PDA

View Full Version : Leaving...passing account?

Never
03-02-2011, 10:54 PM
Hello, EQ just doesnt have the draw for me that it once did. Being unable to locate a group for three days did not help either. Seeking to give away account to needy individual, lvl 7 Ogre warrior, 70plat + a bunch of banded, FS weps, etc. IN EC. Bound in FP.

Send PM.

If "give" does not work for the mods, then how about "long term access."

DevGrousis
03-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Just a question, how could you not find a group for 3 days!? especially as a tank?? Try headin to Crush Bone. impossible to not find a group there :D

if not, then it was good havin ya!

Gorgetrapper
03-02-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm actually surprised you didn't find a group in the EC area. Always noobs there grouping up and getting buffed.

Icaro
03-03-2011, 02:56 AM
Hmm maybe because he did not install the UI with the instanced autogroup feature cross-server.

Razdeline
03-03-2011, 04:03 AM
Level 7 and couldn't find a group. Solo to level 10. Head to Oasis. Join the 30+ people grouping there. Problem solved.

stavio
03-03-2011, 05:28 AM
I hate to see a new member leave so early. Just a few tips for finding groups, you can type /lfg and that does not help all the time. Most of the time you have to be pretty vocal to find a group. I usually run to camps that people group at near my level and ask if they got room. Can always be asked to be put on a waiting list for when a member has to leave the group. During that time you could do a little soloing. Also /shouting lvl 7 warrior lfg every couple minutes could land you a spot in a group.

I think thats part of the reason why EQ does not have the same appeal, because grouping is what classic eq was all about in my opinion, but I could be wrong.

I will happily group with you on my lvl 6 cleric, we could duo or even setup our own group, pm if your interested.

Rhodes
03-03-2011, 05:46 AM
Hello, EQ just doesnt have the draw for me that it once did. Being unable to locate a group for three days did not help either. Seeking to give away account to needy individual, lvl 7 Ogre warrior, Zeger, 70plat + a bunch of banded, FS weps, etc. IN EC. Bound in FP.

Send PM.

If "give" does not work for the mods, then how about "long term access."

Don't give up man, stay with us. Are you playing during primetime hours? Really late at night/early in the morning, and even afternoons can be rough for finding groups even in EC. But in the evenings there's usually permagroups at the orc camps that you should be able to just walk up to and join.

Omnimorph
03-03-2011, 06:13 AM
At that level you can still solo. Hell with 70plat you could buy a nice weapon and solo with ease. Get some buffs from someone (most people will oblige this for free) hp buff / damage shield, and you're away.

Level 10+ is when you should be grouping. And if not finding a group is an issue, roll a pet class.

Razdeline
03-03-2011, 06:48 AM
Send Razdeline a tell in game on your Ogre and I will hook u up with some gear and cash.

Lady_Omelia
03-03-2011, 09:26 AM
This place absolutely astounds me sometimes.

I clicked this link thinking it would be a bunch of dicks with "don't let the door hit you" but it was actually people willing to educate, help and be nice.

More p1999, more of this!

Autotune
03-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Don't let the door hit you

Akame
03-03-2011, 10:05 AM
First few levels on a warrior are tough, especially if you are in a less populated zone, plus keeping aggro from a monk will be difficult in the lower levels once you do group. My best suggestion is a repeat, go to EC and get buffs, solo in Nro until 10, then go down to Oasis and group.

Spewys
03-03-2011, 10:12 AM
This place absolutely astounds me sometimes.

I clicked this link thinking it would be a bunch of dicks with "don't let the door hit you" but it was actually people willing to educate, help and be nice.

More p1999, more of this!

Sorry but I was thinking the same thing. Glad I was wrong.

Dude listen to these guys ^^ and don't leave. I can get you a group or get you PL'd.

Versus
03-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Also, sometimes groups just aren't happening. Be proactive and start your own group. "/who all LFG 4 12" may provide you with enough people to throw together a good group.

Can't tell you how many times I've gone from bored LFG to creating a kickass group and leveling. Just avoid the druids.

Hobby
03-03-2011, 11:05 AM
This isn't wow. It's not meant to be an easy experience...but as i am positive 90% of the upper-end population would say, it is well worth the effort in leveling up.

Stick it out, atleast get into the double digits and take these people's advice. It will change your outlook.

carrots
03-03-2011, 11:15 AM
the fact this kid said "couldn't find a group in 3 days" etc obviously shows he isn't going to quit but rather looking for sympathy amongst the p99 community..and it worked beautifully

Massive Marc
03-03-2011, 11:26 AM
WTF ? You're giving up at lvl 7 ??? L...O...L... You could have soloed to level 10 in the time it took you to make this post....

Good luck with WoW...

Never
03-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Not looking for sympathy by any means. I uninstalled EQ, and then after reading several of these posts I reinstalled.
I think my frustration will be shared by many at the low levels. Even while in EC, many times buffs are few and far between. I can always find shaman buffs but rarely is there a cleric or even druid available to offer HP /DS. Wizard DS is even rarer.

Any buffs are of course appreciated, but you have a relatively short time span on most. When you go back to the tunnel to try for buffs, the previous people have left.

Finding an additional person is typically not a challenge, but with only a single group member there is not much point in grouping. On the other hand, it is quite difficult to solo as a warrior. Not with only being able to bind wound to 50% anyways.

I guess my point is, that there are just not a lot of low level players running around most days. Perhaps it is the uprisings across the world, but the past week has been especially thin.

captainspauldin
03-03-2011, 08:54 PM
you people are all gay

Hasbinbad
03-03-2011, 09:11 PM
you people are all gay
captainspauldin, that was a very lucid, well thought out statement, which has made me look on this situation from an entirely new and altogether more enlightened point of view. I really appreciate your input into these matters, and hope that you continue illuminating the rest of us with this kind of deep insight, which we might have missed because we obviously do not possess critical thinking skills on your level.

Razdeline
03-04-2011, 04:02 AM
captainspauldin, that was a very lucid, well thought out statement, which has made me look on this situation from an entirely new and altogether more enlightened point of view. I really appreciate your input into these matters, and hope that you continue illuminating the rest of us with this kind of deep insight, which we might have missed because we obviously do not possess critical thinking skills on your level.

pwned.

Rhodes
03-04-2011, 04:18 AM
it is quite difficult to solo as a warrior.

Can you solo a blue?

Folksie
03-04-2011, 04:40 AM
I agree buffs are fairly short. But if a lvl 50 druid gives you regen and dmg shield that gives you about 15 mins in which you can leg it around EC hitting on all the yellow and light-red cons and getting like half a yellow bubble a kill. It really goes very quickly.

On the grouping front, bear in mind that a) far fewer people group pre-lvl 10, because of how easy it is to solo using the method above, b) this changes dramatically after level 10 as more and more people go lfg, and c) in my experience levelling to 30 so far, tanks are one of the rarest classes to find, and hence I am always looking for wars/sks/pals for my pickup groups.

Good luck!

Not looking for sympathy by any means. I uninstalled EQ, and then after reading several of these posts I reinstalled.
I think my frustration will be shared by many at the low levels. Even while in EC, many times buffs are few and far between. I can always find shaman buffs but rarely is there a cleric or even druid available to offer HP /DS. Wizard DS is even rarer.

Any buffs are of course appreciated, but you have a relatively short time span on most. When you go back to the tunnel to try for buffs, the previous people have left.

Finding an additional person is typically not a challenge, but with only a single group member there is not much point in grouping. On the other hand, it is quite difficult to solo as a warrior. Not with only being able to bind wound to 50% anyways.

I guess my point is, that there are just not a lot of low level players running around most days. Perhaps it is the uprisings across the world, but the past week has been especially thin.

mitic
03-04-2011, 08:13 AM
honestly, playing a warrior requires dedication and the willingness to lead groups since you are most of the time the puller and, of course, the maintank.

since the original poster failed to group for three days at level 7 he is advised to reroll a more laid back class, preferably a soloing class like magician or necro

to each their own! rolling a warrior was the wrong decission

ziggyholiday
03-04-2011, 08:27 AM
Buffs certainly are nice when you are lower level but you can level without them. I picked Qeynos as my starting city for my warrior and stuck it out there until around 16 or so. Let me tell you, that shit was a lot of soloing and there is hardly ever anyone there giving out buffs.

It certainly was a pain but it's doable. Instead of spending your time running around looking for buffs, go kill blues while you try and start a group or even just find 2-3 people to run with.

Tiggles
03-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Not to be mean but if someone can't make it past lvl 7 in East Commonlands on this server then convincing him to play again is just going to waste his time.

This is obviously not the game for him, just wait till his group wipes in Guk and breaks up leaving his corpse down there.

There are so many more frustrating things then getting to level 7 in this game...

Messianic
03-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Not to be mean but if someone can't make it past lvl 7 in East Commonlands on this server then convincing him to play again is just going to waste his time.

This is obviously not the game for him, just wait till his group wipes in Guk and breaks up leaving his corpse down there.

There are so many more frustrating things then getting to level 7 in this game...

Aside: The forum pic under your name is hilarious.

We all have moments, broski - like those people who delete their characters in drunken rages during late-night play.

corradojeff
03-04-2011, 01:07 PM
OP: If you are going to be on this evening/tonight send me a PM with your character name. Ill get you a bit of gear and a PL for an hour or so. That should get you from 7 to 15 no problem. After level 15 you should be more desired as a tank.

Messianic
03-04-2011, 01:09 PM
OP: If you are going to be on this evening/tonight send me a PM with your character name. Ill get you a bit of gear and a PL for an hour or so. That should get you from 7 to 15 no problem. After level 15 you should be more desired as a tank.

Man, I should have asked for help on the forums when I was a newbie to the server =P

Spewys
03-04-2011, 02:56 PM

Like 4 hour CR's in fear and every guild going in to assist wipes and blames you for rushing them. Lmao. Maybe that's fun and not really frustrating:-)

stonebeard22
03-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Man 2 people offering power leveling... he should be level 20 tonight. Then spend another 3 days looking for a group again.

Spewys
03-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Man 2 people offering power leveling... he should be level 20 tonight. Then spend another 3 days looking for a group again.