PDA

View Full Version : Confusion regarding Neriak factions

commongood
11-01-2017, 05:28 AM
So I set out trying to become non-kos with NPCs inside Neriak as a barbarian shaman.

I just started and found this quest https://wiki.project1999.com/Bottle_of_Red_Wine.

I bought 16 stacks of red wine and found out that with bear form and faction necklace I was unkos to Lokar (dubious or apprehensive, I don't remember). I started handing in one bottle at a time and got positive faction with:

Dark Bargainers
Dreadguard inner
Dreadguard outer

I quickly ascended the faction ladder with Lokar and by the end I was ally with him. So I'm guessing he is on 'Dark Bargainers' faction. However, I went and found a guard and conned him and I was still threateningly. I clicked the neck and was now dubiously but then another guard in a different spot in the zone was threateningly to me...

So I am a little confused. Are the dreadguard factions the guards? And do the inner/outer have any clear defintions? I thought it would have been outside neriak in nek forest for outer and then inside the city for inner... are there other guard factions than these?

Teppler
11-01-2017, 05:53 AM
There's more factions in Neriak like the Clerics and The Dead which is necro/sk and Indigo Brotherhood which is the Warriors. Probably some guards allied to those.

Triiz
11-01-2017, 07:37 AM
There's at least 3 different guard factions, maybe more, I think. Even if you are non-kos to all the different guard factions, you will still be kos with some of the guilds.

Some of the guilds have no options to boost your faction with them, the necro/sk guild in particular. It's probably the most complicated city in the game faction wise.

Senn
11-01-2017, 08:06 AM
Paging Aalderon...

AkashicRecord
11-01-2017, 08:48 AM
I used to do this one on Live with a Wood Elf ranger. It always freaked people out seeing one running carelessly around *most* of Neriak.

Once you do the quest enough times, you'll still be KOS to the caster guild and the clerics, the SKs, and all of that stuff...so steer clear. Most of the guards will be OK, but those will be the ones patrolling the common areas in Neriak Commons and the Foreign Quarter, etc. You'll probably have to do the quest a lot more to bring the guard factions up, but you can get it to ally level with them. It took a LONG time for me to do it.

Sorn
11-01-2017, 12:42 PM
I quickly ascended the faction ladder with Lokar and by the end I was ally with him. So I'm guessing he is on 'Dark Bargainers' faction. However, I went and found a guard and conned him and I was still threateningly. I clicked the neck and was now dubiously but then another guard in a different spot in the zone was threateningly to me...

The guards in Third Gate are on different guild factions, I believe. You need to go out to Commons or Foreign Quarter and Nektulos Forest to see how you con to those guards.

Faction in Neriak is a tangled web of deceit and evil deeds. Be very careful where you wander...

Bummey
11-01-2017, 03:16 PM
The guards in Third Gate are on different guild factions, I believe. You need to go out to Commons or Foreign Quarter and Nektulos Forest to see how you con to those guards.

Yes and no. I've done this on many characters. You can use the guards immediately outside the wine NPC to check your faction, it's just the merchant faction hit is huge (max ally after like two stacks) while the guard faction hit is very small (1?), and it takes many, many more stacks of wine to raise the guards out of non-kos.

Around the cleric guild are cleric-faction guards (wielding a staff and shield) that will be kos even after becoming max ally with dreadguard inner and outer.

Aalderon Crystafire
11-01-2017, 04:40 PM
Neriak

Dreadguard Outer = Guards in Nektulos Forest AND in the Foreign Quarter

Dreadguard Inner = Guards in Neriak Commons and 3rd Gate (First ones you will see are by the portcullis not far from the Library)

The Dead = Shadowknight and Necromancer Guild:

Foreign Quarter - X'Ta Tompi and her sisters above the first gate can be conned to assess your faction as soon as you walk into Neriak. Otherwise there are some trolls in the Arena and one dark elf in the right room of the first gatehouse.

Neriak Commons - Olavn N`Mar is a wizard who is actually a spy for The Dead that guards the entrance to The Spurned guildhall. Razran F'Lok is a PATHING level 40 wizard on The Dead who will walk from the Spurned battlements down through the alley towards the entrance to the 3rd Gate. If you're KOS and you want to bank you'll want to use the OTHER entrance to Neriak Down Under that is directly above the bank.

3rd Gate -- All of the Lodge of The Dead and Kszan Punox, a Shadowknight who paths from the portcullis before the area with the library/shops/inns to the entrance to Temple of Hate to spy on the Priests of Innoruuk.

Indigo Brotherhood = Warrior's guild - they don't leave their guildhall in Neriak Commons.

Priests of Innoruuk = Cleric's guild - in the first gatehouse in the Foreign Quarter through the left door is cleric on this faction... otherwise you will find them patrolling the first area of the 3rd Gate and inside their temple.

The Spurned = Caster's guild - they all remain inside their guildhall in Neriak Commons.

Dark Bargainers = Merchants/Bankers throughout

Neriak Ogre = non-merchant ogres in Foreign Quarter, possibly the ogre stripper in Maiden's fancy as well.

Neriak Troll = also Foreign Quarter only two trolls on this faction ... the rest are on The Dead.

Hall of the Ebon Mask = Rogue's guild in the 3rd Gate - one can also be found in the Maiden's Fancy and eventually one of the NPCs in the main room of Lodge of the Dead. Right now it's on The Dead but eventually it will be fixed throwing a wrench in anyone's plans who raised The Dead to use the necro guild but is still KOS to the rogues.

Queen Cristanos Thex = No one is on this faction

King Naythox Thex = Only Dragoon Szorn in Lesser Faydark is on this faction.

It's the easiest city to break into because of Red Wine (+5 for Bargainers, but only +1 for Dreadguards) but the hardest to complete because there is some infighting between factions and raising all of the guilds hurts nearly every other good city in Norrath. That being said, it is possible to raise all of these - I am max Ally to them all. Only Neriak Troll and Ghouls of Neriak cannot be raised but when these factions are fixed everyone starts at 0 Indifferent to Neriak Ogre/Troll anyway)

Legidias
11-01-2017, 04:56 PM
the ogre stripper in Maiden's fancy

The only faction that matters

Aalderon Crystafire
11-01-2017, 05:05 PM
The only faction that matters

She should be on Hall of the Ebon Mask as well (rogues) .... actually a spy for them. I'm not sure if she is on P99 though.