PDA

View Full Version : To The Founders and Community of Project 1999

Survival
02-10-2010, 01:20 PM
I've spent the last several years of my life trying to find another game that engrossed me like eq1 did back in 2001 when i started before luclin. no game has ever touched that "feeling" like the original eq and for awhile now hope was lost. I would just spend my time trying countless free mmo's and most of the new p2p ones but none of them held my interest long and that feeling of immersion just wasnt there.

Not even on the free emu servers, it just never felt like eq. Then one day a friend of mine told me about project 1999 and of course i was skeptical i figured it would just be the same ol same ol like the other emu servers. but it wasnt. For some reason it just wasnt. It was instant nostalgia from the content to the community. I spent hrs at lvl 3 and many horrible corpse runs but loved every minute of it.

After playing all those dumbed down games over the years I am reminded of what really made this game shine and that was that you really had to be careful or the consequences could be dire. It taught ppl how to play the game really well or suffer for it. that feeling has been recreated and i sincerely thank each and every one of you for it the founders and the community.

Xathul
15 mage
<Gothic Circle>

Machail
02-10-2010, 01:36 PM
I, too, kind of went in a little skeptical. Not that I didn't believe the project would have been well done, but moreso that I thought the novelty of playing it again would probably wear off after a couple of days at most.

Hasn't been the case. Still itching to log on every night :)

Malrubius
02-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Same situation here - wasn't sure it could be done. I am enjoying the return to classic even more than I thought I would. Big thanks to the team.

Tovok
02-10-2010, 08:47 PM
/agree

This game rocks. I have a few minor quibbles (wish that there was a classic name policy; wish some fixes to pets making them come max level and zone with you were in), but overall this server is worth its weight in gold. Which reminds me, time again for my monthly $9.89...

Aeolwind
02-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Glad you enjoy it!

Survival
02-10-2010, 11:59 PM
aye i got laid off recently but soon as my work starts again i will definately be making a monthly donation to keep this server going.

Kaylen
02-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Its funny how, and all my friends have agreed after just about a week of joining this server, EQ, being as dated as it is, is still a more captivating MMO than anything else out on the market.

We too have been searching to find that high risk vs reward game with a focus on community and grouping with others since we left EQ. But sadly the MMO genre has been watered down and stupefied for the masses since EQ. Perhaps there will never be another game with that kind of mind-set, if so, then might as well return to the original source because we know for a fact how well it worked out.

guineapig
02-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Not going to repeat what's already been said... basically I agree with all the previous posts.

Trimm
02-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Wow, 525 people online. Whats the record?

excalis
02-12-2010, 03:47 PM
I am so glad that I found this project and was happy to jump on the bandwagon. I had been waiting for another EQ classic project that seems to have run into different issues and this has solved my hunt for the EQ classic urge I have.

My only fear is that things such as the Luclin models will be implemented, I found this project because I was searching for the classic three expansions, If I wanted Luclin or the content after I would search for that or just play the Sony live servers.

I hope that is stays as it was meant to be as I never had a chance to explore the original three expansions and maybe can get a chance to do so this time around. Even if I do not get that chance I will at least experience what I have missed all these years.

If things do begin to change then I guess all I can do is move forward and find what I need again, for now though, awesome work to all that made this possible, I hope to begin donating money soon after my trial run to help keep this alive.

Thanks!

L2Phantom
02-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Great server, but please fix any dupes if they exist. I keep hearing people say they duped early on in the server, and I don't want the server to be ruined by some script kiddies.

Ghesta
02-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Just remember....
Front page, right hand side, donate button.
:)

Just sayin.

Finawin
02-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Great server, but please fix any dupes if they exist. I keep hearing people say they duped early on in the server, and I don't want the server to be ruined by some script kiddies.

Blatant lies and bullshit.

L2Phantom
02-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Blatant lies and bullshit.

I really hope so. I don't know why people would spread those rumors unless they don't want the server to be more successful.