PDA

View Full Version : Pick my class (non-twink)

Alphablue
11-07-2017, 03:26 PM
I posted over in the Starter Zone asking for help deciding on a class to stick with, since I have crippling alt-itis and haven’t leveled anything past around 20. I love playing any role and I’m not opposed to anything.

My only requirement is playing a class that can solo in some capacity due to not having a whole lot of time to group on a regular basis. Oh and no twinking as I don’t have the funds to do that.

All the suggestions in the starter zone were fantastic and I just can’t decide, so I’m hoping you all can put me out of my misery and just pick for me.

Whatever class gets the most votes will be the one I stick with until level cap, no matter what.

Evia
11-07-2017, 03:38 PM
I voted for the class I feel p99 needs more of. It came down to Paladin or Ranger but ultimately fashion questing edged towards Ranger so that was my choice for you. Happy-deciding- your-main!

Alphablue
11-07-2017, 03:40 PM
I voted for the class I feel p99 needs more of. It came down to Paladin or Ranger but ultimately fashion questing edged towards Ranger so that was my choice for you. Happy-deciding- your-main!

I like your style! Thank you!

Zemus
11-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Congratulations Mr. Bard. Furthermore, I suggest you go human male with an eyepatch.

Alphablue
11-07-2017, 03:48 PM
Congratulations Mr. Bard. Furthermore, I suggest you go human male with an eyepatch.

If you don’t choose that face option, is there any point in picking human male?

Pyrocat
11-07-2017, 04:11 PM
Committing to spend hundreds of hours on a single class at the whims of forumquesters? Brave, but foolish.

Pokesan
11-07-2017, 04:18 PM
i voted shaman because i hate you

Alphablue
11-07-2017, 04:19 PM
Committing to spend hundreds of hours on a single class at the whims of forumquesters? Brave, but foolish.

Foolish? Maybe.

But I like the idea of leaving it to the forums to pick. I’ll have a blast making the most out of whatever is ultimately selected!

NachtMystium
11-07-2017, 05:44 PM
I voted wizard because i want you to suffer

Byel
11-07-2017, 05:59 PM
Is there any class other then mage?

Baler
11-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Everyone should start with a farming class imo. I voted necro. Iksar specifically.

My first class on p99 was a magician, It served me very well starting out knowing no one.

---
I strongly urge you to avoid tank classes if they're non-twink.

dslaybac
11-07-2017, 07:10 PM
Been here since 2013 and you havent made it past 20? Im sorry sir but i think you are beyond help. :(

Alphablue
11-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Been here since 2013 and you havent made it past 20? Im sorry sir but i think you are beyond help. :(

Time constraints, maintaining a relationship, job, playing different games, etc (you know, the usual)

This is to help me stop splitting time between a bunch of alts and focus on a main :)

k2summit
11-07-2017, 07:28 PM
Did not read any comments. Voted based on the feeling in my ballsack.

mr_jon3s
11-07-2017, 08:27 PM
Best class that will never happen. Beastlord but because you can't go Shaman.

Arkanjil
11-07-2017, 08:36 PM
You left the option to vote for all of them....so I did. :)

Alphablue
11-07-2017, 08:42 PM
You left the option to vote for all of them....so I did. :)

Did that on purpose just in case you rolled around :)

Cecily
11-07-2017, 09:09 PM
None of you are voting properly.

Argh
11-07-2017, 09:17 PM
Twank versatile or an otter.

Alphablue
11-07-2017, 10:59 PM
The choices seem to be shaping up so far!

Going to be making the selection in about 24 hours!

ZarkinFrood
11-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Poll is clearly invalid but I voted for Necro anyway. Reading your other posts it's clear that your problem is not the class, it's that levelling in EQ is not fast enough for you. I truly don't believe you'll make it to the end with any class because you seem to want the easy path and EQ doesn't really have one. No actually, I take that back, you had the easy path with Bard but apparently that wasn't powerful enough.

Bard: being able to do everything is something I love, and I already have a 46 bard, so it’s kind of ready to go. I fell into just swarm kiting (and was pretty good at it, not that it’s difficult) but stopped playing once the exp slowed to a crawl. Fear kiting seems like it could be fun and I’ve done it a little, albeit a little tedious.

You're not cut out for the 50+ levelling grind if you think exp is slow with swarm kiting at 46. 54 will break you.

Alphablue
11-08-2017, 10:08 AM
Poll is clearly invalid but I voted for Necro anyway. Reading your other posts it's clear that your problem is not the class, it's that levelling in EQ is not fast enough for you. I truly don't believe you'll make it to the end with any class because you seem to want the easy path and EQ doesn't really have one. No actually, I take that back, you had the easy path with Bard but apparently that wasn't powerful enough.

You're not cut out for the 50+ levelling grind if you think exp is slow with swarm kiting at 46. 54 will break you.

You’re welcome to draw your own conclusions from the posts, but I’ll go ahead and repeat the premise for you in case there was some confusion:

I have major alt-itis.
I asked for some advice on picking a class that I can focus on exclusively on to max level.
I decided to hold a poll because I just can’t decide and think it would be fun for the community to do so for me.

You can assume anything you like about me, but I respectfully disagree with your feelings as they’re completely unfounded.

Thanks for voting though!

ZarkinFrood
11-08-2017, 10:41 AM
I reread my post and realize I sound like an asshole, sorry, that wasn't my intention. I wanted to point out a common thread with your other posts. It seems like you get stuck when the going gets tough.

Bard: being able to do everything is something I love, and I already have a 46 bard, so it’s kind of ready to go. I fell into just swarm kiting (and was pretty good at it, not that it’s difficult) but stopped playing once the exp slowed to a crawl. Fear kiting seems like it could be fun and I’ve done it a little, albeit a little tedious.

(Iksar) Necro: I have a level 17 and it feels a bit sluggish compared to other classes so far, but I’m always jealous of seeing Necros soloing guards and seeming super powerful.

Enchanter: the only reason I’m leaning this way at all is because I love the idea of providing absolute control over every fight, with the constant fear that one lapse in concentration could be death. I have a 17 enc but it feels slow at this level.

Then there's this from a while back:

Root-rotting is super easy but pretty slow and inefficient at my level. Even charming can seem slow but I'm coming from leveling a bard recently, so everything is slow by comparison

It might help to not compare your other classes to the bard. Yes, it's going to be slow but that's what's great about EQ imo. You get time to really learn your class and be awesome.

I voted necro because they are super powerful and you said before you like how powerful necros seem to be. No, it won't be as fast as a bard but they are pretty mana efficient, especially Iksar, so you'll have less down time (compared to say, druid) when you are solo. Necros are awesome in groups and you won't have to worry about being the healer (like a druid). You get to be a sort of jack of all trades with charms, cc, oh shit heals and FD when the real shit hits the fan (Oh, and the ability to gate and peace the fuck out). I've been in countless situations where the necro saved the day. Plus, necros are great for farming. Do a /who all 55 60 necro and check out where they're at. Awesome class.

Alphablue
11-08-2017, 10:53 AM
I reread my post and realize I sound like an asshole, sorry, that wasn't my intention. I wanted to point out a common thread with your other posts. It seems like you get stuck when the going gets tough.

Then there's this from a while back:

It might help to not compare your other classes to the bard. Yes, it's going to be slow but that's what's great about EQ imo. You get time to really learn your class and be awesome.

I voted necro because they are super powerful and you said before you like how powerful necros seem to be. No, it won't be as fast as a bard but they are pretty mana efficient, especially Iksar, so you'll have less down time (compared to say, druid) when you are solo. Necros are awesome in groups and you won't have to worry about being the healer (like a druid). You get to be a sort of jack of all trades with charms, cc, oh shit heals and FD when the real shit hits the fan (Oh, and the ability to gate and peace the fuck out). I've been in countless situations where the necro saved the day. Plus, necros are great for farming. Do a /who all 55 60 necro and check out where they're at. Awesome class.

I appreciate the clarification!

You're right, I do change when things start to slow down, but it's almost a false correlation because it's more that I see other classes while playing and I want to try them out because they look fun / cool / powerful.

Don't get me wrong, I like leveling as fast as possible just like anyone else, but my problem is just concentrating on a single character for a long time.

Your description of the Necro is awesome and makes me want to play it (as does other people's description of other classes). Thank you for hashing it out for me!

And again, I appreciate you clarifying your post!

skarlorn
11-08-2017, 11:49 AM
I chose bard for you because i want you to have fun=)

Grizzler
11-08-2017, 12:10 PM
I can definitely relate to your situation. I've found that having multiple chars at different levels has worked great for me. The 3 names I have in my signature are all between lvl 34 and 54. When I get tired of one, I just switch to another and keep playing.

Overall, I've played my cleric the most but I find having like 1-3 chars that you are actively playing, leveling and working on is a great way to keep from burn out. Just make sure they have different playstyles/roles so your not doing the same stuff on multiple chars. I love having a healer,tank, and hybrid to choose from depending on what I feel like for that day. You will level slower overall but it may help with your altidis.

Otherwise, I voted for druid and mage. Both are very good for soloing and can get groups although at higher lvls, the druid seems to get less and less invites. However being able to quad kite is a nice change. If I get bored quadding, I switch to my war or cleric and find a group. Good luck.

Yasi
11-08-2017, 02:21 PM
I voted Rogue, so non-twinked you will play hard mode and can't solo.

Alphablue
11-08-2017, 02:32 PM
I voted Rogue, so non-twinked you will play hard mode and can't solo.

And I’m totally open to that.

Part of doing the poll is opening myself up to people with all intentions with their votes.

Whatever is ultimately the winner, I will play no matter what and I’ll be forced to make it work, which I think will be extremely fun!

Crede
11-08-2017, 02:39 PM
And I’m totally open to that.

Part of doing the poll is opening myself up to people with all intentions with their votes.

Whatever is ultimately the winner, I will play no matter what and I’ll be forced to make it work, which I think will be extremely fun!

Enchanter was the only class I easily went to 60 with and didn’t get bored. Nearly unlimited solo potential and groups love you.

Although recently after quitting many other alts I think I’m going to make it to 60 on the bard. Huge skill cap and charm is OP.

Alphablue
11-08-2017, 03:55 PM
Enchanter was the only class I easily went to 60 with and didn’t get bored. Nearly unlimited solo potential and groups love you.

Although recently after quitting many other alts I think I’m going to make it to 60 on the bard. Huge skill cap and charm is OP.

Good point on the Enchanter, though it looks like Necro is running away with the votes!

Alphablue
11-08-2017, 07:13 PM
I’ll be making the decision in a couple of hours!

Thank you everyone for the votes and advice so far!

My SO is out of town for the next 4 days and I’m excited to venture out with a lot more focus!

NecroP99
11-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Wizard and Pally are troll votes - Pick the necro and you will be happy. I have a 58 necromancer and its by far my favorite character and can level the fastest. Go iskar

Alphablue
11-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Wizard and Pally are troll votes - Pick the necro and you will be happy. I have a 58 necromancer and its by far my favorite character and can level the fastest. Go iskar

Lol yeah they may be troll votes, but that’s part of the fun! If either were to happen to pull ahead, I would keep my word and play them!

Alphablue
11-08-2017, 10:53 PM
ALRIGHT!

The votes are in and the class is...

Necromancer by a landslide!

Bokrugg the Iksar Necromancer is born!

Thank you to everyone who participated!

I'm off to start my adventure!

https://i.imgur.com/iHlHlTX.png

ZarkinFrood
11-08-2017, 11:23 PM
WINNAR! GG Bokrugg, I wish you all the riches and sexy liches. You definitely made the wight decision!

https://i.imgur.com/L7or21T.gif

Atmas
11-09-2017, 12:39 AM

My Paly vote wasn't a troll. If you play Paly and enjoy it I think it was more fun than the other classes.

AkashicRecord
11-09-2017, 01:26 AM
ALRIGHT!

The votes are in and the class is...

Necromancer by a landslide!

Bokrugg the Iksar Necromancer is born!

Thank you to everyone who participated!

I'm off to start my adventure!

https://i.imgur.com/iHlHlTX.png

I see a Tome of Order and Discord (https://wiki.project1999.com/Tome_of_Order_and_Discord) in your inventory... Make sure to turn it in as soon as possible!

If you lose it somehow, I always have an extra on hand at all times, should we cross paths... :D

https://www.project1999.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=252&pictureid=1117

Kesselring
11-09-2017, 04:04 AM
you people voting wizard with me, you da real mvp.

these assholes voting for necromancer and shit fuck em.

skarlorn
11-09-2017, 04:07 AM
good name, good job, have fun