PDA

View Full Version : Still dominated by TMO?

rekreant
10-28-2017, 10:23 PM
Title says it all, is this server still dominated by TMO as far as any end game content is? I had left because poop socking was the only way to raid and play, and even then if you werent TMO it was pretty laughable to try and compete.

Pokesan
10-28-2017, 10:32 PM
taken took over

it's alot worse somehow

rekreant
10-28-2017, 10:33 PM
Maybe its time for me to grow up and quit video games....

Mead
10-28-2017, 10:40 PM
After Rampage beat Everquest on this server the competition went to shit. This place is bluer than ever. Awakened and Aftermath rotating a lot of mobs. Prime opportunity to put little effort into gaining a lot of pixels. I'm sure both sides need any reinforcements they can get as Velios continues.

Baler
10-28-2017, 11:00 PM
No, those awful people got banned and good riddance.
I agree that Rampage (most hated guild) did pull a jerk move with sleeper given that the staff have thus far refused to repop it. But if it wasn't them it would have been another guild. Although I'm not sure that guild would outright quit p99 like R did. Like pouring salt into a wound for those who never saw sleeper.

That all being said. There are still server firsts to race for in up coming patches. :)

rekreant
10-28-2017, 11:05 PM
So it can still be worth playing for fun on the server? The whole cut throat competition thing was never my bag, I just wanted to do the content and get some loots.

Tupakk
10-28-2017, 11:08 PM
It's still poopsocked. Just by a different guild.

Baler
10-29-2017, 12:02 AM
Not sure what you mean by this, Most of Rampage formed Awakened, Only a handful of people quit at that time.

Awakened is not rampage. :p

Edit: Can't find the World of Warcraft screenshot(s).

Mead
10-29-2017, 12:04 AM
Not sure what you mean by this, Most of Rampage formed Awakened, Only a handful of people quit at that time.

You could probably easily name 20-30 people who stopped raiding shortly after that.

mr_jon3s
10-29-2017, 12:23 AM
So it can still be worth playing for fun on the server? The whole cut throat competition thing was never my bag, I just wanted to do the content and get some loots.

Fun part about this server is 1-55. Everything after that is pretty much downhill unless you have the time to invest in leveling and poopsocking for raiding.

shuklak
10-29-2017, 12:54 AM
If you want to raid that's why they made Agnarr...

Naethyn
10-29-2017, 01:12 AM
Everyone always forgets <Bacon>

Baler
10-29-2017, 01:13 AM
I feel bad for people who don't keep their ears and eyes glued to the goings ons here. So many bitter people trying paint a picture of horror and deplorability.
P99 is better than it ever has been.

RedXIII
10-29-2017, 01:20 AM
I love these threads where people cry and cry and moan that we woke the sleeper.

Make more of those please.

#getfukd

Prismaticshop
10-29-2017, 01:52 AM
I love these threads where people cry and cry and moan that we woke the sleeper.

#getfukd

Well the guild you were part of is dead and your current guild is suspended, so technically you're the one bent over getting fucked right now :D

Mead
10-29-2017, 02:26 AM

#getfukd

I actually didn't see anyone crying and moaning about waking the sleeper. Baler just said they're the most hated guild, which is debatable, but I can see his point. I also agree that someone else would have done it if they didn't.

You take your meds today pal?

Daloon
10-29-2017, 02:39 AM
There hasn't been any domination since early Velious. Momentum changes week to week and guild names change year by year. With that said, if you want to see the best dragons and acquire the best loot, you'll have to "compete." Aftermath and Awakened clear 95% of Temple of Veeshan/Sleeper's Tomb on their own, while other guilds compete primarily outside of that zone. But all big guilds on the server currently compete and race against others whether it be Kunark dragons, planar mobs, or higher end. With all that said, you can be a casual in any guild on the server. Nobody is forced to poopsock, and most guilds have the lowest attendance requirements the server has ever seen. But keep in mind it is still an MMORPG, so the more you neckbeard, the more pixels you will acquire. As a Thai lady once told me, "Up to you."

rekreant
10-29-2017, 02:59 AM
Ok guys, I dont even know about half the drama you're talking about. I just want to know if every market(epics) is still controlled by one guild? I get it, if you want raid loot it takes work, but can anyone start that process, or is it ONE guild doing content with stringent admission and need requirements. I play a monk, and we all know there are so many monks. Is it possible to get a guild that does stuff on a semi-regular basis?

Mead
10-29-2017, 03:02 AM
As a Thai lady once told me, "Up to you."

This got me smilin' hard.

Ravager
10-29-2017, 09:00 AM
If you wanna clear trash for quest armor and stuff, you can do that casually. If you want to kill anything on a timer with variance, you gotta be on-call since the word rotation is a dirty word around here for some reason and there's enough people here who would rather wake up at 2am to spend a half hour enabling a bunch of addicted nerds than do anything reasonable.

Cecily
10-29-2017, 09:54 AM
The server used to be way more casual raiding friendly when the 1 hour FTE rule was in effect. Rustle would have been the guild you were looking for. Tracking was volunteer work instead of work work, meaning we didn't reward it or encourage it but gave a bonus for securing a mob. We bagged about 3 ToV dragons a week before Sirken abolished that rule and gave us no reasonable chance at competing anymore for some reason. With that rule removed this server is more or less exactly how you remember it. If you aren't in A or A, you don't raid. I say forget EQ and move on. This server sucks.

Tupakk
10-29-2017, 10:01 AM
The server used to be way more casual raiding friendly when the 1 hour FTE rule was in effect. Rustle would have been the guild you were looking for. Tracking was volunteer work instead of work work, meaning we didn't reward it or encourage it but gave a bonus for securing a mob. We bagged about 3 ToV dragons a week before Sirken abolished that rule and gave us no reasonable chance at competing anymore for some reason. With that rule removed this server is more or less exactly how you remember it. If you aren't in A or A, you don't raid. I say forget EQ and move on. This server sucks.

So says the queen of pixels...

Cecily
10-29-2017, 10:17 AM
I did very well for myself in Rustle. I signed up for a retirement home thinking my time playing bingo was over, but we ended up playing bingo a few times a week at least. I even won a few times. They were nice old ladies.

Lhancelot
10-29-2017, 10:29 AM
Title says it all, is this server still dominated by TMO as far as any end game content is? I had left because poop socking was the only way to raid and play, and even then if you werent TMO it was pretty laughable to try and compete.

I believe it appears if you like raiding, there are many viable options. It really depends on what you are looking for in the game and on p99.

If you want the very finest pixels that a top raid guild can get, you have 2 options: Aftermath and Awakened. One seems to be lead by a pixel-mongering manchild who berates his peons into action to great effect dominating the server with a nerdy iron grasp while the other seems to be nearly as dominant without the internal drama. This is all gathered information exclusively from the forums mind you, not to be taken as 100% truth! Both guilds are successful at getting dragon pixels.

Then there are Kittens who really seem to be coming into their own. Personally I think they will become the new BDA someday. They are raiding constantly now, and have a cute and funny guild recruitment thread I go read when I feel like feeling cheerful. Shyye creates these whimsical threads outlining some of the Kittens raid excursions and does a great job adding colorful rainbows, unicorns, kittens, and other cutesy photoshopped images that even turn a boring Plane of Air raid into something that looks fun! The only bad thing is Kittens do ball-gag you from RnF and any potentially controversial forum exchanges with other players. Their GL seems maniacal in his own right, even calling himself something -Pope or Pope-something, hell I forget!

As for the rest of the mid populated guilds, there are some like Paradox that have a good reputation and seem pretty successful. In this same boat is Anonymous. Neither have a bad reputation, and they seem to provide for their guild members quite well. They just seem to be far less active killing dragons, but this is from the outside looking in. I could be wrong here.

I would place Azure Guard and Blood Guard next regarding pixel success. AG spawned BG when a bunch of people committed mutiny and left AG as well as the small raid guild Veloci Shift to form BG. AG recently lost their renowned and beloved GL Nemce. The fact they had an officer then leave shortly after that leaves in mind questions regarding AG and how well they are really doing... Only someone on the inside knows and I am not. BG on the other hand seems to be flourishing, but as far as accomplishing much in the war for pixels I am not so sure. Let's just say they can't even begin to touch AM/AW.

A side note guild would be Savage, but they seem to have created an awful reputation as far as how some of their members reufse to partake in the communistic manner in which 90% of the server wishes to roll on the Scout turn-in. This scout is part of the pixel dream tons of p99 nerds have for some BiS or near BiS items, but requires a turn in which when done disorganized leads to cheating and hacks with people using fast click hacks etc. to turn in faster than the 100 nerds standing around who are also clicking like madmen to turn in. Essentially Savage does not want to do a "roll" allowing a more relaxed and fair way for all involved. Whether or not Savage raids much, I don't know. The only thing I have learned via the forums is they hate doing rolls on the scout turn-in.

I think I mentioned the guilds that can get you epics, pixels, and raid or try to raid. I say try to raid, not because they lack the skill but they simply lack the numbers and/or the ability to mobilize as fast as Awakened and Aftermath or undoubtedly dominate the server right now. There are a few guilds who are not that far behind though.

TL;DR

Join AW/AM if you crave a large serving of dragon pixels.

Join Kittens Who Say Meow, Paradox, Anonymous if you want a sampling size of dragon pixels.

Join Azure Guard, Blood Guard, or Savage for minimal dragon pixels but lots of planes raiding and lower tier raid pixels.

Note: All of these guilds noted above CAN get you parts for your epic. I think.

Dolalin
10-29-2017, 10:57 AM
The raid atmosphere on this server is what the staff want it to be. It's better lately for earthquakes. But as long as the staff want to enable an unhealthy bad-faith mentality at the top end and some very toxic guild leaders, things will continue to suck for the majority.

LiQuid
10-29-2017, 11:11 AM
TL;DR

Join AW/AM if you crave a large serving of dragon pixels.

Join Kittens Who Say Meow, Paradox, Anonymous if you want a sampling size of dragon pixels.

Join Azure Guard, Blood Guard, or Savage for minimal dragon pixels but lots of planes raiding and lower tier raid pixels.

Note: All of these guilds noted above CAN get you parts for your epic. I think.

Pretty good summary but you missed Paradigm Shift. They seem to be closer to a third place guild right now than Kittens are, but I'm not in either guild, I only hear about what they've done the last couple months. There are a lot of great casual tier guild options right now if you want to raid Kunark mobs and get epics. For top pixels you're restricted to A/A but neither of those guilds comes even close to the casual-crushing pixel lust that TMO and a few of those earlier guilds were known for in their heyday. The exception being Aftermath's farm crew which basically steamrolls casual guilds to keep a monopoly on cash drops (Fear golems, mage epics, Naggy, etc). It's sad that this many years into Velious some classes still need buy their epics for absurd prices or get extremely lucky.

Lhancelot
10-29-2017, 11:16 AM
Pretty good summary but you missed Paradigm Shift. They seem to be closer to a third place guild right now than Kittens are, but I'm not in either guild, I only hear about what they've done the last couple months. There are a lot of great casual tier guild options right now if you want to raid Kunark mobs and get epics. For top pixels you're restricted to A/A but neither of those guilds comes even close to the casual-crushing pixel lust that TMO and a few of those earlier guilds were known for in their heyday. The exception being Aftermath's farm crew which basically steamrolls casual guilds to keep a monopoly on cash drops (Fear golems, mage epics, Naggy, etc). It's sad that this many years into Velious some classes still need buy their epics for absurd prices or get extremely lucky.

Ah yeah, I always get Paradigm Shift mixed up with Paradox, for some reason.

Pokesan
10-29-2017, 11:30 AM
is venril sathir still contested hard?

Naethyn
10-29-2017, 12:57 PM
<Bacon> was the second guild on the server to kill Zlandicar.