PDA

View Full Version : OT hammer

loneless999
02-28-2011, 07:52 PM
i was thinking about kunark and remembered the overthere gate proc hammer

was there also a virsion for FV ? i dont remember and how did good toons go about getting faction with the OT outpost

Lagaidh
02-28-2011, 08:06 PM
i was thinking about kunark and remembered the overthere gate proc hammer

was there also a virsion for FV ? i dont remember and how did good toons go about getting faction with the OT outpost

I had this as a DWF PAL, what you had to do was get an ench to charm the quest giver. You could hand him things then and you handed him the quest items and he would give you the hammer. He was very hard to charm as I recall though. That is how I did it.

I was never aware of anything that would port you to FV.

It was always funny in live. I'd use that hammer to get out of planes, etc. Duel a guildie at the end of the raid and proc to OT. Of course, you pop onto a boat full of undead. That's not too good for a pally <L60 if I recall.

Later on, you could just pop Holy Steed after zoning and you'd have the speed to get away.

nilbog
02-28-2011, 08:14 PM
<l60 if="" i="" recall.="">There was no version for FV ports.

For the OT hammer, you had to be amiable for the quest. So you must charm it or have the faction. Someone else charming it should yield indifferent faction. I used Puppet Strings to achieve this on live. I recommend bringing malo and tash so you don't waste charges. If you're an enchanter, or bard, or have a way to charm this guy, it shouldn't be too difficult.
</l60>

Pyrocat
02-28-2011, 10:08 PM

For the OT hammer, you had to be amiable for the quest. So you must charm it or have the faction. Someone else charming it should yield indifferent faction. I used Puppet Strings to achieve this on live. I recommend bringing malo and tash so you don't waste charges. If you're an enchanter, or bard, or have a way to charm this guy, it shouldn't be too difficult.
</l60>

he's undead, so you can necro charm as well.

Lagaidh
02-28-2011, 10:24 PM

</l60>

That's what it was, thank you! I remember my caster aid was for MR debuffs. Puppet strings from a guild bank.

tristantio
03-01-2011, 12:02 AM
I did it on live by charming with my necro and handing in.

Ropethunder
03-01-2011, 12:07 AM
What is the name of this hammer?

Ralexia
03-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Worker Sledgemallet (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=473)

Ledzepp02
03-01-2011, 03:50 AM
puppet strings will be win for this

Beguiled
03-01-2011, 05:10 AM
Having not gotten very far back in classic and experiencing much on the content.. Any other interesting or goodie items like this hammer perhaps? :)

Omnimorph
03-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Is it my imagination, or was this initially available at indifferent faction? I never charmed him on live, and my monk had a hammer... so i'm guessing i either used sneak / fd / someone else charming to get indiff faction and then handing in.

Lill-Leif
03-01-2011, 09:58 AM
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/faction.html?faction=156

"My 58 sk gnome did some faction raising here for his Worker Sledgemallet quest.

Sk started off as dubious. Took 24 warbraids to get to apprehensive, another 44 to reach indiff and yet another 44 to get to amiable."

rugerx
03-01-2011, 09:58 AM
I recall on live I charmed this guy with my bard once he was a yellow con, ran around for a while snaring him and kept charming, finally got it to stick long enough to do the quest.

Omnimorph
03-01-2011, 10:44 AM
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/faction.html?faction=156

"My 58 sk gnome did some faction raising here for his Worker Sledgemallet quest.

Sk started off as dubious. Took 24 warbraids to get to apprehensive, another 44 to reach indiff and yet another 44 to get to amiable."

Sk gnome suggests this was quite a while after kunark launch. I'm talking real early on in kunark. I know that it is / did become amiable to turn in, i'm just wondering if it was like that from the get go or if it was changed some point after.

So i reiterate, does anyone else know if it was always amiable faction needed for the hammer? or was it indifferent at some point?

I also recall the whistling fist monk in DL you could sneak up to him to do the turn in initially, but they then changed it so you NEEDED to charm him to do turn ins.

Omnimorph
03-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Ah, just read through some really old posts, apparently for a limited time, anything that gave you illusion : Skeleton would give you amiable faction (like call of bones) and could then do the turn in.

Messianic
03-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Ah, just read through some really old posts, apparently for a limited time, anything that gave you illusion : Skeleton would give you amiable faction (like call of bones) and could then do the turn in.

That's quite helpful, thanks :D