PDA

View Full Version : East commons

shuklak
02-25-2011, 10:41 PM
So Im new to the server and pretty much broke to the point where I ran to halas to buy spells with 5pp and thought that was a good amount. Turns out I could only buy 1 spell with that lol.

So I was looking to sell some bone chips and had no luck. It seems like ecommons is the place to be when it comes to buying and selling. I know nothing about it really though, because back when I played in '01 everyone went to gfay.

So... are there any other good bartering zones? Moreover, what's the best way to get to ecommons for a newb (safety of course lol)? I've always been a qeynos person and I believe this is more a FP area.

Thanks

Hoggen
02-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Other than /auction in random zones, or responding to others, EC is it.

From Halas? Get a port, or you have to go through Blackburrow, Qeynos Hills, West Karana, North Karana, East Karana, [Beholder maze, Runnyeye, Misty Thicket, Rivervale] OR Highpass, Kithicor, and West Commons before reaching East Commons. The only other way is longer.

NZV
02-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Gfay being the trading hotspot sounds like crazy talk. Evil races would be screwed and it doesn't have a really central location like EC does. How did you folks manage like that?

You're in luck though, because much to my dismay, kithicor is currently bugged and always stuck with daytime mobs. Which means it's super easy to run through. If you wanted to go to EC, the only zone that should give you problems is highhold due to the gnolls/orcs blocking each end of the pass, but you can likely bum an invis off someone there. The rest of the areas are quite open, and it's easy to spot and avoid mobs.

Forget getting a port. Making your first queynos/freeport lowbie run is the best part of EQ.

Messianic
02-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Gfay being the trading hotspot sounds like crazy talk. Evil races would be screwed and it doesn't have a really central location like EC does. How did you folks manage like that?

Alts - plenty of people had gfay banking alts who would make transactions at the spires if their main was evil, and transfer junk back to their main later.

But on my server, EC was still primary - gfay was just very active as well.

nickyboy1981
02-26-2011, 04:17 PM
i miss gbay, it was far superior :) the bank was the central location on tunare back in the day

fugazi
02-26-2011, 04:42 PM
I don't know what level you are, but you can kill rabied wolves and bears in Qeynos Hills for their pelts. You turn the pelts in at the Rodcet Nife temple in Qeynos where you get a scroll and xp in return. The scrolls sell for quite a bit of money, especially the one from the bear pelt. The rabied animals are on fixed timer and spawn in certain areas of the Q Hills.

Good money for Qeynos newbs :)00

Myrkskog
02-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Shamans get a fuckton of spells, I wouldn't be too concerned with picking them all up at lower levels. Getting the essentials shouldn't be too big of a problem in Everfrost and Blackburrow.

Kender
02-26-2011, 04:47 PM
I don't know what level you are, but you can kill rabied wolves and bears in Qeynos Hills for their pelts. You turn the pelts in at the Rodcet Nife temple in Qeynos where you get a scroll and xp in return. The scrolls sell for quite a bit of money, especially the one from the bear pelt. The rabied animals are on fixed timer and spawn in certain areas of the Q Hills.

Good money for Qeynos newbs :)00

only the bear pelt gives the spell now. spell sells for 2pp. the rabid bear and wolf pelts also yeild 2pp each for completing the quest.