PDA

View Full Version : Hopeful to Help in Fear sometime (Tear)...

Rivewin
10-06-2017, 05:36 PM
Just dropping a line here without much hope;

But my 54 shaman has max faction for his Epic, but just needs to work on getting a Tear and the final fight down.

If anyone is happen to be doing fear sometime in the future and wouldn't mind a guildless shaman coming along I'd much appreciate it.

With that said also: 54 shaman lf guild (casual player), though I did clear all content up through PoP back in the day.

Thanks guys,

Raivan in game

Legidias
10-06-2017, 05:43 PM
I honestly wish you GL and wish I could help you, (but there is no hope to be found in the plane of fear)

Diabolic2442
10-06-2017, 05:53 PM
Don't these sell for 70k+ for an MQ? No one will help you get it for free unless you join a guild and earn the DKP or win a roll.

Rivewin
10-06-2017, 06:00 PM
Ah... I wasn't aware of that...

This is my only toon so definitely don't have that kind of cash sitting around...

Oh well; Guess I can hope for the best in the future

Dreenk317
10-07-2017, 12:51 AM
Join a guild that goes for golems, earn some DKP, win yourself a tear. That or get your farm/fundraising on. Hate to say it. But those are quite literally, your only options.

loramin
10-07-2017, 02:19 AM
Oh well; Guess I can hope for the best in the future

My advice is to focus on getting to 60. There are lots of different ways that a level 60 shaman can earn 1k+ plat/hour (if you need ideas for places to level, or places to earn plat at level 60, see the guids in my signature.)

If you only played one hour a day, and only on weekdays, you could still earn the plat to buy your epic in about three months ... but I imagine you play more than that, so it'd be faster.

Also, as a level 60 shaman you can join guilds that do Fear. Then you just show up to raids, follow instructions, and in a few weeks/months (depending on how many raids you attend) you'll be able to loot your tear in Fear. Not every shaman can say they did that.

I realize that the epic would of course be nice for leveling, but think of it this way: at least all our epic requires is some easy questing, one small raid, and 75k plat. Other classes have it much worse: just look at what a Mage has to do (http://wiki.project1999.com/Magician_Epic_Quest)for instance.

Canelek
10-07-2017, 02:53 AM
Hehehe. Well, some classes have epics that would be super-rad for leveling. Loramin has some excellent advice. Go with that. People will say 'shit's classic', and while that may sort of true, bottlenecks are certainly more prevalent on a locked server such as this.

Shamans have the ability to make money quickly, if you take the time.

Good luck!

Rivera
10-07-2017, 02:54 AM
People who spend all their free time on this game keeps content locked down. Even on a static 10 year old server.

Best of luck to you on your epic though. I really hate MQ's and wish they'd do away with it, though it won't really help the situation tbh.

Jimjam
10-07-2017, 02:56 AM
If you don't like the idea of people holding content ransom then don't enable them by paying for the MQ.

Should you do decide to guild up to get the tear, make sure you join one that has an epic loot distribution system that suits you.

That said, if you are okay with paying for a service then I guess there is no problem doing the MQ. Often you can get items which are popular for MQ much more cheaply by being there when they drop and instead paying for loot rights.

e.g. a jboots MQ is 7k, but someone might take only 2k for loot rights. Perhaps you can pull a similar deal with your tear?

Rivewin
10-07-2017, 09:49 AM
I appreciate the input guys... I've just continued to level up and bank the money I can. It's not a huge deal if I get it now vs later; though I have started to look at guilds too.

I don't want to just join in a selfish manner though; I like the social aspect of Classic-Velious with regards to helping people with little things like quests and such.

With that said; if anyone needs help with anything sometime don't hesitate to send me a message in game.

loramin
10-07-2017, 11:59 AM
... though I have started to look at guilds too.

I don't want to just join in a selfish manner though; I like the social aspect of Classic-Velious with regards to helping people with little things like quests and such.

So first off, everyone who joins a raiding guild does so selfishly: we all want "pixels" (ie. gear for our characters) and we all join a guild for the express purpose of getting them. This is why systems like DKP exist: to focus that selfish desire of every member in a way that benefits everyone.

For instance, as a shaman the Plane of Air has almost nothing to offer (modulo a 2-charge FD item). But if you help your guild on a raid there, selflessly enabling other classes to get gear and epic pieces they need, you also selfishly help yourself by racking up DKP you can later spend to get a tear.

But at the same time, guilds are also the perfect place to embrace the truly social/un-selfish aspect of the game. One day you'll have plans to go farm giants in Kael, but then suddenly your guildmate is asking for help with a minor epic mob fight in LOIO, so (although you don't have to go, and you won't get any DKP for doing so) you drop everything and start looking for a port so you can go help them.

TLDR: Whether or not you join for selfish reasons, a (well-run) raiding guild will give you a way to pursue your selfish goals while helping your fellow players pursue their goals, and most of the time you get to do the two simultaneously.

bakkily
10-07-2017, 04:39 PM
I figure, why not settup a raid this following week, though will need a tracker to track if fear stuff up? I've forgotten alot how fear works though too. If its a 24/48 hour reset for spawns ect.

Legidias
10-07-2017, 07:04 PM
The item he needs drops after golems, which themselves drop $$$$ loot. They spawn alongside CT or every 3 days after

Kesselring
10-08-2017, 06:25 AM
Bottom line is he won't get a pick up raid to wait the 16 hour variance window for golems or ct. Not unless he had a steady stream of people coming in as people were leaving.

Dreenk317
10-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Bottom line is he won't get a pick up raid to wait the 16 hour variance window for golems or ct. Not unless he had a steady stream of people coming in as people were leaving.

And there are a lot of shamans in guilds that still need there epics. I imagine his pug raid would be massively contested.

Legidias
10-08-2017, 01:43 PM
2018 campaign for open golem raid

Triiz
10-08-2017, 03:36 PM
Yeah the golem's have a chance to drop Amulet of Necropotence a ~350k item, and Puppet Strings, a ~200k item and one of the most OP items in the game, so they will always be contested.

People sell the tear + fight for 100k now. It used to be cheaper, but it went up. If you could get a tear, and asked on the forums I'm sure people with level 60's would be willing to help with the fight for free. I would help.

By far your best chance is joining a guild that does golem's frequently though. Like Loramin said, literally everyone that joins a guild does it for a selfish reason so don't worry about that.

If you just don't want to join a guild, you could farm shit worth like 3k to eventually get the 70k at 54. It would be brutally boring and time consuming but it's doable.