PDA

View Full Version : Accurate, scientific way to verify and correct pet HP

Bristlebaner
11-06-2017, 12:31 PM
As I was looking through the Pet Guide on the Wiki (https://wiki.project1999.com/Pet_Guide there is work to be done here.

I came up with 2 objectives:

1.) Verify all of the commonly agreed upon pet values for level, HP, damage and abilities to ensure pets are coded correctly here.

2.) Update the Wiki with factual data to ensure as much accuracy as possible.

Certain aspects are not hard, but are tedious, such as verifying the level range of pets (Have to have a character con them that is the same level etc.) Others are more difficult such as HP (must account for regeneration). Damage is fairly straight forward, as are abilities just through observation.

Is there an agreed upon method for determining pet HP that's accurate? Run parses and then subract out the pet regen? Duel another player and nuke?

Vekonis
11-06-2017, 01:02 PM
I would say dueling another player and nuking would be one of the easiest ways and would be pretty accurate,

Synthlol
11-06-2017, 01:19 PM
Complete heal the pet. Divide the amount of hp restored by the percentage of hp restored.

EX: If you heal the pet from 40% and restore 1200 hp, then 1200 hp is 60% of its hp total. Therefore it has 1200hp / (0.60) = 2000hp

Newfangle9
11-06-2017, 01:47 PM
I would really like a way to tell my necro pets level. When I get a new pet, I always cast until I get a yellow one. Then when I level I cast until I get a white one. After leveling one more time they're all blue, so I have no way of knowing whether I have the lowest or highest pet, at least without maybe testing each one's damage and then recasting. That seems a bit time consuming.

Dreenk317
11-06-2017, 02:33 PM
I would really like a way to tell my necro pets level. When I get a new pet, I always cast until I get a yellow one. Then when I level I cast until I get a white one. After leveling one more time they're all blue, so I have no way of knowing whether I have the lowest or highest pet, at least without maybe testing each one's damage and then recasting. That seems a bit time consuming.

Damage is how you tell. It's the only way, and yes it can be time consuming. There is however a table that tells you max damage per level, at least that way you know what number your looking for so you know when you have a max level.

Newfangle9
11-06-2017, 02:35 PM
Ok, thanks for your reply, I'll look into it.

loramin
11-06-2017, 03:59 PM
There is however a table that tells you max damage per level

http://wiki.project1999.com/Necromancer#Pet_Information

Senn
11-06-2017, 04:20 PM
Surely the easiest way is:

1. Target your pet
2. Type '/pet health' and spam it a few times ensuring you cover a server tick
3. This should tell you how what percentage your pet HP has gone up in that tick (to two decimal places) - for those pets where regen per tick is known, you can now calculate total HP.
4. Or, cast your heal (or have someone heal the pet), and again, keep spamming the chat window with /pet health - again, you will see what percentage increase the heal gave you. Simple maths should enable you to work out the total HP.

Notes:

You must use the chat window to keep spamming, if you have /pet health on a macro, you won't be able to click it when casting. You can however keep hitting SHIFT+UP ARROW to select the last command and then press ENTER.

/pet health works on charmed pets too, so any pet class / charm class should be able to do this.

Goodest
11-06-2017, 05:23 PM
if you want to do any testing for mages.
56 mage with every focus item but the staff of earth.