PDA

View Full Version : Server-wide PoG Nov. 5th Cancelled

Hyjalx
11-05-2017, 04:17 AM
Lord BoB PUG will be cancelling PoG for Sunday @ 11am EST. Since the suspension of A/A, most guilds have been raiding nonstop over the weekend doing content they may have never had a chance to do.

We will resume PUG raiding once the A/A suspension is over. See you guys in a week or so!

-Hyjal

spoof2424
11-05-2017, 08:38 AM
In other news, Speedi to host 2018 X-Mas giveaway 12/15 mark ur chalk brddz

Baler
11-05-2017, 03:16 PM
We will resume PUG raiding once the A/A suspension is over.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOL
omg omg hang on..
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Is raid politics really that douchey? Everyone who doesn't get to raid has to suffer because those aa people broke the raid rules.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Tunare_(God)
900k HP + a slew of other badassness

a pick up group can't kill tunare. So from someone on the outside looking in. It sounds like A/A is paying OP or OP is on the payroll for A/A so they can snipe tunare while the peasants are killing the trash mobs.

Welcome to P99 raid scene kids. And just one more reason I don't raid.

Naethyn
11-05-2017, 03:46 PM
Really looking forward to this.

ps. Baler, no one is killing Tunare right now, and the characters needed to do it are going to this event.

Baler
11-05-2017, 03:58 PM
ps. Baler, no one is killing Tunare right now, and the characters needed to do it are going to this event.

Obviously no one is killing tunare NOW. They're delaying this open raid so they can feed it to their A/A friends. It's glaringly obvious.

My post wasn't about Tunare specifically. It's about the open raid and why it's being delayed. I only mentioned tunare to give the reason they're delaying it.

---
And given you're AM it sounds like you're trying to play damage control to save face.

Let the people have PoG pixels I say!

Lhancelot
11-05-2017, 04:27 PM
Let the people have PoG pixels I say!
Feel free to organize a POG raid, since you feel the people should have said pixels.

Byel
11-05-2017, 04:29 PM
Lord BoB PUG will be cancelling PoG for Sunday @ 11am EST. Since the suspension of A/A, most guilds have been raiding nonstop over the weekend doing content they may have never had a chance to do.

We will resume PUG raiding once the A/A suspension is over. See you guys in a week or so!

-Hyjal

Aka everyone who would fill his pug is busy

Sonderbeast
11-05-2017, 04:34 PM
[spoiler]
So from someone on the outside looking in. It sounds like A/A is paying OP or OP is on the payroll for A/A so they can snipe tunare while the peasants are killing the trash mobs.

Tinfoil crinkling intensifies.

Tupakk
11-05-2017, 05:00 PM
Really looking forward to this.

We were too. We spent a good month preparing for this. Shit happens but don't worry we will shoot for this in a few weeks.

@Baler we chose not to do it because everyone is so hungry for the rest of the pixels AA dominates that we didn't feel we would get the numbers.

Tunare was only on the docket if we could get the numbers for a successful clear and even then it would be a hard attempt to do it. The planning and execution that it takes to throw a PuG raid isn't a simple feat and in no way does it mean we set it up to feed any one guild. We do it for the people of the lesser guilds. Do we welcome AA fuck yeah. The dps/knowledge/help they bring is invaluable to something like this.

So take that foot out ya mouth and pull the tin foil off ya head.

For the people by the people. Nothing more nothing less.

Baler
11-05-2017, 05:04 PM
Again my post wasn't about tunare. it was about the open raid. Learn to read people.

Not everyone is in a raid guild and these open raids are the only way they get to experience any of that content. How am I not led to believe that A/A isn't screwing over these people by delaying the open raid just so they get a shot at pixels.

NO tinfoil folks. (I expected all the A/A posters to come out and attack me)

Tupakk
11-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Again my post wasn't about tunare. it was about the open raid. Learn to read people.

Not everyone is in a raid guild and these open raids are the only way they get to experience any of that content. How am I not led to believe that A/A isn't screwing over these people by delaying the open raid just so they get a shot at pixels.

NO tinfoil folks. (I expected all the A/A posters to come out and attack me)

You are right not everyone is. But the people that are that isn't AA are raiding content that is available now. So the people that are left over are casuals. No offense to those people but that's not that many people.

The other issue is if we clear POG and a guild big enough sees that they come in snipe Tunare and or names and fuck shit up. We want people to get the full experience with no hassle.

AA isn't delaying anything.

Go back to RNF and leave the gameplay to the people that want to play and enjoy it. Kthx

Baler
11-05-2017, 05:46 PM
Everyone who doesn't get to raid has to suffer because those aa people broke the raid rules.

thanks for agreeing with me tupakk

Was the second thing I said, but please by all means continue to divert the issue and call me names in the process. So far this has been a civil discussion in my eyes.
Even if everyone isn't on the same side of the topic.

I'd also like to state for the record I love that there are people willing to host these open raids. Without them us no-bodies wouldn't even get a taste. I have no hard feelings towards the host guild. My complaint is with aa.

It's no secret the raid scene on p99 blue is rather hostile. So as I butchered saying before. I find it difficult to believe this wasn't a strategic raid play by aa's hand.

---
But hey in about a week this will blow over and aa will have people thanking them. lol :rolleyes:

Skew
11-05-2017, 05:46 PM
Free John Corzine.

Mead
11-05-2017, 06:20 PM
cringing real hard at baler right now

all he said was he is cancelling pog because guilds are busy getting mobs they don't normally get

go the fuck outside

Baler
11-05-2017, 06:21 PM
all he said was he is cancelling pog because guilds are busy getting mobs they don't normally get

Than why is it delayed all the way until aa is un-raid banned. Nice try though.
Raid targets won't all be up, all day for the next ~9 days.

Tupakk
11-05-2017, 06:35 PM
go the fuck outside

Please Baler.

Mead
11-05-2017, 06:38 PM
Than why is it delayed all the way until aa is un-raid banned. Nice try though.
Raid targets won't all be up, all day for the next ~9 days.

you're losing it man

sereal
11-05-2017, 08:37 PM
Not everyone is in a raid guild and these open raids are the only way they get to experience any of that content.

It's not hard to get into a guild that is raiding. https://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18 there are plenty that aren't socking guilds who also raid.

No ones stopping anyone from starting their own open raid and asking one of the big guilds nicely for help/to give the openraid a few chances either.

I just don't get the issue here.

indiscriminate_hater
11-05-2017, 09:08 PM
I’m with you Baler but we really need a conspiracy board to bring this one home

Byel
11-05-2017, 09:17 PM
"Open raid"

Pokesan
11-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Baler is right you dimwits

im excited to clear pog for aftermath thx for hosting hyjal!

e: 10/23 https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283548
- 10/24 https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2601071 - Hyjal's POG thread

now cancelled

FOLLOW THE MONEY

LiQuid
11-05-2017, 09:52 PM
I'm pretty sure there are no raid mobs even up right now. What is everyone raiding that they can't make a PUG PoG raid tonight? I don't get it.

Rivera
11-05-2017, 09:57 PM
Go back to RNF and leave the gameplay to the people that want to play and enjoy it. Kthx You ever figure out the grand mystery of the rivervale npc?

;)

Greenie
11-05-2017, 10:37 PM
Thanks for giving a heads up.
and I want to say thanks for even doing these pug raids in the first place, it's how I got some much needed armor for my shaman long ago, glad you're still doing them!

Pan
11-05-2017, 10:56 PM
Props to Hyjal for organizing this.

And I'm pretty sure the AAs will leave Tunare alone for an open raid to take a swing at her.

It's a pretty long raid and requires a lot of bodies. And, like Hyjal said, a lot of the potential bodies were otherwise occupied this weekend.

The spawn cycle falling on a weekend didn't help matters at all. I'm pretty sure it would have flown had the weekly spawns been midweek.

Lhancelot
11-05-2017, 11:05 PM
cringing real hard at baler right now

go the fuck outside

Mead. The people's voice.

aaezil
11-05-2017, 11:48 PM
I'm pretty sure there are no raid mobs even up right now. What is everyone raiding that they can't make a PUG PoG raid tonight? I don't get it.

Everything in ToV, everything in VP, etc, etc

Byel
11-06-2017, 12:10 AM
I'm confident the people trolling this thread aren't playing the game. I've been /whoing guilds last 2 days and some folks have been very very busy

Tupakk
11-06-2017, 12:19 AM

We wanted to start early this morning to try to clear towards Tunare. Tov was still up and all of BG was sleeping like babies, CSG was attempting Ntov since 8am , everyone else was going after left over stuff = no bodies.

You want to setup POG at 9pm PST you go ahead you will get a handful of people. Attempt to break in and die then CR for an hour. Best raid ever not...

dbouya
11-06-2017, 09:58 PM
What baler is saying literally makes no sense. AT ALL. A/A miss out on top tier raid targets (which is the only thing in this game they would ever be upset by, which is why it's specifically a punishment for them). Those targets all spawn. All the other raiding guilds devote all their time to capitalizing on this. No one is left over to sponsor any pickup raids. The pickup raid only ever planned to clear the trash parts of PoG. A/A have no interest in those targets at all. Even if there was a window where nothing was happening, specifically, the guys who were planning to make the PoG pickup raid work will be burnt out on EQ from dozens of extra hours raiding at other times of day that week.

None of these facts fit with your narrative, in anyway! You're just saying unrelated things and then claiming your point is valid because of it.

Sonderbeast
11-07-2017, 12:01 AM
What baler is saying literally makes no sense.

But that makes it funny.

Lhancelot
11-07-2017, 12:36 AM
Baler.. None of these facts fit with your narrative, in anyway! You're just saying unrelated things and then claiming your point is valid because of it.

thats called pulling a baler. ^