PDA

View Full Version : Who is the current top casual guild?

cooler2442
10-11-2017, 07:33 PM
We all know A/A controls the top end but who gets the most targets while being a casual guild now that Rustle isn't competing any more? Kittens? Paradigm Shift?

gkmarino
10-11-2017, 07:48 PM
Straight Outta Odus

Phatez
10-11-2017, 07:49 PM
Dial A Deezy

Lulz~Sect
10-11-2017, 07:52 PM
[Tel-A-Port]

Lhancelot
10-11-2017, 08:24 PM
<Super Friends>

pogs4ever
10-11-2017, 08:26 PM
Paradigm shift puts up good kill lists

paulgiamatti
10-11-2017, 09:48 PM
Stop trying to pretend that A/A doesn't require raid attendance while you're online.

Kodim
10-11-2017, 09:57 PM
Aftermath requires 10% RA to bid on loot. Which is stupidly low.

paulgiamatti
10-11-2017, 10:14 PM
I'm sure no one is getting through recruitment without something near 100% raid attendance while online. You can have 1% overall raid attendance and still have 100% raid attendance while online.

Shrubwise
10-11-2017, 10:22 PM
Define 'casual.'

Dawn Believers is unquestionably the top casual leveling guild, and I wouldn't be surprised if every unique player had one or more characters in it.

Fragged
10-11-2017, 10:41 PM
In A/A you spend less time obtaining your goals, and as such the lower tier guilds are actually more hardcore as they will spend 50-100 times the man hours obtaining the same goals.

As a casual player in A/A you have the benefit of having raids available 24/7, so you can basically chose to raid whenever it suits you.

cooler2442
10-12-2017, 12:58 AM
So is Aftermath or Awakened more friendly to casuals then? I see Aftermath has a 10% raid attendance before bidding on anything, what is the requirement in Awakened?

Do both of them allow people's alts to outbid mains?

aaezil
10-12-2017, 01:05 AM
DKP = cancer

Dolalin
10-12-2017, 02:42 AM
No mention of CSG? We're killing Dain (when we can win the races :D), Yeli, Tormax, etc every week. No mandatory raid attendance in Europa at least.

Speedi
10-12-2017, 03:42 AM
The way I see it is any guild that doesn't have mandatory raid attendance is casual. I believe Awakened has this, and I think Aftermath does as well. You basically raid when you want to raid and both are respectable guilds. Also 10-15% RA is casual as hell. Back when I used to raid it was 30% or maybe it was 35% over a 90 day period to be called "active" which let you go in on loot. I think a lot of these "so-called" casual guilds have mandatory raid attendance. That means if you are online when your guild is raiding no matter what you are doing you have to stop and go help your guild. I have been there done that, and tbh it sucks. I mean who really likes to leave a group of good friends because a raid target spawns, I know I don't! I would rather keep hanging out with my close friends, I am sure most others would as well. With that said, don't listen to the haters on the boards. Just go to the guild's website and read their charter/info section to see if that particular guild is right for you. Best of luck and welcome to p99! :)

paulgiamatti
10-12-2017, 07:05 AM
Again, A/A requires you to raid if you're online during your recruitment period. Non-casual play is part of the indoctrination process for both of these guilds. This isn't true for any other guilds on the server.

Breaken
10-12-2017, 07:11 AM
Again, A/A requires you to raid if you're online during your recruitment period. Non-casual play is part of the indoctrination process for both of these guilds. This isn't true for any other guilds on the server.

Raiding when you are online does not mean non-casual. If you only play once a week, and you raid that one time a week, how is this non-casual? Just stop.

Also, you keep saying you have to raid when you are online, but raid mobs are not up 24/7. We don't require you to track all day long, so even on the day that all 7 day mobs are in window, you are free to play EQ however you want. When a raid mob spawns, sure, head on over!

You sound upset, and it looks bad.

Edit:
As to Awakened's loot policy, we have a 15% Raid Attendance requirement to be considered "Active". We have multiple tiers for loot. Items either fall in as Main First, Main/Cert (basically your second best toon) First, Alts, or "Rot Tier". Being Active means you can bid in these tiers properly. Being Inactive, you can still bid and win items, you just bid down a tier. So, you will not be bidding on Main First items, but you can still bid on Main/Cert items for your Main. Some items in this tier include Fist of Lightning, Cloak of the Sky, Boots of the Destroyer, Trident of the Deep Sea, Wurmscale Fistwraps, Cloak of Thorns, Cloak of the Falling Stars, White Dragon Scale Sash, and many other very nice items.

paulgiamatti
10-12-2017, 08:28 AM
You can dress up mandatory raiding any way you like, but at the end of the day it's still mandatory raiding, and it certainly isn't casual.

Don't take the bait if you value your autonomy.

Erati
10-12-2017, 09:39 AM
You can dress up mandatory raiding any way you like, but at the end of the day it's still mandatory raiding, and it certainly isn't casual.

We arnt BDA. We dont send /tells if you are at fungi king when Aaryonar pops because frankly we usually have enough to focus on thats in front of us rather than scrap the bottom of the online roster to squeeze out another player or two.

Raids are NOT mandatory in AW once you are a full member. Simple as that.

Spyder73
10-12-2017, 09:55 AM
The problem with P99 raiding isn't that it is time intensive and you can never leave your computer (there are people in both guilds who will happily track and screen share), the problem is your phone can ring at 3:00am with a twitter alert saying CAZIC THULE CAZIC THULE CAZIC THULE CAZIC THULE.

There are probably 100 raid encounters a month that A/A responds to and almost none of them are during prime time. The reality is these dragons pop at all hours of the night and in the middle of the work day.

What makes maintaining raid attendance difficult is you have to be willing and able to drop IRL at the drop of a hat and rush to your computer for 30 minutes at any given time. Do you have to respond to every batphone? Of course not, but it also makes it so you essentially can not play your 'raiding' character because they have to be perma parked in nToV. it really sucks when you cant play your characters because there are dragons in window 24/7

I tried raiding for awhile and I just cant maintain the RA requirements playing the 2-3 hours a night during prime time that I am able to play. I got from 5:30-8:30 CST for gaming and that's about it - But I am not mad because EQ is not made for the weak and that is classic

Aadill
10-12-2017, 10:08 AM
With batphones, especially if you utilize Twitter, you can set notifications to not occur during the night (or any time period of your choosing) Then you don't have to hear them at night! Me, I just sleep through them anyway. :(

Realistically there are people all over the world playing, so there "prime time" doesn't work for some players. I don't know what we would do without our contingent of baguettes and whatever Aikons is, and prefer knowing that all of our players are on equal footing when it comes to choosing to respond or not.

Pint
10-12-2017, 10:39 AM

I don't think there was ever any mandatory RA for apps in aftermath, you just remain an app for longer if you choose not to participate when opportunities are available. In aftermath very little is required of individuals and being a rabid pixel fiend is optional.

Jimjam
10-12-2017, 10:53 AM
The problem with P99 raiding isn't that it is time intensive and you can never leave your computer (there are people in both guilds who will happily track and screen share), the problem is your phone can ring at 3:00am with a twitter alert saying CAZIC THULE CAZIC THULE CAZIC THULE CAZIC THULE.

There are probably 100 raid encounters a month that A/A responds to and almost none of them are during prime time. The reality is these dragons pop at all hours of the night and in the middle of the work day.

What makes maintaining raid attendance difficult is you have to be willing and able to drop IRL at the drop of a hat and rush to your computer for 30 minutes at any given time. Do you have to respond to every batphone? Of course not, but it also makes it so you essentially can not play your 'raiding' character because they have to be perma parked in nToV. it really sucks when you cant play your characters because there are dragons in window 24/7

I tried raiding for awhile and I just cant maintain the RA requirements playing the 2-3 hours a night during prime time that I am able to play. I got from 5:30-8:30 CST for gaming and that's about it - But I am not mad because EQ is not made for the weak and that is classic

Role playing rubbing thighs on passing hobbits to infuse them with the scent of 'ox' is a far superior use of time, anyways.

Kesselring
10-12-2017, 11:10 AM
If you have a batphone, optional or not, I'd say that qualifies as not being casual... regardless of your targets. If you're batphoning in emperor crush and raiding it with 30 people logging in their level 10 chars, youre technically hardcore at that point. If you have cothbots set up for a lot of targets in EQ, (letting a cothbot in HoT slide because it's just HoT) I'd say you're not casual. Casual means no influence is bothering you to log in rather than your casual playing time that you normally log in. Scheduled raid times is casual, scheduled poopsocking is not.

Aadill
10-12-2017, 11:22 AM
So during the repop no guild that got a kill was casual then, eh?

HippoNipple
10-12-2017, 11:25 AM
This is a dumb question because you are asking who is the best that doesn't try hard. No matter what you can argue a guild isn't accomplishing enough or the guild is trying too hard. You have nerds on here melting their brains trying to come up with a secret formula to tell them who is the best non try hard on the server.

Breaken
10-12-2017, 11:55 AM
Do you have to respond to every batphone? Of course not, but it also makes it so you essentially can not play your 'raiding' character because they have to be perma parked in nToV. it really sucks when you cant play your characters because there are dragons in window 24/7

This is also not true. The main raid location is Temple of Veeshan, and most people are bound there. Casters can simply gate there, and melee can use a gate potion.

Legidias
10-12-2017, 11:55 AM
Rename thread to "What defines casual / hardcore guild?"

Argh
10-12-2017, 11:56 AM
Kittens and Paradigm Shift are full of fine folks.

Good to see the Taken think-tank still idles at full retard.

Dreenk317
10-12-2017, 12:04 PM
This is also not true. The main raid location is Temple of Veeshan, and most people are bound there. Casters can simply gate there, and melee can use a gate potion.

I thought you couldn't bind inToV anymore. I know my PoM coth got his bind removed.

jpetrick
10-12-2017, 12:13 PM
I thought you couldn't bind inToV anymore. I know my PoM coth got his bind removed.

They bind at click in

http://wiki.project1999.com/Locket_of_Escape

Linksfather
10-12-2017, 12:14 PM

Omg. You just identified as casual

Skew
10-12-2017, 12:17 PM
Aftermath requires 10% RA to bid on loot. Seems casual to me.

Tayy
10-12-2017, 01:00 PM
AW requires 0% RA to bid on loot.

15% RA is required for the very best of the best loot.

You can pimp yourself out completely with NToV items with 0% if you wish but you're just limited from Vulak and Doz stuffs basically.

Lhancelot
10-12-2017, 01:02 PM
AW requires 0% RA to bid on loot.

15% RA is required for the very best of the best loot.

You can pimp yourself out completely with NToV items with 0% if you wish but you're just limited from Vulak and Doz stuffs basically.

Dang that's not a bad deal tbh. ^^^

Aadill
10-12-2017, 01:13 PM
Come to the dark side of casual guilds like Aftermath and Awakened. There's cake and punch and dragons!

Sckrilla
10-12-2017, 07:14 PM
10 and 15% RA for lewt? Holy shit p99 casual as fuck. Bring back Zeelot to drain the swamp!

dbouya
10-12-2017, 07:53 PM
I agree, if mandatory raid attendance when you're online is required you're hardcore. That's how it was back in 1999-2001 too.

Llodd
10-13-2017, 09:12 AM
I thought rotations were for pussies?

Tuurin
10-13-2017, 09:46 AM
This is a dumb question because you are asking who is the best that doesn't try hard. No matter what you can argue a guild isn't accomplishing enough or the guild is trying too hard. You have nerds on here melting their brains trying to come up with a secret formula to tell them who is the best non try hard on the server.

Safe to assume that's the entire point of this thread

HippoNipple
10-13-2017, 11:10 AM
Safe to assume that's the entire point of this thread

Thank you for pointing out what I pointed out.

paulgiamatti
10-13-2017, 11:16 AM
Thank you for pointing out what I pointed out.

Thank you for pointing out that he pointed out what you pointed out.

HippoNipple
10-13-2017, 12:07 PM
Thank you for pointing out that he pointed out what you pointed out.

Do you have special needs?

Lojik
10-13-2017, 12:21 PM
Do you have special needs?

Hmmm...good point. Maybe the top casual guild should be judged by how well they accommodate special needs players.

paulgiamatti
10-13-2017, 02:45 PM
Hmmm...good point. Maybe the top casual guild should be judged by how well they accommodate special needs players.

Wasn't that basically the M.O. of <Idiots & Savages>? Only guild I'd join tbh.

Detoxx
10-14-2017, 07:56 PM
Overall Awakened and Aftermath are both really casual considering that were the "hardcore" guilds of the server. AM requires a little less Raid Attendance to bid and also has a FFA dkp bidding system. This means, outside of 3 mobs (Vulak, Dozekar and Tunare) you are free to bid on any loot for any room that is able to loot the item.

If you want VP loot on a level 1, you only need the key to get in. If you want to deck out your level 46 alt in ToV loot, go ahead! We just adapted this system a few months ago and every seems to love it

Detoxx
10-14-2017, 07:59 PM
Toon* not room.

Pokesan
10-14-2017, 07:59 PM
can i join

markcosmin
10-14-2017, 08:04 PM
Overall Awakened and Aftermath are both really casual considering that were the "hardcore" guilds of the server. AM requires a little less Raid Attendance to bid and also has a FFA dkp bidding system. This means, outside of 3 mobs (Vulak, Dozekar and Tunare) you are free to bid on any loot for any room that is able to loot the item.

If you want VP loot on a level 1, you only need the key to get in. If you want to deck out your level 46 alt in ToV loot, go ahead! We just adapted this system a few months ago and every seems to love it

I mean i'm not on one side or the other but this stinks of RMT, buy any item for any toon? could you ask for a better situation to sell something? Seems worse that you're the leader of this guild? Am I reading this right?

Crashking
10-16-2017, 12:02 PM
Define 'casual.'

Dawn Believers is unquestionably the top casual leveling guild, and I wouldn't be surprised if every unique player had one or more characters in it.

I can confirm your surprise. I am a unique player and I have no characters within Dawn Believers, but i have been asked to. Heck I know the leader from way back and I could have a toon under the banner in a second but I chosen to not participate there.

Atmas
10-16-2017, 12:23 PM
I mean i'm not on one side or the other but this stinks of RMT, buy any item for any toon? could you ask for a better situation to sell something? Seems worse that you're the leader of this guild? Am I reading this right?

No, you aren't reading that correctly. When he says buy he means with DKP. DKP is an in -game in-guild currency that a lot of raiding guilds use for loot distribution. You raid to earn DKP and then get to bid on items with the DKP you have accumulated. What Detoxx is saying here is there aren't too many restrictions on using DKP for a toon that can wield an item. In many other cases there are level and main status requirements to bid on an item for a toon.

Feloray
10-17-2017, 03:20 PM
<Moist>

Because best name.

Naethyn
10-17-2017, 04:24 PM
Usually the non A/A guild taking the most flak in RNF.

Kushie
10-17-2017, 04:31 PM
BDA top casual guild on p99

Ezrick
10-20-2017, 01:45 AM
As to Awakened's loot policy, we have a 15% Raid Attendance requirement to be considered "Active". We have multiple tiers for loot. Items either fall in as Main First, Main/Cert (basically your second best toon) First, Alts, or "Rot Tier". Being Active means you can bid in these tiers properly. Being Inactive, you can still bid and win items, you just bid down a tier. So, you will not be bidding on Main First items, but you can still bid on Main/Cert items for your Main. Some items in this tier include Fist of Lightning, Cloak of the Sky, Boots of the Destroyer, Trident of the Deep Sea, Wurmscale Fistwraps, Cloak of Thorns, Cloak of the Falling Stars, White Dragon Scale Sash, and many other very nice items.

If you have a loot policy this complicated you don't have a casual raiding guild.

Ravager
10-20-2017, 07:05 AM

Not only this, a pick up group is way more fun than listening to a bunch of mouth breathers burp orders at each other while you're waiting around to press auto-attack for a trivialized pull.

Breaken
10-20-2017, 07:25 AM
If you have a loot policy this complicated you don't have a casual raiding guild.

It isn't complicated at all, and most people prefer it over letting these items waste away on a Level 1 or Level 46, just because they can loot it. It also allows for a more casual style of play because players with next to no raid attendance can still pick up really decent items, unlike in Aftermath where inactives cannot bid at all. (From what I am reading)

Both systems have their perks. I would argue that Awakened's system is better for new members because more items are sectioned off for Mains. This keeps them from having to bid against a Level 1 Alt.

Loke
10-20-2017, 11:52 AM
Stop trying to pretend that A/A doesn't require raid attendance while you're online.

I've been super casual since FE broke up, and have been with Forsaken/Aftermath most of that time. Literally the only person I've ever witnessed bug someone about being online and not at a raid was Moosejaw, and he hasn't played in like a year. Raid attendence when you're online is definitely encouraged, but I don't think anyone has ever been kicked out or punished for being online but not raiding. Sometimes I'm online mostly afk just killing a ~30 min spawn PH but can't devote enough attention to actually raiding, and no one has ever said anything to me about it.

Legidias
10-20-2017, 11:57 AM
Loot council / loot restriction = non casual

Zekayy
10-20-2017, 12:24 PM

WTF are you smoking dude? my grandma passed away 4 months ago and during that time I logged on was in seb didnt feel like raiding was at 0% ra and nobody said shit to me nobody said hey Zekay you need to come to the raids stop being a hater paulg just because your former guild AG sucks at everything. you think we were born with talent? during the FtE races werent good we practiced just like everyone else and we got good we didnt wake up realize were Usain Bolt of racing same goes for cothing we it takes practice something csg can do but doesnt

Zekayy
10-20-2017, 12:30 PM

Also arent you on our test server? Lol why you hating on us bro?

Lhancelot
10-20-2017, 12:40 PM
Maybe AM/AW have evolved since Paulg was familiar with the inner workings of them.

I can say one thing for sure, in the past 6 months both of these guilds seem to have much more social players in them now than I noticed in the past.

Maybe I just never happened to run into many of their members and I am wrong but it sure seems to me that AM/AW have a much more friendly and social group of players now.

I'd say this easily could reflect how the guilds are now running too, perhaps they are a bit more relaxed and not as high strung as they used to be.

Rivera
10-20-2017, 01:29 PM
When you say "top casual" I think Kittens Who Say Meow.

If you mean "top guild without going full neckbeard" I think Paradigm Shift.

If you mean "top guild but I was being cute with the casual part" I think Aftermath.

If you mean "top choice when the time comes to choose a guild" I think logging off and uninstalling.

Pokesan
10-20-2017, 03:02 PM
When you say "top casual" I think Kittens Who Say Meow.

If you mean "top guild without going full neckbeard" I think Paradigm Shift.

If you mean "top guild but I was being cute with the casual part" I think Aftermath.

If you mean "top choice when the time comes to choose a guild" I think logging off and uninstalling.

really good post not joking love it

Gozuk
10-20-2017, 03:08 PM
you think we were born with talent?

Rofl. This is awesome.