PDA

View Full Version : Gargoyle Eye's still viable for farming?

Nasarth
10-23-2017, 07:46 AM
Hello,

I am a new player and am currently a 19 mage. I'm looking to start farming some platinum when I hit 20 and saw a couple farming guides saying to farm gargoyles at level 20 since their eyes are work 9-10pp. I came across another thread saying they might have been nerfed as he only sold them for 4pp? Others were saying it depends on the vendor.

Is this true are they still worth 9-10pp but you just have to sell to the correct vendor?

Thank you

Lhancelot
10-23-2017, 07:49 AM
Hello,

I am a new player and am currently a 19 mage. I'm looking to start farming some platinum when I hit 20 and saw a couple farming guides saying to farm gargoyles at level 20 since their eyes are work 9-10pp. I came across another thread saying they might have been nerfed as he only sold them for 4pp? Others were saying it depends on the vendor.

Is this true are they still worth 9-10pp but you just have to sell to the correct vendor?

Thank you

Depends on vendor they typically should sell for 9-10pp.

I think farming other items are easier and more lucrative tbh.

Legidias
10-23-2017, 08:03 AM
Can confirm they sell for 9-10p on regular merchant (having just looted a bunch in MM and selling in lfay). 4p on greedy merchant probably.

Nasarth
10-23-2017, 08:38 AM
Depends on vendor they typically should sell for 9-10pp.

I think farming other items are easier and more lucrative tbh.

What other spots would be doable for an untwinked 20 mage?

Lulz~Sect
10-23-2017, 08:46 AM
9pp each to Ellona (BB) as an Iksar NEC
Can solo them at OoT

Maverickkc
10-23-2017, 09:33 AM
I did this quite a bit as a necro in OOT. The biggest benefit imo is low weight and stackable. There is other cash out there via FS weapons but hard to cart around as a caster. Not going to get rich but a good way to fund spells.

Yoink1986
10-23-2017, 11:11 AM
If you exp in MM and get grps u definitely can make some good pp looting them. There’s better things to loot but still is nice to take if there.

Lhancelot
10-23-2017, 11:30 AM
Lightstones, greater lightstones from wisps that you can turn in for XP or sell to players for quest. They can sell for 3-5pp for regular LS and 10pp for greater lightstones to players.

The greater lightstones give xp and a tome in return that sells for 9-10pp. It takes up 1 container slot, so if you do that quest leave at least one slot open so the tome can be sold easily from your inventory to the gypsy vendor.

You can farm bears for HQ bear pelts, they sell for 30pp.

Spider silks from EK off the Crag Spiders they drop mass number of silks, you could sell them in bulk for money or work your tailoring up so you can make 10 slot bags and sell those for 60pp each.

**If you farmed HQ bear pelts, you could use them for the 10 slot bags you can make once you get tailoring up.**

Warrens is awesome XP from 20-24, and its not the best money, but some weapons from kobolds and armors do sell for 1-6pp each, you also get faction that enables you to buy a Hole key from Paineel if you stay long enough in Warrens.

If you like that spot, head into Stonebrunt and kill more kobolds at the camps right next to the Warrens zoneline; this will drop more weapons and armors, as well as give more faction for Paineel. Stonebrunt is good from 24-30 at kobold camps.

Once you are 24-26 lvl you ought to be able to kill Sisters on sisters island, the best money camp for that level. The weapons sell for 10pp per, and a vendor sells to nearly everyone especially good races, it's a dwarf vendor.

These sisters are 2 in a hut, they are great xp and the money is unbeatable.

If someone is camping sister hut, ask if you can kill the sisters at dock and on the beach, they don't drop the weapons but still drop some loot and also are great xp. That way, you aint stuck on the island with nothing to do.

You can also head around sister island and kill dwarfs, I forget their lvls tbh though, think they similar as the sisters.

basically I would suggest pushing your levels, the plats will come much easier as you are higher in level.

As a mage you lack the ability to port and make it easy to find good cash spots so I'd find one good spot, and stick with it to get levels.

Once you are 30+ there are more money places to XP and gain plats.

Daloon
10-23-2017, 11:35 AM
Someone needs to make a guide for level 19s and level 20.. It's 8:40AM in the morning and already seen 4 people ask where to go at 19 and 20 lol.

Legidias
10-23-2017, 11:51 AM
If only there was some sort of ultimate leveling while making money guide on the wiki.....

Nasarth
10-23-2017, 12:45 PM
If only there was some sort of ultimate leveling while making money guide on the wiki.....

I was asking about gargoyle eyes not an ultimate leveling while making money guide mwp

Legidias
10-23-2017, 12:48 PM
It was more in response to daloon lol

Daloon
10-23-2017, 01:02 PM
That guide only lists Crag spiders for that lvl range

who the fuk kills crag spiders.. not many.

TheOutdoorNerd
10-23-2017, 01:25 PM
The Aviak city in SK is pretty good for cash in your mid to high 20s. The birds drop lots of gems, research items, and some fine steel, and good races can even sell there.

loramin
10-23-2017, 01:36 PM
I was asking about gargoyle eyes not an ultimate leveling while making money guide mwp

Fair enough, but since other people read this thread too I'll just mention quickly that the wiki's Treasure Hunting Guide (link in my signature), includes most if not all of the places mentioned in this thread (except crag spiders; silk doesn't really sell reliably ...)

It also has others like the SK hermit or (in a few levels) mammoths in Everfrost, and if it ever doesn't have a good spot that you know about by all means feel free to add it: it's a wiki!

Lulz~Sect
10-23-2017, 01:47 PM
now that's a nice wiki, thx4share!

we have it so EZ today trying to figure out where 2 XP :p

TheOutdoorNerd
10-23-2017, 01:48 PM
Levelling a chanter and shaman in Mistmoore, I never saw many people solo there because there's usually a group at the pond and graveyard. The gargoyle eyes usually went round robin to the group. I'd usually come away with 5-ish in a good group session. I made more plat on the shaman where I could hold on to all the heavy chain stuff that drops.

Dolalin
10-23-2017, 02:05 PM
Someone needs to make a guide for level 19s and level 20.. It's 8:40AM in the morning and already seen 4 people ask where to go at 19 and 20 lol.

Better than 8:40am in the evening.

Baler
10-23-2017, 02:20 PM
Gargoyle eyes are a very valid new player farming method. In my early mage days I'd hunt them in OOT while trying to avoid the 4 specters at the top of the mountain.

There is also a spot in lower guk that can be gotten to with invis or IVU but you'll need CC to split them.

Lhancelot
10-23-2017, 02:41 PM
Gargoyle eyes are a very valid new player farming method. In my early mage days I'd hunt them in OOT while trying to avoid the 4 specters at the top of the mountain.

There is also a spot in lower guk that can be gotten to with invis or IVU but you'll need CC to split them.

It is valid, but getting to gargs is usually incovenient to say the least, and then irritating with adds of other mobs etc. I just never found them worth the trouble, personally.

Lulz~Sect
10-23-2017, 02:49 PM
the last time i rage quit p1999 was after dying 5 times in a row in OoT and CR'ing from BB rings and dying on one the CRs

actually i'm still bound at rings again this go around but haven't died, yet

Lhancelot
10-23-2017, 02:57 PM
the last time i rage quit p1999 was after dying 5 times in a row in OoT and CR'ing from BB rings and dying on one the CRs

actually i'm still bound at rings again this go around but haven't died, yet

lol yeah, I just vaguely recall trying to do gargs in OOT, and found it exceptionally annoying, getting adds of other mobs when I would be fighting a garg.

I don't even remember what were adds, I just know it was retardedly annoying to the point I stopped and never did it again.

Lulz~Sect
10-23-2017, 03:03 PM
tbf i was probably drunk and aggro'd spectres more than one of those deaths

and then there's that one time i died while RPing /wave /gasp to a NEC killing specs and got splattered by the spectre

SMH

Lhancelot
10-23-2017, 03:11 PM
tbf i was probably drunk and aggro'd spectres more than one of those deaths

and then there's that one time i died while RPing /wave /gasp to a NEC killing specs and got splattered by the spectre

SMH

yeah the charm of p99/Classic EQ it's unforgiving to dumb. :D