PDA

View Full Version : Population Change

A1rh3ad
11-18-2017, 12:58 PM
The population seems to be lower now than when I first started. How does this compare to a single server during classic era?

loramin
11-18-2017, 02:26 PM
As I remember it classic live server populations were like 1k-2k ... but it's been a long time so don't quote me on that.

Regardless, P99's population is pretty high right now: did you happen to start during the Velious release peak by chance? Blue won't hit those numbers again for a long time (if ever ... although Green probably will on release).

A1rh3ad
11-18-2017, 03:06 PM
Probably. I rarely have trouble finding groups. I was just wondering if it was still close to the classic experience.

loramin
11-18-2017, 03:23 PM
Probably. I rarely have trouble finding groups. I was just wondering if it was still close to the classic experience.

"The classic experience" wasn't just one experience/population, it was a spectrum. On the lower end you had the newer and PvP servers, and on the higher end you had the original/higher population servers. I think it's safe to say that P99 provides "a classic experience", in the sense that its population likely falls within that spectrum.

utenan
11-18-2017, 03:41 PM
here's a picture from the kunark manual, so it's probably actual classic era:
https://i.imgur.com/aKNLUlj.jpg

Who know's what time of day this was taken but project 1999 goes below those numbers in the off time and above them during prime time - seems quite classic to me! Also, we've had above 1000 people during prime time for years - I dunno what you're talkin about : p

utenan
11-18-2017, 04:26 PM
If there was a teams server that's where I'd be

loramin
11-18-2017, 06:46 PM
here's a picture from the kunark manual ... Who know's what time of day this was taken

Yeah my 1k-2k range was based on peak times, and it was from when I started, ie. Velious, when the population levels were likely higher (EQ was still blowing up then).

Casteel
11-18-2017, 09:30 PM
i remember making a toon on a couple different servers and playing in that once in a while when Rodcet Nife was full. Then after Velious (I think, totally not sure) and after Verant gave way to SOE, servers started splitting and new ones opened. Very long time ago...

Casteel
11-18-2017, 09:33 PM
before they disabled the command ( /who all count ) 1500 to 1900 ish was very frequent, confirming Loramin's claim easily.

katrik
11-18-2017, 09:33 PM
I started playing again casually, so that's a +1. Hit me up on my new bard, Laena.

Cecily
11-18-2017, 09:40 PM
Think blue was around 400 people when I first started here. 1k+ on a private server still blows my mind.

Spyder73
11-18-2017, 11:44 PM
Im shocked you are still on the server to be honest. After your melt down about IP exemptions I was positive you had about 30 days in you before Sirk-dawg or Fatnar smashed you with the ban hammer. Gratz on not getting caught (yet)

Spyder73
11-19-2017, 02:27 AM
Meltdown(s) - excuse me Lord Swish for offending you. ALL HAIL EMPEROR CU...SWISH

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255660

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256003

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256114

Jimjam
11-19-2017, 02:47 AM
Dude, he is talking about Airhead being melty downsie :D.

A1rh3ad
11-19-2017, 10:19 PM
Come on guys, this isn't rants and flames. I've spoken with members of the awesome staff and have been having a great experience here. Can we just please not bring this up anymore?

Lhancelot
11-19-2017, 10:24 PM
Come on guys, this isn't rants and flames. I've spoken with members of the awesome staff and have been having a great experience here. Can we just please not bring this up anymore?

I honestly am struggling to see what the point of this thread was for? You say something somewhat inflammatory then expect no one to give snarky responses? When negative comments are veiled in a disingenuous question naturally people see through it and become incensed. what is the point of your question, and exactly what would any answer solve here?

Jimjam
11-20-2017, 03:05 AM

Sorry, it should have been explained in a more neutral way to Swish that Spyder73 was not refering to him. I didn't mean to upset you.

It certainly isn't a behaviour you seem to engage in anymore, so I apologise for contributing to aggrevated bygons.

A1rh3ad
11-20-2017, 05:30 AM
I honestly am struggling to see what the point of this thread was for? You say something somewhat inflammatory then expect no one to give snarky responses? When negative comments are veiled in a disingenuous question naturally people see through it and become incensed. what is the point of your question, and exactly what would any answer solve here?

I already answered why I originally asked. I wanted to know what classic server population was and I fail to see how my question was disingenuous. I dont even see how I was being negative. It was a legitimate and straight forward question.

fadetree
11-20-2017, 09:47 AM
I already answered why I originally asked. I wanted to know what classic server population was and I fail to see how my question was disingenuous. I dont even see how I was being negative. It was a legitimate and straight forward question.

Spyder attacked OP over some admittedly pretty bad past threads. But yeah ITT I don't see OP being a jerk...just asking a question. Then swish got one of his many easily pushed buttons activated, and downhill we go. Give OP a break I say.

Unless....Unless...OP *knew* that he could bait Spyder by posting a perfectly ordinary question? In which case this would be the most fiendishly clever and subtle trolling ever. Like, evil super-genius level.

aaezil
11-20-2017, 10:01 AM
dude baiting spyd or swish or any of the other regular flamers is the easiest task ever

Lhancelot
11-20-2017, 10:07 AM
Spyder attacked OP over some admittedly pretty bad past threads. But yeah ITT I don't see OP being a jerk...just asking a question. Then swish got one of his many easily pushed buttons activated, and downhill we go. Give OP a break I say.

Unless....Unless...OP *knew* that he could bait Spyder by posting a perfectly ordinary question? In which case this would be the most fiendishly clever and subtle trolling ever. Like, evil super-genius level.

Anytime someone brings up the population not being what it was such and such time some people get irritated because it sounds like unnecessary moaning.

Perhaps his past posts also ran this route too I don't remember them heh. He was't purposefully trolling... I think he just rubs some people the wrong way. Like me. :D

I seriously doubt it was a puposeful trolling though, the guy just rubs people wrong.

A1rh3ad
11-20-2017, 12:03 PM
Cue the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme

Lhancelot
11-20-2017, 12:37 PM
Cue the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme

FWIW I like you airhead. :D

gkmarino
11-20-2017, 02:27 PM
Oh my god that original server select menu brings back memories.. I loved the beige parchment like color.

fadetree
11-20-2017, 03:19 PM
dude baiting spyd or swish or any of the other regular flamers is the easiest task ever

hah, good point. Cancel the evil genius remark. Sorry, OP.