PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so hard to get a group in Old Sebilis?

spectrefax
11-26-2017, 11:44 PM
Playing as 56 necro. Been visiting Old Sebilis routinely for the last 2 or 3 levels and out of all my visits, roughly 10-15, I've only ever managed to get into a group one time.

I've tried seeking groups during both peak and off hours, but the result is always the same: Spam LFG in the zone for an hour or so, then give up and go back to finding somewhere to solo.

Do people not like necros in groups post 55+ or am I missing something else with this zone?

aaezil
11-26-2017, 11:50 PM
make your own groups//send tells and make it happen. if you just go there with lfg up you will rarely just magically get a group

Zemus
11-26-2017, 11:58 PM
Necros have an easier time in Howling Stones.

Phenyo
11-27-2017, 01:57 AM
The server has a very minmaxed attitude and if you're not forming the group yourself being a necromancer will damage your chances of an invite (even though necros, when played well, are an amazing support class).

skarlorn
11-27-2017, 02:02 AM
The server has a very minmaxed attitude and if you're not forming the group yourself being a necromancer will damage your chances of an invite (even though necros, when played well, are an amazing support class).

wagorf
11-27-2017, 04:31 AM
yes they are, except more than half the players dont play to the class full potential

Kesselring
11-27-2017, 04:36 AM
You usually need to have the motivation to start one if nobody else is starting one.

Sonderbeast
11-27-2017, 05:15 AM
Other classes just weigh down a necromancer who can solo to 60 with ease. You can just take your own camp and invite LFG's to join you if you want some company (if you don't mind the xp loss). Take charge, you are the class with the greatest flexibility and power, bring a heal bot in case you get low, maybe a mezz bot or a pet mage for extra dps. I aggree with these guys, start your own group.

Meatshields like me cant do shit to solo in seb, so we have to sit around and wait for someone to be nice and graciously let us play the game, you on the other hand can just do it. I understand if all camps are taken and no one wants you (because they don't realize a necro is a stronger asset than most classes) but if a camp is open, it's yours for the taking.

(And by bots I mean insignificant classes who have the sole purpose of pressing one button for you - real players, not robots)

Jimjam
11-27-2017, 06:05 AM
You're a necromancer, you have the mobility advantage to be able to stealth down to groups and just straight up ask them for an invite to their face.

I've found groups are far more likely to add a superfluous character if you can be at their location there and then.

Also, when you call CC you can ask the claimed camps how they are doing for CC, DPS, heals and if they say they are struggling or need cover for those roles soon you can advise them the way you plan to help them along. Send tells direct, people enjoy rationalisation.

Following on from Draconite's post, melee largely have to sit on their thumbs waiting for opportunities in Seb. If there are any lfg melee at the zone in, as a 55 necro you can simply duo up with one and immediately have a great group. Some of the best xp I got on my ranger was duoing with a ranger.

Speaking of which, necro with a decently geared ranger has surprising synergy. Ranger and necro pet both self haste well, ranger can add +12 regen to both himself and necro. Between yourself and the ranger you can decently buff resists and AC. You have a nice mix of CC and heals. Ranger might even have slow proc. Ah yea!

Lhancelot
11-27-2017, 07:56 AM

I think this is part of it, honestly I found groups fairly easily on my shaman. My anecdotal experience would tell me part of the issue is the class you play.

That being said, I can say that if you befriend people, when they form groups they will send you tells to group. I am not saying you don't have any friends but I have personally found when over time I have grouped with the same people they tend to remember me and we keep in contact. I have gotten groups just from knowing those who are forming groups or already grouped. Often times they will even get me in their group when it's not the perfect setup adding me, just because we have good rapport and enjoy grouping together.

I used to group with some wizard frequently at one point, and he was very fun to group with. If I was in a group, and seen him LFG I would always stress to add him even though wizards are shit in group XP groups. He was always a nice guy, and he did not play his class like a half afk-monkey all the time. Point is, the fact he was well-liked made it so he got groups over other more optimal classes.

Side note, this wizard also formed his own groups.

TL;DR

1. Necros are viewed as non-optimal classes by many people for groups and hated for their dabblings in playing with dead things.

2. If you want to find groups, play your class as well as you can, and prove to the people you are more than just some creepy lich thing that likes dead people. Show a little personality and keep in touch with people you like who are actively leveling up.

3. Don't be afraid to form up your own groups.

Meguvin
11-27-2017, 08:12 AM
because ppl is pretty well geared and they pref duo or trio even king.

Mead
11-27-2017, 09:38 AM
Necro will out dps most classes in seb, you just have to be willing to keep a pet charmed. Might be a little challenge if your group isn’t in crypt. And if they are in crypt and don’t want you for dps they’re either bad or don’t need you rolling on their loots. I agree with everyone saying start your own group. There are usually a handful of people sitting around just like yourself looking for an invite.

Jimjam
11-27-2017, 09:50 AM
Isn't there that ghoul who goes right to the front door of CE? You can prolly charm him thru door and then take him to where you need to be.

bloodmuffin
11-27-2017, 10:48 AM
Also note there are too many 60's most groups will usually pick a 60 over a 55, get to 60 first. Besides you'll get better exp duoing or soloing. Try charming in HS, you can level while farming plat too.

I rolled a rog/war so I have a grudge against classes that can solo but choose to sit on their ass LFG or can do cash camps while I have to rely on groups to get my plat.

Lhancelot
11-27-2017, 11:00 AM
I rolled a rog/war so I have a grudge against classes that can solo but choose to sit on their ass LFG or can do cash camps while I have to rely on groups to get my plat.

Never heard of this kind of group-entitlement before, or is it more of a pet-shaming thing?

How dare a pet class or druid want to group and play/socialize with other players. :rolleyes:

Spyder73
11-27-2017, 11:50 AM
I have always had trouble finding groups in Seb on any character. The problem is multifaceted but the net result is you are not going to hardly ever get a group in Seb unless you make one at the door (and honestly most people seem to not want to take this initiative). There are essentially 5 camps +jugs, so if there's more than 20 people in zone its a pretty good chance that all the camps but jugs are taken (Disco/ABC/King/CE/NG).

The Sebelis Problem

1) getting around in Seb is a pain in the ass so groups don't want to deal with getting you to camp. Best case scenario is the groups sends a rog after you to drag your body to the cleric for rez. So basically you need a concerted group effort to even get you to camp. Yikes.

2) XP from 55-60 is about as terrible as it gets. Adding in more people to soak up XP is not attractive. Trio/quad is about as big as any group wants to get from my experience and they all want enchanters.

3) You are competing for group spots against level 60 raid geared characters in a lot of instances, especially King

4) No one wants you taking their precious Kunark grade loot for some reason. P99 is a game where high level characters will monopolize Fine Steel drops from guards and Spectres so I guess this shouldn't surprise me but it still does.

5) When I DO get an XP group in Seb someone inevitably leaves within about 30 minutes and the group falls to sh!t. So sitting there for 20 minutes getting a group going only to have it fall to crap within 1 spawn cycle is a reason why a lot of people don't bother.

As a necro you will have a much better time in HS. Even in HS no one is going to want to group with you but its far easier to get a nice duo/trio going than it is in Seb. Problem with HS is it is dangerous, all the skelitons Harm Touch, the zone-in can(is) instant death more times than not. You need keys to access each wing. Good news is basement is safe and easy to get to once you are inside....That's is if you get lucky enough not to zone-in to 3 simultaneous harmtouches that you have no chance of escaping. messaging people inside the instance is a good idea...also waiting for some sucker to zone in before you and following is a good strat

TLDR - you are not going to get in an XP group in Seb

Triiz
11-27-2017, 12:31 PM
As a necro you will have a much better time in HS. Even in HS no one is going to want to group with you but its far easier to get a nice duo/trio going than it is in Seb. Problem with HS is it is dangerous, all the skelitons Harm Touch, the zone-in can(is) instant death more times than not. You need keys to access each wing. Good news is basement is safe and easy to get to once you are inside....That's is if you get lucky enough not to zone-in to 3 simultaneous harmtouches that you have no chance of escaping. messaging people inside the instance is a good idea...also waiting for some sucker to zone in before you and following is a good strat

Necro has IVU not sure why one would ever be getting double harm touched while zoning into HS. Mez or pull/root the scorp on the orb and IVU before zoning in. Even if a live mob is up and you move slow as shit you should only be eating 1 HT for ~450 dmg.

Also, if you start running while you're still zoning 95% of the time you will hit the North stairs before any mob aggro's you even if you're not invis. If you wait till the zone is fully loaded to hit the run key it wont work.

Amyas
11-27-2017, 12:58 PM
Playing as 56 necro. Been visiting Old Sebilis routinely for the last 2 or 3 levels and out of all my visits, roughly 10-15, I've only ever managed to get into a group one time.

I've tried seeking groups during both peak and off hours, but the result is always the same: Spam LFG in the zone for an hour or so, then give up and go back to finding somewhere to solo.

Do people not like necros in groups post 55+ or am I missing something else with this zone?

/friend amyas I can bring a 57 druid 55 mage or a 56 shaman I love sebs!

Amyas
11-27-2017, 12:59 PM
Also Necros are crazy level under rated for group play. They have good DPS, mana batt back up, 911 spot heals, ect ect

Phenyo
11-27-2017, 01:04 PM
Join red and be appreciated as a player, not a body. :)

swish please, noone wants to play your dead server

Amyas
11-27-2017, 01:27 PM
swish please, noone wants to play your dead server

I donno I have been enjoying the hell out of it =)

dishing out justice in the name of The Tribunal!

Tuurin
11-27-2017, 01:44 PM
maybe its because you are bad

at 56 you should have monk pet and can solo

seb on blue is packed and you should have single pulls

Of course he "can solo"- lrn 2 reed. He's a necro. That's not the point. He's asking about PUG viability in Seb, which most have picked up on. Some people like to do more than just grind out exp in the most extremely efficient manner. Like grouping for example.

And no, pet tanking with monk pet is not being "good" either. Do you even play a necro?

Spyder73
11-27-2017, 01:52 PM
Not sure why anyone would ever pick Monk pet over Rogue pet...for anything... It has 300 extra life and does the exact same damage but instead of backstabbing for 170 it kicks for 60. Emissary of Thule at least has a substantial HP advantage and life taps for more. Plus the fashion quest aspect is unmatched in all of EQ

Amyas
11-27-2017, 01:54 PM
Not sure why anyone would ever pick Monk pet over Rogue pet...for anything... It has 300 extra life and does the exact same damage but instead of backstabbing for 170 it kicks for 60. Emissary of Thule at least has a substantial HP advantage and life taps for more. Plus the fashion quest aspect is unmatched in all of EQ

Is the monk pet also higher level, missing less and hitting more often?

Lulz~Sect
11-27-2017, 02:03 PM
Rent

zaneosak
11-27-2017, 03:00 PM
Because you call it old sebils. Not Seb. I won’t group with that kind of lunatic.

It was always OS on my server back in the day! :)

rollin5k
11-27-2017, 03:47 PM
1.Make a tight knit clique of elitist prick min maxer friends
2.take them to old sebilis to get mad plats and loots
3.shit on anyone trying to find a pug especially another nice necro or other useless idiots
4.stack ur plats

fadetree
11-27-2017, 03:55 PM
Of course he "can solo"- lrn 2 reed. He's a necro. That's not the point. He's asking about PUG viability in Seb, which most have picked up on. Some people like to do more than just grind out exp in the most extremely efficient manner. Like grouping for example.

And no, pet tanking with monk pet is not being "good" either. Do you even play a necro?

Answer - apparently not.

monk pet because he is soloing

no one going to invite a necro to a group because people on blue99 are dumb and don't know how good necros are

Now he is ignoring the obvious and restating the same thing like it's an explanation. Then, he follows up with a pathetic attempt to troll. Cmon, man, you can do better.

Loke
11-27-2017, 04:37 PM
I generally don't invite people when I'm doing stuff in seb because I like to play at my own pace and it's usually just easier to coordinate with friends only. Also, the whole loot issue. If an RBG or something drops and it's just friends, we talk it out and figure out if we want to split the profits, or if someone's alt can use. When you add randos into the group, the bring along their own expectations, and I've had too many experiences where their expectations don't line up with mine.

For example, we once had a rogue sneak down to where me and a couple friends were PLing alts and ask if they could join. It was late night and exp was flowing, so we were charitable and let them join. Dude bitchrd about loot non-stop. Not even good loot, shit like gems and random trash (e.g. <1k). Dude was straight up getting PL'd by a group that didn't need or invite him, and couldn't shut up about someone looting a gem out of order. I don't want to deal with that shit, so it's easier to just keep it among friends. Adding one random person to a group of close friends completely changes expectations and how the group operates.

skarlorn
11-27-2017, 04:41 PM
I generally don't invite people when I'm doing stuff in seb because I like to play at my own pace and it's usually just easier to coordinate with friends only. Also, the whole loot issue. If an RBG or something drops and it's just friends, we talk it out and figure out if we want to split the profits, or if someone's alt can use. When you add randos into the group, the bring along their own expectations, and I've had too many experiences where their expectations don't line up with mine.

For example, we once had a rogue sneak down to where me and a couple friends were PLing alts and ask if they could join. It was late night and exp was flowing, so we were charitable and let them join. Dude bitchrd about loot non-stop. Not even good loot, shit like gems and random trash (e.g. <1k). Dude was straight up getting PL'd by a group that didn't need or invite him, and couldn't shut up about someone looting a gem out of order. I don't want to deal with that shit, so it's easier to just keep it among friends. Adding one random person to a group of close friends completely changes expectations and how the group operates.

This is a good post. Many players on this server are long-time vets and it's a huge headache for us to have PUG members join in, because, more often than not, these randoms are BAD at EQ and cause more problems than solutions. If you're rolling with your 2 or 3 friends with whomst you've conquered the game, you have better coordination and it's more fun.

When I happen to play a little EQ here and there on my alts, I always feel like being in a group is hand-holding a bunch of scrubs. It just slows me down and nets me less loot. This can be fun, especially when I'm in a sociable-mentor mood. But when I'm in a spot like Sebilis, I'm there to make that plat and having to give loot to people who are basically just leeching off the party defeats the purpose of my Quest.

It's hard to be so handsome and well read.

spectrefax
11-27-2017, 09:18 PM
Some very interesting replies.

I've tried to start my own group at the door on occasion, but it's always met with crickets despite everyone sitting there with the LFG tag on. Most of these replies confirm my suspicion that Sebilis is largely populated by guild/friend groups who view outsiders as basically trash (which I find unfortunate).

Oh, well, guess I know not to waste my time there anymore. Thanks for the insight, everyone. Much appreciated.

Evia
11-27-2017, 11:24 PM
Some very interesting replies.

I've tried to start my own group at the door on occasion, but it's always met with crickets despite everyone sitting there with the LFG tag on. Most of these replies confirm my suspicion that Sebilis is largely populated by guild/friend groups who view outsiders as basically trash (which I find unfortunate).

Oh, well, guess I know not to waste my time there anymore. Thanks for the insight, everyone. Much appreciated.

I'm guildless and most of my leveling friends have quit. I never have an issue finding a group in seb. I think it's your class, not some elite conspiracy agenda. I don't mean that as a general diss on necromancers, either. Just how the majority of eqers perceive them in group settings. It sucks cause I've seen some balling necros pulling off some neat utility tricks and great dps in groups.

Lhancelot
11-27-2017, 11:39 PM
I'm guildless and most of my leveling friends have quit. I never have an issue finding a group in seb. I think it's your class, not some elite conspiracy agenda. I don't mean that as a general diss on necromancers, either. Just how the majority of eqers perceive them in group settings. It sucks cause I've seen some balling necros pulling off some neat utility tricks and great dps in groups.

I wrote earlier that I felt it was probably class-related, but I can see Spyders points having some merit to them.

I imagine it's probably a combination of everything mentioned and then just bad luck on OPs behalf.

Lulz~Sect
11-28-2017, 08:36 AM
Yeah everybody, just quit the class you like and roll another toon to 55 like Swish the cUcK recommends

You’ll be grouping in no time!

Jimjam
11-28-2017, 10:02 AM
Play a cleric or enchanter, much less lfg time

cleric and enchanter are both just necromancer junior.

Grizzler
11-28-2017, 10:21 AM
Play a cleric or enchanter, much less lfg time

I disagree. I played my Cleric in Seb a lot a couple weeks back and I got a single group pretty much the entire time I was there. There was 1 or 2 occasions that I had to log before the group could form, but in the end, I found seb to just be a waste of time.

I can understand where some folks feel the guildmember/friend groups are more efficient and make the entire process easier. However, pugs being ignored definitely keeps the stereotypical view point of P99 being for neckbeards only in tact.

It seems that this server is great till you hit mid-level. Once you hit mid-level or past, your pretty much look down upon from some of these high lvl players. Making xping a lot harder, more time consuming and mostly a solo project which drives most folks away that are interested in group play whether with friends or pugs.

Find a nice guild and play with those folks and pugs would be my suggestion. I luckily have found a great guild that has kept me busy and having fun and I think if you want to make it in the high end game, you will need this. I would also suggest to check out other dungeons that people completely ignore. Have had some great times in other lvl 50 dungeons that aren't crowded.

HowlingMad
11-28-2017, 10:27 AM
I would also suggest to check out other dungeons that people completely ignore. Have had some great times in other lvl 50 dungeons that aren't crowded.

Chardok? Every time I go there on my necro and solo, I see maybe 1 or 2 other people.

I know of a few people that refuse to kill them for a chance at spirit wrack cords or some magical ring with charges of a poop sauce DS. I say to them. DOWN WITH THE FILTHY SARNAKS!

I am surprised that not many go to this zone given that ports to SF are easier to obtain now.

Grizzler
11-28-2017, 10:36 AM
Chardok? Every time I go there on my necro and solo, I see maybe 1 or 2 other people.

I know of a few people that refuse to kill them for a chance at spirit wrack cords or some magical ring with charges of a poop sauce DS. I say to them. DOWN WITH THE FILTHY SARNAKS!

I am surprised that not many go to this zone given that ports to SF are easier to obtain now.
Chardok is definitely one and the hole is definitely another. Requiring a key for the hole makes this a lot less popular but if you get one or make an alt to open the door, it can be a great place.

Otherwise it seems like your regulated to KC or Seb if you just want to LFG in ooc at the zl. Although have heard HS is great too but another spot that you need a key for.

Rang
11-28-2017, 10:58 AM
There just seems to be a lot less ppl in seb recently. I've been able to log in and get crypt solo pretty consistent even sometimes within prime time hours. Maybe people are more focused on raiding now? In any case as most people have mentioned necros are so powerful you don't really need a group and you could start a small group that could easily do c/e bc as a necro you can charm at c/e (if you were a super well geared lvl 60 im sure you could solo crypt really). Or just watch ssederix (sp) howling stones videos and fly to 60 solo in that zone

Cecily
11-28-2017, 11:12 AM
It is and always is and always has been hit or miss LFG in Seb. A big thing to consider is that moving around in Seb is difficult and people are lazy. That's where rogues shine, but there's often an over saturation of them when I'm there. Most groups can use 3 dps. Other roles are almost always a single slot in the group. If you're not needed to replace one of those single slots you're not getting invited. P99 mentality is 100% efficiency when you're dealing with experienced players.

Lhancelot
11-28-2017, 01:06 PM
Find a nice guild

Impossible. ^

I wish there were more choices for guilds.

All 2 of the starter guilds on p99 have crap names (I could never run around with that tag on my head) and all the raid guilds are full of greedy bloodsucking neckbeards.

I have found to enjoy raid guilds on P99 you have to have a ton of tolerance dealing with other people's BS. If you can manage that, you will be alright in a raid guild and should have np gobbling up some raid pixels.

Grizzler
11-28-2017, 01:19 PM
Impossible. ^

All 2 of the starter guilds on p99 have crap names (I could never run around with that tag on my head) and all the raid guilds are full of greedy bloodsucking neckbeards.

I have found to enjoy raid guilds on P99 you have to have a ton of tolerance dealing with other people's BS. If you can manage that, you will be alright in a raid guild and should have np gobbling up some raid pixels.

I dunno. I have definitely been in a couple different guilds since starting on P99. I think I've finally found a good fit. Some of the others I have been in I would agree with your assessment but I think you can still find some viable options depending on your personality. I think some of the issues are also just the amount of folks who are not interested in meeting new people or teaching new people and just want hassle free pixels.

Lhancelot
11-28-2017, 01:24 PM
I think you can still find some viable options depending on your personality. I think some of the issues are also just the amount of folks who are not interested in meeting new people or teaching new people and just want hassle free pixels.

I agree with this. A lot has to do with the player's personality and then the part you mention of wanting hassle free pixels aka greedy neckbeards. The only thing that matters to some is pixels.

xKoopa
11-28-2017, 01:26 PM
There just seems to be a lot less ppl in seb recently. I've been able to log in and get crypt solo pretty consistent even sometimes within prime time hours. Maybe people are more focused on raiding now? In any case as most people have mentioned necros are so powerful you don't really need a group and you could start a small group that could easily do c/e bc as a necro you can charm at c/e (if you were a super well geared lvl 60 im sure you could solo crypt really). Or just watch ssederix (sp) howling stones videos and fly to 60 solo in that zone

Watched a friend solo his necro 51-60 in a week in HS during kunark

Definitely some good xp there

sonicjoose
11-28-2017, 01:37 PM
Need to make a bloodpact with a cleric or enchanter. That will get you a group

loramin
11-28-2017, 02:00 PM
Impossible. ^

I had this perspective too for awhile, but look: there are 12 casual/non-raid guilds in the wiki (and more that aren't in it), and you can't hate all their names right? There are also 9 non-A/A raid guilds, and if you haven't joined or grouped with several members of all nine of them you don't really know them right?

I played for years on this server without ever joining a guild. I got to level 60, got my Epic, etc. all without a guild. And then once I hit level 60 I finally decided to join a guild, and after I did I had one thought: why didn't I do this sooner!

Guilds on P99 are not just full of greedy neckbeards. Of course, everyone wants "pixels", because we are playing a game and that's what the game is about, but everyone is also a human being too. Try more guilds and I can all but guarantee you'll find some people you enjoy playing the game with (eg. Anonymous (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280263) is a cool bunch .... and we're recruiting ... just saying ...)

P.S. On the "you have to have a ton of tolerance dealing with other people's BS", I think that's true of any human interaction whatsoever. While I admit guilds are more social than playing EQ solo, they're really not that much more social, and as long as you join a DKP guild and not a loot council one the most "BS" you'll have to tolerate is someone saying something stupid or offensive in guild chat every once in a blue moon.

Twochain
11-28-2017, 02:21 PM
Do people often find themselves being "looked down on" in Seb? I love playing with newer players in Seb, or ALS players. I love showing people the ropes, as Seb is my favorite zone in any mmo. The only time a "new" player would drive me nuts in a group, is if like, a monk said they know how to pull king and don't. Or if they just won't listen to instructions/are unresponsive. Other than that, it's all gravy! I'm surprised to hear people have issues there.

Freakish
11-28-2017, 02:22 PM
Watched a friend solo his necro 51-60 in a week in HS during kunark

Definitely some good xp there

It's ridiculously good once you get the hang of it. It gets boring and then you're a lvl 60 necro that nobody knows because you never grouped.

Lhancelot
11-28-2017, 03:27 PM
I had this perspective too for awhile, but look: there are 12 casual/non-raid guilds in the wiki (and more that aren't in it), and you can't hate all their names right? There are also 9 non-A/A raid guilds, and if you haven't joined or grouped with several members of all nine of them you don't really know them right?

I played for years on this server without ever joining a guild. I got to level 60, got my Epic, etc. all without a guild. And then once I hit level 60 I finally decided to join a guild, and after I did I had one thought: why didn't I do this sooner!

Guilds on P99 are not just full of greedy neckbeards. Of course, everyone wants "pixels", because we are playing a game and that's what the game is about, but everyone is also a human being too. Try more guilds and I can all but guarantee you'll find some people you enjoy playing the game with (eg. Anonymous (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280263) is a cool bunch .... and we're recruiting ... just saying ...)

P.S. On the "you have to have a ton of tolerance dealing with other people's BS", I think that's true of any human interaction whatsoever. While I admit guilds are more social than playing EQ solo, they're really not that much more social, and as long as you join a DKP guild and not a loot council one the most "BS" you'll have to tolerate is someone saying something stupid or offensive in guild chat every once in a blue moon.

You know I actually socialize with more A/A people and some other higher tier players which is doesn't really make much sense seeing I am unguilded and I also do not enjoy raiding or the lvl 60 activities.

I understand your point. I just despise bouncing around guilds trying them all out.

I found in the past when I did guild I hated it. After a few months, I found myself not even wanting to play my toons anymore.

When I left all guilds, I found I could log on any toon and interact/group with whoever I wanted whenever I wanted. I felt like I had total freedom!

Once I was unguilded, I had no desperate urgings to run to raid mobs at any give moment. No BS over loots or secret tells from some greedy neckbeard begging me for a loot item I rolled on and won fair and square. No lofty expectations I had of what I thought a guild should be like only to drown in a mire of disappointments.

I just think some people value total autonomy and my personal experience has been guilds take that away from the player. I also joined guilds where none of my pals were in them, so that added to more of a desolate feeling and I didn't really care for the people I did meet from the guilds I was in.

Ironically, I was unguilded when going to Seb on my shaman, and I had no issues finding groups 75% of the time. Occasionally I couldn't find a group, but more often than not I did when I tried Seb. :p

TheOutdoorNerd
11-28-2017, 11:36 PM
Usually when I got to Seb, it's to duo with my chanter with my cleric friend. Sometimes it's fun to just duo, but more often then not we'll pick up random people LFG if there's a camp open. We don't have any problem inviting necros.

Like others have said, it's more of the quality of the person joining us rather than whatever class they are. We've even picked up more than one necro. They can mez and help keep the camp locked down, twitch the cleric (or chanter) and otherwise do some great DPS as long as their pet behaves.

So it's kind of a unique perspective that a cleric/chanter duo can do so much with just a duo that everything else is gravy, and everything stacks with that. Last time there, my friend swapped out his cleric for his warrior and we picked up a cleric, and she won the roll for a heiro cloak.

That's another thing: yeah there's lots of friend groups and duo/trios of people who mostly just want loot, but some friend groups are happy to roll for loot with random cool people. Not everyone is just out for themselves.

Sometimes we get that rare douche, or the group doesn't click, or the stars just don't align, and we'll go back to our duo with no hard feelings. So it's nice to have that foundation of having a few friends who have known each other from live in the early 2000s.

I just got my necro to 50 with the last of the bonus XP! Honestly, necro is the class I play most of the time when I don't feel like grouping. It's not that I'm against grouping him, it's just that the XP comes so easy, I don't really try that hard to find a group. A necro is almost a group unto himself.

spectrefax
11-29-2017, 02:06 AM
I'm guildless and most of my leveling friends have quit. I never have an issue finding a group in seb. I think it's your class, not some elite conspiracy agenda. Yeah, I suspect class perception is playing a roll also. I don't mean that as a general diss on necromancers, either. Just how the majority of eqers perceive them in group settings. It sucks cause I've seen some balling necros pulling off some neat utility tricks and great dps in groups.

Agree, it does suck. Because of how necros work with all the health/mana juggling and such, a well-played necro makes a strong group much stronger by a noticeable margin (but, I'm a little biased, lol).

It is and always is and always has been hit or miss LFG in Seb. A big thing to consider is that moving around in Seb is difficult and people are lazy. That's where rogues shine, but there's often an over saturation of them when I'm there. Most groups can use 3 dps. Other roles are almost always a single slot in the group. If you're not needed to replace one of those single slots you're not getting invited. P99 mentality is 100% efficiency when you're dealing with experienced players.

I suspect you are correct as well. The one time I was able to get a group in Seb, was when I managed to go deeper into the dungeon and bump into a group that already had an open slot, but wasn't actively looking--likely due to it not being worth the trouble to clear a path to pick up someone LFG at the door.

TheOutdoorNerd
11-29-2017, 02:21 AM
Definitely approach every group you see and ask if they need one more, even if you count 6 players. You never know, someone could be getting ready to leave, or decide to leave and say "hey guys you should take that necro" :)

branamil
11-29-2017, 06:14 AM
It’s a shame Sebilis is way, way overpacked with extremely desirable loot. You can’t walk 10 feet without some named dropping something good. If only they had spread some of that out to the other tragically under used zones like the Hole.

Anyways, because it’s so profitable people have a pretty clinical and soulless method to farming it. And they have been farming it for 7 years and they don’t have much patience for helping new people in my experience.

Ikon
11-30-2017, 12:27 AM
It’s a shame Sebilis is way, way overpacked with extremely desirable loot. You can’t walk 10 feet without some named dropping something good. If only they had spread some of that out to the other tragically under used zones like the Hole.

Anyways, because it’s so profitable people have a pretty clinical and soulless method to farming it. And they have been farming it for 7 years and they don’t have much patience for helping new people in my experience.
Yeah reading some of the replies here I feel embarrassed for the posters; hoping that they're early teens but knowing they're in fact adults.

If you think you're being "charitable" allowing someone into your group you're probably one of those people permanently planted in Seb denying others the ability to experience the content themselves.

If you don't want them in your group just say so, the lame excuse of "they might be lootwhores", " scrubs", "an RBG might drop and we might have to share it" is stupid.

Faiding
11-30-2017, 01:10 AM
How to P99:

1. Decide what class you want to play
2. Start a Cleric, Enchanter or Shaman and level to 60
3. Make friends
4. Re-roll as the class you chose in Step 1