PDA

View Full Version : Reason why item prices are increasing on P99 Blue

Lhancelot
10-30-2017, 05:34 PM
I believe the increase in cost for items is due to resellers, also known as FAT CATS. Allow me to explain.

When a reseller buys an item and marks it up, then sells that item to another reseller who then in turn marks the item up, this creates a neverending cycle of price inflation! With 96% of the sellers in EC being resellers, this cycle never ends!

Wiki prices are held captive by reseller prices, making it seem as though these extremely high prices are normal, another side effect of high prices being commonly flaunted in the EC /auc channel.

Think of being a fresh, new player joining P99 looking to buy some wares from EC only to find everything highly inflated to the point nothing is affordable! This will push away new players, which eventually will ruin the server! Without new players, P99 is doomed.

I suggest creating a special zone where only resellers are allowed to hock their wares. This would allow them to constantly buy and resell to one another, creating a constant circle-jerk of auctions between them, yet this would spare the real players of the game an opportunity to buy/sell from one another without having to try to navigate through highly inflated item prices.

evan1612
10-30-2017, 05:44 PM
Sadly a very true statement, only options for new players seems to be quickly level a strong solo class and poopsock rare items or join a guild with its own internal economy like <Auld Lang Syne>, the latter option sounds more fun imo.

jpetrick
10-30-2017, 05:44 PM
Can you just take a break from posting for a while?

NachtMystium
10-30-2017, 05:56 PM
I think the prices are actually going down tbh mate, fbss used to be 10k now it's like 3k lmao. Plus there are so many cheap twink items that sell for dirt cheap that any new player can easily afford - Sword of Skyfire for example, monk weapons, rogue piercers, cheap war weps, etc etc.

Silvurwolf
10-30-2017, 06:43 PM
if you are a new player here you will be given free shit because there is literally so much to go around. look at the starting zone forums, help is not hard to come by. so i don't believe new players are pushed away because fungi's are 45k instead of 20 or 35 or whatever.

nobody will give you free fungi's etc... the price increase you speak of is for high end gear which is in more demand because there is a large % of players that are 50+. this is because of competition to purchase items of value.

you literally have to TRY to level up classic without free shit if thats what you want to do.

for your point about fat cats reselling to other fat cats, well at some point people will decide they are better off farming the item for themselves whether it be joining a guild or leveling a solo class.. in which case the resellers will take a loss and either be stuck holding a greedy investment or they will sell it and break even or at a loss.

negotiating is what makes trading in EQ so great, if you blindly accept a fat cats price then you are feeding into the problem. its each persons responsibility to check what an item is worth and if wiki prices are unreliable than as a community its important to ask friends and trusted players what a fair price is, and if it is a sound argument then advertise it publicly and negotiate assertively and fat cats must submit or be left holding bags.

the real problem would be if there are people with so much money that they pay over the top prices just because they are rolling in cash, which is a bigger problem than nerfing seafuries to stop inflation IMO

Lhancelot
10-30-2017, 06:55 PM
if you are a new player here you will be given free shit because there is literally so much to go around. look at the starting zone forums, help is not hard to come by. so i don't believe new players are pushed away because fungi's are 45k instead of 20 or 35 or whatever.

nobody will give you free fungi's etc... the price increase you speak of is for high end gear which is in more demand because there is a large % of players that are 50+. this is because of competition to purchase items of value.

you literally have to TRY to level up classic without free shit if thats what you want to do.

for your point about fat cats reselling to other fat cats, well at some point people will decide they are better off farming the item for themselves whether it be joining a guild or leveling a solo class.. in which case the resellers will take a loss and either be stuck holding a greedy investment or they will sell it and break even or at a loss.

negotiating is what makes trading in EQ so great, if you blindly accept a fat cats price then you are feeding into the problem. its each persons responsibility to check what an item is worth and if wiki prices are unreliable than as a community its important to ask friends and trusted players what a fair price is, and if it is a sound argument then advertise it publicly and negotiate assertively and fat cats must submit or be left holding bags.

the real problem would be if there are people with so much money that they pay over the top prices just because they are rolling in cash, which is a bigger problem than nerfing seafuries to stop inflation IMO

These are all great points, but thing is people are always lazy. They'd rather pay fatcat prices than farm an item themselves.

Sometimes it's a matter of simply not having the time to invest into raiding or guilding and getting stuff that's highly contested, like a fungi tunic.

How is a new-like player supposed to get a fungi tunic, if this item keeps going up? 3 weeks ago, fungi tunics were 40k. Suddenly now people are /aucing them for 50k+ or more.

indiscriminate_hater
10-30-2017, 07:21 PM
P99 prices are currently lower by far than they were at the equivalent timeline point on live. This is true for nearly every item in EC. Sorry, I just don’t buy the “but but it’s too hard for new players” argument. It’s never been easier to twink out a character than it is now. Yes, it still takes a lot of time to do it, but it always has.

People that complain about this aren’t being oppressed by this force of neck beards reselling items. They’re just whining. The reason why you can buy a haste item for the time cost of a few hours of hill giant farming is the fact that these same neckbeards have farmed so much of this shit on this server.

Are you sad that you don’t have a fungi tunic? Do you think you deserve this game changing item because it’s 2017 and you have a job? Too fucking bad. You knew what you were getting into when you rolled p99.

Also, Lhance, you post some good stuff, but a separate zone for resellers? Seriously?

Lhancelot
10-30-2017, 07:33 PM
Also, Lhance, you post some good stuff, but a separate zone for resellers? Seriously?

It's a slow day at the office man. I am just testing the air.

Silvurwolf
10-30-2017, 07:36 PM
These are all great points, but thing is people are always lazy. They'd rather pay fatcat prices than farm an item themselves.

Sometimes it's a matter of simply not having the time to invest into raiding or guilding and getting stuff that's highly contested, like a fungi tunic.

How is a new-like player supposed to get a fungi tunic, if this item keeps going up? 3 weeks ago, fungi tunics were 40k. Suddenly now people are /aucing them for 50k+ or more.

very true and with that perspective i agree completely

i forgot to ask for an example but fungi is probably the perfect one, it will always have demand. more than any other item, and i almost immediately guess the fungi you saw for 40k is the same one being sold for 50k, but if its multiple people then all it takes is one to lowball for only 5k more than he paid to flip quick then boom price gets recognized.

but ultimately if people pay 50k to the fat cats its worth 50k, can't do anything about that except not pay 50k.

when i first leveled up i had around 50k or more saved up to get a fungi, i imagine thats what new players do too, save up for that shit they've always wanted.

aaezil
10-30-2017, 07:42 PM
prices are going down universally - OP way out of touch

Lhancelot
10-30-2017, 08:05 PM
prices are going down universally

That's not true some items are actually going up.

indiscriminate_hater
10-31-2017, 12:14 PM
It's a slow day at the office man. I am just testing the air.

Eh, didn't mean to stifle creativity. I think your slow day clashed with my stressful day.

In any case, the reality is that the market here is a big part of the game. And, outside of breaking the rules, new players won't immediately have access to valuable items. That's EQ, and I'd be hesitant to mess around with the core of what makes this game what it is.

Grizzler
10-31-2017, 12:24 PM
I just started playing again and have just spent some time purchasing some new items for some of my chars in EC. For the most part, the prices all seem fair based off of the prices I found on the wiki/auction trackers.

However I did get someone that wanted to sell a set of wis leg's for over 200Pp over the typical amount. I figured they were just going for a pay day on that particular item but I just told them no and moved on. Overall it seems prices are ok but I have noticed some things being priced a lot higher than what is seemingly normally paid.

Evia
10-31-2017, 02:59 PM

I remember when Fungi Tunics were 75-80k range.
Be stoked its 50k.

evan1612
10-31-2017, 03:21 PM
Staaaaahp with the ALS crap.

It seems like a fun idea even tho it's not for me.

branamil
10-31-2017, 04:06 PM
Prices in general will always go up. There almost no meaningful ways for plat to exit the economy permanently. Reagents, food, spells, are a tiny percentage of the raw plat that comes in due to gems and vendor sales. Recharging certain items are about the only significant plat sink.

Lojik
10-31-2017, 04:11 PM
Prices in general will always go up. There almost no meaningful ways for plat to exit the economy permanently. Reagents, food, spells, are a tiny percentage of the raw plat that comes in due to gems and vendor sales. Recharging certain items are about the only significant plat sink.

If you're saying plat can't exit the economy neither can items. It all depends on how people react to prices and behave accordingly: if it seems like prices are high people will farm items more, if they think prices are low they'll farm plat. Prices can still go up or down even if this server exists for 20 years.

loramin
10-31-2017, 04:12 PM
I get the idea of the guild, but to say you cant buy from people outside of the guild because its considered twinking... It's not considered twinking if you earned the money yourself. I keep seeing this guild pushed on all of these new toons to the server before those people realize what else is out there. That's going to make new players think it is harder than it actually is to get loot, and will make people leave.

ALS is just a single guild, and here in the forum at least I've never seen them "pushed on" anyone who hadn't already expressed a desire for a more classic economy. I highly doubt even a single person has left the server because they were somehow forced in to thinking that ALS was the only way to play on P99.

Also, if you're trying to play in a classic economy, by definition that means excluding all the sellers from the "broken" economy. The price of every item (not just fungis and CoFs) is impacted by the thousands of copies that have sold before in this server's very un-classic 8+ years of operation, and if ALS players took advantage of those (lower than classic) prices they wouldn't get to experience the classic economy they are trying to experience.

Lojik
10-31-2017, 04:15 PM
ALS is just a single guild, and here in the forum at least I've never seen them "pushed on" anyone who hadn't already expressed a desire for a more classic economy. I highly doubt even a single person has left the server because they were somehow forced in to thinking that ALS was the only way to play on P99.

Also, if you're trying to play in a classic economy, by definition that means excluding all the sellers from the "broken" economy. The price of every item (not just fungis and CoFs) is impacted by the thousands of copies that have sold before in this server's very un-classic 8+ years of operation, and if ALS players took advantage of those (lower than classic) prices they wouldn't get to experience the classic economy they are trying to experience.

They need a new name, people look at me funny at my office when I talk about how great ALS is.

applesauce25r624
10-31-2017, 05:01 PM
only chumps don't know how to make plat

uninstall, you minimum wage cucks

solleks
10-31-2017, 05:05 PM
ALS is about challenging your self. not about getting silver chitin wraps easier

dbouya
11-01-2017, 08:23 AM
Fun idea maybe, but the internal economy will be lacking a lot of decent items, for a long time. Since there are toons that are in that guild and are not twinking as their rules dictate, it will make it so that no one is going to be selling any high-end items (Fungi, CoF) because they need them for themselves. They will not be spending time sitting at these overcamped spawns waiting for multiple copies of a rare item, to try and sell them internally to people who won't have the money to pay for them, since they cant sell outside of their guild.

I get the idea of the guild, but to say you cant buy from people outside of the guild because its considered twinking... It's not considered twinking if you earned the money yourself. I keep seeing this guild pushed on all of these new toons to the server before those people realize what else is out there. That's going to make new players think it is harder than it actually is to get loot, and will make people leave.

I got Crystal Chitin Handwraps after a few days of farming on my level 30 toon. It took me maybe 10 minutes in EC to get my pair. Getting that same pair to a person new to the server, that can only buy loot from his guildies is going to take a LOT longer.

Go to the ALS website and read their rules, you've missed like 90% of the rules, and it's causing you to draw some bizarre conclusions. ALS rules are far more strict than you're implying here.

stront
11-01-2017, 08:36 AM

fadetree
11-01-2017, 09:12 AM
Fun idea maybe, but the internal economy will be lacking a lot of decent items, for a long time. Since there are toons that are in that guild and are not twinking as their rules dictate, it will make it so that no one is going to be selling any high-end items (Fungi, CoF) because they need them for themselves. They will not be spending time sitting at these overcamped spawns waiting for multiple copies of a rare item, to try and sell them internally to people who won't have the money to pay for them, since they cant sell outside of their guild.

YOU may not consider it twinking, but that doesn't matter. You say you 'get the idea of the guild' but I don't think you do.

NachtMystium
11-01-2017, 10:44 AM
Newsflash: I can advertise a backpack for 5k in /auction and there's nothing you can do about it.

Shits classic baby

Troxx
11-02-2017, 04:32 AM
Having been here for several years I can verify prices are coming down for most goods. Fungi fluctuates all the time but it has steadily dropped over the years.

Some items have gone up, but that has more to do with changes in both supply and demand. Using 2 monk weapons as examples:

TStaff demand has gone up, relative supply is the same. Price went up.
Stave of Shielding demand the same, new supply tanked after aoe nerf. Was 1.5k now closer to 5k.

Other examples:
-velious armor gems now much cheaper
-torpor was 120k+ now under 100k
-emissary of Thule was 15-20k now 7-9k
-FBSS was 7-10k now 3-4K
-SCHW was well over 5-6k, now 1.5-2k

List goes on and on.

Certain items like CoF and Fungi will always hold value and stay pricey

Rare items that no longer drop will always be ridiculously expensive.

It’s not a fat cat thing, it’s just p99 economics.

fadetree
11-02-2017, 09:43 AM
Earning money yourself and buying a piece of gear on the toon you earned the money on, is not twinking.

Earning money on a level 60 toon and buying gear for a level 1 toon, is twinking.

But you can try to spin it however you want.

Lol who made you the authority on what twinking means? Other people have different definitions. What makes yours the only correct choice?

Priceline
11-02-2017, 09:53 AM

how dare you suggest such a thing, this is Swish's padawan learner show some respect.

Troxx
11-02-2017, 10:01 AM
Earning money yourself and buying a piece of gear on the toon you earned the money on, is not twinking.

Earning money on a level 60 toon and buying gear for a level 1 toon, is twinking.

Yes but your plat goes a lot farther with the modern economy than the microcosm ALS is trying to re-create. They're trying to have a more classic run through the game on a server which is bloated with low to medium end gear that is dirt cheap.

port9001
11-02-2017, 10:41 AM

I daresay you're being unnecessarily defensive about this.

For the record most people in Auld do not consider buying things with money you earned on that character "twinking". It does however, trivialize the game in two ways:

1) you'll be wearing items that drop from higher level areas that your character could not have obtained on their own, thus you'll be more powerful than you ought to be for a given level

2) you'll never have an opportunity to loot your own gear from mobs you kill because you'll certainly already be wearing better stuff bought from the market

Members of Auld enjoy the challenge of gearing up in a classic way, before the market for good items became so saturated that they were practically given away.

aaezil
11-02-2017, 12:17 PM
EQ isnt trivialized because you can buy a decent (bad) wep in ec for 100 plat.

EQ is trivialized because of the wiki and sites like ZAM

That kind of info just wasn't readily available when this game came out. Manual was mostly wrong and not much help, and websites about eq were mostly bad maps that you had to print out.

This game is completely figured out now, we have all the info, we know all the best strats, you aren't going to recreate that time of not knowing a freaking thing and loving the adventure of the game unless you erase your memory and never look stuff up online.

evan1612
11-02-2017, 12:31 PM
EQ isnt trivialized because you can buy a decent (bad) wep in ec for 100 plat.

EQ is trivialized because of the wiki and sites like ZAM

That kind of info just wasn't readily available when this game came out. Manual was mostly wrong and not much help, and websites about eq were mostly bad maps that you had to print out.

This game is completely figured out now, we have all the info, we know all the best strats, you aren't going to recreate that time of not knowing a freaking thing and loving the adventure of the game unless you erase your memory and never look stuff up online.

Somewhat true, however word of mouth from guildies/friends, online discussion forums, and of course Allakhazam were all used.

IMO the only thing thats changed is people have figured out perfect min/max numbers and how to do things at 110% efficiency.

Ella`Ella
11-02-2017, 01:37 PM
LOL at EC fat cats thinking that reselling is the way to make money.

Start a raid guild, bank high end loots, merge guild, sell off legacy bank, profit.

Troxx
11-02-2017, 01:59 PM

Start a raid guild, bank high end loots, merge guild, sell off legacy bank, profit.

Truth.

Lhancelot
11-02-2017, 02:05 PM

That's ethically wrong. Reselling is the art of angels.

skarlorn
11-02-2017, 02:16 PM

god damn Unbrella dropping #truth on this thread like it aint no thing

he could be charging $1k for seats to attend his webinar on How to Make Millions of Plat Without Spending 200 hours Flipping in EC, or Struggling at King Camp

skarlorn
11-02-2017, 03:48 PM
ALS has a sliding level req on certain items, I do declare.

God bless Rainik and Valeria and all who have guided that very special guild to its success

(my own assassination of the former evil mayor included)

skarlorn
11-02-2017, 03:48 PM
Just to note, items are NOT going up in price on p99.

dbouya
11-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Level 40 toon in ALS sells an item from a level 40 mob to a level 20 ALS toon. Is that twinking? or is that ok, because it's from the internal economy?

ALS rules forbid this. That doesn't really have much to do with the word "twinking" but I mean.... just go read the rules man. Instead of posting lots of angry replies.

http://auldlangsyne.gamerlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11342575&gid=529720

Also, yeah, in 2001 allakazam was already a popular website. Thing is though that when velious first dropped of course allakazam was very detailed on all of classic+kunark-vp. It wasn't quite as fully filled out as today. Furthermore everquest dominated a computer's resources, WINEQ was either not popular or didn't exist. Some people would have two computers not only so they could "box" but so they could read allakazam or chat programs. Back in 2001 we had an officer in our guild nicknamed hischaractersname-alizer because he had memorized most of allakazam (from the prior expansion). But yeah when velious first came out, and also when kunark first came out guilds would wipe a dozen times due to lack of information. A year after those expansions came out though, doing kunark in 2001 or velious in 2002 players had just as good of a wiki as we do today, basically.

Squabbles123
11-03-2017, 01:21 PM
Low end twinky items are cheap.

High end items are more expensive.

Luckily I don't care about any high end items (because they are over camped and too expensive), so I only get the benefit of free/cheap items for new characters I create.

I have the most fun from 1-40 anyway.

Champion_Standing
11-03-2017, 01:31 PM
Ec (((fat cats))) always causing trouble. I hear ya OP ;-)

Rivera
11-03-2017, 05:42 PM
Prices are going down.

Fungi, Tstaff have been artificially raised because sellers know twinks will pay it because twinks dgaf.

Beads were all bought up by 1 fat cat at 145k, and are now being sold at 180 on several different toons of his.

Everything else though? They've gone down.

schnickusaurus
11-04-2017, 03:14 AM
I still got 7x elder beads bought around 30k each ready to be sold once price hits 300k+! :)

On a side note: you would get reselling balance if p1999 staff added a EC trade log forum logging the actual trade price next to the original auction price. It would call the bluff and benefit the buy side / new players.

schnickusaurus
11-04-2017, 03:23 AM
Fungi is 50k. Forget about 45k. Headed for 75k

Lhancelot
11-04-2017, 10:54 AM

Why is this? Did fungi tunics stop dropping?

Triiz
11-04-2017, 11:45 AM

Fucking lol. Didn't you say Manastone price was going to crash and now people asking like 300k+ for them?

Lhancelot
11-04-2017, 12:35 PM
Fucking lol. Didn't you say Manastone price was going to crash and now people asking like 300k+ for them?

I don't have a manastone, and never followed their worth closely tbh. doubt I said anything about price crashes on an item I don't even have. If I ever said anything regarding manastones it was 100% trolling. Pretty sure I didn't though, but, could be wrong sometimes my troll spirit writes things from my finger tips unbenownst to me!

***Answer the question, are fungi tunics not dropping? Why are they rising in price?

Kiwix
11-04-2017, 01:06 PM
So Schnickusaurus = Lhancelot? 8]

Cecily
11-04-2017, 01:14 PM
Confirmed

Lhancelot
11-04-2017, 01:38 PM
Confirmed

Sadly there's people dumb enough to believe this. :D

Triiz
11-04-2017, 03:04 PM

lol I had to double check I thought maybe I quoted Lhance instead of Schnick on accident but nope.

skarlorn
11-04-2017, 03:24 PM

smart catch!

schnickusaurus
11-04-2017, 06:25 PM
why would the most OP item in game ie Fungi rise over time? Its classic. I also believe in increased demand. Long story why its so but you'll see. Supply will remain same, if not lower with the chardok rewamp. Supply might fall sharply after new server is out but thats very long term. The upside to Fungi long term is huge and it will pass CoF eventually i am betting.

Manastone is 250k not 300k and yeah they are heading to 150-210k as soon as the timeline here is done (we still need chardok rewamp). Thats also when beads will be passing Manastone in value due to its superior demand long term on a server like this ^^

Triiz
11-04-2017, 07:11 PM
Manastone is 250k not 300k and yeah they are heading to 150-210k as soon as the timeline here is done (we still need chardok rewamp). Thats also when beads will be passing Manastone in value due to its superior demand long term on a server like this ^^

Here's (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283805&highlight=manastone) someone offering 300k for a Manastone this week. Search "manastone" and there's 12 WTB threads on the first page from the last month, 0 WTS threads.

Lhancelot
11-04-2017, 07:28 PM
smart catch!

https://i.imgur.com/r60r6S6.gif

delusion
11-04-2017, 09:33 PM
I have found most players to be quite accommodating to a newer player with limited means. As far as the prices, I'f you think it is too much, don't buy it! They're obviously selling at those prices cause people are paying it.

schnickusaurus
11-05-2017, 04:49 AM
Here's (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283805&highlight=manastone) someone offering 300k for a Manastone this week. Search "manastone" and there's 12 WTB threads on the first page from the last month, 0 WTS threads.

Yes i agree the price been boosted. But there is a good reason to that.
You got a major problem however with the Manastone , resellers will abandon that item soon, as long as the timeline soon is finished. I am one who nolonger want to resell this item anyway. Half of the current wtb:ers are resellers. Another 25% fake wtb:ers looking to actually sell high. :) the stone will crash hard eventually, noone is actually using it needing it much you see, the demand side long term is no way near beads. This picture will clear in time , we just need to wait. Resellers along with a small supply is holding the item high at the moment. But you have to ask yourself: how important is this item for the server lot? And how will the future server environment look like.

We will see, but when beads passes manastone i will make a self-quote on this post and feel alittle better ^^

Lhancelot
11-05-2017, 09:39 AM
Yes i agree the price been boosted. But there is a good reason to that.
You got a major problem however with the Manastone , resellers will abandon that item soon, as long as the timeline soon is finished. I am one who nolonger want to resell this item anyway. Half of the current wtb:ers are resellers. Another 25% fake wtb:ers looking to actually sell high. :) the stone will crash hard eventually, noone is actually using it needing it much you see, the demand side long term is no way near beads. This picture will clear in time , we just need to wait. Resellers along with a small supply is holding the item high at the moment. But you have to ask yourself: how important is this item for the server lot? And how will the future server environment look like.

We will see, but when beads passes manastone i will make a self-quote on this post and feel alittle better ^^

This makes me wish Pantheon would hurry up. ^

Skew
11-05-2017, 09:46 AM
WTB Manastone 325k

Lhancelot
11-05-2017, 03:07 PM
You love EC and reselling though? Get off the fence.

Swishypoo, I never mentioned anything about EC and reselling being bad. What are you talking about, mate? :confused:

Troxx
11-06-2017, 07:41 AM
***Answer the question, are fungi tunics not dropping? Why are they rising in price?

Climate vs weather? If the planet is heating up (climate change) why is it so cold this day/week/month (weather)???

Don’t confuse small short term fluctuations in price with global price movement over time. Fungi used to consistently sell north of 65-70k (and even higher at times). The fact that you could and still can scoop one up for 40s would have been unthinkable at one point. Small temporary bumps to 50-55k range mean nothing. It and many other items have been steadily dropping with time.

Most items follow this trend. Others like CoF will hold their value to the bitter end. 36% worn haste is just too sweet to not be hugely valuable.

There are some exceptions where changes to the game (patches) change the market dynamic. This could be a patch removing future drops (CoS, mana stone, fungi sticks), a patch that changes content mechanics (fear golems, chardok aoe mechanic nerf), or a change in actual game mechanics (pending 2h dmg bonus + triple attack for monks, sneak pull nerf, etc).

Mead
11-06-2017, 08:00 AM
why would the most OP item in game ie Fungi rise over time? Its classic. I also believe in increased demand. Long story why its so but you'll see. Supply will remain same, if not lower with the chardok rewamp. Supply might fall sharply after new server is out but thats very long term. The upside to Fungi long term is huge and it will pass CoF eventually i am betting.

I agree with Lhance. This doesn't make any sense. It's not going to pass CoF in price either. Fungi tunics never stop dropping, and are easily and consistently farmed on a daily basis. Your theory is simply bad. Although, I don't think it's a theory at all. It's quite obvious you attempt to manipulate the market. And if it is genuinely the way you feel, I will chalk it up to drugs.

Troxx
11-06-2017, 09:15 AM
I’d wager hell will freeze over before Fungi costs more than CoF. One drops from groupable content — potentially multiple times in a few hours of farming. The other drops much less commonly from content that is both harder and more scarce. New 30%+ haste items hitting the market may bring price down, but I see CoF always hovering 65-75k and staying well above the price point for Fungi.

In a vacuum, Fungi is undeniably more powerful than CoF, but there’s a ton of them out there and they are frankly farmable in ways that CoF is not.

schnickusaurus
11-08-2017, 07:50 AM
I agree with Lhance. This doesn't make any sense. It's not going to pass CoF in price either. Fungi tunics never stop dropping, and are easily and consistently farmed on a daily basis. Your theory is simply bad. Although, I don't think it's a theory at all. It's quite obvious you attempt to manipulate the market. And if it is genuinely the way you feel, I will chalk it up to drugs.

You disagree, just like the lot would disagree when i argued Fungi was gonna hit 40k when it was selling 60k

In the end, im there to confirm : 'what did i say?'

Let me rephrase my future scenario:
No its not easy to farm Fungi because all gear is with AAs
What is the nr 1 item you want to have on ALL your melee characters when the server has crashed and its almost impossible to do a transfer?
F U N G I

^^

Mead
11-08-2017, 09:41 AM
You disagree, just like the lot would disagree when i argued Fungi was gonna hit 40k when it was selling 60k

In the end, im there to confirm : 'what did i say?'

Let me rephrase my future scenario:
No its not easy to farm Fungi because all gear is with AAs
What is the nr 1 item you want to have on ALL your melee characters when the server has crashed and its almost impossible to do a transfer?
F U N G I

^^

Just as I suspected

Sonorod
11-08-2017, 04:27 PM
I find vacuum economies like this one fascinating but they always reduce to the same thing: something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Don't ever buy something if you feel it's overpriced. The sellers and buyers that negotiate make happier deals that lead to more repeat business and a greater interest to sell.