PDA

View Full Version : Being Evil in Faydwer

Estu
02-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Faydwer is my favorite continent. For a while now, I've been considering heading over there to kill gnome and dwarf guards, but I was worried that I'd have no place to sell or bank as an ogre. As it turns out, it's quite manageable if you have invis.

At the druid rings in Steamfont is a merchant who is neutral to everyone. To bank, invis up, go into Ak'anon, and go into the back of the bank. There's a little staircase and a door to a tiny room with no one in it where you can un-invis. Then, from that room, you can bank without aggroing the clockwork guard in the bank room. I'm dubious to Ak'anon merchants and the banker still deals with me. Once you're done banking, invis back up and run out, or gate out.

Just a heads up for any evil characters interested in spending an extended amount of time in Faydwer.

Messianic
02-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Good info, thanks.

Also, for anyone else who has trouble banking but has access to merchants, there are certain items which are very close to the same price when bought and sold - bronze weapons are a case in point. Buy from the merchant, sell back, etc.

Unfun
02-28-2011, 07:45 PM
I bank in Kaladim as a DE necro all the time. Same Invis strategy, just watch out for the guard that paths around the bank. Your fine if you stay near the banker. Good to hear I can bank in Ak'anon too :D

Curmudgen
02-28-2011, 09:54 PM
As a former monk on live I found that the buy back rate for peridots is pretty darn close to sell rate. Makes it easier to carry vast sums.

Klyre
02-28-2011, 11:00 PM
I agree with the peridots. Although almost any gem holds its value. I always keep gems in my packs for this purpose as well as being not to cumbersome. This allows you to make any merchant a change converter.