PDA

View Full Version : Getting the gear you need, and the money to succeed?!

Fenrisulfr
02-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Hey guys!

Another friendly newbie thread for some of us who were really young when we played classic (or didn't play classic at all!)

Any tips on the best way to obtain some loot and cash? I'm a barb warrior in Halas trying to grind by! just hit level 5 and I'm wearing some cloth armor, is this normal? What should I do?

I share these threads with my friends around here in town and then we all learn!

So please! Don't bash! Just share.

Uaellaen
02-10-2010, 02:01 AM
this is normal ... this game is hard if you have no higher lvl char or anyone to support you ;) basicly keep doing what your doing ... it will get better= )

Tristin
02-10-2010, 02:04 AM
Best advice I can give you is gtfo of Halas. Being a tank makes you valuable to groups and groups are happening in Crushbone 5-12, oasis 12-17, Uguk 18-22ish. Make a run and ask for a bind when you get to Gfay. After that its just a matter of grinding the levels. Loot stuff. It adds up. Gear/Money all that all come with exp. Good luck mate.

karsten
02-10-2010, 02:12 AM
just send a tell to giganto, that guy has like one of every item on the server now

Tristin
02-10-2010, 02:19 AM
just send a tell to giganto, that guy has like one of every item on the server now

I heard he even has Earthcaller...

Dabamf
02-10-2010, 02:29 AM
(1)Wait in north freeport bank, particularly just before/after a guild is finished raiding
(2)??
(3)Profit

Fenrisulfr
02-10-2010, 02:35 AM
I appreciate all the answers guys. I'll probably start leveling pretty hard tomorrow morning no doubt.

Tristin
02-10-2010, 02:37 AM
(1)Wait in north freeport bank, particularly just before/after a guild is finished raiding
(2)??
(3)Profit

i lold

Alprazolam
02-10-2010, 03:57 AM
My advice, Head to Blackburrow. The Gnoll teeth quest will plow ya through the lower levels quick.

Brut
02-10-2010, 04:09 AM
Perfectly normal, saw a lvl 20 or so troll warrior in Unrest in full cloth once. Looked so awesome. :p

I say pick up blacksmithing and make yourself some banded and fine plate as the money comes by, paying no attention to the guy who suggests rolling a mage and farming gear with it before starting your melee.

Finawin
02-10-2010, 04:48 AM
Yeah, because my Paladin isn't better off for me rolling a mage to fund him at all...not at all.

Shads
02-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Hey guys!

Another friendly newbie thread for some of us who were really young when we played classic (or didn't play classic at all!)

Any tips on the best way to obtain some loot and cash? I'm a barb warrior in Halas trying to grind by! just hit level 5 and I'm wearing some cloth armor, is this normal? What should I do?

I share these threads with my friends around here in town and then we all learn!

So please! Don't bash! Just share.

Gather polar bear skins and hand them to Cyndl in halas (think thats her name) This will get you some leather armor.

Gather gnoll fangs in/around Black Burrow and hand them in to the female warrior guild master in halas, each one gives good exp and 5g +an item.

Other than that, yeah get out of halas run to the spires in north karana and look for a port to commons or gfay, get a bind when you get there then look for a group.

Malrubius
02-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Yeah, that's classic for ya. Getting some piece of armor in every slot is the first step.

Fenrisulfr
02-10-2010, 12:03 PM
and corpse runs.. those are fun..

Ridas
02-10-2010, 12:08 PM
You can also start Tailoring. You can craft yourself a few patched leather items easily with Ruined bear hides. Doesnt require much skillpoints and money.

There is a vendor close to the Halas zoneline, who sells a Sewing Kit and Armorpatterns.

The Situation
02-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Get a healer partner and go camp the Nybright Sisters in Lfay. You can do that from 13-20 for good exp, and make about 100pp/hr on the bronze weapons they drop.

Rhalous
02-10-2010, 02:59 PM
I think you have gotten a lot of good answers and ideas here, bro. I would also like to add that you should do some price checks and find a low lvl weapon that has a proc to help you keep aggro in your groups. You can always get buffs, but they dont do you much good if you can't keep aggro off your group members. An obsidian shard comes to mind as a good low lvl weapon and they are pretty common.
Welcome to p99, man. This is a great server.

Viscerate
02-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Yeah, the easiest is to just pick up tailoring and make yourself some leather armor, you just need to find the pelt ingredients, then later on try and buy some player created banded or see if you can buy some bronze armor off someone.

When I first started playing this game back in 2000 and were new I actually bought banded from the shops and it was super expensive, but people bought DF belts for 10p or so back then so was easy to get money :P

bofa
02-10-2010, 03:13 PM
are nybright sisters better xp for 13 necro than oasis soloing / grouping?

The Situation
02-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Guess that depends on the group.