posted in here, that rolls were for 46-52, with 53+ people welcome to help out with knowledge they are ineligible for loot rolls.

And while its courtesy to let paladins roll on books, you dont have to (going along stated rules) and could roll yourself. It was even stated in the open raid in ooc that it is hoped only paladins roll. Only like 4 pallies were at last naggy one so its pretty good odds (even though everyone of them rolled 9k+ on 9999)

Detoxx
10-06-2017, 01:12 PM
What is complicated about skipping the N/V spawns the week after a quake? ( heres a hint: it will be the naturally spawning ones the following week )

It actually makes it more complicated keeping track of which dragon was 'reserved' for which repop.

Its very simple:

repop happens > Nagafen and Vox die to raiders
7 days pass
Nagafen and Vox respawn!
Open raids are scheduled/annouced
Open raids kill Naggy Vox.

The only thing to remember in neckbeard land is that we wont track the N/Vs following a quake. Awakened signs off on this.

So what if there's a repop then 4 days later another repop?

Erati
10-06-2017, 01:16 PM
So what if there's a repop then 4 days later another repop?

In this event, we can audible and simply call for specific upcoming spawns to be 'hands off' or whatever, it shouldnt be a major problem in general just some additional legwork for the schedulers and announcement makers.

If people are willing to put in time to organize these, I dont see why it would be an issue to reserve 2 sets of these spawns monthly which will most likely consist of the ones following the promised quakes.

already addressed this

skarlorn
10-06-2017, 01:46 PM
you guys are all cuties

Sorn
10-13-2017, 12:39 AM
Bump

Emmin
10-13-2017, 10:28 PM
What’s the word on this? Did the Tuesday earthquake reset the timers?

Legidias
10-13-2017, 11:23 PM
This month will be rought with the double earthquakes

Sorn
10-14-2017, 12:59 AM
Yeah, timers were reset...we'll need a lot of initiative from many community members to get these going, from people who can track the timers to raid leaders and whatever else is needed.

RaMaR
10-16-2017, 08:26 AM
bump :)

Detoxx
12-07-2017, 11:18 PM
As it seems this is not a thing and no one is leading the raids for open server Naggy / Vox, Aftermath is looking to postpone their involvement in this.

Let us know in the future if its going to happen.

Good Luck!

titanshub
12-09-2017, 09:43 AM
I would be willing to talk about donating some of our leadership to lead some of these if that is the issue. This is one of the better things to come out of the last year for P99 and we shouldn't let it die because we try to put it on the shoulders of 1 or 2 people.

Sorn
12-09-2017, 12:42 PM
I would be willing to talk about donating some of our leadership to lead some of these if that is the issue. This is one of the better things to come out of the last year for P99 and we shouldn't let it die because we try to put it on the shoulders of 1 or 2 people.

It's that issue combined with me keeping track of repops when I belong to 0 raiding guilds and don't watch for timers, to be honest. I revised the agreement to keep it workable with the server repops but I can't lead it without being an actual raider.

If kittens is willing to help out then I would be thrilled!

Crashking
12-17-2017, 09:45 PM
Would love to see this survive / make a come back... Think its the only way I'd have a chance towards epic part. Would much rather come raid for my own then be forced into coin grind mode to try and buy epic.. that's not fun to me and thus I'm more likely to take my time and spend it elsewhere.

Open raiding was one of the most fun part of my prior EQ play experience, but that was back when there were actual raid tools in place.

Pokesan
12-17-2017, 09:51 PM
what's stopping signatory guilds from PMing the timer to Sorn?

seems like intentional sabotage

skarlorn
12-17-2017, 10:19 PM
what's stopping signatory guilds from PMing the timer to Sorn?

Apathy

Sorn
12-17-2017, 10:27 PM
Working on it but lots on my plate right now. Expect something after the new year when I've got time to think and talk to people.

Related, does anyone know if the simulated repops are guaranteed to reset the spawn timers on raid targets?

Erati
12-18-2017, 10:42 AM
Working on it but lots on my plate right now. Expect something after the new year when I've got time to think and talk to people.

Related, does anyone know if the simulated repops are guaranteed to reset the spawn timers on raid targets?

Yep all but 1. N/V get reset each quake.

Sorn
12-18-2017, 12:39 PM
Yep all but 1. N/V get reset each quake.

Awesome, thanks! <3

Argh
12-18-2017, 02:42 PM
I can help with these during the day on weekdays

Dajun5
12-26-2017, 04:37 PM
Wonder if having a discord channel for this could help coordinate respawn timers and assembly times.

skarlorn
12-26-2017, 05:02 PM
There is a discord channel for it pal. I don't have comp right now so I'll post later

Sorn
12-26-2017, 05:36 PM
Wonder if having a discord channel for this could help coordinate respawn timers and assembly times.

We've made one but currently it's only coordinators/helpers while we figure things out.

Not sure if there was one for the previous iteration...I guess so, based on skarlorn's response.

Dajun5
12-26-2017, 07:29 PM
There is a discord channel for it pal. I don't have comp right now so I'll post later

Appreciate it champ.

Pan
12-26-2017, 10:04 PM
I'll lead 1 or 2 in Jan or Feb if needed.

Prefer others step up, but am happy to do a couple more if asked.