PDA

View Full Version : New Player Events: Sun Oct 15th and 22nd 3pm EST

Tune
10-12-2017, 02:47 PM
Hello Everyone,

Recently I have heard much dismay from a wide variety of gamers that just aren't satisfied with their current product. I think this is probably the best time to give the RED SERVER a try. Red would be a blast with more players, we can all agree. I'd like to spark some population growth, and bring some new life to the server.

Just to give you a heads up on the rules of the server:

1) +/- 4 lvl range for pvp
2) NO item loot
3) Coin loot only (use bank or carry gems idiot)
4) FFA in raid zones
5) you can LNS (loot and scoot) anytime you die in pvp (GM enforced)
6) increased EXP bonus ( +50% solo and +40% for each grp member added = 240% for full group)
7) NO boxing... BUT
8) You can legally box both p1999 blue and red at the same time

Just to give you the lowdown on the current state of affairs. We have 3 main guilds atm

1) <Apex> = Endgame velious raiding
2) <Epidemic> = Casual velious raiding / pvp
3) <Sanctuary> = Low level guild , focused on leveling

<Apex> and <Sanctuary> have recently come to the agreement that we will not be pvping each other under level 40. New comers to the server can tag up for a little added safety for leveling.

Now what will happen at these events you say??

I want to keep it simple. Pretty much I want to port around and gather up all new players, get them together with a lot of the server vets and just dump our junk on to you guys. Give you guys some plat for spells, starter gear, player made JC stuff. I also would like to power level you guys to about level 10. I'm not looking to go crazy on you guys, just a little help to get started. If all goes well and we have a lot of people i would like to do a little pvp event, I have several ideas I am working with. There will be a VERY big reward for the winner.

Also you guys need to do me a favor please... PICK A SENSIBLE CLASS. Please keep in mind our pop is low, and we are just starting to work on it here. Do not come to the server alone by yourself and make a lvl 1 dark elf warrior. That is a horrible first character to make on this server. I want you to be able to play the game in case you are by yourself once in a while. I recommend priest or INT caster... no hybrids or melees, unless you are coming over with a group of players you always play with. Also if you can progress a solo character that will allow you to twink your melee and make your life a lot easier the second time around.

thank you for reading and see you on the battle field!!!

GL <Apex>

-Tune

Ragnaros
10-12-2017, 02:50 PM
��

Cylock
10-12-2017, 02:55 PM
Very nice, good to see you guys are working together!

skarlorn
10-12-2017, 03:02 PM
No thanks, the exp bonus already makes leveling 2 e z; I don't want hand outs either.

Lhancelot
10-12-2017, 03:03 PM
I think this is probably the best time to give the RED SERVER a try.

http://i.imgur.com/OR5Vrkm.gif (https://imgur.com/OR5Vrkm)

Somekid123
10-12-2017, 03:16 PM

totmanc
10-12-2017, 04:27 PM
WILL BE IN FORCE TO GRIEF THIS EVENT

Lulz~Sect
10-12-2017, 04:29 PM
We should all log in to grief Tune

C U REAL SOON

HippoNipple
10-12-2017, 04:30 PM
Checked outside website for suspicious posts, guy by the name of Rune is setting up shop about the same time of this event. I don't think anything is going on but it is fascinating.

skarlorn
10-12-2017, 05:01 PM
why dont u red boys try a new tactic. You should make a red99 propaganda blog and update it with cool and normal stories about the server and provide some believable content to lure away salty blue players.

Lulz~Sect
10-12-2017, 05:24 PM
2670 logins aka countermeasures

(lol)

Jmcwrestling
10-12-2017, 05:29 PM
My first toon on red was a DE warrior and as you can see, he was benched for my necro at level 11 lol. But he is incredible at killing skeletons for bone chips for my necro so was it really a bad move ?

skarlorn
10-12-2017, 05:41 PM
lulz, tell us more about the truth of r99

KEWLGET
10-12-2017, 05:48 PM
weird, where did my warning post go?

skarlorn
10-12-2017, 05:51 PM
u got hit with that ninja edit no doubt

Lulz~Sect
10-12-2017, 06:28 PM
Skarlon, sooner or later you're going to realize, just as I did, that there's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.

MiRo2
10-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Veteran players handing out gear, buffing, and porting new players is an everyday thing on Red. I would be surprised if an event like this was a trap, or turned out to be anything but a success. Going to be pretty hard to overpower a bunch of people below 10 with buffs.

But

Be whatever you want to be, you'll have more fun that way, and if you want a more effective character for raiding, leveling a second character will go by pretty quickly once your familiar with the server.

Pindrought
10-12-2017, 10:06 PM
8) You can legally box both p1999 blue and red at the same time

Are you 100% sure on this?

Edit: Also, recharging items doesn't work on red right? :/

kotton05
10-12-2017, 10:18 PM
No recharges.

I started while camps on blue were taken. Basically you can't afk here is why blue has more people. Even with a lower pop right now in TS it's not hard to get a group to go do much of anything. Just gotta know who to /ignore.

Outer
10-12-2017, 10:45 PM
Very nice, good to see you guys are working together!

This event sounds blue as fuck

wwoneo
10-12-2017, 11:09 PM
This thread should be moved to Red Server Chat

Shrubwise
10-12-2017, 11:29 PM
Are you 100% sure on this?

Edit: Also, recharging items doesn't work on red right? :/

Yes, it is 100% legal to have two clients open simultaneously, one on red and one on blue.

Gyva02
10-13-2017, 12:12 AM
Waiting for the racial teams server, if they ever make it...

Shrubwise
10-13-2017, 12:30 AM
Don't hold your breath cuz you'd be really dead.

(It's not goina happen:()

Ravager
10-13-2017, 02:38 AM

kotton05
10-13-2017, 11:12 AM
Nope belongs in server chat:)

HippoNipple
10-13-2017, 11:14 AM
Runed Mithril Tunic sales need to be in the trading forum.

Cylock
10-13-2017, 07:52 PM

Show me where it says Blue Server only and I will move it. It says General Community, then server chat. I hope that clarifies things for you

wwoneo
10-13-2017, 08:28 PM
Show me where it says Blue Server only and I will move it. It says General Community, then server chat. I hope that clarifies things for you

How about common sense? Classification exists due to the necessity of organization. There is a server chat for blue, and one for red. Unless you're trying to insinuate that blue doesn't have a server chat of its own, but red DOES have one of its own. Giving the red server, a server with 10% of blue's population, its own server chat, but not give a main server its own server chat doesn't make much sense. I think you're too bias to make a ruling on this. Good work you're doing on red though. Thanks for stopping by!

P.S. I've seen other posts that were red topics moved from blue server chat to red in the past. So precedence dictates this post would fall into that category.

Makeitrain
10-14-2017, 07:08 AM
pras cylock

i got my name picked out boys

Symbioticforks
10-14-2017, 08:45 AM
There's more value for your time investment on Red99.

Until the AoE nerf leveling was actually easier on Blue with the 24/7 Chardok pulls. I doubt it would feel more earned on one server compared to another.

You can camp most items on Red without there being any sort of line, and with a few hours a day Raiding there's no item in the game that's completely unobtainable. The market is rather garbage making odds and ends a bit hard to come by, but you're not sorting through people attempting to sell endless amounts of junk either.

As for leveling finding groups may be harder, but the exp bonus kinda averages that all out. And it's not like all the good spots are going to be taken, I guess that's a common problem on Blue? (or so I've been told)

If you need to go AFK, you just log out. It's pretty simple. There's no risk of someone hunting you down if you're not online. I guess going AFK and staying logged in is really important to some people. I don't know.

Overall, Everquest is easy - NPC's are scripted and predictable. Player interactions are not. Having PvP enabled adds an additional layer of depth to a game everyone already knows everything about. Give it a shot. I've been on Red99 for several years and it's been nothing but endless entertainment.

Beastagoog
10-14-2017, 01:23 PM
LOL

When did Vuulak last die?
This has to be an elaborate 3 month plan to kill Vuulak again.
Pixel fiends scratching their arms in need of a Vuulak hit.

(It has to have pixel greed as it's true agenda because that's the true driving force behind red99 decisions)

Good luck with it.

Also p.s. by... "Also you guys need to do me a favor please... PICK A SENSIBLE CLASS" ....he means clerics and rogues.

Beastagoog
10-14-2017, 02:14 PM
...actually on 2nd thought they probably just need the bodies. So your class is irrelevant.

Once you get to a reasonable level and join the guild on your 53 Mage you'll prob get a PM asking if you can play a cleric for the raid.

LOL AND I AM NOT EVEN JOKING.

heartbrand
10-14-2017, 03:04 PM
I’ve posted this before but it bears repeating. Much of the excitement that fuels the pixel addiction is the ability to show off your cool loots to people. On red everyone is already driving Ferrari’s and your loot is meaningless, this minimizing the excitement felt upon winning a loot. The myth that it can be used for PvP is a lie used to justify the pixel grind. There is no meaningful PvP on red, and the PvP there is usually involves ganks or small skirmishes where the loot you gain is trivial.

Tune
10-14-2017, 05:23 PM
I’ve posted this before but it bears repeating. Much of the excitement that fuels the pixel addiction is the ability to show off your cool loots to people. On red everyone is already driving Ferrari’s and your loot is meaningless, this minimizing the excitement felt upon winning a loot. The myth that it can be used for PvP is a lie used to justify the pixel grind. There is no meaningful PvP on red, and the PvP there is usually involves ganks or small skirmishes where the loot you gain is trivial.

this is pretty wrong

ooc is global, u can show off more to the whole server if thats all you care about? (that is a pretty stupid imo)

loot is never meaningless on here, vulak is dying EVERY week and we still only have 2 robes on server. that leaves a lot of room for unique characters.

Also... gear means a lot more in small skirmish compared to mass pvp when u are focused by 30 people

oh yeah and for the record this guy hasnt played in like a year

markcosmin
10-14-2017, 06:11 PM
Tried red at 6pm in prime time on friday and couldn't even find a duo lol

Beastagoog
10-14-2017, 07:42 PM
When I get home I'll post a pic as to why red99 needs a wipe and not a dwindle of new players.

Beastagoog
10-14-2017, 08:36 PM
https://imgur.com/haZYqHT

A banker toon with 100'000's of plat worth of gear sitting on it. A shaman and cleric toon about to be stripped down and added to it.

This is the problem with red99 atm its a fantasy, fast paced eq version where everyone just collects shit and pretends its about pvp.

I wasnt even a big time farmer...then you get bored and quit...

Outer
10-15-2017, 10:11 AM
https://imgur.com/haZYqHT

A banker toon with 100'000's of plat worth of gear sitting on it. A shaman and cleric toon about to be stripped down and added to it.

This is the problem with red99 atm its a fantasy, fast paced eq version where everyone just collects shit and pretends its about pvp.

I wasnt even a big time farmer...then you get bored and quit...

I agree with you. However you have nothing noteworthy other than newby trash gear

Tune
10-15-2017, 02:03 PM
I agree with you. However you have nothing noteworthy other than newby trash gear

lol

bring that stuff to pass out to the noobs

startin up now

Whom-pah
10-15-2017, 03:40 PM
as a new red player i wish i could make it to these, but i hope everyone that can has a great time.

Tune
10-15-2017, 04:44 PM
pretty great success today pals

id like to do this weekly so it catches on

we got like 10 people to lvl 10 with some decent starter gear

Tune
10-15-2017, 04:48 PM
pras to Guava for coming down and helping out

Pokesan
10-15-2017, 04:51 PM
congrats on doubling your pop

Outer
10-15-2017, 06:16 PM
pretty great success today pals

id like to do this weekly so it catches on

we got like 10 people to lvl 10 with some decent starter gear

so dumb and so desperate

Symbioticforks
10-16-2017, 09:13 AM
Haters gonna hate ^

plasma1010
10-16-2017, 11:50 AM
What happened to Blue, it had like almost 5,000 players last winter ...

I might try Red in the future.

Spyder73
10-16-2017, 12:12 PM
Dear Diary Red99
Writen by Tekilya Wu'Tang circa 2015
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213767

Day 1 – Today I decided to make a Necromancer on Red99. People seem to really enjoy it on the forums; I hope it’s as much fun as advertised.

Day 3 – So I have made it to level 10, starting to level in in Kurns now. I havn’t got a chance to PVP anyone yet, but I have seen some chat in /OOC. I better be on my toes though, I know these PvP guys can be pretty intense. A good pvp fight for a camp sounds fun though!

Day 7 – Kunark seems…..empty. I think it might have been a mistake making an Iskar. I left Kurns recently and headed to LOIO….leveling has been a bit slow due to all the soloing. I think a change of scenery would help, time to head back to Antonica area…On blue there are always groups in the old world.

Day 12 – I have decided to go to Perma Frost! On my way through Black Burrow I met my first real player! A 44 mage named Swish was killing Elite Gnoll Guards near the pit. I asked what a level 44 mage was doing in Black Burrow and he told me that this is the only zone <Empire> will let him level in…..not sure what the means…. He offered me 500pp to stay in zone and chat with him, but neither of were gaining XP so I decided to move along….he followed me all the way to the zone line and “/em is sad” when I finally left.

Day 13 – Not seeing many players – Perma Frost was completely barren. running low on Bone Chips, time to head to EC soon!

Day 15 – I went to buy some bone chips in EC today….a rogue messaged me saying he had 5 stacks for sale, but when I went to meet him he decloaked and started to PVP me. He had a CoF, Ragebringer, Fungi, and was in full VP gear somehow…. After he killed me for the 15th time I politely messaged him saying I was confused and I need bone chips to level…..his only response was “YOU NO LNS jajajajaja”. I asked him what LNS was and he replied “**jajajajajajaja intensifies**”. I don’t know what happening. Think I will log out for the evening.

Day 25 – Unable to find a group, I headed to Mistmoore this morning. Courtyard is one of my favorite camps in the game. Everything was going fine until a level 60 caster came through and started dispelling roots and /shouting “L2P”. I asked him to stop….he told me never to disrespect him like that. Then he logged over to his rogue alt…. it’s the same one from EC =(. Needless to say I will not be returning to Mistmoore.

Day 29 – Today I zoned into Kaesora to camp Staff of Dreaded gaze and….there was a level 3 bard standing naked in the corner from a guild called <The Mystical Order>. I went up and asked if I could help him with a corpse recovery or anything, and his character turned to look at me for a few seconds, and then he just turned back into the corner without saying anything….I think I am going to move zones, getting a creepy vibe here.

Speedi
10-16-2017, 12:23 PM
Dear Diary Red99

Day 1 – Today I decided to make a Necromancer on Red99. People seem to really enjoy it on the forums; I hope it’s as much fun as advertised.

Day 3 – So I have made it to level 10, starting to level in in Kurns now. I havn’t got a chance to PVP anyone yet, but I have seen some chat in /OOC. I better be on my toes though, I know these PvP guys can be pretty intense. A good pvp fight for a camp sounds fun though!

Day 7 – Kunark seems…..empty. I think it might have been a mistake making an Iskar. I left Kurns recently and headed to LOIO….leveling has been a bit slow due to all the soloing. I think a change of scenery would help, time to head back to Antonica area…On blue there are always groups in the old world.

Day 12 – I have decided to go to Perma Frost! On my way through Black Burrow I met my first real player! A 44 mage named Swish was killing Elite Gnoll Guards near the pit. I asked what a level 44 mage was doing in Black Burrow and he told me that this is the only zone <Empire> will let him level in…..not sure what the means…. He offered me 500pp to stay in zone and chat with him, but neither of were gaining XP so I decided to move along….he followed me all the way to the zone line and “/em is sad” when I finally left.

Day 13 – Not seeing many players – Perma Frost was completely barren. running low on Bone Chips, time to head to EC soon!

Day 15 – I went to buy some bone chips in EC today….a rogue messaged me saying he had 5 stacks for sale, but when I went to meet him he decloaked and started to PVP me. He had a CoF, Ragebringer, Fungi, and was in full VP gear somehow…. After he killed me for the 15th time I politely messaged him saying I was confused and I need bone chips to level…..his only response was “YOU NO LNS jajajajaja”. I asked him what LNS was and he replied “**jajajajajajaja intensifies**”. I don’t know what happening. Think I will log out for the evening.

Day 25 – Unable to find a group, I headed to Mistmoore this morning. Courtyard is one of my favorite camps in the game. Everything was going fine until a level 60 caster came through and started dispelling roots and /shouting “L2P”. I asked him to stop….he told me never to disrespect him like that. Then he logged over to his rogue alt…. it’s the same one from EC =(. Needless to say I will not be returning to Mistmoore.

Day 29 – Today I zoned into Kaesora to camp Staff of Dreaded gaze and….there was a level 3 bard standing naked in the corner from a guild called <The Mystical Order>. I went up and asked if I could help him with a corpse recovery or anything, and his character turned to look at me for a few seconds, and then he just turned back into the corner without saying anything….I think I am going to move zones, getting a creepy vibe here.

I actually lol’d, good tale sir

Lhancelot
10-16-2017, 01:15 PM
Dear Diary Red99

Very fun read, but even I have to doubt Red is quite THAT bad. Although the part about Swish adds a lot of legitimacy to the story no doubt.