PDA

View Full Version : since when are the guards at the gate of west freeport red con to level 49 players?

dbouya
10-13-2017, 02:35 AM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Guard_Munden
https://wiki.project1999.com/Guard_Jacsen

these guys are now a red con to me at lvl49.
since when?
was this a recent patch? was it always like this?
can anyone suggest guards I can kill at this level? the lower level east freeport guards are too weak now.
I'm a shaman so I can't do paladins, what set of guards does that leave?

jakerees
10-13-2017, 08:27 AM
I remember at some point in live's timeline that guards in at least east commonlands and in north ro were made ridiculously strong as well to keep them from getting killed by higher level players. Don't remember when though.

Llodd
10-13-2017, 09:09 AM
Yeah they changed recently, noticed that too. Were blue to level 60 before, now yellow

mattydef
10-13-2017, 12:32 PM
They buffed them up to 60+ recently I think due to the complaints of KOS players training through west to north, which is surprising considering how unclassic the guards are now.

dbouya
10-13-2017, 07:26 PM
that's why I always rested in north, instead of west, west was always guard train city... I guess now that velious is out who cares, doesn't seem that classic to me though...

Lulz~Sect
10-13-2017, 07:46 PM
i can't farm them easily anymore so I'm mad thread

dbouya
10-14-2017, 02:34 AM
I'm not really mad, but someone should fix all the wiki entries, which would be easier to do if anyone knew which patch made this change? and if that patch listed exactly which sets were effected.

if the wiki had warned me I never would've tried to go there and do it.

Lhancelot
10-14-2017, 08:56 AM
I'm not really mad, but someone should fix all the wiki entries, which would be easier to do if anyone knew which patch made this change? and if that patch listed exactly which sets were effected.

Feel free to fix the Wiki entries?

Poor form to complain about what others should do for you when you are in a position to do exactly what you are saying needs to be done.

I have run into innaccurate info via Wiki, but I don't know how to fix the entries. I also don't complain that someone needs to fix it.

Pokesan
10-14-2017, 08:59 AM

nah. your character doesn't have access to the wiki. he/she wouldn't know this.

aaezil
10-14-2017, 09:36 AM
did someone call the waaaaahbulance? Not but yeah - same thing happened on live. Its to protect the noobs

Triiz
10-14-2017, 10:56 AM
I have run into innaccurate info via Wiki, but I don't know how to fix the entries. I also don't complain that someone needs to fix it.

You make an account and click "Edit" on the top between "Discussion" and "History". The other Edit buttons don't work.

Lhancelot
10-14-2017, 11:43 AM
You make an account and click "Edit" on the top between "Discussion" and "History". The other Edit buttons don't work.

Ha, thank you.

indiscriminate_hater
10-14-2017, 12:13 PM
LOL "if the wiki had warned me..."

The wiki goes against the spirit of classic Everquest. This is not meant to be a game where you know everything by reading about it.