PDA

View Full Version : Any way to log myself out from a different computer?

murray21
11-08-2017, 11:58 PM
I have P99 installed on my home comp and my work comp. I left work today without logging out, so I can't log in from home since I'm getting a 1018 error (you currently have an active player on that server). Anyone see an easy fix or am I stuck waiting out the night? For some reason I thought that it would kick me from the game I was logged into when I tried to relog in from home on a different comp.

Atmas
11-09-2017, 12:37 AM
Can you RDP into your work PC?

Get on another account or ask a friend to petition in game to get you kicked.

Dreenk317
11-09-2017, 01:18 AM
The petition thing will work, just have to wait for it to get seen by a gm.

OR
Cut your work buildings hardline so your computer goes linkdead, wait the thirty seconds and log in.

Mead
11-09-2017, 01:23 AM
gj

Kesselring
11-09-2017, 04:06 AM
I find it kind of weird that p99 doesnt kick the person playing when you try to login to the account. I was almost positive that was a thing on classic (had shared accounts with irl friends on classic eq back in the day and we'd always be kicking each other off from signing in or at least I thought so).

commongood
11-09-2017, 04:27 AM
I find it kind of weird that p99 doesnt kick the person playing when you try to login to the account. I was almost positive that was a thing on classic (had shared accounts with irl friends on classic eq back in the day and we'd always be kicking each other off from signing in or at least I thought so).

Can confirm that is how it worked on live. You would be kicked if someone logged on while you were online. Not sure why it’s different here.

Lhancelot
11-09-2017, 08:06 AM
This is karma. Don't play from work. :D

jakerees
11-09-2017, 09:21 AM
Can confirm that is how it worked on live. You would be kicked if someone logged on while you were online. Not sure why it’s different here.

Seconded. My brother shared his account with me when he got me into EQ in early 2000 and I was still in high school. I was in a tech drafting class that had a computer lab to do our work in and was surprised to see EQ installed on the one I was working on one day and logged in, which apparently kicked my brother off. When I got home later he told me he changed the password because he thought someone hacked his account.