PDA

View Full Version : Epics?

Razdeline
02-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Will Epic Weapons come in accordance to Live release dates? Or will the quest items be available upon Kunark release.

Any info would be great!

Myrkskog
02-28-2011, 11:18 PM
Close to live release dates. Classic server, classic releases.

Wudan
03-01-2011, 03:00 AM
when was it released on live?

Ledzepp02
03-01-2011, 03:48 AM
about 5-6 months after kunark, sorry to be the bearer of bad news =/

StinkyGreenBud
03-01-2011, 08:49 AM

/wrist

ElanoraBryght
03-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Classic - Kunark released April 24. Epic quests are introduced Sept. 19. ( http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches.html )

azeth
03-01-2011, 10:03 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/5v8ys7.png

isn't that strange? I'm unsure how I did the Velious armor quests prior to May 8th..

stonebeard22
03-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Very Interesting...

Massive Marc
03-01-2011, 12:25 PM

I'm curious, do you have official word on this ? Because I cannot find any posts from devs stating this is how epics are going to be handled.

I apologize in advance if I overlooked a response from a dev.

moklianne
03-01-2011, 12:50 PM
This server is supposed to deliver the content from EQ in the order it was originally released, no? I would just assume that it will be released after Kunark unless some dev specifically says otherwise.

moklianne
03-01-2011, 12:51 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/5v8ys7.png

isn't that strange? I'm unsure how I did the Velious armor quests prior to May 8th..

Huh? You didn't have to be ally since it didn't exist...

skipdog
03-01-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm curious, do you have official word on this ? Because I cannot find any posts from devs stating this is how epics are going to be handled.

I apologize in advance if I overlooked a response from a dev.

Yes, the official word is that they stick as close to live dates as possible. This doesn't require dev confirmation.

guineapig
03-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Yeah, it's been posted a bunch of times:
here is the ORIGINAL progression, we're adhering to this as best we can.

To see the exact progression that he is quoting, the post is on this page:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1042&highlight=timeline&page=2

Release march 16, 1999

-open plane of fear
-remove lustrous russet , amygdalan warriors
-remove cryosilk robe , spinechiller spiders
-remove bladestorm

-open plane of hate

-remove Thex Dagger - original silent watch shield quest reward

-remove box of abu kar, return marfen binkdurple prekunark

SEPTEMBER 13, 1999
-High level pets (44th and 49th lvl spells) do less damage.

OCTOBER 13, 1999

-open temple of solusek ro
-open Plane of Sky
-remove rubicite from ct, replace with ravenscale
-remove guise of the deceiver from assassin, replace with mask of deception
-remove manastone, evil eye
-remove Scimitar of the Mistwalker, vox
-remove jboots from najena, readd hasten and AC

DECEMBER 1, 1999
-Summon Waterstone (Magician) has been added to the game.

DECEMBER 14, 1999
-The new Necromancer spell, Summon Corpse, is now live and functioning as intended.

FEBRUARY 3, 2000
-All spells that grant levitation will no longer function in the Plane of Sky.

FEBRUARY 17, 2000
-nerf mistwalker pet to dissipate after 1 round of combat
-open paineel (we starting with it open i think? )

APRIL 10, 2000
-The Terror Mask will now cast "Fear" instead of "Call of Bones" as previously announced. The "Call of Bones" effect was placed on this item by mistake.

-staff of forbidden rites - needs to be changed to ultra rare at some point

To Unlock Kunark:
-Lord Nagafen
-Lady Vox
-Phinigel Autropos
-Cazic Thule
-Innoruuk
-Noble Dojorn

Kunark april 24, 2000
-Reinstate Burning Rapier to updated stats. 7/20 effect:ignite
APRIL 28, 2000
-Due to a feature within the zone, players can no longer bind within Timorous Deep. This functionality was intended in the zone prior to launch, as binding presents a possible balance issue. Players who are already bound in this zone will retain their binding location until they bind someplace else.

MAY 7, 2000
-Gem Encrusted Ring removed from forest loop loottable

MAY 12, 2000
-increase gate guard stats, increase spawn time of city guards from 6 minutes to 20 minutes (nerf guard hunting)

MAY 16, 2000
Increased the number of frightfingers in the Plane of Fear. Previously only 3 frightfingers would pop per respawn. (haha, already done)

MAY 25, 2000
-The Runed Fighter's Staff, previously usable by Monks and Warriors, has been restricted to Monks only. The statistics on this staff are much more powerful than normally allowed for warriors. This change is retroactive and will be reflected on items currently in inventory. Though we strive to avoid negatively adjusting items after they have been earned, this item presented a balance issue, making the change necessary. We apologize to warriors that currently own this weapon. Runed Fighter's Staff replaced with imbued fighters staff

JUNE 15, 2000
-The Staff of Temperate Flux and the Rod of Insidious Glamour now have a short casting time associated with their activatable effect

JUNE 22, 2000
-hole opens
-Vox and Nagafen receive banishment ability

JULY 19, 2000
-nerf deepwater helm effect
-nerf donals vambraces effect
-You can no longer cast invisibility on any pet.

JULY 20, 2000
-/Consent no longer gives other players permission to loot your corpse. Instead, it only gives them the ability to drag your corpse using the /corpse command. This change is due to player request stemming from number of customer service issues raised by some players who were using /consent as a way to steal the belongings of other players. The change will eliminate those concerns and make the game more enjoyable for all of those involved.

AUGUST 9, 2000
-Rangers, Paladins, and SKs now have mana equivalent to that of a pure caster with the same stats. This will give those hybrids a good deal more mana, regardless of their stats

SEPTEMBER 19, 2000
-Mosscovered Twig nerfed into Mosscovered Branch
-Barbed Scale Whip nerfed to offhand only

-EPIC QUESTS - We are pleased to announce that we have implemented new "Fiery Avenger" style quests for every class in the game (including paladins). The ultimate reward for each quest boasts a custom model with unique particle effects. We think that you will be pleased.

NOVEMBER 15, 2000
-Repaired the Forager Bag. It was causing people to lose weight when placing items in the bag. It is supposed to have a weight reduction component, but was not supposed to cause weight loss.

NOVEMBER 29, 2000
-The Monk's hand-to-hand skill cap has been raised to a level equal to their one-handed blunt skill.

-remove locket of escape

-Rod of Annihilation - rare beyond belief then removed- caretaker, sebilis
-remove Blade of the Black Dragon Eye, replace on loot table as Blade of the Green Dragon Eye
-Circlet of Shadow nerfed to circlet of shadows
-Jade Chokidai Prod - was originally war/rng/shd/brd/rog/shm, nerfed to shmn only

To unlock Velious:
-Hoshkar
-Venril Sathir
-Talendor
-Gorenaire
-Severilous

Ele
03-01-2011, 01:25 PM
The real question is which Zordak Ragefire will be implemented?

Dr4z3r
03-01-2011, 01:48 PM
The real real question is when mods will just start locking these threads.

All it needs is "ANSWERED HERE: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=5491&postcount=12. THREAD CLOSED"

Rejuvenation
03-01-2011, 01:51 PM
The real question is which Zordak Ragefire will be implemented?

This. The Devs should seriously consider implementing Ragefire rather quickly...The classic implementation will bring poopsocking to a whole new level.

Dantes
03-01-2011, 01:51 PM
No, the real question is.... What classes are needed most? I need validation before I start playing, because I'm insecure. Please help me.

Rogean
03-01-2011, 02:41 PM
ooh.. what was wurmslayer originally? 2hs?

Versus
03-01-2011, 02:54 PM

Love this response in relation to all the questions about Epics and Ragefire. :p You're my hero

Messianic
03-01-2011, 03:49 PM
This. The Devs should seriously consider implementing Ragefire rather quickly...The classic implementation will bring poopsocking to a whole new level.

I wonder what poopsocking would evolve into...Maybe people who live on their toilets with a small refrigerator plugged into an outlet in the bathroom with condensed foods to provide essential nutrients?

hrafn
03-01-2011, 04:16 PM

please do tell

edit- http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u48/jefrogers/Wurmslayer.jpg

so it was piercing and ranged slot as well

Sparkin
03-01-2011, 06:38 PM
No primary only designation there? Think they nerfed that pretty quickly though.

But yeah, was piercing.

President
03-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Since Kunark is late, does that mean epics might be early? =)

hedbonker
03-01-2011, 07:10 PM
As a guild leader, I HATED epics. Nothing but trouble...

stonebeard22
03-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Wow Wurmslayer used to be SUPER Epic...

shuklak
03-01-2011, 10:44 PM
I remember when wurm came out I was level 35 killing paw gnolls... I asked my warrior friend who just got a wurm to powerlevel me. lol....

Aarone
03-02-2011, 12:31 AM
As a guild leader, I HATED epics. Nothing but trouble...

Amen, brother!

Harrison
03-02-2011, 12:36 AM
No primary only designation there? Think they nerfed that pretty quickly though.

But yeah, was piercing.

It actually wasn't nerfed for quite some time...

Pico
03-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Wouldn't even matter here since primary hand and offhand swing independently from each other.

azeth
03-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Wouldn't even matter here since primary hand and offhand swing independently from each other.

This. /wave wurmslayer usefulness

moklianne
03-02-2011, 09:45 AM
I still want a stamina slayer if only to say I have one. ;)

Ronas
03-02-2011, 05:43 PM
I think the wait would be mainly with setting all the little epic quest items to be Multiquestiable. And just comparing with jboot MQ which is in game already. Looks like a huge task. Plus having to explain and getting spam petition when someone not giving in the items in correct order and so on.

They probably counter the petition by saying, if you didnt read the MQ thread correctly and lost your item or was given to the wrong person then its your lost. We will not reimbue you for your retardness. That's why Everquest was also alias as being called "Neverquest" , because quest are buggy as hell.

Sparkin
03-02-2011, 07:15 PM

I was referring to the fact that its pretty damn sick for an offhand weapon, not quite as good for main since you don't get much out of the damage bonus putting it in your main. Moss covered twig main + wurmslayer off would be pretty awesome damage.

Cyrano
03-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Azeth, you could attain ally prior to that May 8th update you listed however it wouldn't show up on a con so the Velious armor quests were a crap shoot.

Razdeline
03-03-2011, 04:01 AM

Yes it was.

Razdeline
03-09-2011, 04:25 AM
I was thinking how aquiring epics will be quicker here, since we already know what to get pre-kunark.