PDA

View Full Version : IP exemptions

nilbog
02-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Current IP exemption petitions should be complete and up to date.

There were many which included no relevant information and/or no account names. If you have petitioned on the forums for an IP exemption and it has not been granted or declined, check your thread to see what required information you missed.

Few things I wanted to address:

Include the reason you need an ip exemption. Explain why you and another individual human are wanting to simultaneously play together.
Include the account names of everyone that is relevant to the exemption. (i.e. account name 1 - person name 1, account name 2 - person 2)
Bumping your IP exemption thread will NOT help. I sort by the oldest posts .. so in some instances, it will make your situation worse.

Enjoy!

Akalakamelee
02-27-2011, 07:43 PM
would someone have to already have a character on that server to have an IP exemption granted?

i requested an extemption but i am the only one with a character on P99 at this time (i figured i would wait, let that person roll a new character, then just get gear/PL that character afterwards instead of rolling ahead of time)

i could not find that anywhere in the rules of how to request IP exemption. unless i just missed it.

Gorgetrapper
02-27-2011, 07:45 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/announcement.php?f=25

Akalakamelee
02-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Ok, thanks for the info. i checked it over again and it does seem like you need to have a character already on both accts that you want to be exempted.

thank you.

Massive Marc
02-28-2011, 01:21 PM
What's kinda fucked, is not one person Thanked you.

I'll step up for them.

Thanks Nilbog.

stonebeard22
02-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Thanks Nilbog, I know I waited weeks for mine back in the day. Glad to see your still getting these done. =)

Have fun playing with your couples or roommates guys.

skipdog
02-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Thanks a bunch Nilbog! We greatly appreciate all your hard work!

Gorgetrapper
02-28-2011, 05:14 PM
When his post was first made, anything that was posted, was promptly deleted.

Uthgaard
02-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Not anything, just your complaining.

Massive Marc
02-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Not anything, just your complaining.

I just wanted to take a second to drive your point home. The amount of complaining and bitching on these boards in regards to IP exemptions is ridiculous. Nilbog makes a post to inform us about the exemption and people don't even take the time to thank him. This thread should be filled with people showing some gratitude towards him, as I'm sure it gets fucking annoying dealing with this issue.

Sulfurian
02-28-2011, 06:42 PM
I love the smell of burn in the morning !

Ongbak
02-28-2011, 07:38 PM
never requested but thank you for all your hard work :)

Spector
02-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Yes, thank you for your hard work.
Back when eq first came out it was a thankless job to be Gm.. and seems like that hasn't changed..but know you are appreciated, and will be patient for my response to our request.

Fabutan
03-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Thanks for dealing with the exemption I asked for. My wife and I were able to log on last night and play together, which was awesome. Managed to get into Crushbone and get killed by an Orc Legionnaire, making the circa 1999 experience completely authentic.

For those wondering, we waited only a week for an exemption to come through, did not bump our post or bug the mods and waited politely.

Thanks again!

Versus
03-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Indeed. Thank you guys.

All three of my room mates and myself are now able to play together. Unfortunately they are complete newbs and managed to kill me in Mistmoore and die a few times themselves while I was attemping to PL then while camping Damphe. Thanks for the exemptions, but my life is now a living hell.
:D

Seaweedpimp
03-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Captivate and I appreciate our ip exempt very much.

Love everything about this game. ;)

Thank you nilbog, rogean, uthgaard, and all you content developers i never see the names of. Thank you all.

Drowed
03-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Yes, thank you nilbog!! Razzle and I got our IP exemption and got to play together at my house for the first time last night. Fun was had by all, and we only killed Phisting a few times in kedge. *evil skelly cackle*

FrieAaron
03-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Just want to make sure I've taken the proper steps...when you say Account name and person name I assume you mean their real life name?

Also, just so I have a rough idea are these usually done every week, every other week or just at any time? Don't mean to sound impatient or unappreciative, just curious.

Knightmare
03-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Just want to make sure I've taken the proper steps...when you say Account name and person name I assume you mean their real life name?

Also, just so I have a rough idea are these usually done every week, every other week or just at any time? Don't mean to sound impatient or unappreciative, just curious.

Funny, when I posted my request I put in the account names of both my wife and I and then our RL names.. I wasn't exactly sure either lol. Especially since my wife didin't have a P1999 forum account when I made the post.

But he did post some sort of instructions and a general timetable that may be up to or over 2 weeks.. which is not bad considering all these guys have going on.

FrieAaron
03-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Funny, when I posted my request I put in the account names of both my wife and I and then our RL names.. I wasn't exactly sure either lol. Especially since my wife didin't have a P1999 forum account when I made the post.

But he did post some sort of instructions and a general timetable that may be up to or over 2 weeks.. which is not bad considering all these guys have going on.

Oh yeah, completely understandable especially with all the work I'm sure that's been going on for Kunark. I just want to be sure that when they do come around I have all my bases covered :)

Spewys
03-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Indeed. Thank you guys.

All three of my room mates and myself are now able to play together. Unfortunately they are complete newbs and managed to kill me in Mistmoore and die a few times themselves while I was attemping to PL then while camping Damphe. Thanks for the exemptions, but my life is now a living hell.
:D

Ha.. Totally trying to get my roomy to play so far she is resisting!

matthewwalz
03-09-2011, 04:41 PM
got mine thanks Nilbog!

Surfbuss
03-10-2011, 02:49 AM
how long does it usually take to get a IP Exemption?

Chrushev
03-10-2011, 03:48 AM
how long does it usually take to get a IP Exemption?

mine took about a week and a half. im playing with my co-workers at work, and gf at home.

Tief
03-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the IP exemptions, and all your hard work here, Nilbog! Hopefully I'll be added to my buddies IP exemption shortly so I can play with the RL crew!

PwnyGurl
03-13-2011, 05:05 PM
I just turned 23 today, and all I really want is to be able to play with my boyfriend. Please make my birthday wish come true! <3

dankula
10-19-2011, 10:07 PM
hi im a new player and i wanted to play with my friend who got me into this game and we cant play from same ip so i was wondering if i coud get a ip exempion my account name is dankula5997

Mardur
10-19-2011, 10:15 PM
a) Posting your account name here is really stupid.
b) IP Exemption requests are not made in this thread, read the rules.

Goraxx
10-20-2011, 08:43 AM
hi im a new player and i wanted to play with my friend who got me into this game and we cant play from same ip so i was wondering if i coud get a ip exempion my account name is dankula5997

I can provide your IP exemption although we need your a/c password too. Also credit/debit card info would be good.