PDA

View Full Version : EQ Trivia

NachtMystium
11-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Calling on all ya'll lore nerds and obscure knowledge gurus.

I think it'd be cool to see some people take a zone like EC and create an EQ Trivia zone, whichever zone that may be. Just /shout questions and create incentives for people who can answer it right, maybe like a popular newbie zone for beginners to score some spell money or lowbie gear.

Not only will it help newbs get a chance at some helpful loots but also create a culture of appreciating the game for what it is/was.

Just fyi, I'm just throwing the idea out there, I'm too lazy/ignorant to get this thing started so I urge you brain boys to get it started cuz I want to login seeing red text eq questions in a newbie zone and feel comfy.

Thugnuts
11-07-2017, 10:50 AM
Contact an officer of Aftermath in game. They're not raiding much these days, and they certainly have the manpower to get this going across multiple newbie zones. They're really cool guys who contribute a lot to the server's culture, so I'm sure this would be right up their alley.

jakerees
11-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Have the contest be held in Kelethin on the highest platform. Give a wrong answer to a question and you have to jump off (no levitating). I like mortal danger in my trivia contests.

loramin
11-07-2017, 12:24 PM
When I give out items to lowbies I often require them to answer questions first to "win" the prizes. However, the problem I found with using EQ trivia is that most questions are either way too hard (to the point where no one will know the answer), so easy to answer that almost anyone can, or too easy to answer with a quick Google search.

I'm sure there are trivia questions that are hard enough to reward players that know EQ lore, but are neither too hard nor too easy to answer with Google ... but I don't know them. As a result I've been using old medieval riddles instead, but those aren't ideal either.

Pokesan
11-07-2017, 12:30 PM
it wouldn't be fair :)

skarlorn
11-07-2017, 12:49 PM
Cleanse runnyeye and let the half men run free

-correct answer to any question filbus asks in game

Raavak
11-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Second breakfast.

Squabbles123
11-07-2017, 03:03 PM
When I give out items to lowbies I often require them to answer questions first to "win" the prizes. However, the problem I found with using EQ trivia is that most questions are either way too hard (to the point where no one will know the answer), so easy to answer that almost anyone can, or too easy to answer with a quick Google search.

I'm sure there are trivia questions that are hard enough to reward players that know EQ lore, but are neither too hard nor too easy to answer with Google ... but I don't know them. As a result I've been using old medieval riddles instead, but those aren't ideal either.

You should just make questions to test if they are new players or alts instead.

Ask them easy questions that anyone who plays here regularly would know, if they have no idea, THEN reward them, cause they are new and actually need your help :)

NachtMystium
11-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I didn't really think about the obvious googling the answers... damnit. Maybe make EQ related riddles or something!!! I like it!!

Gwynn
11-09-2017, 04:33 AM
In real You can construct questions that are not google-able for the purpose of giveaways, however they may not be the type of trivia you are thinking about.

Pick questions that are visual. I think the best way would be to pick a zone and ask questions about that zone. Or if you want to do class/race specific questions, ask about starting cities.

Here are some examples:

How many NPC's are in the Druid's guild of ....?
What is the name of the guard in the bank?
How many orcs are stationed outside of Crushbone?
How many pieces on the chessboard are knocked down?

whippetofspades
11-09-2017, 05:02 AM
There was a guy doing this in Mistmoore a few months ago. He'd ask a few questions and whoever got the most right got about 200 plat.

They were lore questions. You could google them easily but because they weren't too hard you were racing for time against other players so searching wouldn't help you win. Seems like a good way to get around the search issue.